PDA

View Full Version : Pirates & Princesses Party

Roo Girl
06-22-2007, 01:21 PM
For those that have been to this party, do you think it is mainly for kids? I have been to both the MVMCP and MNSSHP and I think there is broad appeal for both of those- just not sure if P&P is more catering to the actual kids in WDW...Debating if DH and I should get tix when we're there in August. Thanks!

Disney Doll
06-22-2007, 05:45 PM
DH and I went in Feb. We don't have kids yet, but we brought our nephew. It was a blast. The parade and fireworks are not to be missed. We really enjoyed the lack of crowds. We walked right on to so many rides. That alone was worth the cost of the ticket. We also enjoyed seeing some of the hard to find characters. We saw Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters. They were really acting the part. I wouldn't hesitate to go back without kids. We skipped a lot of the extra entertainment like the dance parties and story tellers. Those seemed to be more for kids.

faline
06-23-2007, 05:43 PM
My husband and I went in January! We didn't have any children with us. We had a great time and I'd go to this event again in a heartbeat! We both dressed up as pirates for the event and this really enhanced the experience. I highly recommend dressing for the occasion! We watched both parades the night we went. The park was so empty by time the second parade came around, they didn't even bother to put up ropes. I think there were fewer than a dozen people in the are of the circle by the train station!

ibrowse17
06-23-2007, 06:27 PM
DW and I went in Feb without kids, and loved it. The amount of "grown ups" that were there wearing costumes surprised me. It was a great atmosphere, with short wait lines and some of the best fireworks to be had at the MK. Give it a try, and have a great time:thumbsup:

tarjaybuff
06-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Well . . . after being to MNSSHP before we went to P&P it was disappointing. THe halloween parade was 10x better. However, I thought the fireworks were OK (esp the Pirate part). The way I look at it - the P&P Party is only for about 25 nights. It is an honor to say we went, and would regret if we were there and didn't do it. We had a blast making the best of it as 3 adults. It was fun, but does not compare to MNSSHP.:mickey: