PDA

View Full Version : Best Meal EVER in WDW

Guya103
06-21-2007, 09:14 PM
What is your favorite or best meal of all time in WDW? What made it so great?:mickey:

Joanna
06-21-2007, 09:42 PM
So many choices.....I think my favorite meal of all time at WDW would have to be Jiko at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in November of 2004. We celebrated our 25th Anniversary that year. We loved it so much that we cancelled another ADR and went back. That time I had quail with rice. Jiko became a "not to be missed" restaurant for us!:thumbsup:

Doug The Disney Man`
06-21-2007, 09:43 PM
2 years ago we took the AutoTrain to WDW and we had numerous delays with the locomotives not working, blah blah blah, long story short we were supposed to arrive in Sanford, FL at about 8 am, but didn't until after 1 PM! And then we had to wait for our car to be unloaded from the train! Well, we had a lunch res at Garden Grill for 1:15, so I called up WDW reservations and asked if there was any way they could move us to dinner, since it was an hour drive to Orlando (I made it in 35 mins, I drive fast when I'm mad!) plus we had to check in AND get to the park, etc. We got lucky and they pencilled us in for 6:00.

When we arrived we were seated almost immediately and had one of the best servers I've ever had at Disney, which is saying something. She was awesome, clueing us into the fact that our soft drinks didn't have to be just sodas, we could refill with slushies AND take them with us! Constantly refreshing drinks and food. The characters came around and were extra goofy (lowercase g! since it's Mick, Pluto, Chip and Dale-ha) with our son. I don't know if the res person sent a note through that we were having like the worst day ever or what, but this meal was really a make or break situation on our trip and it definitely made it.

It turned something that could've ruined the whole vacation into an occurrence that will remain on my personal WDW mental highlight reel forever!

Darbylew
06-21-2007, 09:54 PM
We really like Mama Melrose's MGM. For
counter service we like Flame Tree B-BQ in
AK. :thumbsup:

Crow
06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
sometimes ive had great meals, then gone back to the same place and it wasnt as good.
ive had good meals at Artist Pt and am going back in Sept
this recent trip had my best meal at Ca Grill. liked it so much that i booked an ADR for it again in Sept

glenpreece
06-21-2007, 10:41 PM
My best meal is Kona Café. I love the chicken wings there so much and the desserts are fantastic. DP or not I always go to Kona now.

CAS
06-21-2007, 11:00 PM
My obvious best is Victoria and Albert's for our anniversary! The lamb you could cut with a fork :cloud9:

Otherwise I'd have to say tonga toast and a Kona press pot for breakfast at the Kona Cafe'.

Unbeatable!

Clotho
06-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Hoop De Doo Revue.
Not only was the food surprisingly good for just chicken n' ribs en masse, but the show was fantastic!! Most memorable and fun dinner!

For taste, we loved Teppenyaki. Have had teppenyaki meals before, and they were yummy, but this was the best by far. SO GOOD! It also set me down a path of sushi-lovin' that hasn't stopped since!

WinnieThePooh
06-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Even with the menu changes I would have to say..... Ohana's :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

Counting down days till our trip in September.:D

Narawen
06-22-2007, 12:53 AM
So far, Hollywood Brown Derby. We got the FDP, although i didnt like the appetizer salad (ugh, arugula), the entree (salmon with creamy polenta and balsmic glaze) and dessert (grapefruit cake) were excellent!

kaerbear178
06-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Le Cellier was my favorite meal when I went for the first time with my fiance. We got the enclosed booth in the very back so it was really private. Our waitress was great and so was our food!

Queen Stephanie
06-22-2007, 01:54 AM
I must agree with Winne The Pooh...there is no place like O'Hana. It is the best!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
06-22-2007, 02:38 AM
My best meal ever at WDW was at CG. I was at the Contemporary on business and was working 14-16 hours days at a conference. The night before the conference was to begin, a colleague and I had dinner at CG and it was amazing! The lights dimmed and we were able to see the fireworks. It was an exhausting trip and this was the closest I was able to get to the "magic" (besides an early morning jaunt to the MK gates from the North wing as part of my morning walk). The food and wine were awesome too (love those goat cheese ravioli). Even though my colleague isn't a Disney dork like I am, even he enjoyed the dinner very much.

RAIDER
06-22-2007, 03:52 AM
Its a split with the Royal Feast at Marrakesh and the overall meal i ordered at Le Cellier ....
:cloud9::cloud9:

IC10
06-22-2007, 05:40 AM
My son and I loved Spoodles! That is the one we can't wait to go back for but the one place we ate at twice last time was Flame Tree BarBQue even made a special trip for it. :)

Flower
06-22-2007, 07:38 AM
Le Cellier - their steak is always fantastic! :eat:

SBETigg
06-22-2007, 08:12 AM
It was actually at Chefs de France during our honeymoon. We were seated next to a lovely couple (Guy and Louis) and we had a fantastic waiter (Pierre). Guy, Louis, and Pierre had us in stitches all night, and to think we were disappointed at first when we didn't get an intimate booth to ourselves.

The menu was much different then, with an emphasis on fresh local ingredients so the menu changed frequently. I had escargot (not the way they serve it now) and grilled shrimp. We had a wonderful wine. And the amazing crepes with hot chocolate and vanilla ice cream for dessert. The service was more than attentive. We were made to feel special, welcome, and very at home. It was everything a special meal should be, and mostly due to the outstanding service. We still love Chefs, though it has changed a lot and our last meal there was very disappointing.

Dedivah
06-22-2007, 08:42 AM
My best meal ever at WDW was at Wolf Gang Puck! The wine they served me there has become my favorite and I always have to have some on hand.

disneycouple2004
06-22-2007, 08:48 AM
:ditto: more shrimp cousin ??..gotta love it :thumbsup:

Even with the menu changes I would have to say..... Ohana's :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.

Counting down days till our trip in September.:D

TBY2225
06-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Best meal hands down for me is the Macadamia nut crusted mahi-mahi at the Kona Cafe! It was so good! I can't wait to go back in September to get it again. I also enjoyed the pot stickers, sticky wings, and desserts! Kona is my favorite WDW resturant, so far!

LauraF
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
The best time I ever had at a Disney restaurant was at Chefs de France several years ago. I had just graduated college and finished a series of classes in French Literature (long story) and my mother thought it would be amusing to have me order for the entire family in the language. Well, our waiter wasn't much older than me at the time and he was an outrageous flirt. He thought it was the cutest thing ever that I was ordering in French. He kept coming over and refilling my glass, bringing me extra crudites/charcuteries, and generally chatting me up. The other female CMs would wink at me or giggle when he was headed my way, which was highly amusing to my family. When I got up to refresh myself, he was waiting for me when I returned and made a big show of pulling out my chair and putting the napkin on my lap. Oh, and the food was excellent too. Ahh, that was fun. :D

Vinny
06-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Put me down as another vote for Ohana for dinner. As of our last trip, it is my new favorite restaurant experience. Although, the Hollywood Brown Derby is a very close second.

dyin tago
06-22-2007, 10:48 AM
narcoossees,kona cafe`,mama melrose,le` cellier,oops that`s more than one!:cloud9::eat:

JPL
06-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Fulton's Crabhouse back in 1998 we were on the original dining plan and ran the gauntlet of eating at Fulton's. We started out with some great appetizers Crab legs, shrimp, clams on the half shell and a few other tasty treats. Then moved on to soup the Lobster Bisque was awesome. For the main course had surf and turf and a big piece of cheese cake for dessert. Almost 10 years later and I can remember this meal like it was yesterday. The service was top notch and very relaxing :thumbsup:Good thing we were on the dining plan at the time since the bill for 4 people was up there :blush:

tink2006
06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
I would have to say Brown Derby. The food has always been wonderful :D :thumbsup: It has been a couple of years since we have eaten there. We will be going back in August and have ADR's for the Brown Derby Fantasmic Evening....Can't wait! :mickey:

Bruegge
06-22-2007, 11:03 AM
I've only been a few times but... in 2002 and 2003 Califonia Grill was best... sushi, steak and wines were (and still are fabulous)

In 2007 Narcoosees I think just edged out CG on service and food... Just barely....

What I'm saying is... if you throw out the view and fireworks...It's Narcoosees....

Both dinners (both years) were dependent on ... the dependents.. so to speak... the story reamains the same... If the kids arn't happy... no one's happy.

THAT may be the difference... kids slept thru more than half the meal at narcoosees.

Scott

biodtl
06-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Narcoosee's on our honeymoon. The menu has changed a bit in 13 years, but I still remember that everything was delicious, from the smoked alligator pate, to the seafood bisque to the fantastic entrees and desserets. And out waiter was a Pgh transplant, so we had some great conversation with him, too.

Boma is always good for me, too.

ldn324
06-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Oohh, I love these posts! Reminds me of all the wonderful times at WDW and I can enjoy others' stories also :thumbsup:.

My best WDW meal ever has to be my anniversary meal in October 1999 at Victoria & Albert's. DH actually made it a surprise by having my MIL (she always travels with us - don't worry, she's an awesome MIL!) pack his suit and a nicer dress for me. We were staying a couple of nights at GF (another anniversary treat) and when we got there and unpacked, DH started to hang up our "special clothes" - that's when I found out we were going.

We've been fortunate enough to visit V & A several more times, but that first time will always be the the most magical. The food and service was just out of this world. I can still remember the taste of Chillean sea bass and vanilla bean creme brulee :cloud9:. That was the first time I had the Chillean sea bass. What a wonderful memory of our first anniversary - WDW AND Chef Scott - could it get any better? :mickey:

branvy
06-22-2007, 11:53 AM
Le Cellier :thumbsup: I still remember our waitresses name! Despite it being a very crazy night, and the difficult, demanding and rude family she was serving next to us, she was amazing, friendly but unobtrustive. On the ball with everything and very professional.

And the food! OHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! Mushroom Filet is scrumptious.

Dznygrl79
06-22-2007, 12:02 PM
My Dh and I are huge Tusker House fans, I am so said its going to change. He loves the chicken and I think the turkey wrap with chowder is the best. So with that changing I would have to say Liberty Tree Tavern. I love the dinner with Goofy and Minnie dressed in Colonial garb. In the past we have also had them make a fuss over the fact we are from the first state.:eat:

DawsonAR
06-22-2007, 12:09 PM
The Buffalo at Artist Pt. :thumbsup:

meldan98
06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
In 2000 we went on the Grand Plan for our honeymoon and absolutely loved most of our meals. The dining plan was very different then. We had an amazing Xmas dinner at V&A. Another one of our favorites was Fulton's Crab House. Once we told our waiter that we were on the grand plan, he was sure to point out the most expensive meals on the menu as suggestions. Lobster and Prime Rib, Lobster and Filet, etc. All I wanted was a really big lobster. I just love lobster and I don't like red meat. So, I asked the waiter, can I just have a really big lobster. He looked at me a little funny and I told him I don't like steak, and he laughed and said he would see what he could do.

Well, have you ever seen a lobster so big that it fit on a turkey platter from claws to tail. The monster had to have been a least five pounds. My husband and I looked down at the beast, slack jawed. I looked up at the waiter who was smiling, who then asked if I would like him to shell it for me. Of course, or else I would have been there all night. Talk about YUMMY!!!!

lightyearfan
06-22-2007, 12:51 PM
on our recent trip we finally ate at Ohana's for the very first time, and let me say that this was the best dining experince that me and dw have ever had!! the food was sooooo good and the service was even better, and guess what else ... we were on the ddp and the food nor the service lacked in any way, but thats a topic for a different discussion, but any how Ohana's is top notch and we'll already planning to start and finish our next trip next year with them

Victor

Marker
06-22-2007, 01:43 PM
There are a lot of places we have yet to try. And we typically don't repeat because we like try different places....

However, one place we have repeated multiple times, and gladly so, is Le Cellier. Their Mushroom Filet has never been anything but excellent.

LibertyTreeGal
06-22-2007, 01:58 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch last Feb. Their beer-battered mozarella sticks are the best, the Colony Salad incredible, and all of their desserts are the best on property (with the notable exception of the banana-fried tortilla thingie at WCC). Their griddled pound cake with pecans... ooooh, and their real berry shortcake.... aaah!

Disdad13
06-22-2007, 02:02 PM
Another :thumbsup::thumbsup: for 'Ohana! We went there for the first time last year, and it was the first ADR we made sure to get for this trip. I have never had such a hard time pacing myself at a restaurant. Each thing they brought out was better than the previous thing. From the salad and won tons to the shrimp and Maui potatoes, and all of that delicious meat! And then to top it all off with that yummy bread pudding - I thought my DW and DS were going to have to roll me out of there when we were done! I love, love, love 'Ohana!

Disney Doll
06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Another vote for Ohana. We went there for our first time this year and it did not disappoint. We won't miss it from now on.
Great food!
Great Atmosphere!
Great Service!

Our dinner was a little more special to me because of all the Ohana = family thing. I went with my DH, my mom, and my dad. Mom had just finished chemo treatments for breast cancer and I had just found out I was pregnant although I hadn't broken the news yet. It was a great meal with great company. It really made me appreciate my family.

Natazu
06-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Baam! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=87936)

Tinkermom
06-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Baam! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=87936)

Since my vote is the same as Jym's I will let his tantalizing review speak for me as well.:D

mook3y
06-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Based on food alone...

Narcoossee's. :eat:

Best experience was at LTT last year when our kids were DD2 and DS4. Our DD adhored Chip and Dale. Dale kept coming up to her and made a squeeking sound. She would just giggle like crazy! :D

Was a great meal and lots a fun and memories!

Polynesian Dweller
06-22-2007, 10:12 PM
This is one of those hard questions to answer, there are so many good restaurants and experiences at WDW. We have had tremendous meals (service and food) at Le Cellier, California Grill, Narcoosees among others but if I have to choose one it would be Le Cellier. The chefs at Le Cellier mix flavours so skillfully that its almost untouched for taste and consistent quality across trips. :number1:

DestinationWDW
06-22-2007, 10:48 PM
First dinner at Cali Grill - had a window seat, fireworks and ate the pumpkin lasagne - YUM! Dessert was that warm chocolate cake....simply :cloud9: Close runner up was first dinner at LeCellier....looking forward to 2nd experience there very soon, cheese soup, pretzel bread, melt in your mouth steak and creme brulee;).....:mickey:

JCDarzi
06-22-2007, 11:22 PM
This is a toughie...I think my favorite meal so far has to be at Coral Reef. I'm not a big seafood eater but the chicken I order was the best I've ever eaten. My DD3 and DS1 behaved since we were seated in the front on the aquarium. It's very seldom that we have a peacful meal that doesn't include a Happy Meal.

Le Cellier was a close second. Food was delicious but not as entertaining for kids.

moe513
06-23-2007, 01:50 PM
O hanas in 2004 before they changed the menu. Wolfgang pucks in 2006 was great but the server disappeared. I also like 1900 park fair. Ive havent been to many of the 2 ts places. We didnt like Brown Derby.

jillluvsdisney
06-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Best meals....

My parents went to Tony's in the MK for lunch. My mother ordered desert but my dad didn't. He said he just have a bit of hers. So they brought her cake out on a large plate with "just a bite" off to the side. The 2 pieces were connected with a string of chocalate. TOO CUTE. We ate at Tony's last year and we had a great time.

Went to 50's Prime Time cafe last year. Uncle Tim was the best. We had a great time there also.

Every meal at Kona is always great.

I also have to give a shout out to Roger at Cape May Buffet. He was our waiter in 2004. We ate there on Thankgiving. We had such a great time, we went back in 2006. We asked for Roger but did not get his section. My sister asked him he would come say hi to our dad...and he was so touched we remembered him.

tarjaybuff
06-24-2007, 12:23 AM
Our most favorite meal is at the Garden Grill in EPCOT. The food is always delicous nad the atmosphere fun. Perfect every time.:thumbsup:

Tink#64
06-24-2007, 10:51 AM
We had lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table a few years ago & it was magical! The atmoshere, the food, the CM's - it was so cool! Captain Hook was chasing Peter Pan around outside (on a balcony around the restaurant!), we all thought it was an amazing and memorable meal experience!:mickey:

PiratePaul
06-24-2007, 12:23 PM
I think the whole expericence dining at disney is fab, but if I were to pick one it would be Ohana:mickey::number1::thumbsup::blush:

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Kona Cafe is consistently the best in food and service for us, both dinner and breakfast, that we go every visit! :mickey: Don't think we've repeated any other places else yet...

ghost of christmas past
06-24-2007, 11:35 PM
It's been a few years :( since we have visited Disney, but we loved Ohana's and Le Cellier for the food and Chef Mickey's for the fun time and an above standard buffet. Yum. We were never disappointed with any of them.

trennedy
06-27-2007, 08:53 AM
My absolute favorite is sitting on the patio of Rose & Crown, eatting fish & chips, drinking a yard of beer:beer: and watching the fireworks!! Life doesn't get much better than that!!!!:number1:

grumpycajun
06-27-2007, 06:00 PM
My Filet Mignon last year at Yachtsman's Steakhouse. It was a beautiful center cut piece cooked a perfect medium rare. The sauce was right on. It complimented the steak wonderfully. The wine I had with it was outstanding. The dessert sampler with a glass of good port was a perfect ending. Our waiter, "Little John" was the great.

Wow!! I just realized that right around this time a week from today we will be arriving at WL for our 6:30 ADR at Artist Point!:cloud9:
4 more days!!!

Disney_or_bust
06-28-2007, 05:25 PM
My favorite meal was the pineapple grilled salmon at the Mayan Grill in CS resort

EvilQueen2006
06-28-2007, 06:24 PM
My favorite meal ever was at Marrakesh. I love the chicken bastilla and jasmina salad appetizers, and the chicken couscous was delicious. The music and dancing was wonderful and made for a perfect atmosphere. I did not care for the desserts here. If only they would bring Kona Cafe's Kilheua Torte to this restaurant it would be perfect!

Kairi_7378
06-29-2007, 08:32 AM
CA Grill was the best meal on our trip. It has become a "must do" for future trips. Brown Derby was also a great meal. Tangerine Cafe and Flame Tree were the surprise CS hits of our trip.

Big_Pete's_Auto_Sales
06-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Me and my family ate at 50's Prime Time Dinner. I Had as delicious chicken pot pie. The waiters were realy into the theme. There were actual old tvs that played reruns of old shows like The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy.
A kid that sat near us would not eat his green beans so our waiter (uncle tom) went around the corner and yelled, "MMMAAAA".
he came back with the green beans covered in whipped cream. That realy topped of our meal.:thumbsup: