PDA

View Full Version : Room upgrades?

Bethanymouse
06-23-2007, 01:51 PM
We are traveling to WDW and staying at the POP in late August (20-31). Our friends are joining us the second week. They just received an email for a free room upgrade to SSP or OKW? Has anyone else received this upgrade? Were only certain people chosen? How were those people selected? We were just wondering.....:confused:

mousaholic
06-23-2007, 02:06 PM
Quite a few people were offered the upgrade - the upgrade was for selected people who were checking into value resorts for the beginning of the free dining period (8/26). Each person who received the free upgrade offer should be able to book 3 rooms with the upgrade. (One person in my group received the email and we were able to reserve 3 1BR at SSR with the upgrade). Maybe your friend can get you an upgraded room! Good luck!!:mickey:

Darbylew
06-23-2007, 02:11 PM
It has been a few years back but we were called
and upgraded to a Deluxe resort. We got to
choose which one. That is the one and only time
it has happened. It was great....:thumbsup:

moe513
06-23-2007, 04:03 PM
There have been a few post on this were you can get more info. What a great upgrade.

Lucyrella
06-23-2007, 04:53 PM
We got the same upgrade, we are visiting 8/26 to 9/1 and were originally booked at the POP. We chose the OKW resort, a 1 bedroom villa. We are traveling with an almost 4 year old and a 2 year old so the space will be great. I thought it was spam at first but posted on here first to get the scoop and then went ahead and called. We had booked the vacation on April 9th with our Chase Disney Card, I don't know how they decide who gets the upgrade, but we are definitely thankful to have the space. I got the email on June 7th I think, and I also did some kind of internet survey in between those two dates, I asked the reservationist how we got it and she wouldn't tell me, she just said we were being upgraded.

mousaholic
06-23-2007, 05:21 PM
We wanted to stay at OKW, however they did not have 3 1BR's left, only studios. So, we chose SSR. We are thrilled with the upgrade, we also booked on April 9th for 8/26 through 9/3.

Have a great vacation!

Jen C.
06-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Bethanymouse, if it's not too late, have your friend definitely mention that you were all a group and want to stay together. My intuition tells me you'd get the upgrade as well! Best of luck!!;)

Bethanymouse
06-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I just spoke with my friend and she had called yesterday afternoon. She works for child protective services and has quite a hectic and chaotic job so she didnt get a chance to call earlier. The CM informed her that she was too late and all the rooms had been booked up already.....:( So sad for her! The CM did say to keep trying back and maybe something will open up...but who knows.....it is a great deal for those who are able to take advantage of it!

Flower
06-25-2007, 08:55 AM
That is too bad your friend missed out, but tell her to keep calling!

I was advised by a CM it was for people who had inquired about the vacation club in the past.