PDA

View Full Version : JPL's June Stop at the World Day 3 Part 2 Epcot

JPL
06-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Day 3 June 16th
Part 2 Epcot

Hmm so where did I leave off :confused:

Oh yeah we just got back to Pop a quick stop back at the room new band aid applied to friend's foot and off we went. We got in the car which was hotter than the surface of the sun and headed to Epcot. After a short drive we parked the car and headed for the main gate. We imediately headed over to Soarin for FPs got them and went staright to The Seas with Nemo. We waited about 20 minutes whih I didn't mind because I got some time to check out the queue. Took our voyage to find Nemo which was cool this time the Angler Fish was actually working but didn't seem to be as fast as the video I saw of the ride after my last trip. I still find the characters swimming in the tank effect is amazing. There was a dolphin swimming in the area and it actually appeared to be interacting with the animation. After Nemo we decided to spend some time in WS since I rarely do that. We took a ride on the Grand Fiesta tour which I thought added new life to the attraction and was nice upgrade. We ltereally walked right on and had our own boat. :thumbsup: I was a little disappointed in the finale scene, I thought they could have used AAs of the characters instead of more movie footage. We realized we made it just in time since when we got off a long line was forming with more people flowing in. We walked around WS and made a few stops. First stop was Germany for a pretzel since we realized we were starving and all we had was a danish and coffee at AK earlier in the day. My friend was on the hunt for new shoes so we looked around for a shop that might have some. No luck in WS. We continued our trek around the world and noticed a band was playing at 5:45 at the American Adventure. It was a Bon Jovi Tribute Band called Slippery When Wet from NJ. We started to laugh figuring we probably know someone in the band and actually my friend who is a drummer is on their fillin list and auditioned for the band. We made a quick mental note to come back and see them and headed around back towards FW. We stopped by the International Gateway with hope of finding shoes but still no luck. We stopped in the UK so my friend his favorite all time Epcot entertainment British Invasion. Afer a few songs we went on our way towards Journey into Imagination. At this time my friend realized he had a message from his wife and I went on the ride while he retruned the call. When I got off the ride I grabbed a :bar: and we headed towards Soarin to use our FP. The posted wait time for Stand By was 60 minutes and we went in the FP return line. They should change the title of this attraction to Waitin. We waited about 45 minutes even with a FP and I have to say we have both been on this ride so many times if the walk wasn't so long there were a few times we would have left the line. We finally got on the ride and took our flight which was very enjoyable. After this the shoe quest continued we headed over to Mousegears and a few shops and he almost bought a pair of Mickey Crocs and then thought the better of it. We then headed back to WS to see the band play and watched their first set. We think we reconized the guitar player but had no way of really getting to see them better so we headed back to FW. We toyed with riding TT but the line was long and it looked like it was going to pour and figure we didn't want to chance it. At this we started to realize how hungry we were getting and thought about dinner it was around 6. We didn't want anything in Epcot and didn't think we could get in anywhere any way. As we were walking towards FW discussing Dinner we realized we were by The Seas and thee was no wait for Nemo so took another ride. Got off Nemo and decided to give Boma a shot for dinner. We arrived at Boma around 6:30 and they said it was an hour and half wait so we decide we could entertain at the AKL for a bit. We walked around looking at animals(well I walked he limped) Checked out the gift still insearch on new shoes. Soon our pager went off in what seemed like 5 minutes gotta love the AKL for killing time:thumbsup: We started are our feast at the Buffet had a great server Dilly. We pigged out on Prime Rib, Salmon, Ribs and a few other tatsy treats then started in dessert. Had a nice sampling of the desserts and called it quits before we exploded:blush: We almost went back to Epcot to catch Illumination and ride SSE but realized we would be cutting it close and with both of us being stuffed beyond belief and his foot bohering him we headed to DTD. We shopped around DTD and finally in the Athletic store he found a pair of flips. We shopped around a bit more I got a few pins and just basically browsed through the shops. We realized it was getting late and we a long day planned tomorrow so we decided to head back to the room around 11. Before heading I stopped in the WoD to pay my respects to Pegleg Pete it's great to see him again. Of course even though I was still stuffed I had to have an Italian Ice but was a little they didn't have chocolate which is my favorite so with Cherry Ice in hand it was back to the room. We headed to the foodcourt to fill our mugs and then off to sleep.

Patricia
06-20-2007, 02:58 PM
It sure does seem to be crowded this time of year. Too bad everything had such long lines.

I hadn't realized Pegleg Pete moved into WoD. I'll have to watch for him next time I'm there.

JPL
06-20-2007, 03:07 PM
I hadn't realized Pegleg Pete moved into WoD. I'll have to watch for him next time I'm there.

They took out the cheesy Pirate AA in the Adventurer Room and replaced him with Pegleg Pete.

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
Great day..... Soarin' wasn't that long of a wait for us...... last year we even walked on it.

Thanks for sharing this day with us. :D

Christine
06-20-2007, 03:24 PM
When I got off the ride I grabbed a :bar: and we headed towards Soarin to use our FP. The posted wait time for Stand By was 60 minutes and we went in the FP return line. They should change the title of this attraction to Waitin.

:laughing: Boy that's the truth!

January-2007
06-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

Chescat
06-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Day 3 June 16th
Part 2 Epcot
We started are our feast at the Buffet had a great server Dilly. We pigged out on Prime Rib, Salmon, Ribs and a few other tatsy treats then started in dessert. Had a nice sampling of the desserts and called it quits before we exploded.
You do eat a lot don't you? :jaw::eat:

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 03:54 PM
What a trooper your friend is to continue on sore feet and all! Glad you found some shoes for him! Again, I'm tired just reading all you guys did! :mickey:

terri.m
06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Great rest of the day! Boma twice?? How delicious does that sound?

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow what a full day.

faline
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
What a lot of ground you covered! You were lucky to be able to get into Boma like that! We've tried before (during a not busy time) and have been unsuccessful!

JPL
06-21-2007, 10:22 AM
I think the trick with Boma is to just show up. We gave it a try becuse we knew if we couldn't get in we were going to head over to DTD for dinner:thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
06-21-2007, 11:41 AM
Dinner at Boma sounded wonderful! Too bad I can't get the rest of the family to try it!

JPL
06-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Boma is by far my favorite dinner buffet in all of WDW. The food is excellent quality and they have something for everyone. THey even some no so adventurous dishes for those who are scared off by the African flair.

pdrlkr
06-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow sounds like a busy end of the day.

wilshade
06-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a day that deserved two parts. Thanks again for the report!