PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Keepers

Rosanne
06-21-2007, 12:10 PM
I came across this book in Target the other day- Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark. by Ridley Pearson. It was a young adult book, but the Disney nerd that I am picked it up anyway.

Let me tell you- I REALLY enjoyed it! It's about teenagers that get picked to be Disney Host Interactives (DHIs) that are made out of holograms and give tours of the MK. A while later, the kids are transported to the park while they sleep and are chosen for an adventure (I don't want to give too much away). AND it's really accurate Disney-wise! Some of these writers have stories that revolve around Disney and you can tell they have no idea what they are talking about. But that wasn't the case with Kingdom Keepers.

Everyone here probably knows about this book already (where have I been?!), but if you haven't read it yet, I suggest you do. It was a lot of fun! You can even get it hardcover from Barnes and Noble.com for around $4.
Enjoy!

cfoshe
06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
thanks, I have two kids that might want to read this, as well as myself:secret:.

GAN
06-21-2007, 01:18 PM
My 12yo daughter loved it.

mrp4352
06-21-2007, 01:42 PM
I enjoyed it! You'll never ride Small World the same way again after reading it!

BTW - the sequal is due out this fall!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-21-2007, 01:43 PM
This sounds interesting...DD will like it, and probably me too! :mickey:

Diznee4Me
06-21-2007, 01:57 PM
The DD and I both read it a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I'll have to watch for the sequal - thanks for the heads up!

Ian
06-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I read it on the recommendation of two of our "Disney World Friends" and was pleasantly surprised!

I thought the writing and plot development was a bit hackish and amateurish, but the story was fun and it kept me engaged.

I actually plan on reading this to DD as her first "grown up" bedtime story. One where I read her a chapter or so every night before bed. Kind of like an old-fashioned serial.

I think she'll love it!

Rosanne
06-21-2007, 03:44 PM
I enjoyed it! You'll never ride Small World the same way again after reading it!

BTW - the sequal is due out this fall!

Yay! I didn't know about a sequal! :thumbsup:

As for IASW--I totally agree. I found the animated dolls scary before the book too!:scared:

Ian, I also thought the book was a little amateurish but I guess that's why it's YA. It kept me amused though!

glenpreece
06-21-2007, 10:57 PM
According to the Author's Wild Ride blog the KK2 will not be out till next summer but there is a brief description of it there. It sounds pretty cool it involves AK.

LandFan
06-25-2007, 12:09 PM
That was a really cool book! IASW did take on a different look to me last September :D

Speedy1998
06-25-2007, 12:58 PM
I have noticed it a few times at the gift shops in WDW. But I have never read it.

MGKpotc8283
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
I picked this book up last summer at Downtown Disney and really enjoyed it. I'm glad this post was created because I've been wondering about a whether a sequel would be written.

WonderlandsMostWanted
06-25-2007, 06:03 PM
I just found it and read it a few weeks ago. It's a pretty quick read, and it's a lot of fun. I've been to WDW about 4 times, the last one being a good 4 years ago, and I still felt like I could see exactly what was happening through the whole book! The author definately did his homework about the parks, and I can't wait to see how this works in the AK!

DisneyFreak23
06-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! IT IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OF ALL TIME!!! I reccommend thi sbook to anyone who is obsessed with disney (aka all intercotees). I got this book for Christmas 1 year ago and I LOVE THIS BOOK! I didn't know there was gonna be a sequel! now you got me all excited!YAY KINGDOM KEEPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:cloud9::cloud9: :mickey3: :mickey3::clappy: