PDA

View Full Version : Magic Kingdom in Dec

Not2Loud
06-20-2007, 02:04 PM
How are the crowds at the Magic Kingdom during December? I was thinking of spending a few nights down there around Christmas.

Thanks!

faline
06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
If you're going right around the actual holiday, expect very heavy crowds. Some of the heaviest crowds of the year are found in the week between Christmas and New Year. The days leading up to Christmas are pretty crowded as well.

LoriMistress
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
Can you please give us more details on when you'll be at WDW so we know exactly how we can futher assist you?

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 07:56 PM
If you are going at the beginning of the month it is awesome.

wilshade
06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Generally - The week OF Christmas through New Years' eyeball to eyeball.

The weeks of December PRIOR to Christmas week are fairly light in attendence. However, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party can be eyeball to eyeball too.

RAIDER
06-21-2007, 03:46 AM
The first 2 weeks in DEC are normally very quiet after that the place is heaving :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
06-21-2007, 05:40 AM
We've been there the first 2 weeks of Dec and a week after New Years. Both times were fantastic. I think that around Christmas time is like a nightmare before Christmas, lol:jack:
Sorry, I'm tired:blush:

dolphinmickey9170
06-21-2007, 10:27 AM
We'll be there for the 3rd week, is that crazy too?

DDuck66
06-21-2007, 10:40 AM
We were there last Christmas for the 3 days before and one day after Christmas. While the parks were quite crowded, if you used the EMH and the fast pass you could generally get everything done. Christmas at WDW is an event in itself and in MHO is not to missed..there are so many special things to do and see. This year we are going to split it up and go a couple of times during Nov and December.

disneycouple2004
06-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Chirstmas is our most favorite time to be at Disney..of course we were married there in December 2004....the 1st 2 weeks are not bad at all crowd wise...but toward the end of the 3rd week until after the New Year its packed... we don't plan anymore to avoid the crowds..we just go and take our time, pack extra paitience, and enjoy all the magic :D

Have a great trip !!

ryca1dreams
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't know. We went in early Dec 05 and there were enormous crowds. I was really amazed. I even took video of all the people and the lines.

I know this was right before the cheerleading competition, but there were a lot of kids in cheerleading outfits, football team jerseys, school bands(?), lots of parents with them, etc. I know it was not the week of the actual competition or they wouldn't have been in the parks.

We will not go during December again. It was pretty though.

WED1901
06-21-2007, 01:32 PM
We stayed once during the week of Christmas and New Years. On New Years Eve we took the Monorail from EPCOT to MK for the evening. For the first time I saw cars backed up on the side of the road at the Toll Plaza Gate waiting to enter the parking lot. They were not letting anyone in except for resort guest. This was back in 1996 or 97 I think. The parks where crazy!

Dznygrl79
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
We went Dec 9-18 05 and had a great time! The only time we had a line was for soarin and the safari at animal kingdom. The day we left people where pouring in and the POP lobby was no room to move. The earlier the better and of course weekends are always busier. But thats not stopping me from going back Dec 8-16 this year we'll :santa3: be at POP.