PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa Reward Dollars

Harkleroad
06-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Hi! First post here of what will probably be many. I am planning a trip in Dec.and will have earned about $1000 Visa reward dollars by the time we are ready to leave. I recently called to book our trip and was told that I could not use the dollars for vacation packages, rooms, or tickets. This is completely opposite of what everything Visa says. My question is has anyone paid for their trip using the dollars? Thanks.

HallandNash
06-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Oh NO! I hope this isn't true. We've been trying to build up some points to pay for our next trip (whenever that might be).

massachusetts
06-21-2007, 02:00 PM
I just went to the Visa site and it says "Redeem them for most everything Disney — from DVDs and toys to theme park tickets and hotel stays at the Disneyland® Resort and Walt Disney World® Resort. " I think the person that you talked to was confused.

DawsonAR
06-21-2007, 02:14 PM
I have used them more than once to pay for the room. The last time was October 2006. I would call back and ask again. I hope they haven't changed the rules. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks

Lizzie
06-21-2007, 02:17 PM
Do reward dollars expire? If yes how long do they last? We just got our card and I am excited to build up some reward dollars.

mousaholic
06-21-2007, 02:21 PM
I just used my reward points to pay for my room at WDW for next year...I used them over the phone with the reservations office without any problem. You should call, it should be no problem at all.

robhink
06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Do reward dollars expire? If yes how long do they last? We just got our card and I am excited to build up some reward dollars.

The Dollars on your Visa card expire 5 years from the date they were earned, the date on the Rewards card will vary, usually the end of the following year. I just transfered 100 reward dollars to a rewards card which expires at the end of next year, dec 2008.

wdwjenn
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I hope this is not true!! I have a trip planned for October through Magical Journeys and back in April when I booked Debbie told me I could use my more than 1000 points when the balance is due in September :confused:.
Please someone clarify this for us!! I may try to e mail Debbie in the mean time just to be sure :mickey:

Lizzie
06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Okay I am excited. After our trip in September we won't be going for a while. So I have some time to make some dollars and pay for a future trip. So fun!

mickeys_princess_mom
06-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Welcome aboard, Harkleroad!:wave: You've brought up a subject I've been meaning to look into.....Am thinking about getting the Visa Rewardcard, and using it to build up points for next time. How's it working for you guys?

WED1901
06-21-2007, 04:54 PM
We have used them in the past for MNSSHP and Water Parks Tickets without any problem.:mickey:

Harkleroad
06-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks everyone. I did call back and spoke with someone else. She said yes I could use my dollars with no problem. So I booked our trip, paid the deposit with my visa, and will pay the remainder with my dollars later since I still have time to earn more before the remainder is due. Thanks again.

princessgirls
06-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Glad it all worked out.

Julie:mickey:

DawsonAR
06-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Glad to hear it worked out. I'm planning on using mine again soon and was hoping things haven't changed. Thanks for the update.

Marilyn Michetti
06-21-2007, 08:30 PM
I can't add anything to what the nice people above me said - yep, the first CM told you wrong.

All I can add is WELCOME TO INTERCOT:thumbsup:

wdwfan
06-21-2007, 10:42 PM
I've used mine to pay for room, tours, meals, anything in DisneyWorld. The card does have a limit of 750.00 per year that you can earn, so if you max out over several yrs. you could have quite a bit on your card.

crazypoohbear
06-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Glad it all worked out.
You gave several people heart failure here for a moment;)

jaff87
06-22-2007, 12:14 PM
What if you use AAA to plan your trip - can you still use your Disney Dollars to pay? Does anyone know how that would work exactly?

Beast_fanatic
06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
What if you use AAA to plan your trip - can you still use your Disney Dollars to pay? Does anyone know how that would work exactly?

You should be able to. You would give your rewards card number to the AAA travel agent, and that person would have to apply the amount to your reservation.

Mrs Grumpy
06-23-2007, 09:22 AM
On our last trip I charged everything back to the room and then went and paid off the balance with my reward card. Worked great!

cvzdesign
06-25-2007, 09:55 AM
One more thing we did this last trip, that you may not know about.

We had about $100 on our Disney Visa Rewards card. When checking in, I asked the desk about it, and they will let you put it on your room charge as a credit, so it will be spent first before they start putting them on your credit card.

That way we didn't need to carry any extra cards around the park with us, or worry about whether one place wouldn't take it or not in the parks.

DawsonAR
06-25-2007, 09:58 AM
That is a great idea. I'm going to put mine on the room as a credit this time too. I had to carry around the rewards car and the room key. Thanks!:D

chrisie703
06-25-2007, 03:27 PM
Is there a rewards card that gives back more than 1%? That's all I get with chase. With my citicard I can get up to 5% in some stores, but they don't have a Disney card that I know of.

faline
06-25-2007, 07:04 PM
The only Disney card that I know about is the Chase card. I don't think you'll be able to find any other Disney card.

larrybob
07-26-2007, 07:42 AM
What are the options for getting a rewards card other than calling and having one mailed to you? I called and talked to someone a few days ago, and they told me that another option is to go to guest relations at WDW, and ask for a card. Then when you get it, call them back and tell them how much to transfer to the card. Then it's ready to be used. Does anyone know of any other place to pick up the card other than these two options? At a Disney Store maybe????

vamaggie
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
Unless they have changed things (and it doesn't seem like they would since Disney store is not owned by Disney anymore I think) the only places you can get the rewards card is by mail from Chase or at WDW. If getting it by mail, I would allow at least 2 weeks to make sure it gets to you before you leave. Once you have the card you can call or go online to load it up.

BigRedDad
07-26-2007, 08:10 AM
There are two places at WDW that you can get the Rewards Card. I forgot where they are, but you can find it on Chase's website.

One thing I can say, is rewards do add up quickly if you use your card like a debit card. My DW and I have had the card for 3 months. We have 100 reward points already. As it is now, we should have an extra $800 or so for our trip for "free".

*Free means we are paying the balance of the card every month. I do not recommend anyone to carry credit card debt. It is the absolute worse debt anyone could have, except for a loan shark.

mttafire
07-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Glad it all worked out.

Julie:mickey:
Yep, Glad you got it worked out, We currently have around 400.00 built up for our next trip in the spring of 2010. In the past we have used our rewards for rooms tickets and meals.:mickey:

E-Ticket4
07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
I was checking my reservation on the Disney website the other day. There is an option for you in the payment page to use your rewards card to pay off/partially pay off your reservation.
Course - Disney's website is possibly the slowest site on the internet....but that's another story.

Mrs Grumpy
07-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Yep, Glad you got it worked out, We currently have around 400.00 built up for our next trip in the spring of 2010. In the past we have used our rewards for rooms tickets and meals.:mickey:

Finally, someone else who has a long countdown until their next trip like I do. We are not going back until September 2010. I was starting to think I was the only one that had to wait.

The way we are going we should have between $700.00 - $900.00 reward dollars to spend on our next trip :thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
07-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Welcome aboard, Harkleroad!:wave: You've brought up a subject I've been meaning to look into.....Am thinking about getting the Visa Rewardcard, and using it to build up points for next time. How's it working for you guys?
I love my card! I mainly use my reward points to purchase souv.'s. I never have enough time to build up my points to pay for much of my trip. :mickey: I also like having 6 months interest free to payoff upcoming trips. That in itself is benefit enough for me!

Mommy2boys
07-26-2007, 11:37 PM
I think I should look into getting one of these visas.

mttafire
07-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Finally, someone else who has a long countdown until their next trip like I do. We are not going back until September 2010. I was starting to think I was the only one that had to wait.

The way we are going we should have between $700.00 - $900.00 reward dollars to spend on our next trip :thumbsup:
We wanted to go back sooner BUT our ds is 2 and my wife is 8 months pregnant.."girl". If we wait untill 2010 then Alec will be almost 5 and "??"will be 2.5 We wanted to wait untill the "newborn" wasnt so newborn anymore..:blush: