PDA

View Full Version : Help! What is "Club Level"

spcagrl
06-22-2007, 07:51 PM
We are all set for Wilderness Lodge end of July, and we have a "deluxe room-club level" What IS THAT?? I am all confused. Some boards say it is concierge, it's just called club, and some say it is a junior suite! Has anyone ever stayed in one? What was it like? I am beginning to panic!!!

TheRustyScupper
06-22-2007, 08:00 PM
1) It is the same as the "concierge" floor.
2) Disney does not offer true concierge service. *
3) They have been forced to change names to Club Floor.
4) Nothing else changed or changes.

* Folks who are accustomed to concierge services at better hotels have complained that they bought the Concierge Floor and did not get "concierge" service. Thus, the name change.

tarzan_rocks
06-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Okay, so what is the difference between concierge service and the club floor?

I ask because I’ve never stayed on a concierge or club floor at WDW or anywhere else. We have a standard view room at WL in August and wanted to ask about upgrading to concierge at check in. I too was confused about the concierge/club semantics. My understanding of the concierge, club or whatever its called is that it was a restricted access area to only those with rooms on that level and that there is a lounge with cold drinks, snacks, hors d'oeuvres, and deserts. I understand that there is also a CM available for questions, etc. Is there more? Is there more you get from a true concierge level that you don’t from a club? Thanks.

tr

TammiMcMan
06-23-2007, 10:43 AM
True concierge at high end hotels can include limo service around town, complimentary luxury car rental for your stay, guaranteed last minute seats at a restaurant or "sold out" entertainment, clothing usage, personal shoppers, etc.

At Disney, it's more along the lines of assistance with bookings, but no guarantee that they can get you Cirque tickets if they're sold out, or breakfast with the Princesses if it's not available. The lounge is very nice though, with snacks and drinks throughout the day. You are also located on a secure floor or building, which can only be accessed with your room key.

tarzan_rocks
06-23-2007, 01:17 PM
At Disney, it's more along the lines of assistance with bookings, but no guarantee that they can get you Cirque tickets if they're sold out, or breakfast with the Princesses if it's not available.

So is this service really any different than you get from the Guest Services desk in the lobby?

tr

TheRustyScupper
06-23-2007, 02:39 PM
So is this service really any different than you get from the Guest Services desk in the lobby?

1) A little. Mainly
. . . lounge service for beverages and lite-bites
. . . lounge seating for relaxing
. . . short lines for services (tix, ADR, etc)
. . . advance ADR planning service (same 180 days)
. . . purchases at parks placed in your room
. . . turn-down service (some resorts you need to request)
. . . sense of "special-ness"
. . . the CM's usually remember your name
2) For other assistance, the lobby can help just as well.

NOTE: Staying Club Floor is an individual choice. It doesn't pay back financially, but a lot of folks do like it for the convenience. If you want it, go for it.

tarzan_rocks
06-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks. I was really just referring to the assistance with bookings part of the service that I quoted from TammiMcMan. I understand about the lounge benefits. So from your answer the only differences are that the line is likely to be shorter, the concierge person helping you may remember your name and a sense of “special-ness”.

I understand your note too. I’m not making any judgments about it. I’m just collecting information to decide it its something we’d want to consider. If there is something magical that they can do that Guest Services can’t I might be more interested.

tr

spcagrl
06-24-2007, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the info, it does help. We booked a room that is supposed to have 2 qeen beds and a sofa sleeper. It does not look like any of those rooms are on the top floor though....and I thought that was the "club floor" is a floor and a level the same thing?????

TammiMcMan
06-24-2007, 10:36 AM
TR, when you're at the resort, the service is basically the same as what you'd get from lobby concierge. A few differences, are that you aren't waiting in line at the lobby, you're comfortably seated with the concierge representative. On the club level, if you have a request for a video camera replacement battery or a cable that you forgot at home, they can arrange for a runner to pick one up for you. So, I guess you could just say it's a higher level of service. Pre-planning also begins before your vacation... you don't have to wait until you arrive.

spcagrl, most concierge rooms are located on the club level, with a few exceptions. Some suites and deluxe rooms are located in other areas of the resort, but you can access the club level by using your room key in the elevator.

spcagrl
06-24-2007, 05:31 PM
NOW, (duh) I am finally beginning to get it!!! Thanks to all of you, I can stop beginning to panic & start getting excited!!!!!