PDA

View Full Version : Should i try to change from AAA wl to AP?

Crow
06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
im going in Sept again at Pop for free dining, then 2 nights at WL AAA courtyard view total of $515.
they just released AP rates at other resorts for that time. i see that Poly & the Epcot resorts may b avail for just slightly more than my WL rate
i love WL. doesnt look like a better rate will b avail since it seems booked.
never stayed at Poly or Boardwalk, didnt care for BC other than the great location.
i dont have an AP. i did book a hopper for my stay.
i have an ADR for Artist Pt.
what to do?

Jen C.
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Personally, I would stay with WL. YOu know that you enjoy it, and it will be a treat for you, so why chance it? I'm sure the opportunity will come again where you could sample the other resorts you are interested in.

Just my opinion;)

January-2007
06-22-2007, 10:47 PM
If you don't already have an Annual Pass, I couldn't see investing in one just to stay somewhere other than you originally planned and wanted to stay. I would stick with what you've got. Do what you think is best in the long term though, like if you think you'll make it back within a year and maybe could stay at Wilderness Lodge the next time? Tough decision. Just make sure you upgrade your park hopper pass that you're getting with the package, don't use that and then buy a brand new Annual Pass if you end up going that route.

Crow
06-23-2007, 05:53 PM
yes, i would get an AP and not have the hopper too. although i guess i would have to get a 1 day to get the free dining for the Pop part of my trip.
the AP discount looks pretty good for Poly or Boardwalk. close to what im paying for WL and i would b close to Epcot (my fav) at Boardwalk.
and i could also get a DDE card, which would help w the days i wont have free dining, and its good on alcohol at the meals which is a plus.
i would only get AP to use again within a yr of course.
the downside is AP rates arent guaranteed for the future and may not b on WL since it seems booked more.
still thinking

Flower
06-25-2007, 09:01 AM
We have an AP and for us, booking free dining was not worth it, we opted for the AP rates. I have a DDE card and it has proven to be very valuable in the past! We have gotten the AP rate at WL in the past too! And on the plus side, you can plan a second trip within the year!!! (or more;))