PDA

View Full Version : First timer going Solo

mjm12000
06-22-2007, 12:37 PM
ok, so I am going to WDW for the first time in January 2008, I will be traveling solo. I have been to Disneyland Resort several times so on my trip to WDW I will not be re-doing many of the duplicate rides with the exception of the bigger rides like TOT, BTMR, Splash Mountain etc. I will be staying for 10 full days plus the day of arrival and the day I leave. So in that full 10 days of resort time do you think as a solo traveller I will be able to see all of the 4 parks plus one water park as well as do some resort hopping and maybe a tour or two. I walk very fast and know how to use fast pass and single rider as I travelled to Disneyland Solo as well. So with all that in mind do you think I will be able to see most if not all of the major attractions, shows and some extras in 10 days. I am planning on two days per park plus one day at the water park and then one day for touring some of the resorts and downtown disney and maybe some of the resort water sports.

T--
06-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Yep, you'll be able to do it all.
You'll move quicker and spend less time making decisions flying solo.
You'll have to pick your spot wisely with the water park, though. Historical daytime temps would make it a little iffy. Temps are possible from the mid 50's to the low 80's if you're lucky.
What do you like to do? The folks that frequent this board can be indisposable.

mjm12000
06-22-2007, 02:07 PM
thanks for the reply T--, I like to do the thrill rides and the shows and of course soaking in the atmosphere. Of couse as this is my first WDW trip I will try to do everything but I will not be heart broken if I miss out on doing the rides that are the same at Disneyland, for instance a lot of the dark rides at MK will be at the bottom of my list of things to do as I have done them all at Disneyland already.

For the water park, it will depend on the weather to some degree, I am from Canada so if the park is open and the temp is 60 or above I will still go ...60 is still better then snow. If it is too cold then I will probably use the day I set aside for the water park to redo stuff at one of the other parks. My base plan is to do each park once for the first 4 days, that way I will know which ones I would like to go back to and which rides I want to do over and over so that I can then take the next 6 days of my trip to revisit them.

I know when I went to Disneyland on my first trip I went solo as well. I did all of California Aventure on the day in one afternoon, I then managed to do and see very ride and show at Disneyland on my second day and then spent the next 6 days redoing everything I liked. So that gives you some idea of how fast I move. Also single rider is super fast.

My guess is that I will be able to do the entire Magic Kingdom in one day, less if I skip the dark rides. Epcot I am planning on two full days and maybe more as I am planning on doing at least one of the tours. I think Animal kingdom will also be at least one day and probably more as I am sure I will want to ride Everest many many times. Then I figure at least one full day at MGM and again I will most likely want to go there a lot as I am looking forward to trying their version of TOT and also Rock and Roll coaster.

As I am traveling alone I don't mind going at break neck pace through the parks, and I can go all day with no breaks as well. So I hope I fit in as much as possible in ten days.

RockChalkKimball
06-22-2007, 03:02 PM
You are a theme park commando! Yes, in 10 days you will be able to do all the things you want. Being by yourself, you will be able to manuever the crowds easily. You can accomplish more by not needing those afternoon nap breaks.
If you decide you need someone to go with you, let me know... I won't slow you down!

disneycouple2004
06-22-2007, 03:19 PM
Flying solo..no problem...you will be done with time to spare...i think you have a excellent plan..can i leave my wife at the resort and fly with you ??...i am fast too :thumbsup:

DawsonAR
06-22-2007, 03:25 PM
I have done the parks solo before and was amazed at how much faster it was to be alone. I think you can do it all in that time frame without a problem. Have fun! :mickey:

mjm12000
06-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Cool

So it sounds like I should have enough time to do it all or as much as is humanly possible..

And yeah I would love to meet people while I am there so if you are going to be at WDW from January 12 to 23rd 2008, I will be there.

I almost feel bad for people who have to bring their whole family, I can not imagine trying to organize a group of more than one or two people and making everyone happy... sounds like more stress to me.

See as much as I don't like kids in general I have to say whenever I am at a Disney Park and I see how much they light up and really enjoy the magic it almost makes me get misty eyed.

chick20679
06-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Sounds fun! A trip by yourself should be awesome, and not only shold you be able to see everything you'd like in 10 days, you'll probably have lots of down time to relax by the pool or sit and have a lesiurely margarita at the Mexico pavillion!! As others have mentioned, you'll be able to navigate the crowds more easliy solo, eat when you want, rest when you want, and you'll be able to take advantage of the 'single rider' line that some attractions offer. Hope you have a blast!!! :mickey: