PDA

View Full Version : JPL's June stop at the World Day 4 Part 1

JPL
06-21-2007, 10:58 AM
Day 4 June 17th
Part 1 Studios

Got up to arrive at the Studios for park opening and we had some time so grabbed coffee at hotel and headed out. We decided to drive over since we were planning for a marathon day. We arrived there about 15 minutes before opening greeted by 4 Stormtroopers on the top of the entrance. I thought the Stromtroopers were a cool touch but I have seen picture with a lot more than 4 in the past. We headed onto Hollywood Blvd and tried to position ourselves to head for ToT and RNRC. We thought about trying FPs for autographs for Star Wars Weekends but saw the line and thought the better of it. We headed over to ride ToT and RNRC when the park opened we were going to get a FP fpr RNRC and ride Tower but RNRC was closed so we just walked onto tower. We came off ToT and asked the CMs standing by the closed gate leading to RNRC if it would open anytime soon. I was actually surprised by her answer that the ride has been down for days and they can't figure out what is wrong. They had no idea if it was going to open or not. So we headed over Starring Rolls to grad a quick breakfast and I was actully shocked how empty it was for first thing in the morning. Got some coffee and a bagel-like object (sorry being from the NYC area I find it difficult to call it a bagel) sat down ate and then headed to check out the stuff for Star Wars Weekend. I had seen some of it when I went to meet Lisa but my friend wanted to see it. We walked around watched some of Jedi Academy but it was already getting to hot to stand and watch the complete show and I'm guessing standing in the sun with a hot Latte isn't the best thing to do. He was a little disappointed that not many characters were out. My friend wanted to see the Star Wars Motorcade and we asked a few people and none of them knew what was going on. I will post more about this later in my final thoughts. We walked around the Studios not in the mood for shows the line for the GMR was insane at that point about 50 minute wait. WE walked over towards the animation area m aking a stop at Jabba's Hut to looks at the special merchandise. The we went into the Animation Store to look around. In I have stay this place went from a store I could spend hours in looking at all the art work to a clone of every other store that sells Disney art. We decided to see if there was any news on RNRC since at this point we were killing time before the parade. Still closed so we said let's try ToT but the line was insane with RNRC closed and the FP time was past the time we planned on staying. We looked at the time and headed to Hollywood Blvd for the parade. We got a good spot for the parade which really wasn't that impressive but still a fun parade. The best part of the parade was Jedi Mickey Leading the way with all the kids. We saw the stars drive by and the fans dressed up in costumes. We figured being in the Star Wars spirit after the parade Star Tours was in order. So we walked through to that area and the line was about 45 minutes and we both laughed and said guess not. I walked around to see how the progress was coming on Toy Story Mania. They are pretty far along in the construction but what I found strange was no sign or reference to Toy Story Mania. At this point it was getting rather warm and we realized not much more we want to do in the studios and headed over Sid's to see what he had. We browsed around for a while and it was about 12:30 and decided we were going to be at the MK until 2 AM and we were bored staying here so headed back to the Resort for Lunch and to relax. AS we were leaving I ran into Lisa she was working and getting ready to give a VIP tour and I asked about RNRC and a few things about Star Wars Weekends I didn't ask over dinner and we were off:thumbsup: Arrived at Pop around 1 and headed to the Foodcourt for lunch grabbed some chicken strips picked up, my packages from the gift shop and headed back to the room for a bit to get my thing together and relax. I packed some of the stuff I didn't need since we were leaving in the morning and getting back late from MK.

Coming up Next EMH at MK

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 11:14 AM
A hot, crowded and busy day for you! thanks for reporting!

Lizzie
06-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the report.

Beach Club Babe
06-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Sorry to hear MGM was so crowded and that RNRC was down!

Rosanne
06-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I hear ya about the so-called bagels.:sick:
What exactly are those supposed to be?:confused:
I mean they aren't horrible, but you can't exactly classify them as bagels!

By the way, I met that Bon Jovi cover band at the Bon Jovi concert at Giant's Stadium last year. Nice guys, and they do a really good job. Funny how everyone in the tri-state area is connected somehow.

Glad you had a good trip despite the heat and lines!

Chescat
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
That so sad about the Animation shop. I haven't been in there since 2001, but that was one of my favorite places to go in MGM. Do they still have the Animation tour in there? :confused:

JPL
06-21-2007, 12:40 PM
The Animation has been reduced to a movie and drawing exhibition. Since the Animation studio closed.

Patricia
06-21-2007, 06:01 PM
I can easily skip the Studios when I'm there. Last time I think we only went for the Osborne lights. The time before that I had to go because we had a newbie that needed to ride ToT.. sigh, poor JohnY was wih us that day. I'm sure his arm is still bruised from sitting beside me. Not the best seat on the elevator. :eek:

I hope your time at MK was better spent.

faline
06-22-2007, 08:47 AM
You experience at Disney Studios during Star Wars Weekend sort of mirrors my experience a few weeks ago - with the exception that Rock n Roller Coaster was running and we did get to ride it. There were several things we skipped because the ride lines were far too long! I think we ended up going to Epcot that afternoon.

Some down time at your resort on a hot day can be quite relaxing!

JPL
06-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Glad I'm a not a huge Star Wars Fan and travelled down just for the Star Wars Weekend. I would have been really disappointed with it.

January-2007
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for reporting.

pdrlkr
06-23-2007, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks for sharing.

wilshade
06-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the report!

terri.m
06-25-2007, 01:44 AM
Hope the rest of the day got better for you! off to read...