View Full Version : Our Unexpected Trip 5/19 - 5/25 Day 7

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
06-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Cast:
Me - Amy, Disney fanatic and planner, 38
DH - Gene, willing participant, 40
DD - Sam, totally hooked, 6
DS - Chris, huge Pirate fan, 4

Sadly, Friday was our last day. Gene took the kids to the food court so I could pack up. When they came back, we took the bags up to luggage services for them to hold and we headed to MK. There were some things we wanted to do again (Pirates of the Caribbean) and some things we hadn't done yet that we hoped to fit in. The first thing we did was head to the barber shop. After about a 1/2 hour wait, Chris got his buzz cut complete with a Mickey head in the back. He was so darn proud of himself! But I must say that hair paint that they use never really dried and ended up all over everything! Thankfully it did wash out of my t-shirt and his pillow case! Following the haircut, we headed back to Adventureland to see Jack Sparrow one last time. It was easy to see on the walk that the Memorial Day crowds came in early - the park was crowded! When we got to POtC, Sam announced that she was not riding, but there was no getting around taking Chris! So Gene and Chris got in line and Sam and I went for fast passes for the Jungle Cruise. We thought about visiting the Tiki Room, but I hadn't mentioned to DH that we would do that and I was afraid we would miss them. So Sam and I picked out spots for the Pirate Tutorial and just waited. When the guys came back, we only had to wait a few more minutes for the show to begin and we had front row spots. Poor Chris did everything he could to get picked for the show, but it just didn't happen. He was really disappointed. But we all did enjoy the show. After that, we headed to Pecos Bill's for lunch, but it was just absolutely packed. We waited in line for about 10 minutes without moving even a little bit and we decided we better just head back to the hotel for lunch. We didn't want to be late for our date with Magical Express. So we gave our Jungle Cruise fast passes away and went back and enjoyed a leisurely lunch and some last minute shopping in the gift shop. We were out front for ME about 1/2 hour early and a bus showed up. The driver said it was an earlier bus but we might as well take it while he was there so we did. We had no problems at the airport and the flight was pleasantly uneventful. Both kids fell asleep while the plane was on the runway. Sam woke up about 2 hours into the 2.5 hour flight and I had to wake Chris when we landed in Philly. Can't ask for much more than that!

FINAL THOUGHTS AND HIGHLIGHTS
We really had a great time. It was our first time traveling to WDW with just the 4 of us and it was kind of nice not having the pressure of having to meet someone at a certain time, or the frustration of someone else being late. But I did miss having extended family there too, so it was really nice when my sister and her fiance surprised us for a few days.

I really like going in May. We have gone twice in May and the weather has been perfect and the crowds were especially light this time, except for the Friday before Memorial Day. My only complaint about May is the LOVEBUGS. And really, it isn't my complaint, but my kids'! There was just no convincing them that they are harmless. The screams that came out of the stroller for every bug were so frustrating!

We missed a lot of stuff this trip, but we did get to try a few new things. Missing attractions just guarantees another trip!

We really enjoyed our character breakfasts this time. Both meals were great and I would recommend both 1900 Park Fare and Cape May Cafe.

We got to ride in the front of the monorail for the first time. We all enjoyed the view and our pilot licenses will definitely go in the scrap book.

All Star Sports suited us just fine, although as my kids get bigger, the value rooms definitely seem smaller!

Magical Express was great, except for the luggage mishap. I think we would give it another try on future trips. You can't beat the price!

Well, sadly, that brings this trip report to an end. Thanks for reading!!! I hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did writing.

January-2007
06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks for all your great reports.

faline
06-21-2007, 10:41 AM
The last time we tried to get on an earlier Magical Express bus they wouldn't let us though I suspect many of the people who did get on weren't scheduled for that bus either. In fact, we were the only 2 left at the bus stop!

Great trip! Thanks for your reprots!

Beach Club Babe
06-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your reports! I enjoyed reading them! Yes, MK did fill up quickly that day!

Christine
06-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Great reports! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Bethis26fan
06-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip w/ us. Sounds like you had a great trip.

DizNee143
06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
aww..i hate the last day!! im glad you guys had an overall great vacation...and thank you so much for sharing it with us...i had a good time reading all about it!! :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: