PDA

View Full Version : Wishes and Dreams Come True - Day 4

MOJoe
06-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Wednesday 6/13/07

Everyone is in a good mood this morning. We are still excited to have met the Dream Team yesterday, and won. Something Minnie and i had really wished for. And the pixies have really been working hard to make sure all is well with our vacation, because after all night on the charger, my camera is showing some battery life. Hooray! Maybe i can get a few shots. Today we are going back to the Magic Kingdom. After the usual coffee routine we head out. We arrive about 9:30 and walk back to Tomorrow Land, having a Photopass pic taken along the way. Solo and i go to Space to get fastpasses and ride, while Minnie and Indy go to Buzz. I put our 4 tickets into the Fastpass machine but one of the fastpasses says "not valid." So i put all 4 back in and get 4 more "not valid" fastpasses. I am afraid one of the park tickets didn't get activated. Oh well, maybe a trip to guest relations is in store. Solo and i then ride Space. This is my favorite. From the moment you enter the queue, till the gift shop exit, there is so much to see. A true paradox since this is one of the darkest rides in the World. After Space, Solo and i start looking for Minnie and Indy near Buzz. We see them coming from behind and re-entering the ride, so we follow them in. As we meet up in the queue, Indy excitedly but incoherently starts talking how he just met some space rangers who saluted him and asked that he retrive a battery for Buzz. "Huh?" I can't follow what he's saying, and the line is moving fast, so we get on the ride. Afterwards, outside, Minnie explains. "We were still outside in line, when 2 castmembers came up to us. They said, ' Dr. Jones, Buzz needs to see you immediately.' They took us out of line, brought us through a back entrance to a separate loading area. They told Indy to help Buzz retrive a battery and saluted. They stood at attention till Indy saluted back then put us on the ride." "Unbelievable", i say. "That must have been some sort of Magic Moment." Minnie replies, "Magic or not, i am sticking with him. I swear that Indiana Jones hat is lucky!" For the rest of the day Indy keeps saying with wonder and enthusiasm, "I got a Magic Moment!" Things like this are priceless. We are becoming silly with glee, yet having a hard time believing our good fortune thus far. Somebody up there really seems to be looking over us. Tink? Is it you?

We ride the TTA, and see Monsters again, then while Indy and Minnie go to the Speedway, Solo and i use our fastpasses for Space. We meet up for smoothies at Autie Gravities, then stroll over to Frontierland to get fastpasses for Splash, passing Woody and the Gang on our way. All the tickets work this time. Great. We decide from here to go visit Tom Sawyer Island. As we are on the raft about to cross the water, the steamboat comes around the bend. A large group of people are leaning on the rails, staring down at our crowded raft. "Hey!" i yell up at them. "Why aren't you all hitting the slots?" I don't know if they heard me, but all the adults on the raft had a good chuckle.
We explore the fort and the caves on the island till it is time for lunch at Crystal Palace. Solo feels he is a little to mature for this place, but i explain that the food is good; here in Magic Kingdom; and you don't have to pose with Pooh if you don't want to. He is satisfied. So we have a nice lunch, and afterward, Solo and Indy have their picture taken with Pooh anyway. Our Splash fastpass time comes up right as we finish. It has become hot, so we welcome the dark tunnels and the slight drenching. Solo and i then get in line for Big Thunder, while Minnie and Indy shop. While in line i strike up a conversation a family from Illinios. They said they come every year during this week. I asked what they thought of the crowds. They replied that every year it is a little more crowded, and that this year has been the worst. Star Wars effect? June weather? Who knows. After our ride we meet back up with Minnie and Indy, who says, "I'm tired. I'm hot. I want to go back to the hotel." We all agree and exit the park. As we get off the bus at the Dolphin, it begins to storm. "Just in time." i say as the wind and rain blow outside our window.

Minnie and i decide to freshen up and go down to Bluezoo for cocktails. Good choice. The drinks here are exotic and delicious. Minnie has a Bluezoo Cosmo and i have a Martini. The Martini has large olives stuffed with blue cheese, and the Cosmo is made with Grand Marnier and topped with raspberry foam. Yumbo. After drinks we go back to the room. We all fall asleep and don't awake till 8:00. After a needed rest, we go to Downtown Disney. Indy has been asking to go to Once Upon a Toy so he can build his own lightsaber. Thanks to Intercot for this tip! This is the best toy bargain around. A cast member helps you choose the parts and assemble them. You get batteries and a Jedi or Sith lapel pin. All for the low, low price of $20. I take a great picture of my 2 boys clashing lightsabers as if they are Obi Wan and Anakin. Again, priceless. We get into Fultons just before they close and have a very good seafood dinner. The service here is surpurb, and the food excellent. But the price reflects it. Maybe a little too much. We leave a deserted Downtown Disney and catch the last bus back to the hotel.
Another very special day. The lightsabers are a big hit, and Indy's hat brings him luck once again. Can our luck continue? Will dreams come true tomorrow? This is Disney. All you have to do is believe.

Christine
06-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm so glad your magical trip is still going strong!

Can't wait to see what else Indy will be treated to! ;)

Lizzie
06-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Sounds like a great day. I can't wait till my next trip to experience some magical moments.

sleepingbooty
06-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Another fun day - thanks for sharing!

Bethis26fan
06-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Thanks for shariing.

wilshade
06-24-2007, 08:51 AM
Another great report! Gotta get me one of those hats!

BronxTigger
06-24-2007, 09:24 AM
You have been having some good luck (minus the camera situation) on this trip. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

pdrlkr
06-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
06-24-2007, 06:35 PM
This is certainly turning out to be a magical trip for your family!

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 03:17 PM
It seems Tink has sprinkled your family with pixie dust. Awesome.

I must ask, do you write for a living? I think you could be a writer.....I would surely buy your book. No matter what the topic!!

You brought tears to my eyes....good tears.

KylesMom
06-26-2007, 05:47 PM
How great about Buzz! So, did Indy retrieve the battery? :blush: Another magical day. I would have to agree that the Build a Lightsaber kiosk at DTD is the BEST!

I would also have to agree that this was the most crowded we've ever seen Disney in June - at least this early. But it seems you guys are getting around GREAT!:thumbsup: On to another installment! :blush:

Dizneyfan
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
So happy to hear that your trip went great. Love your reports.:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-26-2007, 08:42 PM
thanks for sharing another great report

January-2007
06-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Somehow I skipped over this day by mistake... Glad you had a great day, that lucky hat, wow! Thanks for the great trip reports!

Tink-N-Me
06-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Wednesday 6/13/07

Everyone is in a good mood this morning. ..... Indy has been asking to go to Once Upon a Toy so he can build his own lightsaber. Thanks to Intercot for this tip!

So nice when everyone is in a good mood...I must have missed this tip the first time around, but I've got it now. Thanks!

castlelady36
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Hope we can get some of that :pixie:before we leave in 8 days!!!

DizNee143
06-28-2007, 01:03 PM
what a wonderful day...your days just keep getting better and better!! cant wait to read about tomorrow!!! :mickey:

Pocahontas
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Maybe I'll have to buy a Indy hat and see if I get the same kind of magic!

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 01:07 AM
You guys are so lucky!!! I wonder if I can make my DH wear and Indy hat next time we go?:secret: Thanks for sharing another great day:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-08-2007, 12:03 AM
That is great news! I am so glad that you got to meet the dream team 2 times already! It sounds like you had another wonderful day! Thanks so much for sharing it with us!:mickey:

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 06:44 PM
You say that you took a picture... could it be that the camera came back to life?

I think DS will have to make a trip to build his own lightsaber. Since he doesn't know about it, I'll get to be the "cool mom." Glad to hear that your boys enjoyed it! :yoda: