Cast:
Me- Leader of the Lost Boys and trip coordinator
Our group-
19 Boy Scouts (boys ages 12-17)
11 chaperones
17 extended family members
All told- 47 people to coordinate :D.

It’s been more than a year in the planning. :mickey:
A full year ago we started signing scouts up for this trip and accepting payments. More than a year to get the basic schedule and dates ready and come up with a budget.
This is the 2nd time I have organized a camping trip to WDW for our Boy Scout Troop. The first time was in 2001 and we had a group of 16 scouts and 14 adults. It was a fabulous trip that has been talked about ever since.

Now, in 2007, we have a whole new crop of scouts. My younger son is the only repeat scout on the trip. He was the youngest one last time, and now he’ll be the oldest. And he’s looking forward to it just as much.

Three families are driving to Florida, 24 of us are flying together, and a handful of others are flying, but not with the group.

We arrive on Saturday, June 23rd and have our first group event- dinner at Trail’s End.

We have 7 YES (Youth Educational Series) programs planned for the week, one private tour in World Showcase, a total of 4 group meals, 2 water park days, plans to see all of the nighttime fireworks and parades, and we get to retire the American Flag in the MK one afternoon!

John & I are staying in a FW Cabin this time. We are the couple who will be the “keepers of the perishables.” :cart: We will hold all the milk, OJ, lunch meat, etc in our fridge, and haul it over to the group campsite each morning so everyone can eat breakfast and pack their lunches.

Last trip, I attended every one of the YES programs so I could see what they did and how they did it. This time, I am stepping back and letting more chaperones share in the fun. We have 4 adults per program, and every adult will do 3-4 programs during the week. The rest of the time is “free time” for the grown ups! We get vacation! :vacation:

All the work is done, all of the plans are set- now we just have to keep our fingers crossed :fingers: that we have good weather, no illnesses and not too many travel issues.
(Our first travel issue is that DME never sent me the luggage tags for 24 people- I do not have a good feeling about this. :help:)

Wish us luck and pixie dust!
:wave:See you all in July!

Christine
06-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow! That's quite an undertaking! Sounds like everything is organized nicely though.

Hope the DME tags get there and work well!

Beach Club Babe
06-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Wow! All I can say is you are one brave woman, Linda! Lots of Good Luck Wishes and Pixie Dust coming your way! I hope everyone has a fantastic trip!

January-2007
06-22-2007, 02:31 PM
Yes, brave you are. I hope you all have a wonderful trip. Lots of memories will be made, that's for sure! Here's some :pixie: hoping all goes well and you come home smiling from a fun time.

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm echoing the sentiment that you are one brave woman! :mickey: I hope your whole group has a safe and magical time!

sgdisney
06-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Now that sounds like my kind of boy scout camping trip! I agree, you are one brave woman! But hopefully all the planning will pay off in a wonderful trip. I hope the other parents realize what a great person you are to have planned all of this. I look forward to reading your reports when you get back!

DizNee143
06-22-2007, 04:25 PM
wow!
i hope you all have a great time...and they everything goes good!! but im sure all 47 of you will have a great time..since you all will be in Disney!!
btw..how long are you going for?
cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!! :mickey:

Lizzie
06-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Sounds fun but a little exausting. Have a great trip!

darko aggie
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Didn't you post your reports on the last scout trip? I think I remember reading those. You sound like a very well organized person, I'm sure you'll have a great time!!!!:thumbsup: Good luck!

pogo
06-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Good luck, travel safe, have fun and don't forget to report back. :thumbsup:

I'm expecting great stories upon your return. :D

wendy*darling
06-22-2007, 09:06 PM
btw..how long are you going for?
8 nights/9 days

Didn't you post your reports on the last scout trip?
Yes I did! Glad you remember. :mickey:

I'm expecting great stories upon your return. :D
I will "do my best" :thumbsup:

faline
06-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Hope everyone has a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear about this trip!

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 02:41 PM
wow I hope everything goes great for you. I always admire adults who give their time for kids clubs and stuff. Brave, brave people. :mickey:

Melanie
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
Hope you are having a great trip, Linda and the Scouts! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
06-24-2007, 11:07 PM
:mickey:Have a great time:mickey: