PDA

View Full Version : socks at Tyhoon Lagoon, and supportive shoes

casey@bat
06-20-2007, 05:00 PM
When we swim in a concrete pool, my kids wear regular socks so there feet won't get blisters. Would this work for TL?

Also, my mom is worried about not wearing her suportive tennis shoes and walking around. She is worried her feet will hurt. Any suggestions for her?

mttafire
06-20-2007, 05:45 PM
I would think that "beach shoes" or "water shoes" would be much better than socks. They arent expensive at all. Walmart sells them. Socks just doesnt sound like a good idea...:confused: in a pool.

casey@bat
06-20-2007, 06:42 PM
They have worn the beach shoes before, well not my three yr. old. She just learned to swim on her own and I am afraid it will be harder for her to kick with those.

I will buy some beach shoes and take some socks.

When we get back I will let you know what worked best.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I don't know if I'd wear the socks in the wave pool. Those waves are strong enough to "knock your socks off". I've worn the water shoes and they've worked great. Especially when the pavement is sooooo hot!

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I wore my tevas last time and they were great. I felt like I had some support while walking around. And didn't bother me on the slides at all.

casey@bat
07-08-2007, 09:33 AM
We're back!

My girls wore Sketchers that are made out of the same thing Crocs are. They are shaped kinda like tennis shoes and cover the whole foot with a velcro strap on the side. They were great for my 3 year old without socks under them. Two days before, they wore them to EPCOT and my 7 yr. old got a blister. She wore socks under hers at TL and had no problem. My mom also wore sketchers with socks under them and had no problem with enough support. I wore an off brand with socks under them and they were great!

We had to take them off for HumungaKowabunga and the other slides with no raft.

AstareGod
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I highly recommend bringing and wearing shoes to the water park. You'll be doing a lot of walking, and sometimes the walkways (concrete) get very hot. Plus, the impact resistance the shoes give you help your feet to not hurt at the end of the day.

You will need to take off any shoes on the slides that don't have tubes, ie Humunga Kowabunga, Storm Slides, the Kiddie slides, and the Blustery Bay slide. You can wear shoes on any slide that uses tubes.