PDA

View Full Version : New road to Disney??

pluto40823
06-21-2007, 06:57 PM
We will be driving down the next trip. I heard there is a new roadway to Disney that is quick. Does anyone know where to pick up this new road or what its called. We are coming down 95 from PA and any shortcuts would be great.

Emily
06-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I wonder if it's the Western Way? I didn't know anything about this but just saw it mentioned in Gary's (dpamac) trip report. Looks like that's a much better route to take. Here is an older thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=68394) with more info, but maybe someone else with more recent experience can comment.

I can't believe I didn't know about this! I'm so out of it sometimes! :crazy:

KODABEAR
06-22-2007, 08:14 AM
We always travel Western Way now. It takes almost 30 minutes off our time. We get on at Apopka from the Fl. Turnpike. :car:The WDW turnoff takes you right to Coronado Springs! We drove it last 3 weeks ago and still very little traffic. :minnie:

big blue and hairy
06-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Nope, that's not the road. I-95 comes in from the east. The road you're looking for is 417, part of the Florida Turnpike system. You pick it up in Sanford, and it drops you off right on Osceola Parkway. You skip all the crazy Otrlando traffic. It is a toll road and it costs around $5. It's totally worth it.

:sulley:

pluto40823
06-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Thank you everyone. Now the next question is would you pick up 417 off of I4 in Sanford? Mapquest does not seem to add 417 in there directions. Is it 417 South. It looks like it goes East first then West. Any help?? Thanks.

big blue and hairy
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
You just take the 417 exit off I-4. You don't have a choice which way to go, that's the beginning of it.

:sulley:

DestinationWDW
06-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks big, blue and hairy - don't worry emily, I'm in Atlanta too and didn't know either! :blush:

TiggerRPh
06-23-2007, 02:43 AM
I wonder if it's the Western Way? I didn't know anything about this but just saw it mentioned in Gary's (dpamac) trip report. Looks like that's a much better route to take. Here is an older thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=68394) with more info, but maybe someone else with more recent experience can comment.

I can't believe I didn't know about this! I'm so out of it sometimes! :crazy:

If you're taking the Florida Turnpike to I-4...it's much better and less hectic than going I-4. You'll come out by Coronado Springs.

Piglet822
06-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Thank you everyone. Now the next question is would you pick up 417 off of I4 in Sanford? Mapquest does not seem to add 417 in there directions. Is it 417 South. It looks like it goes East first then West. Any help?? Thanks.

It is 417 South and it does run in a more east/west direction than north and south but that's what they designated it as :shrug:

There are two exits for WDW when coming this way. If you are staying at Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs, or any of the All Star resorts you're best off using Exit 3. Any other resort you'll use Exit 6.

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-23-2007, 02:10 PM
It is 417 South and it does run in a more east/west direction than north and south but that's what they designated it as :shrug:

There are two exits for WDW when coming this way. If you are staying at Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Coronado Springs, or any of the All Star resorts you're best off using Exit 3. Any other resort you'll use Exit 6.

But.......if you're taking I-95 to WDW you'd have to either jump on I-4 @ Daytona Beach to pick up the 417 @ Sanford or come on down I-95 to the Beachline which is a toll road to OIA & you can pick up the 417 (which they used to call the Greenway) from there. That's what I do because we live on the coast just below DB - quickest way for me is I95 down to the beachline to 417 & just stay on it til we hit WDW!!!

Also if you ever want to know traffic tie ups, etc on the roads dial 511 from your cell phone. :thumbsup::mickey:

=========
Elynn
Next up - Anniversary celebration @ WDW in September - Pop Century here we come....:cloud9:

pluto40823
06-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks everyone. Now all we have to do is wait a year + to get there:(. Planning is half the fun right:mickey: