PDA

View Full Version : Wishes and Dreams Come True - Day 5

MOJoe
06-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Thursday 6/14/07

O.K. After a good night's sleep i am having coffee out by the pool. It is 7:15. I see the first bus pull up to take the happy families to Early Morning Hours at Magic Kingdom. Today was scheduled to be a rest and pool day. But i think. Boy, i sure would like to ride Space a couple of times. I bet i could get over and back before the family wakes up. I haven't park hopped as much as i like. Could i get to all the parks and ride my favorite roller coasters - today? No. That is just too much. But i have always wanted to try. All 4 parks in one day! Oh what the heck. Go for it! I walk briskly back to the room. I try to be quiet while i gather my wallet and pour my coffee into a go-cup. Indy hears me and sits straight up in bed. "Hey, why are you awake?" "I'm bored." "Wanna go ride Buzz?" "Yeah." Quick as lightning he throws his clothes on. We are down the stairs and on the bus and into Magic Kingdom at 8:05. The line for Space is out the door, so we ride Astro Orbiter. Indy's first time, and loves it. Next we ride Buzz. Then i try to talk him into riding Space with me. No luck. He says he'll stay in the arcade, so i give him 5 bucks. I get on Space. Back seat, right side. Yes. Indy is waiting when i return. We head back out on Main Street fighting the day crowd that is entering. "Short trip!" some castmember exclaims as we leave. We are at the bus stop at 9:05.

Back at the hotel, Minnie and Solo are just getting up. Indy starts telling them of the Astro Orbiter ride. And i tell Minnie my hairbrained plan. Shaking her head, she decides to go along with it. Indy has still not begun his jedi training, so we decide to go over to MGM next. We have 30 minutes before the the first training session begins, so we ride Star Tours. Then we get right up front and wait for the Jedi Master to appear. There are only 15 or 20 kids that are hoping to be picked. We are front and center. I have a good feeling about this. The music starts. The Master appears. He asks "Who wants to become a Jedi?!" Indy jumps up and down, waving his lightsaber. The Master picks the child on Indy's right. Then the chlid on his left. It's done. Indy does not get picked. I moan. "O.K. We will wait and try the next session. Let's eat while we are here." So we have sandwiches at Backlot Express. Indy watches the training session and doesn't touch his food. Immediately after the show he takes the exact spot he stood in earlier, and waits. The crowd is growing larger this time.
We take turns standing with him. Then after 20 minutes the music starts again. The Master appears, looks at Indy and says, "You will be our first! Come forward!" We are thrilled, and very relieved. The other chosen ones join Indy on stage to train when Lord Vader appears. Indy and the others join the fight, vanquish Darth Vader and get their certificate. Great show. A very special moment. And not least, my camera has fully recovered and captured it all.

Minnie wants to see The Great Movie Ride, and since we had to pass it the other day, we accomodate her. Then me and the boys go to Rockin Roller Coaster. We get there around 1:30. No line. Very odd. We ride and immediately get back in line. A few moments later the P.A. system states there is a delay. The ride is down. We wait just a couple of minutes, then decide to leave. We haven't gotten to ride Everest yet, so off we go to Animal Kingdom. Once there, Solo and i walk too fast for Minnie to keep up. Indy says he is hungry, so i tell her to see to that while we ride. Solo and i get to Everest. Again, no line. "What's up with this?" "The ride has been down," a castmember explains. We ride immediately. But right before we see the big Yedi, the roller coaster stops. We sit there. I get my camera out and take a picture. I have time to joke with the couple behind us, then we start up again. Not a very fulfilling ride. Oh well, i have an interesting pic. We then find Minnie and Indy. He still has not eaten, and still is complaining. "I got distracted," says Minnie, "Let's ride Kali River." I'm hungry!" Indy objects loudly. "Right after this next ride." "No!" Some people begin to stare. "We are bad parents." "Us too."
We get over to Kali River, yet again, no line. We are in the water in less than 5 minutes. After a couple of near misses,i indeed get soaked. Afterwards we get drinks and snacks at Dawa Bar. All is going great. Refreshed we head back to the Dolphin.

Tonight we have ressies at BlueZoo. I debated weather to eat here or the Flying Fish. Never tried either, so i can't compare. But BlueZoo provided one of the best seafood dining experiences i have ever had. We sent the boys to Picaboo, so it was just Minnie and me. We had delicious cocktails, oysters, flatbread and salad. Minnie ordered simply fish and i have bacon wrapped tuna. Unbelieveably good. I tell our waiter that Fultons was good, but Bluezoo is great. He appreciates the comment and a nice tip. After dinner we settle the boys into the room and the 2 of us ride to Epcot. We get flutes of Mumm's at France and stroll around World Showcase sipping slowly, and holding hands. A very nice adult experience. And i am feeling very contended.

All 4 parks in one day. I have always dreamed it would be fun. It really was. And Indy becoming a Jedi. Very, very special. 2 more dreams have come true. Are there any more things Tink can surprise us with? Oh yes! It's not over yet.

Christine
06-23-2007, 02:53 PM
Another magical day! So glad Indy got his training! And boy did you luck out in the no-wait department to day!

At this point you guys are about to bust with pixie dust...can't imagine what else will happen!

Lizzie
06-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds like a great day.

Bethis26fan
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
wow sounds like a great day.

wilshade
06-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Another great report! Dang, that hat has some mojo working for it!

BronxTigger
06-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I was so excited reading this....would they make it to all 4 parks in one day?? Congratulations, and I'm glad the camera started working just in time for Jedi training!

pdrlkr
06-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
06-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, all four parks in one day - and it doesn't even sound like you were rushed! Cool!:thumbsup:

faline
06-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Great day! Congrats on setting foot in all four parks in one day!

iheartmickey
06-25-2007, 03:11 PM
WOW! Sounds like a fantastic day! Way to go!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us, I love reading about all your days!

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay, I need tissues when I read your reports. Your killing me....softly. Anyway, so glad the camera came back to life. And congrats on the 4 parks, I've alsways wanted to do that too.....Maybe in August just me and DH will be going. We'll have to see.

#1disneyfan
06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
We have done 3 parks in 1 day, but never all 4! Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
06-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Another great day - I'm sure glad DS was chosen for the Jedi challenge! We decided to not attempt it this year, as DS has never been chosen in all the times we've tried. It's a bit disappointing so we just focused on meeting the characters.

Four Parks - WOW! We also have done three, but never all four. What great luck that the attractions had just come back on line so you had no waits. And a perfect ending to a great day - sipping Mumm's around WS! :thumbsup:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
What a wondeful day! So much for hanging by the pool! Thanks for the trip report.

castlelady36
06-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Have not been able to do all 4 in one day yet!! Congrats on another super day:D

DizNee143
06-28-2007, 01:20 PM
yay!! that is awesome that you accomplished your goal of hitting all 4 parks in one day!! and glad your son was finally picked to be a jedi...what a great day all around!! :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Three parks is the most I've ever done in one day. Now I have a new goal.
I can't wait to keep reading to see if the magic keeps coming.

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:51 AM
thanks for sharing !

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm glad that Indy got picked, I was feeling the disappointment. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Another impressive day! Congrats on hitting all four parks in one day! That is an accomplishment. I am impressed! Thanks so much for sharing your day with us!:mickey:

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm so glad that you got Indy to persevere and he finally got picked for Jedi training! Awesome!

And you did all 4 parks in one day! :notworth: One of these years we'll have to do that!