PDA

View Full Version : Akershus?

rnin02
06-20-2007, 12:15 PM
The only time we have eaten there is before the Princesses came, and it was the cold buffett with the hot entrees they brought to the table. What is the food like now? We are trying to meet up with friends one day while we are there for dinner and this is one of our possible choices. Thanks for the input.

Darbylew
06-20-2007, 02:10 PM
I have never eaten there but I have heard that
it is really good. The children really love to see
all the princesses. Sorry I can't help about the
food but maybe someone will have an answer
for you. :confused:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007.......:D

spoonfulosugar
06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Check out the menu in Info Central...It looks the same as it used to be, but it doesn't mention the cold buffett...I assume they still have it though. We haven't been there since it switched over to the Princesses.

rnin02
06-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Check out the menu in Info Central...It looks the same as it used to be, but it doesn't mention the cold buffett...I assume they still have it though. We haven't been there since it switched over to the Princesses.

I looked at the menu (here and at other sites) and while the entrees offered look the same, I get the impression you just get one portion of one entree, where as before you got multiple small portions of as many different entrees as you wanted...which was fun, and a good way to try new stuff. If you didn't like it, you weren't wasting much and you could move on to something else. Anyone been there recently??

Crow
06-20-2007, 09:22 PM
I was the same way. it used to b a fav. since i hadnt eaten there since the princesses arrived i tried it a few wks ago.
had to wait a bit even w ADR. lots of people waiting even at the early time.
the female CM who talked to me was pleasant and said she would find my server and asked if i wanted a drink:beer: server was ok.
the Koldbort cold buffet was still good. no scrambled eggs like they used to have. salmon, salads, bread, meat, fish. as much as you wanted as far as i could tell.
the entrees were about the same choices but you could only pick one, as opposed to previously when you could try as many as u wanted.
i had the cod which was good.
dessert was a sampler, 3 diff desserts that were good.
the princesses spent a few min at each table.
Aurora, Cinderella,Aeriel (her of the squeaky voice) and Jasmine:thumbsup: she was the nicest and got a good pic w her.
i probably wont go back though.
the kids would like it. i was solo so felt a little more out of place than at other places.
it was also my first character meal.
ill spend my meals at other places

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-20-2007, 09:36 PM
We love Akershus. Even my picky son and DH. You do pick one entree. There were enough choices for us and they even made a child's meal into an adult for my DH. (Told you he was picky..lol). The dessert tray is our favorite.

The Princess interaction is great. We have always been lucky, Cinderella has been there every time we have gone. Along with Snow White, Jasmine, Belle, Aurora and last year Ariel. She was in the foyer for pics.

We only made one ADR for our trip this September and it is at Akershus!!

frakers
06-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Just ask. We LOVED this place before the Princess invasion and just ate there last September for the first time since the change-over ourselves, (our own little protest). Although it's no longer advertised that you can try more than one hot entree, just ask. My DH did and they gladly brought him a second entree. We also loved the mashed rutagbaga mix and meatballs that they had before and didn't see where we could get that with an entree. Again, we asked and were brought these items as well. We still don't like that the Princesses are there but we are planning on going back later this year too...we just really enjoy the food. I wish I had some shrimp salad right now :eat: