PDA

View Full Version : How Is The Concourse?

Guya103
06-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Every time we go to WDW we like to try new restaurants because there are so many to do! Our ADR's for July include the Concourse at the Contemporary for dinner and we have yet to dine there. How is the food? How was your experience? Thanks!:mickey:

DWHUBBY
06-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Our family ate there on our last trip in May. We all loved it. In fact, my DS said it was his favorite meal of the entire trip (he had the kids filet) I had the beef brisket (can't remember the actual name of it). The meat just fell off the bone. It was SOOOOO GOOD !!:thumbsup:
I would highly recommend it, you will not be sorry at all.

It is too bad they will be closing next year so Chef Mickey's can expand. :(They are moving downstairs and being changed to an Asian restaurant I believe.

Guya103
06-23-2007, 05:25 PM
How sad, we will be eating there for sure then! Chef Mickey's must be in high demand. Thanks for the insight.:mickey:

Jen C.
06-23-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm glad to hear the positives about Concourse. We'll be trying it for the first time on our upcoming trip. I really like the expanded offerings for the kids.

prttynpnk
06-24-2007, 04:03 AM
We were ther the beginning of the month- great! I had the braised ribs (something to that effect) and it was really good.:thumbsup:

Mary Poppins fan
06-24-2007, 06:45 AM
The Concourse was always on our "to try" list, but we never seemed to make it there. When I heard it was closing, I switched some ADRs around so that we could eat there in September. I'm glad to hear the good reviews! :)

Dizneyfan
06-24-2007, 04:26 PM
We'll be eating at Concourse in September also. Maybe we'll run into each other.:mickey:

Figment!
06-24-2007, 06:26 PM
When is that happening?Contemporary Resort Restaurant Renovations (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=107969)

Mary Poppins fan
06-25-2007, 06:50 AM
We'll be eating at Concourse in September also. Maybe we'll run into each other. Dizneyfan, We're eating there on the 9/3 before the P&P Party! :)

January-2007
06-25-2007, 08:18 AM
We're trying this restaurant for the first time in September as well.

Mickey91
06-25-2007, 08:31 AM
We were there in Dec '06. The food was subpar and the service was terrible!! I hope it was just a bad night. Most people seem to like it and we went on recommendations from several of our friends who have eaten there and enjoyed it.

MMouse6937
06-25-2007, 10:50 AM
We are trying it for the first time on 9/23. Glad to hear most people liked their meals, can't wait to give it a try!!

krose78
06-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Thank you so much for the information about this restaurant closing. I had one more ADR to make and I was waiting for either of the 2 new table services @ AK but when I hear about this restaurant I call Disney Dining and booked it.:thumbsup:

AssumedIdentity
06-25-2007, 03:42 PM
We were there in Dec '06. The food was subpar and the service was terrible!! I hope it was just a bad night. Most people seem to like it and we went on recommendations from several of our friends who have eaten there and enjoyed it.

We also went in December 2006 (for our first time at the Concourse) and thought it was wonderful. Second best meal of our trip - behind Le Cellier. I had a buffalo steak, which was on special that night, and DW had a steak. Everything was excellent. Our server - forget her name - was fantastic as well. Couldn't have asked for a better way to start our trip. We'd happily go back again.