PDA

View Full Version : Where to stay?

Disneydolls
06-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Have been to DW many times. Last stay at AKL, spoiled me. Before that three times at CS. Be there in August going with family that wants to stay at POR. Stayed at POR about ten years ago. Which moderate would you choose? Cleanliness is important.

alpro2
06-21-2007, 07:14 AM
My favorite Mod is POFQ. Small, clean, convenient.

Have a great trip in August!

browneyedgirl12
06-21-2007, 11:55 AM
My favorite mod is POR. It is very clean and is larger than POFQ but is very shady and beautiful. The lounge their is very entertaining and the pool is very large and has a slide and is a great way to cool off in hot August. I absolutley love it there. If you have the opprotunity I'd give it a try. The only down point is longer walks to the food court and Lobby.Alligator Bayou is where we usually stay and it is very pretty and when they have the Bayou running it is really neat to watch at night. Have an awesome trip. :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

RedSoxFan
06-21-2007, 12:36 PM
I've only stayed at POFQ and I thought it was wonderful. Small resort so no long walks to food court, etc.

moe513
06-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Pofq is great but may be too small. I would pick either over cbr or cs.

DawsonAR
06-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Our favorite moderate is POR.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-22-2007, 12:10 PM
POFQ is my favourite resort, I love the theming, and the small size.

However, there is nothing wrong with POR, it is beautiful, I liked the landscaping, the size worried me, but I had a great time there too.

So, if I was choosing it would be POFQ, but if the family wants POR, go for it, you'll enjoy it :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
06-22-2007, 12:30 PM
POR is beautiful. We didn't have any problems with cleanliness or the resort size. The grounds are very pretty. I saw bunnies every morning on the way to the bus stop. I didn't have a problem with the size. It seemed like a very family-friendly resort. I would recommend it to anyone going to Disney that wanted to try a moderate. We are trying POFQ in October to try something different. (Also, because I have read many wonderful reviews here and in the Unofficial Guide.)

krorx
06-23-2007, 11:02 AM
POFQ is a wonderful moderate. Small in size, well themed and not a far walk to food court, bus stop or the boat to DTD. POR is pretty but it is larger. We just liked the quiet intimacy of POFQ better. POR is a short walk from POFQ along the river:D.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-24-2007, 01:03 AM
I enjoyed POR. And you can use either POR or POFQ pools. The resort size wasn't too big. It was a nice walk to anywhere even over to POFQ. And just a nice tranquil atmosphere.

Mary Poppins fan
06-24-2007, 06:53 AM
We liked POR (although we too are spoiled, but for us it is the Poly! :lei:) The POR grounds were peaceful, the food court was great, the room was clean, and our mousekeeper was awesome!

cinderellangel
06-24-2007, 05:14 PM
I've been to Coronado Springs and Port Orleans: French Quarter. I like both. :blush: The rooms and food are great. However, CS is big and walking around could be tedious. POFQ is smaller, more compact and it takes a short time to get to the parks. The pool in POFQ is nice and the surroundings are amazing. I didn't go to the pool at CS or walk around. I didn't have enough time. :(. Whatever you pick, I know you will have a great time. God bless and happy Mickey!:mickey:

Mickey91
06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
We will be staying at the POR in Sept. We like the peacefulness of this one. Also, anywhere on property is clean.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
POR is my favorite moderate!:mickey:As far as cleanliness, we have stayed at 11 different resorts, and I have never had a problem with cleanliness on site.:thumbsup:

Narawen
06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Stayed at POR in Oct and loved it. POFQ looks tempting too.

Jayhawk
06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
You stated you are going with "the family", If they are younger, the pool at Riverside is much better. I think the food court is a tad better as well. Riverside is bigger and this means a bunch of walking to the heart of the resort. I suggest staying in Alligator Bayou. Has a few smaller pools, not as loud and the bus usually swings around there first ,before heading to the main depot. The landscaping at both is wonderful. I think Riverside at night has a charm about it.