PDA

View Full Version : Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls

Flower
06-22-2007, 07:26 AM
We stayed at the lodge last Sunday night.

We arrived at the lodge around 11 am Sunday morning to check in, we were given our wrist bands and check-in materials but told our room was not ready and to come back around 4pm.We were able to start using the water park immediately.

I LOVED the wrist bands, It was our park admission, our ROOM KEY, and we had charging privileges. The wrist bands are similar to what you would get for a Disney event, but on the inside there was a thin electronic strip that gave us our 'special powers' as my 3 year old called it.

We left the resort to walk down by the falls and have lunch, returning a little after 2 pm. We were assigned our room, a family suite. It was very nice, 2 double beds and a pull out sofa, a table & 2 chairs, a balcony with 2 chairs, tv, microwave & fridge. The room was pretty large.

Of course, the first thing we hot was the water park!Our 3 year old did not like the kiddie slides, but he LOVED the wave pool with dad. Our 7 month old was happy with mom holding him in the water and splashing with him. With the 2 little ones it made it hard for DH and I to get on many slides - we think we should go back one day without the kiddies!

We were both able to do 2 slides solo - the first one I did was the Niagara Rapids which has a conveyor belt shoot you along in places - it was awesome! The other one I got to try was the vortex-type that shoots you into a 'bowl' and spins you around - very cool!DH did the same 2 while I watched the kiddies.

Anyway, we had a great time!!

January-2007
06-22-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for reporting. I love Niagara Falls.

CanadianWDWFan
06-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Thanks Lea-ann! :thumbsup:

I have been wondering about this place since I first saw it advertised.

Tinkermom
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
We have a Great Wolf Lodge here in Kansas City. It sounds like the one at Niagara Falls has some much nicer water features. A wave pool and the conveyer belt slide sounds very cool!

Indoors ours has a small lazy river, a swimming pool, 3 large waterslides, a kiddie area with 2 small slides, a large hot tub area and a water play area that has a huge bucket that dumps water every couple of minutes (a bell sounds when it is ready to dump). On 2 of the 3 waterslides you use an inner tube on one or a raft on the other. There is also an outdoor pool.

I would love to visit Niagara Falls someday!

NJGIRL
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
We stayed at the one in PA for two days and loved loved loved it. To compare it, it was "disney" quality. Rooms were big and clean, water park was fun, food at restaurants were great quality, and their were other activities for the kids besides the waterpark. I found the price to be very reasonable since it included your room and water park tickets.

The thing I was MOST impressed with was that if your check in is at 4:00 on Friday you can come early as 1:00 and start using the water park. Also if your check out is at 11:00 in the morning Saturday, you can use the waterpark until 10:00 Saturday night. It's like using the water park for a whole day free.

I'm glad you had a good time. I love Niagra Falls it's just amazing to see in person. I'm sure staying at the Great Wolf was an added bonus.

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the report Flower. We have a few days booked there next month, it's good to hear you liked it :thumbsup:

Caroleh
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the report, Lea-ann. It'd be nice to convince the DH to a trip to Niagara Fall sometime soon!!