PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a Stroller in AK?

Hoboken_NY
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Will be at WDW next week with DD's 3, 5 and 7 years old. For MK, EP and MGM definitely getting a double stroller to go along with our umbrella stroller. But in AK, do I really need the double for the 5 and 7 year old? Most of it seems to be either seeing a show or interactive exhibits, not as much walking as the other parks. What is your opinion?

Thanks so much,
Mike P.

goofiecrazy
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Get the stroller for AK as well. AK is 500 acres and the MK alone fits in the Safari ride.It may not seem like alot of walking but it is so I would get the stroller just in case.

Darbylew
06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
There is a lot of walking at Ak. I would get a
stroller. I really think you will need one. Have
a great time in the land of MICKEY :mickey:
FIRST TRIP 1972
LAST TRIP MAY-JUNE 2007 :mickey:
NEXT TRIP NOVEMBER 2007 :D
AND MANY TRIPS IN BETWEEN

Strmchsr
06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
:ditto: I think there is as much or more walking in AK than any park except maybe Epcot because it's so spread out. If your kids need a stroller in MK or Disney Studios they'll definitely need one in AK.

meldan98
06-20-2007, 05:16 PM
A stroller is a must. When we went on our honeymoon, I had issues with my feet (tendonitis, plantar faciatis and strained ligaments) and all the other parks were okay for me to walk as long as we took our time, but this park KILLED me! My poor DH had to push his new wife in a wheelchair during our visit at AK. Everything there is just so spread out.

mermaidmarian
06-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes.

Marilyn Michetti
06-20-2007, 05:43 PM
In the summer, AK also the hottest park. Lots of humidity trapped under all that foliage. The ground is very uneven, and there are some areas that are uphill. I would vote for the stroller, big time.:(

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Rent a stroller for length of stay. That way you get a discount and don't have to wait in the long line every day.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Hmm...I was going to say No.

We had the stroller for our DD who was just shy of 3 last year. AK was the park she used it the least. It was nice to have the few times she wanted a break but, we even said we should have left it at Pop.

My older two never needed a stroller after 4. We are bringing one for Taylor this year but, I am guessing it won't be used much after seeing her last year.

Maybe wait and see? I have never rented so I do not know if that would be a pain. I guess I would feel them out the other days and see if you think they will need it.

Jeez..I was a lot of help wasn't I?! :blush:

mic_keyfan
06-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Something to think about...on top of being the largest of the parks, they say that it is also about 10-15 degrees warmer do to the tropical nature of it. Your girls may get tired faster because of the heat and the stroller may be a welcome item when they need a break! I sometimes wish I had one for me!! J/K
anyway my DS is 6 this year and we plan on bringing an umbrella stroller with us in November/December, in case he wants to take a break.

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
When my girls were 5 and 7 they walked, but there was no AK then. Why not rent a double, let the 3 yr. old ride and the older children take turns!

crazypoohbear
06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
YES. As previously stated this is the larged and HOTTEST park in the World. If I could get someone to push me around in a stroller there I would sooo go for it!:)

Brer Mickey
06-21-2007, 01:04 AM
DS15 was 7 the first time we visited AK. Halfway through the day I went back to the entrance and picked up a stroller. We felt kind of silly when DS got into it, but it really was a lifesaver and he really needed it a couple of times. It was well worth the extra cost.