PDA

View Full Version : Here's My Itinerary

MrPeetrie
06-21-2007, 06:44 PM
I just finished making my ADRs for my October trip. This is one of the most exciting parts of any Disney Vacation. Please, take a look at my schedule and let me know if you see any problems. I will be traveling with DW and DD4.

Arrival Day:
we have early flight times and have a rental car in the Emerald Isle at National Car Rental waiting. After check-in, head over to Epcot for 2:00 p.m. ADRs at the Coral Reef. (I can't wait for my daughter, Sophia, to see that aquarium!) For the rest of the day, we will play it as we go. They may be too tired for Illuminations.

Day One:
Animal Kingdom. Since it's an EMH (evening), I don't plan on waking them up TOO early. No ADRs (Yet). Waiting on Yak & Yeti. Just looking to see Nemo Show, Kilimanjaro Safari, and using FPs for E:E. (One at a time, of course).

Day Two:
Disney Studios. We have 9:10 ADRs for Play & Dine and 2:00 p.m. ADRs for Sci-Fi. We're hoping to see Beauty & Beast show, LMA, Muppets, TGMR, Indiana Jones and maybe Playhouse Disney. Not a late night here.

Day Three:
Magic Kingdom. We want to take advantage of Magical Beginnings Little Ones Magic Hour at Fantasyland. We plan to arrive at 8:00 a.m. (That's why no Fantasmic on Day two.) 10:05 ADRs for Chrystal Palace and then 2:00 Bippity Boppity Boutique reservations. We plan to fit POTC, TIKI, Jungle Cruise, HM and nosh in between. After BBB, maybe hit Monster's Inc. Laugh Club afterwards. We'll take a boat ride over to Fort Wilderness for 5:00 Hoop De Doo reservations. After that, we want to go to the campfire for songs and a movie. (That's a long day for a four-year-old!)

Day Four:
Rest and Relaxation. We will wake up whenever and go wherever DD4 wants to go. No stress. No plans.

Day Five:
We have ADRs at Goofy's Beach Bash (Cape May Cafe) at 10:00 a.m. We may spend some time in either Epcot or Disney Studios. We have 5:40 p.m. ADRs at Ohana's and tickets to MNSSHP. This should be a great day!

Day Six:
Either Downtown Disney, water park, or pool morning. We'll probably find our way over to Disney Studios to catch Fantasmic this evening.

Day Seven:
Breakfast at Chef Mickey's followed by a monorail ride to the Magic Kingdom. We'll spend most of the day here, but per tradition, finish up at Epcot.

That's it! (Ahhhhh! Vacation's over already!) Please, tell me what you think.

wdw_bound
06-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Looks like you'll have a blast! Is there only one Magical Beginnings during your trip? We went twice last year and ti was wonderful. The character interaction was like nothing I've ever seen. At one point, Tigger, Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore were playing hide and seek in the Thotful Spot with my two kids and just a few others. That was also the morning DD rode the teacups with the Mad Hatter and Alice as Minnie and Daisy were playing catch with my 2yo.

If there is more than one MB session, it is definitely worth going.

glenpreece
06-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Isn't planning half the fun!!!! My only note is that can you really do 2 sit downs meals in one day? H&V and SciFi I did it years ago and was nearly sick. Otherwise looks like a good plan. I am still trying to get ours figured out.

crazypoohbear
06-22-2007, 01:36 AM
Looks good to me.
You could aways do DTD then the water park or pool to cool off after shopping all morning. The pool could cool off the money that burned a hole in the pocket:blush:

ibrowse17
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Looks very good, have a great time:thumbsup:

January-2007
06-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I hope you have an amazing trip!

MrPeetrie
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Isn't planning half the fun!!!! My only note is that can you really do 2 sit downs meals in one day? H&V and SciFi I did it years ago and was nearly sick.

First off, thank you all for your input. And glenpreece, I agree with you. I think I will move the morning ADR for Play & Dine at Hollywood & Vine to another day.

(Yes, planning IS half the fun!!!)

tinksmom02
06-23-2007, 10:55 PM
I think your plans sound great!

You could move H&V to another day, or just do light snacks at Sci-Fi, shakes and munchies. I've heard that's what they do best, anyway.

But I think you've got a great schedule going, lots to do, with lots of rest in between!

realtreebar
06-24-2007, 11:00 AM
sounds great have a super trip!!

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Looks great, but no SpectroMagic or Wishes? Did I miss this?

MrPeetrie
06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Looks great, but no SpectroMagic or Wishes? Did I miss this?

Believe it or not, my DD4 is petrified of fireworks. No Illuminations! (What a crime!!!) No Wishes! (I've still never seen it!!!) I haven't checked yet to see if there's a Spectromagic parade during our trip. If so, we'll have to schedule it in.

mickey-mouse35
06-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Believe it or not, my DD4 is petrified of fireworks. No Illuminations! (What a crime!!!) No Wishes! (I've still never seen it!!!) I haven't checked yet to see if there's a Spectromagic parade during our trip. If so, we'll have to schedule it in.

I do understand. My 4-yr niece also doesn't like fireworks, so they skipped that, but she LOVED SpectroMagic. It should be showing a couple of nights when you're there--I think it's Thursday and Saturday night in late Oct/early Nov when we're going. Check InfoCentral for schedule, and definitely try to catch the parade. My 4 yr-old niece also loved the Cars parade at MGM!

Have fun! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
06-24-2007, 08:35 PM
You have a great trip planned there! Your daughter is going to love the aquarium in Epcot- it is beautiful! Enjoy your magical vacation!:mickey:

nicole48040
06-24-2007, 08:51 PM
My only suggestion is that you move your Crystal palace breakfast to before the park opens. That way you can get great pics in front of the castle just you and yours. I also think the kids really enjoy that "special treatment" feeling that comes with walking in without the rest of the crowd.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Try not to miss Festival Of The Lion King in AK. My kids love it. My DD was 3 last trip and she still talks about the "silly monkeys at Simba's show". :) It has great audience interaction. We try and see it at least 2-3 times when we go each year.

momof3boysinTN
06-24-2007, 11:56 PM
:magic:

Here is what we did last year. Our DS 3 was scared of fireworks, we knew it was the sound he disliked from the year before so we purchased the inexpensive earplugs and he used them during fireworks and was able to enjoy the shows and so were all of the rest of us!! We had planned this before our trip and talked about it and even wore earplugs some so that he was use to them!! Have a GREAT :magic:trip!!!

MrPeetrie
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
:magic:

Here is what we did last year. Our DS 3 was scared of fireworks, we knew it was the sound he disliked from the year before so we purchased the inexpensive earplugs and he used them during fireworks and was able to enjoy the shows and so were all of the rest of us!!

Thanks for the idea. It IS the sound that scares her. We may try that.

spoiledraf
06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
MNSSHP also has fireworks at 10 pm I believe. I see you plan on attending on day five. I thought they were actually better than Wishes last year, but both are wonderful. We watched Wishes from the waterside walkway at Narcoosees last year. It puts a little distance between you and the loud noise and takes little away from the show.

krose78
06-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I would try earplugs my son was also scared of the sound and ear plugs worked great. He loves the sight just not the sound. We are bringing ear plugs this year but he has learned how to get over the sound on his own.