PDA

View Full Version : Belle's Mom and Fam's Eats

Belle's Mom
06-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Ok, so we got back on the 15th and here are our reviews of our EATS!

We stayed at POFQ and ate 2 times at Sassagoula for breakfast--Yum! 2 times for lunch and 4 times for dinner--all good! Didn't love the resort as we hoped, but the food was good and Elliot Dyson did not disappoint either!!

Now, we started out trip eating at Rainforest at DTD after both kids got gussied up at BBB. Good as always. We ran outside to see the shuttle launch (on the 8th) and just saw the smoke trail--too cool! My DH and I had shrimp and it was great!

Had ADR for H&V on Sat morning (9th) with the Einsteins and JoJo and Goliath. It was also Star Wars weekend (translate crowded)! Our ressie was for 8:05 and we were the second party seated. Food was good and characters were too. My DD4 was terrified of all characters this trip. Wasn't that way last October at Crystal Palace??? Go figure!

Had ADR for LeCellier on Sunday (10th) for 11:30 lunch. It was good, just not as great as I had hoped. The bread was good and the beer was cold. I guess I can't complain much, huh:beer: My steak was good (filet) and the soup was good. whiskey cake was good too.

Went to Typhoon Lagoon on Monday (11th) and ate at 'Ohana at 8:20 for dinner. We got there at 7:30 and were seated in 15 minutes! Good timing since we were close to eating the pineapple that the Lapu Lapu was in we were so hungry! Great view of the castle before the torrential downpour that ruined our view! Oh well, we were in and dry! I think the food was better this time than it was in October! The chicken dipped in the peanut sauce--oh my!!:cloud9:

No more ADRs until Thursday (14th) when we had an 1pm lunch at Whispering Canyon. Good food and good time! May I suggest going early in your trip to this establishment as I noticed that the yelling got on my nerves as we had all been together 24-7 for a week and were a bit on edge? The food was plentiful and of course asking for a large water and straws got us more than we bargained for (not me, really, as I knew what would happen:blush:) Oh, well!

So, that is what we did with some CS thrown in and some ice cream and cream chees pretzels for good measure here and there! Overall, a good dining experience and ready to plan another trip and EATS!

KAT1811
06-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Glad to hear that you enjoyed Whispering Canyons. We are trying it for the first time this year (Sept.) and are looking forward to it. I guess I'm always a little leary trying new things instead of sticking with the old tried and true. We are doing it on our first night there so hopefully it will get us started off right. Sounds like you had a great time!!! :mickey:

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
sounds like an overall good dining experience. And I know what you mean about being on edge after being together. Noisy places can add too it.. we did Chef Mickey's as one of our last meals and after a week of little sleep - well, the noise was a bit much and didn't do much for our moods. So I can see how Whispering Canyon would do the same (we did that one early in our trip).. thanks for telling us about your food experiences!

tinksmom02
06-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Thanks for your review--I loved hearing about your dining experiences!
I know it's off-topic, but might I ask what is was about POFQ that you "didn't love?"

Bethanymouse
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
It sounds like you had a great trip! Thanks for your reviews!:thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
06-22-2007, 01:18 AM
Sounds like a good time eating around the world:)
What didn't you like about POFQ?

Belle's Mom
06-22-2007, 02:06 PM
About the POFQ...we just got spoiled by the POLY in October! That is all! After being on the monorail and the grounds at poly, we just didn't find it the same. We knew it would be different as it is a Mod., but just weren't that impressed! No one reason, just spoiled, that's it!:blush:

January-2007
06-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the reviews, glad you had a good trip!

tinksmom02
06-23-2007, 11:09 PM
About the POFQ...we just got spoiled by the POLY in October! That is all! After being on the monorail and the grounds at poly, we just didn't find it the same. We knew it would be different as it is a Mod., but just weren't that impressed! No one reason, just spoiled, that's it!:blush:

OK, I was a little nervous before, but I agree with you--if I ever get lucky enough to stay at the Poly (WHEN I get lucky enough LOL), I would feel spoiled, too, and nothing less would do!

Thanks!

Hey, 500 posts!!!!!