bratmaster
06-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Cast:
me
DH
dd11
dd7
ds4

Today was one of my most anticipated days of our trip - downtown disney day! I actually enjoy this as much as the parks. DH despises downtown disney. Too bad for him with 3 girls in the family! My girls love it too, but can never really seem to find anything they want with their pre-earned disney dollars. that is one good thing about my kids; none of them even asks for or wants anything! We have to usually encourage them to buy something, and they come home with half of their money. We actually had to force a hat and t-shirt on DS in the end, because he just wouldn't really act like he cared about anything. I had the most fun time at the toy store making my son a mr. potatoe head, where you fill up a box for a set amount. Well, little did i know that the box lid has to close! What an embarrassment at the register. I had a zillion pieces forced into the box. When he said the lid had to close i was determined to make them all fit, so the box finally burst open! I asked for another box to try again, painstakingly removing one piece at a time so as to make most of it fit. The guy thought i was a lunatic. I also got DS4 a "Roo" doll, since his favotire ride was winnie the pooh. (He is now a major pooh fan!) he isn't big on stuffed animals, but that doll was his buddy for the rest of the trip, and he is still sleeping with it at night. I probably spent the most at the Basin buying those bath bombs, but they don't really seem to do much other than smell good. I really don't buy much either; i can actually spend a happy day at the mall just window shopping. I got a nice album for all of our pictures, and a few more pins since the test track one was my only one so far and it kept weighing down on the one side of my lanyard. And i got a christmas ornament of course, a tradition that we will do every visit.
I think that was all i really bought, but it was so much fun looking around! One thing i really wanted was those mickey shaped plates that all the restaurants feed you on. i was surprised they did not sell them. they had some cheaper black ones, but there was no lip on the edge of it. So if anyone knows how to obtain those white mickey plates, let me know! I finally started to save the kids meal mickey plates and rinse them out. even though they are cheap plastic and will eventually fall apart, they are nice for the kids to eat on for awhile anyways. But I really liked the nice big one with the ears so they can separate their food.
Later that night was our PS for chef mickey's - another family favorite and must do for every trip. This had to be DH's highlight of the trip. he was in his glory with his prime rib. We had a great time, and the food there can't be beat. I have a nice photo of me in shock when i recieved the bill. It is ridiculous. $117, plus another $30 for the photo package! I wasn't going to get the pictures, but they really came nice and actually made for a nice family portrait. I wish we could eat at chef mickey's every night. The best, IMO.

Lizzie
06-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
06-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-23-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for sharing.

faline
06-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Shopping days are always fun! Glad you enjoyed your time at Downtown Disney!

offwego
06-25-2007, 08:56 AM
Sounds like a great time, with a wonderful dinner to cap it off.

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
What a great day! Chef Mickey's is fun -- I'm glad you enjoyed your meal ... and pictures so well! :mickey:

January-2007
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Sounds like a great day all around. I had to laugh at the Mr. Potato Head box breaking open. That happened to me at Basin White. I was filling one of the tubes with the small bath bombs when all of a sudden the bottom breaks off and they all fall to the ground. I was so :blush: but it was okay. Thanks for reporting.

DizNee143
06-27-2007, 12:45 PM
ah..downtown disney!! i LOVE it there...im like you..i like it just as much as the parks!!..its fun just walking around and looking!! and OMG Chef Mickeys is a favorite of mine too...as i was reading this im like i cant wait until i go..but then i realized we are going for breaksfast..i might have to get an dadr for dinner there also...lol
thanx for sharing..sounds like you an dyour family had a good day!! :mickey:

iheartmickey
06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Sounds like an excellent day of shopping and dining my two favorite things in life!

We're gonna have to try Chef Mickey's ... while on the DDP! LOL!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2007, 11:03 PM
Sounds great, thanks for sharing.

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:40 AM
thanks for sharing !

vizsla
07-02-2007, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
07-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Gotta love a day of shopping at Downtown Disney! :mickey:

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 12:20 AM
I love shopping at DTD but I can always find stuff to buy:blush: That was too funny about the Mr Potato Head box;)
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: