PDA

View Full Version : weather in January??

thejens
06-20-2007, 09:41 PM
What is the weather in WDW like in January? Does it ever get cold? What about at night? I'm thinking about during Wishes or on the boats? What kind of clothes should we bring if we choose this time of year? I assume crowds are lower?

faline
06-21-2007, 05:49 AM
Crowds are definitely lower in January. Weather can be quite variable. It can be 80's and quite nice - particularly during the daylight hours. It can also be quite cold. We were there in January of this year and never donned a pair of shorts for our entire trip (There was one day we could have gotten away with shorts for daylight hours). We also had some rather chilly weather - even down into the 40's at night. For the most part, we were comfortable with jeans, shirts and sweatshirts.

Strmchsr
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to see the historic weather conditions for the last 4 years. You can see the exact temps on the dates you're planning to go and looking at several years will give you a general idea of what to expect.

Pocahontas
06-21-2007, 09:48 AM
We think January is a great time to go to DW, but as a previous poster said, it can get quite cool especially at night. In the evenings my husband (who is hot natured) would don a light jacket and my DD and I would don a fall jacket and knit gloves. When we go to DW in Jan. or Feb. we pack for all types of weather, because you never know what you're going to get.

Erica9901
06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Hi!
We always go in January! Its the best time in our opinion. Its usually cold in the mornings and nights (40s), but warms up to a very comfy 70-80 degrees. The trick is layering! My kids would wear something like: undershirt, tee, sweatshirt, jacket, shorts, pants (hat & gloves). Then you lose the hat, gloves & jacket, then the sweatshirt, and pretty soon you are down to a tee and jeans or shorts. It was OK for us b/c we need a stroller; we'd throw everything in the stroller storage, then around dinnertime, you start layering back up.
My kids are pretty young, so there was no swimming for us - but the pools were heated, and we saw lots of people swimming! Also, we'd leave earlier than most, and stay out later; so depending on your schedule, you may not even be affected by the cold.
Have fun!