PDA

View Full Version : DDP CS Question

LarryBoy
06-20-2007, 03:44 PM
We will be on the DDP on our next trip. Can my son, age six, order any meal at a CS restaurant or does he have to get a kid's meal? It seems like in the past we have occasionally gotten him a regular meal at a CS with the DDP, but I can't remember. Sometimes he just likes the adult choices better, and he's a good eater. I know we can't do this for our TS meal, but I wasn't sure about CS.

PS: Did I use enough abbreviations? :D

r4kids
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
He can only order a kids meal. They are "cracking down" on the difference between kids meals and adults meals for CS.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-20-2007, 08:43 PM
The only place we've eaten that doesn't distinguish between adult and kids meals is Pizza Planet at MGM. Kids can order the same things as adults there.

Some said in an earlier post at Pizzafari at AK that you can request a pizza for kids as their meal even though there isn't one offered as a kids meal.

LibertyTreeGal
06-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Casey's Corner in MK doesn't distinguish either :thumbsup:

What we generally do is get something like two Cosmic Ray's Chicken and Ribs platter for DH and I and the boys eat off of that (it is a lot of food) and save their CS for breakfast. I hate the kids choices at most CS places and we will pay OOP for them when we have to.

KAT1811
06-20-2007, 10:12 PM
I upgrade DD to the adult plan because she has a sophisticated pallet and doesn't care for "kid" food. My advice is to look into changing your DS 's DDP to the adult plan so he can order whatever he chooses. No point of being on vacation and not getting to use what you paid good money for, for what you want.

LarryBoy
06-20-2007, 10:22 PM
Ithink it was at Pizza Planet that I remember him getting an adult meal. I'm not too worried about him not getting enough, because you get so much food with the DDP that there is always plenty to go around.

Figment!
06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
The Disney Dining Plan brochure for 2007, given to each Guest who purchases the plan, states
Guests ages 3 -9 must order from a children's menu, where available As mentioned above, some Counter Service locations still do not offer a children's menu.

These locations currently include:
Casey's Corner
Catalina Eddie
Cool Wash Pizza
Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
Pizza Planet
Sommerfest
Taluca Turkey Leg Co.
Yorkshire County Fish Shop

LarryBoy
06-21-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks Figment, that's good info to have! :tiphat: :notworth: :thanks:

Goes4FastPass
06-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Children must order from the children's menu if one is available... and that's fair.

Children currently pay just under $10 a day for the DDP which for us oftens includes several character meals where the children's price is over $10.

Also children's menus are many TS restaurants are much better and more varied than (:ack:) chicken nuggets, for example, steak is on the children's menu at steak places.