PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Lederhosen Spacesuits.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Be careful what you wish for--you might get it.

I hope everybody was on board for the blastoff, because it's going to be mighty hard to catch up now.

Did everybody find their size in our new DDPI Liederhosen spacesuits? Just for Nat, we've got designer space boots as well.

The good ol' Black Pearl RV has now been outfitted for space travel and we're on our way to...well I'm not sure. Frankie was supposed to check with mission control before he left.

Buzz Babe is in charge of the space cannons, of course.

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Did I make it? Am I here? Do I have to wear this designer spacesuit? Am I asking too many questions?

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Did I make it? Am I here? Do I have to wear this designer spacesuit? Am I asking too many questions?
Well, you don't have to wear the spacesuit as long as you stay inside the pressurized RV, but I figured somebody might want to go out for a walk sooner or later what with the tight quarters and all...

Did anybody remember to load the cookies?

Christine
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
See, I on the other hand, LOVE these outfits! :thumbsup: How cheeky!

But if this ship at any time starts to head for a galaxy far far away, I'm making a dash for the escape hatch!

Ken...there are no cookies in space! There are cookie-capsule-pills! Haven't you ever seen the Jetsons??

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 11:31 AM
But if this ship at any time starts to head for a galaxy far far away, I'm making a dash for the escape hatch!

Did I mention that one of our stops is a space camp? Where they show Star Wars 24/7? And the escape hatch is sealed? Muwahahahaha. :thedolls::thedolls:

alpro2
06-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, you don't have to wear the spacesuit as long as you stay inside the pressurized RV, but I figured somebody might want to go out for a walk sooner or later what with the tight quarters and all...

Boy, I'd say...with all that pressurized gas, it probably will be sooner than latter. Especially with all that German food (sauerkraut, etc). Do you agree?

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Did I mention that one of our stops is a space camp? Where they show Star Wars 24/7? And the escape hatch is sealed? Muwahahahaha. :thedolls::thedolls:

If we are stopping by the NASA Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama we can go by my house for Space Punch and cookie capsules! It's just a hop,skip and space jump away! Everyone's invited!
Do ya'll want to stop by?:mickey:

pogo
06-20-2007, 12:18 PM
See, I on the other hand, LOVE these outfits! :thumbsup: How cheeky!
Maybe "cheeky" looks good on you..... but not on me ! :D

Boy, I'd say...with all that pressurized gas, it probably will be sooner than latter. Especially with all that German food (sauerkraut, etc). Do you agree?

Boy... now I'm sorry I've stowed away on here with Alex and all his gas. :faint:

Jasper
06-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Did anyone misplace their lederhosen spacesuit? If you did, my wife can rent you one from her costume shop!!

Christine
06-20-2007, 01:00 PM
Maybe "cheeky" looks good on you..... but not on me ! :D

:hi: Pogo!!! I'm so glad to see you here in Just Questions! But hence the name, if you don't ask at least one question in your post, you'll be horse-whipped, dragged, stoned, hung, and what's worse, Rhonda will give you one of these: :nono:

So don't forget, okay???

Ken, I will not even dignify the mention of star wars space camp with an answer...OR a question! :humph:

pogo
06-20-2007, 01:07 PM
:hi: Pogo!!! I'm so glad to see you here in Just Questions! But hence the name, if you don't ask at least one question in your post, you'll be horse-whipped, dragged, stoned, hung, and what's worse, Rhonda will give you one of these: :nono:
Ok..... so what constitutes a question ? :confused: :D

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh boy! Here we are on the Big Red Battleship (the RV formerly known as the Black Pearl)... Stitch thanks you Ken! He wasn't really liking all that water....

Did anybody remember to load the cookies?

Did you forget who you were talking to? The cookies were loaded before any other supplies...

Um, I think making a dash might be hard since Alex has piled the cookies cases in the way...is there a code about keeping exits clear in space?

Don't worry - Stitch is on board... I'm sure his chili dog breath can help ease all that pressurized gas...

If we are stopping by the NASA Space Camp in Huntsville Alabama we can go by my house for Space Punch and cookie capsules! It's just a hop,skip and space jump away! Everyone's invited!
Do ya'll want to stop by?

Does Space Punch not have any gravity in it?

Boy... now I'm sorry I've stowed away on here with Alex and all his gas. :faint:

:wave: Hi Pogo!!!! So glad you joined us! If it gets too bad just throw a couple cookies out a window and he'll jump out to retrieve them!

Did anyone misplace their lederhosen spacesuit? If you did, my wife can rent you one from her costume shop!!

Can we bill it to the JQ thread account?

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Ok..... so what constitutes a question ? :confused: :D

Anything that ends with a question mark...

So, what's new?

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Buzz Babe is in charge of the space cannons, of course.I accept this as my duty, Captain. I will not let you down.

Did I mention that one of our stops is a space camp? Where they show Star Wars 24/7? And the escape hatch is sealed? Muwahahahaha. :thedolls::thedolls: :plot::rotfl: We will convert Christine yet!!! :plot:

Boy, I'd say...with all that pressurized gas, it probably will be sooner than latter. Especially with all that German food (sauerkraut, etc). Do you agree?Can I get some screen cleaner please??

Ok..... so what constitutes a question ? :confused: :DCousin! Happy to see you!

You know this is the second almost trip to Germany I've had this week. DH was supposed to go over for two weeks in August, and we decided that the boys and I would tag along....only now the need for the trip is off...and none of us are going. :cry: Oh well...can't dwell on it! The good side is that going over would have resulted in a cancelled October Disney trip....and looks like that wont happen now! How soon do I need to start baking cookies for all y'all? Remember it is only two bags per person that we are allowed to take on the plane!

Nascfan
06-20-2007, 01:20 PM
We have a new thread? And in space too? Cool.

Hope everyon is having a good midweek.

pogo
06-20-2007, 01:27 PM
So, what's new?
Not much... has anybody seen my cousin ?

:hi: Pogo!!! I'm so glad to see you here in Just Questions!
:hi: Christine.......Thanks for the greeting.... but why are you glad to see me in here ? :D

Hi Pogo!!!! So glad you joined us! Thanks.... Is it OK to stow away in this tub ?

I accept this as my duty, Captain. I will not let you down.
:plot::rotfl: We will convert Christine yet!!! :plot:
Can I get some screen cleaner please??
Cousin! Happy to see you!
:hi: cousin..... I've been missing you and Brian.
Why do you want to convert Christine...... I thought she was a church going lady ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Why do you want to convert Christine...... I thought she was a church going lady ? :D Well, she is untrained in the powers of The Force. :yoda: She needs immediate help. Can you believe that she has NEVER seen a SINGLE Star Wars movie??????? And the whole church thing... unfortunately her week in the wild last week may have changed things a bit for a while. ;)

:hi: Scott! Happy midweek! :mickey:

pogo
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, she is untrained in the powers of The Force. :yoda: She needs immediate help. Can you believe that she has NEVER seen a SINGLE Star Wars movie??????? And the whole church thing... unfortunately her week in the wild last week may have changed things a bit for a while. ;)

Would you believe that Christine and I have more in common than you know ? :confused:

I've never seen a single Star Wars movie either. I'd rather watch Austin Powers or my favorite..... the Three Stooges ! :D

:hi: Scott ! :D

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 01:50 PM
How soon do I need to start baking cookies for all y'all? Remember it is only two bags per person that we are allowed to take on the plane!

Hmmm.. good thing we aren't on a plane then cause two bags of cookies per person just ain't enough for this crew!

We have a new thread? And in space too? Cool.

Hope everyon is having a good midweek.

Glad you could pop in Scott!

Why do you want to convert Christine...... I thought she was a church going lady ? :D

And the whole church thing... unfortunately her week in the wild last week may have changed things a bit for a while. ;)

:laughing: Poor Christine.. as her friends should we really be laughing at her experience? Pogo - just don't mention "camping to her...

Would you believe that Christine and I have more in common than you know ? :confused:

I've never seen a single Star Wars movie either. I'd rather watch Austin Powers or my favorite..... the Three Stooges !

Oh my! YOu do have a lot in common with Christine seeing as how she has been quoting Austin Powers lately....

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
I've never seen a single Star Wars movie either. AAAACKK! :stop::jaw::eek: I refuse to believe that! Alex! Ken! We need to get this guy to camp. Double Quick!! Maybe he should stop by Deb's place for some NASA training first?

No Star Wars.....that's a good one. :funny:

pogo
06-20-2007, 02:07 PM
:laughing: Poor Christine.. as her friends should we really be laughing at her experience? Pogo - just don't mention "camping to her...

Oh my! YOu do have a lot in common with Christine seeing as how she has been quoting Austin Powers lately....

OH BEHAAAAAAVE !!!

Why can't i mention "camping" to her ? She loves to "camp" as I remember !

AAAACKK! :stop::jaw::eek: I refuse to believe that! Alex! Ken! We need to get this guy to camp. Double Quick!! Maybe he should stop by Deb's place for some NASA training first?

No Star Wars.....that's a good one. :funny: Come on Cousin..... would I lie to you ? :D

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 02:13 PM
OH BEHAAAAAAVE !!!

Why can't i mention "camping" to her ? She loves to "camp" as I remember !

Well, if that was a reference to Austin Powers - I've never seen a single one...Hmmm.. is this spaceship outfitted with a movie theater?

Because the mention of camping gives her hives, causes her facial tic to act up, and makes her hypervenilate...

pogo
06-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Because the mention of camping gives her hives, causes her facial tic to act up, and makes her hypervenilate...
Have you ever heard of this trick ? We could put a bag over her head and............ it might make her stop hypervenilating.... or something. :funny: Then.... maybe.... I could mention "campimg" to her with out causing alarm ! This also works for other things. :yes:
Sorry Christine. :blush: ......... :D

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Have you ever heard of this trick ? We could put a bag over her head and............ it might make her stop hypervenilating.... or something. :funny: Then.... maybe.... I could mention "campimg" to her with out causing alarm ! This also works for other things. :yes:
Sorry Christine. :blush: ......... :D

Wow! He's on this thread for all of, what, 5 or six posts and already he knows how we treat each other! :D

Did my question get left behind?

Dsnygirl
06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Phew! :whew: Just made it! Almost missed the flight, but we hurried back from the zoo and I "zooped" on in here just in time! (Did I use the word right, Ken??) Wow! Look at all those cookies up against the... is that the escape hatch? Sorry Christine & Pogo... looks like there's no escaping the inevitable... :D

Maybe "cheeky" looks good on you..... but not on me !

Boy... now I'm sorry I've stowed away on here with Alex and all his gas.
Hi Pogo! :hi: So glad you're on board with us!! Did you bring cookies??

You know this is the second almost trip to Germany I've had this week. DH was supposed to go over for two weeks in August, and we decided that the boys and I would tag along....only now the need for the trip is off...and none of us are going. Oh well...can't dwell on it! The good side is that going over would have resulted in a cancelled October Disney trip....and looks like that wont happen now! How soon do I need to start baking cookies for all y'all? Remember it is only two bags per person that we are allowed to take on the plane!
Jenn, I'm sorry you're not getting a trip to Germany... :( ... but I'm glad we'll still get to meet in October! :)

Would you believe that Christine and I have more in common than you know ?
I've never seen a single Star Wars movie either. I'd rather watch Austin Powers or my favorite..... the Three Stooges !

Pogo, you and Christine frighten me... :eek: ... in the nicest way, of course!! [Quick, Ken - make for Tatooine, ASAP!!]

So - since no one's heard from Frankie, and Ken doesn't know where we're going - who's steering this thing??? :confused:

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Pogo, you and Christine frighten me... :eek: ... in the nicest way, of course!! [Quick, Ken - make for Tatooine, ASAP!!]

So - since no one's heard from Frankie, and Ken doesn't know where we're going - who's steering this thing??? :confused:

STITCH :stitch: is!!!! (hey - others got Capt. Jack and Will last thread so it's my Stitchie pooh this thread! :D)

Does that frighten you more than Christine and Pogo not having seen Star Wars?

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:05 PM
Wow! He's on this thread for all of, what, 5 or six posts and already he knows how we treat each other! :D

It's a gift ! What more can I say ? :D

Hi Pogo! :hi: So glad you're on board with us!! Did you bring cookies??
Not with the way I fit into this "cheeky" space suit, I didn't ! :blush:

Lets get out this intergalactic map..... let's see..... if we turn off the auto pilot..... and turn here at this starry thing......... O.K. does anybody know where we are ? How about you Diane ? :D

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:07 PM
STITCH :stitch: is!!!! Oh no........ do you think I ought to bail out now ? :D

Christine
06-20-2007, 03:09 PM

I've never seen a single Star Wars movie either. I'd rather watch Austin Powers or my favorite..... the Three Stooges ! :D

I knew I liked you, Pogo!!

No Star Wars.....that's a good one. :funny:

See, this is how problems like the Middle East start. We have to agree to disagree. There are those in this world who like Star Wars, and there are those in this world (the smarter, funnier ones) that like Austin Powers!

Pogo, on the previous JQ thread, there was mention of an Austin Powers viewing party at my place Friday night. Oooo, how about we add in the "Airplane" series, too???

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:13 PM
I knew I liked you, Pogo!!

See, this is how problems like the Middle East start. We have to agree to disagree. There are those in this world who like Star Wars, and there are those in this world (the smarter, funnier ones) that like Austin Powers!

Pogo, on the previous JQ thread, there was mention of an Austin Powers viewing party at my place Friday night. Oooo, how about we add in the "Airplane" series, too???

That sounds great ! Can I bring the popcorn ? :confused:

I knew I liked you too.:blush: When are you going camping again ? :D

Christine
06-20-2007, 03:17 PM
I knew I liked you too.:blush: When are you going camping again ? :D

Now I don't like you anymore! :humph: ( ;) )

Has anyone else noticed how often I have to use the :humph: smiley around here????

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Now I don't like you anymore! :humph: ( ;) )

Has anyone else noticed how often I have to use the :humph: smiley around here????
Why don't you like me anymore ? :confused:

because I said, "Camping ?"

I'm just trying to help you get by that phobia. :D

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes, you are a bit pouty aren't you? :D

Welcome aboard Pogo. Stick around, I need another old guy to help me keep all these young'uns in line. (They tend to pout and such, you know.)

You know, I forgot we can run all the Star Wars and Austin Powers movies we want on the on-board entertainment system. The best part for me is I like them both, plus the "Airplane" movies (especially the first one)

Does anybody by any chance have a request for a Stitch movie?

Hope Stitch and the monkey don't get into a fight over who steers.

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Lets get out this intergalactic map..... let's see..... if we turn off the auto pilot..... and turn here at this starry thing......... O.K. does anybody know where we are ? How about you Diane ? :D

Yeah, we're headed for the second star to the right, or was that the fourth star? Hmmm... wish I would've paid more attention in Geography class or would that be astronomy class? :confused:

Oh no........ do you think I ought to bail out now ? :D

It's already been determined that no one can bail out due to the stack of cookie cases blocking the escape hatch.... but don't worry.. with Alex on board those cases shouldn't last longer than a day or two...

I knew I liked you too. When are you going camping again ?

Now I don't like you anymore!

Didn't I warn you Pogo not to mention the "C" word around Christine? Yep, he sure does fit in.. just like the other JQ guys - won't listen to any advice that us females give them...

Will they ever learn?

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Does anybody by any chance have a request for a Stitch movie?

:here::here::here: Me!!! Me!!!! Since we are watching ALL the Star War movies and ALL the Austin Powers movies - let's also watch ALL the Stitch movies!!! I'll even make coffee and coconut cake in his honor! Any other movie/sequel requests?

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome aboard Pogo. Stick around, I need another old guy to help me keep all these young'uns in line. (They tend to pout and such, you know.)
Thanks Skipper..... I'll do my best. did you call ,e an :old: guy ? :(

Didn't I warn you Pogo not to mention the "C" word around Christine? Yep, he sure does fit in.. just like the other JQ guys - won't listen to any advice that us females give them...

Will they ever learn?

I hope not ! :D What's there to learn, anyways ? :D

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Any other movie/sequel requests?
Please don't hate me for this one..... but do we really have to watch any Stitch movies ? :D

pogo
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
oops........ does anybody hear my DW calling me ? I think I have to run :bolt: See you all later. :wave: :D

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 03:45 PM
Please don't hate me for this one..... but do we really have to watch any Stitch movies ? :D

Them thar's fighting words :boxing:... it's gonna be a looooonnnnnggggggg space flight for you mister with TWO JQ babes already not speaking to you! We'll sit you by Alex and after being around his pressurized gas you won't even notice what movie is playing! :D

Is my question floating around the ceiling?

Dsnygirl
06-20-2007, 04:18 PM
STITCH is!!!! (hey - others got Capt. Jack and Will last thread so it's my Stitchie pooh this thread!)

Not at all!! I LOVE Stitch!! :stitch2: I think I left tread marks in AK when I saw him...

:funny: :rotfl: :laughing:

Hey now!! I've never used :humph: since I climbed on board!! (Okay, I just did, but that doesn't count... :blush:)
Pogo, don't listen to him... we are all very rationale, sane, mature adults here!! :fit:

Me!!! Me!!!! Since we are watching ALL the Star War movies and ALL the Austin Powers movies - let's also watch ALL the Stitch movies!!! I'll even make coffee and coconut cake in his honor! Any other movie/sequel requests?
Diane, I'll bring the popcorn - I'm right there with you!! Bring on the Stitch Marathon!!
(Okay - I'll do "Airplane", too... but do we HAVE to do Austin Powers?? Aren't we in space? Can't we just leave the Star Wars movies on automatic playback mode?? :chewy:)

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 04:48 PM
Not at all!! I LOVE Stitch!! :stitch2: I think I left tread marks in AK when I saw him...

Diane, I'll bring the popcorn - I'm right there with you!! Bring on the Stitch Marathon!!
(Okay - I'll do "Airplane", too... but do we HAVE to do Austin Powers?? Aren't we in space? Can't we just leave the Star Wars movies on automatic playback mode?? :chewy:)

:D I pulled my poor sister's arm out of socket every time I saw him! Poor thing...

I agree... what does Austin Powers have to do with space? How about watching Space Balls?

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Thanks Skipper..... I'll do my best. did you call ,e an :old: guy ? :(

Well, I am a few months older than you. [Whispers--watch out for the Babes here, they'll hang you out to dry in a heartbeat.]

Heeeeeey. How are all my favorite Babes today? Decompressing well I hope (notice I didn't say decomposing). Everybody got enough Tang? Or is everybody too young to remember Tang?

You know this reminds me of the time Buck Rogers and I took off for galaxy no. 10237...(or am I thinking of my old Ford Galaxy. I get so easily confused these days.)

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh no........ do you think I ought to bail out now ? :D

Don't bail out now!
If you wish you do a space walk we will have to tether you to the steering mechanism. Is that ok with you?

pjbs35a
06-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Frankie was supposed to check with mission control before he left.

What happened ???
I take a short two day trip to De Lisle, Mississippi and you guys leave the country ???

Dsnygirl
06-20-2007, 08:31 PM
Heeeeeey. How are all my favorite Babes today? Decompressing well I hope (notice I didn't say decomposing).

Everybody got enough Tang? Or is everybody too young to remember Tang?

Nice try, oh "older and wiser JQ man" but I grew up on Tang (have to say, it sounds a little good right now... scarey....)
As for the favorite Babes part... now we KNOW you've had too much space air!! :D Sending some oxygen your way... wouldn't want YOU to start decomposing...

What happened ???
I take a short two day trip to De Lisle, Mississippi and you guys leave the country ???
I believe we actually left the planet - glad to see you made it!! Can you help Stitch fly this thing??

How's everyone's Wednesday ending? Where'd Pogo and Christine go? Heck, where'd EVERYBODY go??? Did the aliens get you all?? :alien:

pjbs35a
06-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I believe we actually left the planet - glad to see you made it!! Can you help Stitch fly this thing??

How's everyone's Wednesday ending? Where'd Pogo and Christine go? Heck, where'd EVERYBODY go??? Did the aliens get you all?? :alien:

Isn't leaving the planet, leaving the country ???

What do you mean HELP fly this thing ??? I AM flying this thing !!!

Today is Wednesday ??? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

pogo
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
Don't bail out now!
If you wish you do a space walk we will have to tether you to the steering mechanism. Is that ok with you?
What do you mean by tether........ is that like tying me up and dragging me ?:confused:

Nope....... what would an alien want with me ? I had to go the the rear of the ship and try to find Stitch....... anybody see him around ? :D

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
What do you mean by tether........ is that like tying me up and dragging me ?:confused:

One man's tether is another man's kid leash--right?:blush:

pogo
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
One man's tether is another man's kid leash--right?:blush:

Can I ask just one more question ? Will you be gentile with me ? :blush: I've never been tethered before. :D

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Isn't leaving the planet, leaving the country ???
I just had a thought. Does anybody know what time zone you're in when you go into outer space? Or does the time/space continuum get so warped that you're not aware of time anymore? Or is it always lunchtime? And how do you know how long to bake the cookies?

Oh, and Nat, I bet 'float' really gets to be a problem out here, eh?

Dsnygirl
06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
I just had a thought. Does anybody know what time zone you're in when you go into outer space? Or does the time/space continuum get so warped that you're not aware of time anymore? Or is it always lunchtime? And how do you know how long to bake the cookies?

I'll take the quote "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" and let that be our guide... :marg:

As far as the cookies... let's put Alex in charge, he's the cookies guy... as long as he's on watch, I'm sure they'll never get burned, always be moist and... well... then again, there'll probably never be any left, either. ;)

Okay - gotta float off to bed now - just got done watching part of "Ocean's Twelve", in preparation for seeing "Ocean's Thirteen". I just LOVE those movies... of course, it helps that George is in them... :blush: ... anybody agree?? (Yes, that's my question for the night...)

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 10:56 PM
I'll take the quote "it's 5 o'clock somewhere" and let that be our guide... :marg:
I see no reason to refute that. Appears to be scientifically sound to me. All in favor?

pogo
06-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I see no reason to refute that. Appears to be scientifically sound to me. All in favor?

Is it OK for me to second this, Skipper ? :D

pogo
06-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Okay - gotta float off to bed now - just got done watching part of "Ocean's Twelve", in preparation for seeing "Ocean's Thirteen". I just LOVE those movies... of course, it helps that George is in them... :blush: ... anybody agree?? (Yes, that's my question for the night...)
He's not my type but........ I think all the ladies love him, don't they ?

Good night, sweet dreams, neighbor. :D

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
Can I ask just one more question ? Will you be gentile with me ? :blush: I've never been tethered before. :D

Am I going to have to call for reinforcements?

Ladies, What did we do with tht Nair a couple of missions ago?

ElenitaB
06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
:here::here::here: Me!!! Me!!!! Since we are watching ALL the Star War movies and ALL the Austin Powers movies - let's also watch ALL the Stitch movies!!! I'll even make coffee and coconut cake in his honor! Any other movie/sequel requests?
There are certain pirate movies that I wouldn't mind seeing again (and again and again).

Heeeeeey. How are all my favorite Babes today? Decompressing well I hope (notice I didn't say decomposing). Everybody got enough Tang? Or is everybody too young to remember Tang?
Would you believe that I just finished working a little while ago? I really want to turn in my intranet redesign before the end of the month so I'm busy, busy, busy (but not decomposing).

I remember Tang... the fun part was to make it when my mom wasn't in the kitchen and we could make it doubly strong. :tasty:

Family friendly site, young man! BTW, welcome! No one, however, has told you that the new kid has to keep the rest of us supplied with cookies for a while, so fire up that oven (maybe you can rig up something to the afterburners). We like biscotti, cannoli, rugelach, chocolate chip (in all their variations), buckeyes, baklava, etc.

Here here!

Aye!

So did Mikki make it to the races today? Do we have a telescope on this thing? Frankie, do we have spy cameras?

Now that we're on a space mission, Sandy should feel right at home. :D

I will publicly confess that I have never seen an Austin Powers movie, so I guess I'll pull up a seat and enjoy the in-flight entertainment. (Any chance we can get the Robot Chicken Star Wars special piped up here too? It was hysterical.)

drummerboy
06-20-2007, 11:58 PM
So did Mikki make it to the races today? Do we have a telescope on this thing? Frankie, do we have spy cameras?
Last I checked, Figaro was leading the pack in the third race.

Anybody seen the instigator of the new thread? Rhonda's MIA so far.

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Anybody seen the instigator of the new thread? Rhonda's MIA so far.

Holy Cannoli! I had no idea we'd go so far, so fast! :whew: Shouldn't Sandy (Blast Off Babe) feel right at home now? And, should we call her Bob for short now? ;)

Do ya'll want to stop by?:mickey:

Of course! But, I think we may have overshot your house by just a wee bit (about 3 or 4 lightyears or so :eek: ).

Are you and Christine related? And, by the way, welcome to Just Questions! :hi:

I remember Tang... the fun part was to make it when my mom wasn't in the kitchen and we could make it doubly strong. :tasty:

Or better yet, eat a big spoonful of it straight out of the jar. :blush:

pjbs35a
06-21-2007, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenitaB

"In the company" we don't call them cameras; How does observational devises sound ???

alpro2
06-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Think of it as a "welcome aboard" salute to you, Pogo!

As far as the cookies... let's put Alex in charge, he's the cookies guy... as long as he's on watch, I'm sure they'll never get burned, always be moist and... well... then again, there'll probably never be any left, either. ;)

yeah, yeah, yeah...put me in charge. They will be so moist, they may not even make it into the oven. Cookie dough....mmmmmm!

So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team). Anybody want to celebrate with me? :marg: and Root :beer: Floats for everyone!

pogo
06-21-2007, 07:33 AM
Good morning everyone....... how's it going this morning ?

Are you and Christine related? And, by the way, welcome to Just Questions! :hi:

Are we related ? No way... we both just have great taste in movies. :D

So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team).

:congrats: I miss those years. Now I don't have to be someplace every night untill dark. Thanks for the salute..... I think. :D

drummerboy
06-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Hey, congratulations Alex. So where are you going to go to celebrate? :mickey:

Namine'
06-21-2007, 08:20 AM
[QUOTE=alpro2;1328755
So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team). Anybody want to celebrate with me? :marg: and Root :beer: Floats for everyone![/QUOTE]

:fworks::congrats::fworks: to you and your team! Great going!
So where is the party? I'll bring the cake.:mickey:
Do you think they should rethink the cookie thing? :D

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Happy morning everyone! Someone's birthday today here in the office so she brought in bagels and flavored cream cheeses... I've snagged a bunch for everyone....

Everybody got enough Tang? Or is everybody too young to remember Tang?

Believe it or not - I have some Tang at home right now.. I make a fruit salad that uses Tang in it as a dressing (mix it with pudding mix and pineapple juice)

Heck, where'd EVERYBODY go??? Did the aliens get you all??

I had to go the the rear of the ship and try to find Stitch....... anybody see him around ?

Sorry - me and Stitch stepped away for a moment... He needed his daily coffee and coconut cake fix...I believe the monkey was steering the ship while we were away.. or was that Alex sitting in the driver's seat? :D

And how do you know how long to bake the cookies?

Until you smell them burning?

Ladies, What did we do with tht Nair a couple of missions ago?

We're out of Nair, but I believe we still have some Hot wax.. would that work? Or I know we have a few sets of tweezers....:

There are certain pirate movies that I wouldn't mind seeing again (and again and again).

Family friendly site, young man! BTW, welcome! No one, however, has told you that the new kid has to keep the rest of us supplied with cookies for a while, so fire up that oven (maybe you can rig up something to the afterburners). We like biscotti, cannoli, rugelach, chocolate chip (in all their variations), buckeyes, baklava, etc.

I will publicly confess that I have never seen an Austin Powers movie, so I guess I'll pull up a seat and enjoy the in-flight entertainment. (Any chance we can get the Robot Chicken Star Wars special piped up here too? It was hysterical.)

Wow, I sure hope this will be a long voyage with all the movies we need to view!

Oh! Don't forget the sugar free cookies! And dip the ends of the cannoli into chocolate for me please!

Last I checked, Figaro was leading the pack in the third race.

Hmmm.. but I heard Pinochio ended up winning the third race by a nose! :D

So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team). Anybody want to celebrate with me? :marg: and Root :beer: Floats for everyone!

Congrats on the win! I bet your DS and you are tickled pink (:laughing:) with the win! May I have a root :beer: float please?

Dsnygirl
06-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Good morning, everyone! Hey, neighbor! :hi: glad to see you're still with us! Wow - I think sleeping in space suits me - I slept great last night! What's everyone up to today??

:D - we used to do the same thing!!

So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team). Anybody want to celebrate with me? :marg: and Root Beer Floats for everyone!
Congrats, Alex - that's great!! I'll take a root beer float w/ lunch today, if that's okay... how are those cookies coming along??

Are we related ? No way... we both just have great taste in movies.

:stop: :shake: ;)

Where's the rest of the crew this morning? Did everyone take a day of from work?? :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-21-2007, 09:20 AM
Jenn, I'm sorry you're not getting a trip to Germany... but I'm glad we'll still get to meet in October! I am honestly not heartbroken. It would have been a great inexpensive way to take the kids over to where their Opa comes from... but I was looking forward to meeting so many of you, that I think I would have been REAAALLLLY disappointed if I had to cancel the trip. :hug:

Aren't we in space? Can't we just leave the Star Wars movies on automatic playback mode?? )Rated #13 by the AFI thank you very much! Where was my fellow Scarberian (Mike Meyers) on that list Ms. Christine?;)

You know this reminds me of the time Buck Rogers and I took off for galaxy no. 10237..Actually, Buck did a large portion of my training at the Academy....He's a great guy.

I just had a thought. Does anybody know what time zone you're in when you go into outer space? All that matters is that you are "In the ZONE". The rest is space fluff...

So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team). Anybody want to celebrate with me? :marg: and Root :beer: Floats for everyone!Congratulations to all the guys Alex! They must be so proud!!

Are we related ? No way... we both just have great taste in movies. :DJust how many Cousins do you have exactly, Cousin?

So where is the party? I'll bring the cake.:mickey:
Do you think they should rethink the cookie thing? :DThe party is at my place on Friday night to watch all 6 Star Wars Episodes (we actually have all the Clone Wars cartoons as well for anyone who is interested....????). Please bring the cake, but cookies are a necessity. The gas that Alex uses to fuel this RV depends on them. :D

Happy Thursday everyone! I have today off -- and I am not at school -- Euan and I are just hanging at home this morning... I haven't done this in many many months.

Riri529
06-21-2007, 09:43 AM

yeah, yeah, yeah...put me in charge. They will be so moist, they may not even make it into the oven. Cookie dough....mmmmmm!

Alex, Congratulations. With a coach like you, how could they lose? I'm certainly up for the :marg:, but no cake or cookies. You know, it is bathing suit season, and I like to use my calories and carbs wisely.

Now about that Star Wars party....How are we getting Christine there? Was it the threat of the Star Wars Camp if she did not get up to speed with her Star Wars knowledge?:yoda:Christine, enjoy the movies you will.

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm working at home until the city inspector comes to inspect our air conditioner. :rolleyes: My hubby is an inspector for the neighboring city, and if someone calls and asks him for a specific time so they can be home, he always accommodates. But, not my city. :wait:

What kind of dehydrated food are we having for lunch on the spaceship today?

Riri529
06-21-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm working at home until the city inspector comes to inspect our air conditioner. :rolleyes: My hubby is an inspector for the neighboring city, and if someone calls and asks him for a specific time so they can be home, he always accommodates. But, not my city. :wait:

Dehydrated biscotti and dehydrated :marg: of course!!
So what do you think the chances are that the inspector will come before noon?

Dsnygirl
06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Rated #13 by the AFI thank you very much!
The party is at my place on Friday night to watch all 6 Star Wars Episodes (we actually have all the Clone Wars cartoons as well for anyone who is interested....????).
Happy Thursday everyone! I have today off -- and I am not at school -- Euan and I are just hanging at home this morning... I haven't done this in many many months.
So, between my continuous playback loop of Star Wars, and your party Friday, we ought to really have Christine & Pogo taught well, shouldn't we?? :yoda: (Notice - we haven't heard from Christine yet... she must be hiding somewhere, trying to avoid the TV screens...:hide: :hide2:)

Have a fun day at home - hope you really enjoy your day off with Euan!!

I'm not too sure about this whole dehydrated food thing - anybody have any Starbucks on board?? I could go for a latte this morning...

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 10:11 AM

I know Ken stocked up on Tang before we left! Will that do?

Are we taking bets? I call dibs on the 1:00 hour!

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm not too sure about this whole dehydrated food thing - anybody have any Starbucks on board?? I could go for a latte this morning...

I know that Bruegger's Bagels is giving away free iced (I think the reporter said iced) coffee this morning. French Vanilla or Raspberry flavored. Hmmm... is Bruegger's Bagels a local place or is it a chain? I'm sure I can talk Stitch into pulling the spaceship thru their drive thru!

Dsnygirl
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I know that Bruegger's Bagels is giving away free iced (I think the reporter said iced) coffee this morning. French Vanilla or Raspberry flavored. Hmmm... is Bruegger's Bagels a local place or is it a chain? I'm sure I can talk Stitch into pulling the spaceship thru their drive thru!
I believe it's a chain, as we've got them here too - we should DEFINITELY make a stop!! Give Stitch a big hug for that! :stitch2: :hug:

Anybody have any tips for making strawberry jam? We might go picking today or tomorrow...

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Dehydrated biscotti and dehydrated :marg: of course!!

Surprisingly, he's already come and left. Unfortunately, he failed it. Now, they'll have to come back to fix it (which means I'll have to be here to let them in the attic), and then he'll have to come back to inspect it again (which means I'll have to be here to let him in the attic). Don't these people realize that I've got work to do? :mad:

Well, I'm off to the office now. Have a lovely day everyone!

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 10:45 AM
I believe it's a chain, as we've got them here too - we should DEFINITELY make a stop!! Give Stitch a big hug for that! :stitch2: :hug:

Anybody have any tips for making strawberry jam? We might go picking today or tomorrow...

I'll GLADLY give my Stitchie Poo a big hug for you! AFTER we stop for that iced coffee - the raspberry sounds quite yummy!

Hmmm.. making strawberry jam? Maybe if you give the strawberries a guitar :rocker:, a drum:drummer:, a piano :piano: and a trumpet :play: that would mke them jam for you! :D (sorry - couldn't resist!)

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Surprisingly, he's already come and left. Unfortunately, he failed it. Now, they'll have to come back to fix it (which means I'll have to be here to let them in the attic), and then he'll have to come back to inspect it again (which means I'll have to be here to let him in the attic). Don't these people realize that I've got work to do? :mad:

:hug: Sorry to hear that this is gonna be a repeat performance for you. Do you want me to come and kick his tires for you?

offwego
06-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Did everybody find their size in our new DDPI Liederhosen spacesuits? Just for Nat, we've got designer space boots as well. Are they made by a guy named Jimmy perchance?

Ok..... so what constitutes a question ? :confused: :D Just about anything!!

What happened ???
You do know this thread is often international right?

You expect all of us to use good manners? How is that going to help exactly?

Oh, and Nat, I bet 'float' really gets to be a problem out here, eh?
"float" is not so much an issue here as it is in the USA. With only 5 major banks (and not so many itty bitty ones) clearing is normally a max of 2 days and 9 times out of 10 1day).

So way simpler than you might think...oh and Ken apparently your the only one who was looking for me yesterday so I have some super deluxe cake for you...and health food for everyone else.

Riri529
06-21-2007, 11:25 AM

Rhonda,
Isn't that par for the course? Try to enjoy the rest of your day, even if it is at the office.
I have 3 reports and tons of billing to do. What do you think the chances are that I will complete this work today? I wish I could call in :ill: but since I'm self-employed, I think my boss will know!I guess between parties and well visits to the Dr. I will have to fit some of it in.
Hope everybody is enjoying this beautiful day!

disneydeb
06-21-2007, 11:29 AM

:thumbsup:Congratulations to the coach and his team!:muscles::high5:

Are you going to coach our spaceball team here?

Christine
06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, you are a bit pouty aren't you?
No! :pout: ...wait...

but do we HAVE to do Austin Powers?? Aren't we in space?

I agree... what does Austin Powers have to do with space?

Ummm, hello! Dr. Evil was crogenically frozen and sent into space for years in the rear end of a Shoney's Big Boy! And have you forgotten the Alan Parson's Project to shoot a giant "laser" from space to blow up major cities around the globe? Geesh! :rolleyes:

What do you mean by tether........ is that like tying me up and dragging me?

See! I told ya! It's all because you didn't ask a question that time!

I will publicly confess that I have never seen an Austin Powers movie, so I guess I'll pull up a seat and enjoy the in-flight entertainment.

Ellen, I am so glad you're open minded enough to try something new. ...wait...

I mean, it's fine for YOU, but I already KNOW I won't like Star Wars!

So, we won the championship last night (for those with a short memory span - I manage my youngest DS's LL team).

Hey, what short memory span are you referring to?? Oh and congratulations...you have a son?

Hmmm.. but I heard Pinochio ended up winning the third race by a nose!

Oh Di...oh my oh my oh my! (pulling up the [more] smilies box...looking for one holding his nose!)

Rated #13 by the AFI thank you very much! Where was my fellow Scarberian (Mike Meyers) on that list Ms. Christine?

Why would he want to be on the a list of America's Film Idiots? :stir:

Now about that Star Wars party....How are we getting Christine there? Was it the threat of the Star Wars Camp if she did not get up to speed with her Star Wars knowledge?Christine, enjoy the movies you will.

I'm not coming :nope: I have to wash my hair that night!

So, between my continuous playback loop of Star Wars, and your party Friday, we ought to really have Christine & Pogo taught well, shouldn't we?? (Notice - we haven't heard from Christine yet... she must be hiding somewhere, trying to avoid the TV screens)

I'm not hiding...definitely not hiding with a razor blade to scratch up some DVD's...yeah, I'm definitely not doing that! :blush:

marlyn
06-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Alright....I just finally get my sea legs and you blast us off into space? Should I mention that Mission Space made me feel :sick: ?

How is everyone's week going? I have hurt my back. Unfortunately I have a bad back (curse of being a nurse I am afraid). Anyhow, today it is particularly sore :(

Tomorrow is the grad ceremony for my boys (grad from elementary school as we go into middle school next year for grade 7). Anyhow, I got a call from the school to tell me to bring my camera as there would be an award. I am pretty sure it will be athlete of the year as I know the boys were being considered for that. Now the question in my mind is...will it be a tie? It will be very hard to pick between the two. They are so equal. In last 3 years no one from any school has beaten them in a cross country race. As well as track they were also on school soccer team, basketball team, floor hockey team and volleyball team. I can't honestly say that one outshines the other. If it's not a tie I may have a little heart to mend. Hazards of twins. It would be simpler if one was into athletics and the other into music or something.

Dsnygirl
06-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Hmmm.. making strawberry jam? Maybe if you give the strawberries a guitar :rocker:, a drum:drummer:, a piano and a trumpet that would mke them jam for you! :D (sorry - couldn't resist!)
:D :funny:

Why would he want to be on the a list of America's Film Idiots?

I believe that actually stands for Amazing Films Inventory ... well, maybe not, but it WOULD explain quite a bit about why the American Film Institute failed to add "certain" films and cast members... not quite able to stand up to Chewbacca's type of fame... :chewy: Savvy? :D

Alright....I just finally get my sea legs and you blast us off into space? Should I mention that Mission Space made me feel ?

How is everyone's week going? I have hurt my back. Unfortunately I have a bad back (curse of being a nurse I am afraid). Anyhow, today it is particularly sore
Sorry to hear you hurt your back... sending some pixie dust your way!! Maybe the weightlessness up here will help... if you're not :sick: from the flight...

Early congrats on your boys' graduation tomorrow... hopefully, they'll do an award for each of them - I would think they'd realize how hard it would be to separate one out from the other in this type of situation. Good luck!!

pogo
06-21-2007, 12:20 PM
Just how many Cousins do you have exactly, Cousin?
How many do I need ?

:hi:Euan..... Patti and I miss you !

We're out of Nair, but I believe we still have some Hot wax.. would that work? Or I know we have a few sets of tweezers....:

Yikes...... what are you going to do with the tweezers ? :scared:

So, between my continuous playback loop of Star Wars, and your party Friday, we ought to really have Christine & Pogo taught well, shouldn't we?? :yoda:
I'm a little hard to teach anything to. Can't speak for Christine.

No! :pout: ...wait...

Ummm, hello! Dr. Evil was crogenically frozen and sent into space for years in the rear end of a Shoney's Big Boy! And have you forgotten the Alan Parson's Project to shoot a giant "laser" from space to blow up major cities around the globe? Geesh! :rolleyes:

See! I told ya! It's all because you didn't ask a question that time!

But it was my first time as a stow away..... what was I supposed to do ........ go camping instead ? :D

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 12:50 PM
So way simpler than you might think...oh and Ken apparently your the only one who was looking for me yesterday so I have some super deluxe cake for you...and health food for everyone else.

Hey! We were busy packing and loading the spaceship... with all the cookie cases Alex wanted to bring it was kinda hard to do a true headcount.. sorry we missed you!

Are you going to coach our spaceball team here?

:D Yeah, Alex is ALWAYS the head spaceball around here!

I'm not coming :nope: I have to wash my hair that night!

don't you know you can't wash your hair in space? Something about the lack of gravity not allowing the water to flow correctly....

How is everyone's week going? I have hurt my back. Unfortunately I have a bad back (curse of being a nurse I am afraid). Anyhow, today it is particularly sore :(

Tomorrow is the grad ceremony for my boys (grad from elementary school as we go into middle school next year for grade 7). Anyhow, I got a call from the school to tell me to bring my camera as there would be an award. I am pretty sure it will be athlete of the year as I know the boys were being considered for that. Now the question in my mind is...will it be a tie? It will be very hard to pick between the two. They are so equal. In last 3 years no one from any school has beaten them in a cross country race. As well as track they were also on school soccer team, basketball team, floor hockey team and volleyball team. I can't honestly say that one outshines the other. If it's not a tie I may have a little heart to mend. Hazards of twins. It would be simpler if one was into athletics and the other into music or something.

Sorry to hear about your back! Hope you heal quickly... have you tried the new Exedrine Back and Body pills? Early congrats to your boys! That is so awesome! Do I see some gold medals in their futures?

Yikes...... what are you going to do with the tweezers ? :scared:

But it was my first time as a stow away..... what was I supposed to do ........ go camping instead ? :D

(holding tweezers out to Christine)...do you want to show him or should I?

pogo
06-21-2007, 12:59 PM
Ladies......... will it help if I do this ? :giveup:

I'm trying to be good. :fingers:

Do they play :golf: in space ?

Boy.... I bet I could hit it a mile up here. :D

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 01:15 PM
Do they play :golf: in space ?

Boy.... I bet I could hit it a mile up here. :D

Only if you use pink golf balls! But how would you keep the ball on the tee?

Christine
06-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Ladies......... will it help if I do this ? :giveup:

It won't hurt...

But this will! :thedolls:

Just go ask Jasper what we do to smart-Alex's around here! (Don't bother asking Alex...we don't pick on anyone in pink!)

Lynne, sorry you're down in your back. Boy do I know that feeling! Have you ever tried 3 ibuprofen? That's what my ortho doc told me to do. It's the same as the super ibuprofen they give you at the dentist and I am telling you, it works wonders for me (you can only take this dosage 1-2 times a day).

Let us know about the awards ceremony! How exciting (yet sticky) this could be!

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow.. what happened to this thread? It was moving along so well... are all the computer keyboards floating around the ceiling and no one can reach them? Is everybody spaceship sick? I've been making Stitch gargle with Scope so I KNOW it's not his chili dog breath...

offwego
06-21-2007, 04:38 PM
Wow.. what happened to this thread? It was moving along so well... are all the computer keyboards floating around the ceiling and no one can reach them? Is everybody spaceship sick? I've been making Stitch gargle with Scope so I KNOW it's not his chili dog breath...

Since everyone else is laughing..I'm going fishing tommorow with one of my clients. Commercial net fishing. Any shoe suggestions?

disneydrmr
06-21-2007, 04:48 PM
Since everyone else is laughing..I'm going fishing tommorow with one of my clients. Commercial net fishing. Any shoe suggestions?

Rubber boots? Galoshes? Nothing open toed - don't want fish slime and guts on your feet... Heels might not be a good idea either.. too easy to loose your balance and fall overboard... have fun! I wanna hear all about it!

Riri529
06-21-2007, 05:18 PM
:rotfl:
:sail::haha::eek:
Shoe suggestions???? Please fill us in when you find footwear that meets both your fashion and function standards!

offwego
06-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Rubber boots? Galoshes? Nothing open toed - don't want fish slime and guts on your feet... Heels might not be a good idea either.. too easy to loose your balance and fall overboard... have fun! I wanna hear all about it!

:rotfl:
:sail::haha::eek:
Shoe suggestions???? Please fill us in when you find footwear that meets both your fashion and function standards!

I'm thinking blue sneakers. Won't that go with the water?

Funny how everyone is worried about this. My client did ask me not to wear a skirt though. (I normally were skirts more then pantsuits I'm to short to find pants that fit right to often and I need a regular jacket not a petite go figure).

Trust me my collegues are killing themselves over this one too. At least my pedicure is right..cajun shrimp.

dlpmikki
06-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I am officially upset with Ken! This is the second time he has tried to hide the Black Pearl while I am away for a couple of days! :mad: Luckily the Queen was willing to lend me her personal space rocket to catch you up with!

I made it to the races in the end despite them cancelling my train the next morning as well. I went to another station further away and managed to get a train that got me there in time.

Figaro did not run in any of the races but I suspect he would have done better than any of the horses I backed! :D

So did I miss much (apart from the rocket?)

offwego
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Figaro did not run in any of the races but I suspect he would have done better than any of the horses I backed! :D

Apparently Wills now has an extra pile of money to buy you an extra rocket should you need one. I think there was something about movie marathons. Have you seen star wars or austin powers?

If not there are two different recovery programs being offered.

disneydeb
06-21-2007, 06:37 PM

Beware the crocs! :D

Shoe shopping sound like a great idea! Ken, can I use your credit card?

marlyn
06-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Did someone mention shoe shopping? :D :D

Thanks for th epixie dust guys. My back feels a bit better already. :)

I think I am getting used to this rocket ship now, except I think the gyros on my space suit won't work. I keep tipping upside down. Thank goodness I opted for pants and not a dress. :blush:

trackbarroness
06-21-2007, 07:45 PM
Okay who piled cases of cookies around me that I had to umm move aside to escape from? :cool: The blast off was awesome I loved it. :thumbsup: Mission Space I like that ride. :thumbsup: Anyone want to ride ToT with me?

Nascfan
06-21-2007, 07:54 PM
We have cases of cookies? How did they pass Alex and my...um, inspection? Yeah, that's it, inspection. :tasty:

I'll pass on ToT, but gladly ride Mission Space with you.

trackbarroness
06-21-2007, 08:04 PM
We have cases of cookies? How did they pass Alex and my...um, inspection? Yeah, that's it, inspection. :tasty:

I'll pass on ToT, but gladly ride Mission Space with you.

You didn't notice the cookie cases to be um prepared yet? Let's get baking on some cookies dude.
Awesome all righty then, anyone else willing to ride Mission Space with us? :cool: :thumbsup:

marlyn
06-21-2007, 09:24 PM
Awesome all righty then, anyone else willing to ride Mission Space with us? :cool: :thumbsup:

Yeah, ummm, well.......No :sick:

Can I offer to bake the cookies while you all ride?

pogo
06-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Helllllllllllllll00000000000000 !

Anybody here ? :confused:

Look at that....... I go and play a little space :golf: and everybody leaves.

Did Christine scare everybody away with the tweezers ? :D

marlyn
06-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Not everybody left. :mickey:

How was golf? Were you able to find your ball or did it just float away into space? That zero gravity could really hamper your game. :golf:

drummerboy
06-21-2007, 09:48 PM
1. I am officially upset with Ken! This is the second time he has tried to hide the Black Pearl while I am away for a couple of days! :mad: Luckily the Queen was willing to lend me her personal space rocket to catch you up with!

2. Figaro did not run in any of the races but I suspect he would have done better than any of the horses I backed! :D

1. She's nice like that, you know? If one is going to go zooping off to Ascot, one must expect to catch up with the ship when one returns, be it a sea ship or a space ship.

2. We were sure we saw Figaro leading the field in the third race when we looked through our super-duper high power telescope that Frankie brought. Although, now that I think of it, the contraption did look a lot like a 3-D viewer thingy.

Shoe shopping sound like a great idea! Ken, can I use your credit card?Sure. Just ignore Frankie's name on it. that's some kind of mistake. You know how those banks can be. [Realizes he just lost the points he'd built up with Banker Babe, offers use of his LL Bean 'Bean Boots'.]

I think I am getting used to this rocket ship now, except I keep tipping upside down.
Shipboard rules clearly state that all tips must be left on the bar face-up. Please try to stay in compliance or we will sit you next to Alex after he's had his saurkraut.

Can I offer to bake the cookies while you all ride?
You'll probably need to replace the ones they toss, yes. :sick:

marlyn
06-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Shipboard rules clearly state that all tips must be left on the bar face-up. Please try to stay in compliance or we will sit you next to Alex after he's had his saurkraut.

:sick::sick: I feel the same about saurkraut as I do about Mission Space.

You'll probably need to replace the ones they toss, yes. :sick:

Dramamine cookies anyone?

Dsnygirl
06-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Sorry - had to go check out some stables for my DD8 - her current love is horses, and we're going to start her up on some lessons. Can't wait to join her... :horse: Then it was dinner, compliments of Carrabas... do you guys have one near you? Amazing Italian food (not dehydrated, either ;)) It was yummy!!

Trust me my collegues are killing themselves over this one too. At least my pedicure is right..cajun shrimp.
The blue sneakers sound perfect... they'll mask all the fish guts, and protect your toes from all the water. :D Your pedicure is perfect, I might add... ;) ... still have the same one, too...

Anyone want to ride ToT with me?
:here: :here: Me! Me! I LOVE ToT!! Just don't get me near Mission Space... :sick:

How was everybody's night? Just finished "Ocean's Twelve"... sigh. Now to find a night to go see 13... has anybody seen it yet?

disneydeb
06-21-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the shoe expedition Ken. Frankie or whoever.
Where should I send the Thank You cookies?

pogo
06-21-2007, 10:38 PM
How was golf? Were you able to find your ball or did it just float away into space? That zero gravity could really hamper your game. :golf:
Would you believe zero gravity helped my game ?

How are the boys and your Mom and Dad ? Tell them we said, :hi:

Then it was dinner, compliments of Carrabas... do you guys have one near you? Amazing Italian food (not dehydrated, either ;)) It was yummy!!
Where is that, neighbor ? I've never heard of that. :blush:

How was everybody's night? Just finished "Ocean's Twelve"... sigh. Now to find a night to go see 13... has anybody seen it yet? Another date with George ? :D

drummerboy
06-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Then it was dinner, compliments of Carrabas... do you guys have one near you?
We have a Carrabas about 45 minutes away, so we get there every once in a while.

Everybody ready for Friday? I think we're going to have a short landing on Mars for some space golf. We can't use the pink golf balls though--they get lost in the red atmosphere. We'll be using day-glo yellow.

Beast_fanatic
06-21-2007, 11:33 PM
:hug: Sorry to hear that this is gonna be a repeat performance for you. Do you want me to come and kick his tires for you?

Nah, it does give me an opportunity to be on INTERCOT for a few minutes during the work day. :blush:

I mean, it's fine for YOU, but I already KNOW I won't like Star Wars!

Now, young lady, how do you know you won't like something when you haven't even tried it yet?

:pixie: on the way for your back!

Let us know what happens with the boys! :thumbsup:

I made it to the races in the end despite them cancelling my train the next morning as well.

Did you see the Queen?

Anyone want to ride ToT with me?

Absolutely! It's my favorite!

mtown71
06-21-2007, 11:43 PM
:hi::teleport: Hey all...just now made it aboard. I really had a window seat but I was blown out of the RV by Alex's gas. :medic: Ken, ya really need to check the safety gear before letting Stitch take over the controls.
Luckily, I found Leroy to fly me up to ya'll. So, what have I missed? I fell over when I saw that you already filled up 6 pages since yesterday.
I brought some BBQ baby back ribs, chicken wings, green beans with potatoes, corn on the cob & corn bread muffins to share.

dlpmikki
06-22-2007, 03:16 AM
Did you see the Queen?

I completely forgot to mention that! We saw her carriage processing down the track from a distance but happened to be in the right place when she left the main building and were only about 5 feet from her! She looked radiant and it was almost the highlight of the day!

How could I forget that?

ElenitaB
06-22-2007, 03:26 AM
Special back-healing :pixie: to Lynne and Jasper!

Congratulations, Alex! I'll take a root :beer: float! Sending a special batch of cannoli your way for leading your team to victory!

Oh! Don't forget the sugar free cookies! And dip the ends of the cannoli into chocolate for me please!
Di, all JQ cookies are automatically void of sugar, carbs, calories, and fat grams! And they taste wonderful!

Where's the rest of the crew this morning? Did everyone take a day of from work?? :D
I had treatment this AM and then got home at 2:55 in time to jump on a 3:00 conference call... and I worked until 1:00 am. Those steroids I get as part of my pre-meds get me wired! Eeeek... I need to get to sleep because tomorrow is DS' last day of school.

I made it to the races in the end despite them cancelling my train the next morning as well. I went to another station further away and managed to get a train that got me there in time.
Glad you got that worked out. Did you stay at your friend's or are you back home? BTW, we need pictures!

Another date with George ? :D
There could never been enough dates with George (or Capt Jack, for that matter). :cloud9:

Luckily, I found Leroy to fly me up to ya'll. So, what have I missed? I fell over when I saw that you already filled up 6 pages since yesterday.
I brought some BBQ baby back ribs, chicken wings, green beans with potatoes, corn on the cob & corn bread muffins to share.
Have we told you how much we love you lately?" Pass a platter over this way.

G'night, all... except for our night-shift nurse and Mikki. Good morning, Mikki!

dlpmikki
06-22-2007, 04:24 AM
Good morning Ellen! What are you doing up so early/late?

alpro2
06-22-2007, 06:13 AM
Please try to stay in compliance or we will sit you next to Alex after he's had his saurkraut.

I really don't think that you have to sit right next to me to benefit from the saurkraut. :D

Then it was dinner, compliments of Carrabas... do you guys have one near you? Amazing Italian food (not dehydrated, either ;)) It was yummy!!

Ummmm.....are you telling this nice little Italian boy who grew up in the Bronx that Italian food from a chain is amazing???? ;)

We can't use the pink golf balls though--they get lost in the red atmosphere. We'll be using day-glo yellow.
I see your point. I often have trouble locating bright white balls on a green surface. :mad:

drummerboy
06-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I see your point. I often have trouble locating bright white balls on a green surface. :mad:
I have the same problem--it gets lost among all the leaves and debris.

Why am I up this early, you're wondering? Dunno, I was wondering the same thing.

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Anyone want to ride ToT with me? :here: :here: Me! Me! It's our new family favourite!

Yeah, ummm, well.......No :sick:Can I offer to bake the cookies while you all ride?I'm going to help Lynne with the cookies. Mission Space makes me sick too....

Sorry - had to go check out some stables for my DD8 - her current love is horses, and we're going to start her up on some lessons. We have a stable right across the street from us Blythe -- and they are offering summer camp...and I think Julia could use my neices riding stuff (She rode when she was about 8) -- I'll set up the spare room for you!

How could I forget that?How indeed!! I just love the Queen. Was she wearing a fabulous hat?

Why am I up this early, you're wondering? Dunno, I was wondering the same thing.
It feels good though, doesn't it Ken?

Happy Friday all! I am at work, and Brian is at home shuttling the kids to and from school today.... It's cool out, but man what a nice day! :thumbsup:

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 09:11 AM
Good morning, everybody... just popping in to say hi before the girls and I head off to see my mom for awhile. How's everyone's Friday starting out??

Where is that, neighbor ? I've never heard of that.

It's in Fayetteville, right off of Rt. 481. Wanna meet us there sometime?? :)

Hey all...just now made it aboard. I really had a window seat but I was blown out of the RV by Alex's gas. Ken, ya really need to check the safety gear before letting Stitch take over the controls.
Hey!! So glad you got Leroy to drop you off - and you brought such yummy food, too!! That makes me doubley(sp?? that word just doesn't look write in print...) glad!!

I completely forgot to mention that! We saw her carriage processing down the track from a distance but happened to be in the right place when she left the main building and were only about 5 feet from her! She looked radiant and it was almost the highlight of the day!

How could I forget that?
How cool! :cool: I'd love to see her someday...

I had treatment this AM and then got home at 2:55 in time to jump on a 3:00 conference call... and I worked until 1:00 am. Those steroids I get as part of my pre-meds get me wired! Eeeek... I need to get to sleep because tomorrow is DS' last day of school.

Hi Ellen! :hi: I hope your treatment went well... and that you got enough sleep to prepare you for the summer ahead, now that school's out! :crazy: (Is there ever enough preparation for that?? I always look forward to it, and then by mid-July, I'm counting the days 'til September... :blush:)

Ummmm.....are you telling this nice little Italian boy who grew up in the Bronx that Italian food from a chain is amazing????

Umm... hmmm... yup, I guess I am... us little English girls don't know any better... :blush: Honestly, I wasn't aware it was a chain until we were leaving - it was our first time there, and the fact that they make everything fresh in the restaurant impressed us. My Dh LOVES Italian food and is pretty picky about it (for a Polish boy, that is...) and he really loved it.
Wanna come cook us some REAL stuff?? :eat:

Me! Me! It's our new family favourite!
I'm going to help Lynne with the cookies. Mission Space makes me sick too....
We have a stable right across the street from us Blythe -- and they are offering summer camp...and I think Julia could use my neices riding stuff (She rode when she was about 8) -- I'll set up the spare room for you!

I'm packing our bags... but I'll warn you, Julia may not want to leave... :D

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 09:12 AM
Good Friday morning everyone! They are having another sales meeting here today with samples so as soon as they are done I'll snag the leftovers for you guys! Not sure what it is..but it smells good!

I don't know... maybe you oughta wear some bright red sneakers - that way if you fall off the ship you will be easier to spot in the water in stead of blending in with it.

Let's see... Pogo is attempting to help Christine recover from her caming experience... Alex is personally keeping the spaceship filled with gas :D, cookies are blocking the escape hatch, Stitch and the monkey are sharing driving turns, Star Wars marathon is being offered in the movie theater, there is a small contingent wishing for an Austin Powers marathon, a Stitch movie marathon is being offered on ALL the rest of the large screen tvs on board :D.... did I miss anything?

Beware the crocs!

:funny:

I'll pass on ToT,

:chicken:

Anybody here ?

There's always somebody here or there... but I'm not sure if there's always anybody there...

2. We were sure we saw Figaro leading the field in the third race when we looked through our super-duper high power telescope that Frankie brought. Although, now that I think of it, the contraption did look a lot like a 3-D viewer thingy.

Hmmm.. I would think when he saw Monstro the whale in his lens that would've clued him in...

yep, we have a Carrabas.. I haven't tried it yet though.. we have a Johnny Carinos though that is AMAZING! Do you have one of those near you! Really good italian food! And their bread is awesome!

So, what have I missed? I fell over when I saw that you already filled up 6 pages since yesterday.

What have you missed? See above digest version...

Mmmm.... any of that food left over? Alex can have my share of cookies tonight.. I"ll take some of your real food!

How could I forget that?

How AWESOME! Did you see any other of the Royals? Like Wills or Harry?

Di, all JQ cookies are automatically void of sugar, carbs, calories, and fat grams! And they taste wonderful!

In that case - I'll take a couple of platters!

Ummmm.....are you telling this nice little Italian boy who grew up in the Bronx that Italian food from a chain is amazing????

Yes, that is exactly what you are being told.. this little italian girl who grew up in Ohio is also telling you that Italian food from a chain can be amazing.. just depends on the chain... (Olive Garden is good, but NOT amazing...) Next time you come to my area Deb and I will show you around and take you to a few good places to eat! (including Gold Star Chili for some AMAZING chili spaghetti!)

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Wanna come cook us some REAL stuff?? :eat:

If you are ever in my area stop by and I'll cook up a pot of my homemade spaghetti sauce! It's my grandma's recipe. She came over on a boat from the Naples Italy area. Then I'll take you to a local Italian restaurant owned by my cousins... yep! even in small town Ohio you can experience REAL Italian food!

Anyone else wanna come?

mtown71
06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Those steroids I get as part of my pre-meds get me wired! Eeeek... I need to get to sleep because tomorrow is DS' last day of school.

Have we told you how much we love you lately?" Pass a platter over this way.
Sorry to hear that you are wired...since you have so much energy, want to come over & do my laundry & sweep my floors? ;) Hope DS enjoys last day of school!
I love ya'll too. Eat as much as you want! Did I mention that I also snagged the strawberry cake?

Ummmm.....are you telling this nice little Italian boy who grew up in the Bronx that Italian food from a chain is amazing???? ;)
Have you ever heard of Johnny Carinos? It actually serves pretty decent Italian food. (& I am very picky about lasagna...only would eat my grandma's!) I agree...nothing is as good as homemade!

Happy Friday all! I am at work, and Brian is at home shuttling the kids to and from school today.... It's cool out, but man what a nice day! :thumbsup:

Happy Friday to you too! All I can say is TGIF!!! I just have to get through today at work & it is supposed to be a bad day! On top of that, we have thunderstorms. UGH...

mtown71
06-22-2007, 09:26 AM
If you are ever in my area stop by and I'll cook up a pot of my homemade spaghetti sauce! It's my grandma's recipe. She came over on a boat from the Naples Italy area. Then I'll take you to a local Italian restaurant owned by my cousins... yep! even in small town Ohio you can experience REAL Italian food!

Anyone else wanna come?

Grandma was from Salzar Pina. I will admit, Di makes good sauce...just don't let her make tacos for you...right, Di?
Anyone else really hungry now?

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2007, 09:59 AM

Anyone else wanna come? :here: I do! I love good Italian food -- but have rarely found it eating out... You will need to share your recipe with me.... I make a lot of sauce!

Grandma was from Salzar Pina. I will admit, Di makes good sauce...just don't let her make tacos for you...right, Di?
Anyone else really hungry now?I'll make the tacos. I made 12 or 15 litres of Salsa last summer! We always have turkey tacos, will they do?

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 10:20 AM
I will admit, Di makes good sauce...just don't let her make tacos for you...right, Di?
Anyone else really hungry now?

HEY! There is nothing wrong with my tacos.. I was doubling the recipe so that means the onions had to be doubled also! Geesh....

:here: I do! I love good Italian food -- but have rarely found it eating out... You will need to share your recipe with me.... I make a lot of sauce!
I'll make the tacos. I made 12 or 15 litres of Salsa last summer! We always have turkey tacos, will they do?

Next time you and your family drive thru my area let me know! I would gladly host you guys for dinner! Unfortunately I can not share the recipe with you... 'secret family recipe' and all that... Grandma would haunt me from her grave if I gave it to someone outside the family. I've had beef tacos and chicken tacos and fish tacos, but have not tried turkey ones... I'm game to try!

Hmmm... any idea why all the conversation this am seems to be food related?

Christine
06-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Now, young lady, how do you know you won't like something when you haven't even tried it yet?

I trust my instincts. The same instincts that assure me that I would not like brussel sprouts!

How could I forget that?

That is so cool! I hope you had a good time!

Hmmm... any idea why all the conversation this am seems to be food related?

I don't know, but I wish it would stop! I am trying so hard to be good right now, and all the talk of Italian and Mexican food is not helping!

Here's a WDW question (I'm too lazy to start a new post about it in the theme park forum :blush::secret:).

Why will they not put a FP machine at POTC??

marlyn
06-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Good morning ans Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend. Do you have great plans? As for me, I am working all weekend. The new job i got is mostly weekends. It is awful, but I need to just stick it out until something better comes along as I really need the money. Working mostly weekends when you are a single mom is really difficult though :(

How are the boys and your Mom and Dad ? Tell them we said, :hi:

Mom & Dad are great and so are the boys. I am heading out to their grade 6 Grad shortly. So exciting!

:pixie: on the way for your back!

Let us know what happens with the boys! :thumbsup:

Thanks, my back is feeling better than it did yesterday. I am back to work tomorrow for three 12 hr shifts, so it has to be better!

I will let you all know about the awards later today after I get back. I am nervous....and excited.

Wooohooo....welcome aboard! :eat:

Special back-healing :pixie: to Lynne and Jasper!

Thanks for my :pixie: and I am sending some for you so you get rest! :pixie:

Nascfan
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Good morning ans Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend. Do you have great plans? As for me, I am working all weekend. The new job i got is mostly weekends. It is awful, but I need to just stick it out until something better comes along as I really need the money. Working mostly weekends when you are a single mom is really difficult though :(

I have GREAT plans! My daughter comes home tomorrow night from South Caolina! :woohoo::yay:

Sorry you have to work. Hope your back is much better.

Where did I put that question? It was here just a minute ago.

Jasper
06-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Hi all!! How is everyone today?

Did you all hear the horrible news from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom at Louisville yesterday? Apparantly a teenage girl had both legs cut off just above the ankles on a ride. I don't know what the ride is called, but if you imagine a four sided tower with seats all around it and then it drops similar to Tower of Terror you will know what I am talking about. This came out on the local news last night but I haven't heard anymore about it today.

On to better topics, what does everyone have planned for the weekend? My wife has a niece getting married tomorrow so we will be wrapped up with that all day. My wife is the vocalist for the wedding so she is going to be unbearable to live with until it is over. She gets so nervous that she snaps at everyone before it is time for her to sing. Then on Sunday we are going to Illinois to purchase some rabbits for my son to show.

Hope you all have a fun weekend!

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey Lynne, Scott and Jasper! :hi:
I hope you enjoy the festivities Lynne -- and your DD's homecoming Scott -- and the wedding Jasper!

We will be going up to an open house at my DS9's summer camp on Sunday -- to familiarize him with it before he is left there for a week! He is very excited!

Why did the dog sit by the campfire?

offwego
06-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Beware the crocs! :D

They are everywhere aren't they?

Sure. Just ignore Frankie's name on it. that's some kind of mistake. You know how those banks can be. [Realizes he just lost the points he'd built up with Banker Babe, offers use of his LL Bean 'Bean Boots'.]: Did I tell you about my fraud prevention role? In credit cards?

The blue sneakers sound perfect... they'll mask all the fish guts, and protect your toes from all the water. :D Your pedicure is perfect, I might add... ;) ... still have the same one, too...
I went with white...and didn't fall off thank you very much. We caught 2100 pounds of perch

I trust my instincts. The same instincts that assure me that I would not like brussel sprouts!

Brussel sprouts are great!! I love them.

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 02:42 PM
Why did the dog sit by the campfire?

um, to listen to the ghost tails? so he could be a 'hot dog'?

Hey Jasper - wish your wife luck! I'm sure she will sing beautifully! Hey! Why not get Ken to accompany her on his drums?

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2007, 02:52 PM
I went with white...and didn't fall off thank you very much. We caught 2100 pounds of perch

Brussel sprouts are great!! I love them.Did you have perch rolls with them there Brussel sprouts? That sounds mighty tasty!! :eat: !!

um, to listen to the ghost tails? so he could be a 'hot dog'? Hot dog is the correct answer, though I prefer the ghost tails one!

offwego
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Did you have perch rolls with them there Brussel sprouts? That sounds mighty tasty!! :eat: !!
Hot dog is the correct answer, though I prefer the ghost tails one!

Lots of perch rolls down this way. Quite yummy but I normally have tarter sauce instead of the sprouts but could go either way really.

Since I'm so sleep does anyone have any spare questions?

Jasper
06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
um, to listen to the ghost tails? so he could be a 'hot dog'?

Hey Jasper - wish your wife luck! I'm sure she will sing beautifully! Hey! Why not get Ken to accompany her on his drums?

I will pass along the well wishes to my wife.

So Ken, do you think you can get the Black Pearl/RV/Spaceship to Southern Indiana before tomorrow afternoon's Mass? She is working with a very talented organist who also happens to be a long time friend so that helps a great deal. However, a few drums might liven things up a bit!! Since the church is really big (the main aisle is 110 feet long and the 14 posts that support the roof are over 50 foot high) she can always use some additional instruments to fill it out.

Jasper
06-22-2007, 03:20 PM
I forgot to ask another question. Has anyone ever heard of a style consultant by the name of Elaine Montaine (Not sure of the spelling)? There is a clothing store chain by the name of Elder-Beerman (Part of the Bon-Ton company)that happens to have a store locally and they have been running the most annoying ads featuring this Elain Montaine. They try to convince you that because this woman is some great fashion consultant that we should buy their products because she says so. The only problem is no one around here has ever heard of this woman and the ads only make the store sound snotty.

drummerboy
06-22-2007, 03:36 PM
I will pass along the well wishes to my wife.

So Ken, do you think you can get the Black Pearl/RV/Spaceship to Southern Indiana before tomorrow afternoon's Mass? She is working with a very talented organist who also happens to be a long time friend so that helps a great deal. However, a few drums might liven things up a bit!! Since the church is really big (the main aisle is 110 feet long and the 14 posts that support the roof are over 50 foot high) she can always use some additional instruments to fill it out.
Oh drat, I'll be at a Blueberry Festival/craft show with DW selling porch planters that I made right about then. I will be playing with a small backup group for our local choral society (about 150 or so singers) July Fourth concerts though.

Isn't it 5:00 somewhere by now? Especially since we're in space, I think it's 5:00 all the time, so I think I'll knock off for the day. I've been working on a legal brief and I'm getting a little fuzzy-eyed.

Mickey'sGirl
06-22-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm getting a little fuzzy-eyed.
A little peroxide will take care of that. Can I help you put some in?

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 04:10 PM

Anyone else wanna come?
Ooohhh... sounds yummy. Esp. right now, when I'm contemplating what I don't feel like making for dinner!! :blush:

As for me, I am working all weekend. The new job i got is mostly weekends.
Mom & Dad are great and so are the boys. I am heading out to their grade 6 Grad shortly. So exciting!
Thanks, my back is feeling better than it did yesterday. I am back to work tomorrow for three 12 hr shifts, so it has to be better!

I'm right with you this weekend, Lynne... I'm working the next 3 nights, all 12-hr. shifts. If we aren't delivering all the babies left in Syracuse that need to be delivered, which it seems we've been doing lately - I swear, there CAN'T be anyone left pregnant around here!! - then we can keep the spaceship running the next three nights. (With Stitch's help, of course... I'm not sure he ever sleeps... :stitch:)
How did the graudation & awards ceremony go? Do you need a Kleenex? I sure did, at Emma's graduation... and she didn't even get any awards! :blush:

I have GREAT plans! My daughter comes home tomorrow night from South Carolina!

That is so great! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Did you all hear the horrible news from Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom at Louisville yesterday? Apparantly a teenage girl had both legs cut off just above the ankles on a ride. I don't know what the ride is called, but if you imagine a four sided tower with seats all around it and then it drops similar to Tower of Terror you will know what I am talking about. This came out on the local news last night but I haven't heard anymore about it today.

I noticed it mentioned on another thread... how very, very sad - that young girl must have been terrified. My thoughts and prayers go out to her...
Good luck pixie dust being sent to your wife for this wknd... hope she does GREAT!!

I went with white...
Brussel sprouts are great!! I love them.
Are they STILL white? You're very brave... or maybe it's just b/c you love brussel sprouts - anyone who loves brussel sprouts must just not be right. ;) (I'm still not over the trauma of having to sit at the kitchen table while my mom did the dishes, staring at them getting colder & colder... I learned to wear long-sleeved sweatshirts when I saw them on the stove... :blush:)

I forgot to ask another question. Has anyone ever heard of a style consultant by the name of Elaine Montaine (Not sure of the spelling)? There is a clothing store chain by the name of Elder-Beerman (Part of the Bon-Ton company)that happens to have a store locally and they have been running the most annoying ads featuring this Elain Montaine. They try to convince you that because this woman is some great fashion consultant that we should buy their products because she says so. The only problem is no one around here has ever heard of this woman and the ads only make the store sound snotty.
We have the same problem here, and I HATE those ads!! When I was painting our house, all I had for company was the radio, and I swear, I heard one of those ads every 10 minutes - and I thought the same thing. Only it's for a different store - BonTon - and I've never HEARD of this woman! Makes me not even want to go there... :ack:

Oh drat, I'll be at a Blueberry Festival/craft show with DW selling porch planters that I made right about then.
Isn't it 5:00 somewhere by now? Especially since we're in space, I think it's 5:00 all the time, so I think I'll knock off for the day. I've been working on a legal brief and I'm getting a little fuzzy-eyed.
You make porch planters, too??? When do you sleep?? (Or is that why you're a little fuzzy-eyed right now??)
I'm voting that it's 5'oclock... although that doesn't mean much for me, as I have to go to work tonight, so no yummy drinks to celebrate. :(

What's everyone else doing this weekend, who hasn't checked in yet??

disneydrmr
06-22-2007, 04:20 PM
I've been working on a legal brief and I'm getting a little fuzzy-eyed.

A little peroxide will take care of that. Can I help you put some in?

Fuzzy eyes? I would think a lint roller might work better than peroxide - don't you think? Or a razor maybe?

Ooohhh... sounds yummy. Esp. right now, when I'm contemplating what I don't feel like making for dinner!! :blush:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do for dinner either... all this talk of food has me craving Italian, Mexican, Mongolian, Chinese, steak... :D

We're celebrating my mom and my older sister's birthdays tomorrow. Dad is making his version of grandma's homemade spaghetti sauce (mine's better! :D) and I'm bringing a Carvel Ice Cream Cake. IF there's any leftovers I'll bring them Monday... I"ll have Stitch crank up the air condition so the cake won't melt...

Jasper
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
We have the same problem here, and I HATE those ads!! When I was painting our house, all I had for company was the radio, and I swear, I heard one of those ads every 10 minutes - and I thought the same thing. Only it's for a different store - BonTon - and I've never HEARD of this woman! Makes me not even want to go there... :ack:

I'm voting that it's 5'oclock... although that doesn't mean much for me, as I have to go to work tonight, so no yummy drinks to celebrate. :(

Iwent on their website to send them a message about their ads and found that Elder-Beerman and Bon-Ton are one and the same company. It sounds like they must be virtually the same store just with different names.

Since we are floating above all earthly effects I would like to advance for a vote that we call it permanently 5:00. After all, it is Friday, right??

pogo
06-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Hi Everyone.... Happy Friday. Are we all playing nice today ?:mickey:

Let's see... Pogo is attempting to help Christine recover from her camping experience...
And I'm not having much luck either !:(

There's always somebody here or there... but I'm not sure if there's always anybody there...

:huh: Are you related to Yogi Berra ? :confused:

It's in Fayetteville, right off of Rt. 481. Wanna meet us there sometime?? :)
Are you kidding me ? I woould love to meet you and your family some time. I'll be at the Carrier Dome next month helping Rosevelt Bouie with a Basketball Camp. Maybe we can arrange a meet afterwards. :D

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Since we are floating above all earthly effects I would like to advance for a vote that we call it permanently 5:00. After all, it is Friday, right??
Absolutely! I second the motion... :thumbsup:

[B][I][COLOR="Blue"] Are you kidding me ? I woould love to meet you and your family some time. I'll be at the Carrier Dome next month helping Rosevelt Bouie with a Basketball Camp. Maybe we can arrange a meet afterwards. :D
Just let me know when you'll be here - if I'm not working, we're in!! It'd be so nice to meet you and Patti! :D And hey, we have friends in Rochester (Farmington, to be exact) so you'll have to find somewhere out your way, too! :D

PLEASE tell me someone has something wonderfully exciting going on tonight, so I can live vicariously through you while at work... of course, being at work, even watching a good movie would sound great... :sad:

Speaking of movies... how is everyone enjoying them, esp. the Star Wars & Stitch marathons?? [Christine - you must come out from under all those cookie cases... ;)... at least there aren't any bugs and worms and camping things up here...]

trackbarroness
06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Just out of curiousity has anyone seen a celebraty(sp) in on of WDW's parks? :D
I did the other day, a very special person indeed. :cool:

drummerboy
06-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I saw Mrs. Drummerboy once. Who did you see? The Queen didn't zoop in after Ascot did she? (If we all start using "zoop" enough, maybe it'll become a new word that we JQers can take credit for. Or maybe not. :D Maybe I should try that one in the legal brief I'm working on. Or not. "Well, your honor, they zooped in and tried to claim my client's property as their own..." Hmmm.)

trackbarroness
06-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Michael J. Fox and I saw the lady who co-hosts that live show with Regis? :D
Oopsies I forgot to mention that fact back when it happened, huh? Silly me eh? Lol

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 08:39 PM
:baby: Hi everybody... just checking in from work... how's everybody's Friday night going??? You must all be out, having fun somewhere... all except Ken - he's home, zooping around... and Sandy - she's celebrating her celebrity sighting... where's everybody else??

alpro2
06-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Yes, that is exactly what you are being told.. this little italian girl who grew up in Ohio is also telling you that Italian food from a chain can be amazing.. just depends on the chain... (Olive Garden is good, but NOT amazing...) Next time you come to my area Deb and I will show you around and take you to a few good places to eat! (including Gold Star Chili for some AMAZING chili spaghetti!)
Oh yay! Chilie with spaghetti. Can't wait!:whistle:

Have you ever heard of Johnny Carinos? It actually serves pretty decent Italian food. (& I am very picky about lasagna...only would eat my grandma's!) I agree...nothing is as good as homemade!
Johnny Carino's??? Lasagna? I heard that was nothing but ketchup with noodles. ;)

Mickey Mouse?

alpro2
06-22-2007, 08:46 PM
:baby: Hi everybody... just checking in from work... how's everybody's Friday night going??? You must all be out, having fun somewhere... all except Ken - he's home, zooping around... and Sandy - she's celebrating her celebrity sighting... where's everybody else??
I'm here. Do I count as anybody?

ElenitaB
06-22-2007, 09:03 PM

Anyone else wanna come?
Sure do! Should I bring a bottle of :wine: ?

We're celebrating my mom and my older sister's birthdays tomorrow. Dad is making his version of grandma's homemade spaghetti sauce (mine's better! :D) and I'm bringing a Carvel Ice Cream Cake. IF there's any leftovers I'll bring them Monday... I"ll have Stitch crank up the air condition so the cake won't melt...
Is it the whale cake? :tasty:

You, my dear, count as two!

Today was DS' last day of school... I went home to try to get some sleep (ended up having to work anyway) but at the awards ceremony, he received Principal's List. He's never made it before... this year he was consistently made First Honors. I am SO proud of him.

Lynne, who got what award today? I'm sure they both did great. :thumbsup:

What are the weekend plans? I'm hoping that we'll have good weather, but I do need to rest too (and work a whole bunch as well).

trackbarroness
06-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Anyone else working this week end? :D Besides me that is. Who else is slated to start work on Sunday at about 6:45 am?

Dsnygirl
06-22-2007, 10:23 PM
Absolutely! And if you'll send me some good, homemade Italian cooking, I'll even find some cookies around here for you! (We've got some pretty good ones, when the dr's are feeling generous...)

Today was DS' last day of school... I went home to try to get some sleep (ended up having to work anyway) but at the awards ceremony, he received Principal's List. He's never made it before... this year he was consistently made First Honors. I am SO proud of him.

Congrats to your DS!! :party: That's great!! You must be thrilled... give him a big hug from us!! (Well - if unless ;)he's too cool for that now -)

Anyone else working this week end? :D Besides me that is. Who else is slated to start work on Sunday at about 6:45 am?
I'll be at work @ 6:45am Sunday - but only for about another hour - then it's off to sleep for me! But I'll be working the wknd with you - just opposite hours!

Wow - can't believe how quiet it is around here (in JQ land... not here at work... I didn't say that... it's like a jinx... you say the "Q" word and all you-know-what breaks loose, every time, I swear to it...:paranoid: :hide: :hide2:)

Okay - I'm having a hard time finding a question - anyone want to post one for me??

disneydeb
06-22-2007, 10:55 PM
I just called my sister. She is making drinks with Khalua and butterscotch schnapps, called -well I can't tell you what they are called because this is a family site. Has anyone ever had these "buttery -------"? If so, are they as good as they sound? I'm thinking of running to the liquor store now to get the fixin's.:D

Christine
06-22-2007, 11:59 PM
:hide2: Can I come out yet? Are the Star Wars movies over??

Beast_fanatic
06-23-2007, 12:42 AM
Christine, Star Wars is on permanent loop until you sit down and watch! ;) I really think you'd like them (at least the original ones).

How could I forget that?

Did you get any pictures of Her?

Olive Garden is good, but NOT amazing...

Olive Garden = :ack:

Congratulations to him! :fworks: :cheer:

Dsnygirl
06-23-2007, 01:24 AM

Christine, Star Wars is on permanent loop until you sit down and watch! ;) I really think you'd like them (at least the original ones).

What she said...

Well, it's still relatively peaceful here, so I'm going to try to hunt down some new recipes for next week... I am SO bored with how we've been eating - I really need a summer jumpstart!! Think I'll start with the Water Cooler thread and then head into the magazines I brought... hopefully I won't end up too hungry and have to get into all those cookies Alex made and is guarding... :D

How's everyone sleeping?? Lynne, are you up out there, or do you start your 3 12's Saturday night??

drummerboy
06-23-2007, 06:03 AM
Why is it that when you need sleep the most is when you get it the least? Whenever I'm supposed to get up early (like today), I have a hard time sleeping well the night before. So here I sit, keeping Blythe company.

Had a scare about 5am. Evidently I pinched a nerve the way I was sleeping and when I woke up, I couldn't move my right arm. I couldn't even roll over. Finally got into a position that allowed the nerve to wake up, but it was scary at first.

Hope everybody has a great Saturday. I've got to jump and run so DW and I can get to the craft fair (about an hour and a half away) in time to set up.

Oh, I've decided that 'zoop' is a combination of zoom and drop, so one would say one was zooping in to denote a quick entrance and exit (in case anybody asks when you start dropping the word into conversations).

I know...I need to think of more constructive things to occupy my mind.

alpro2
06-23-2007, 06:15 AM
... hopefully I won't end up too hungry and have to get into all those cookies Alex made and is guarding... :D

Oh, was I supposed to be guarding them? :blush:

Oh, I've decided that 'zoop' is a combination of zoom and drop, so one would say one was zooping in to denote a quick entrance and exit (in case anybody asks when you start dropping the word into conversations).

Are you sure that nerve that you pinched was in your arm?

Anybody know where the secret agent is?

Nascfan
06-23-2007, 06:27 AM
Zooping in (I like that Ken)....

Ok, who put Alex in charge of guarding the cookies? Well, guess I'll have some leftover crumbs.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Can't wait until tonight. Did I mention our daughter comes home tonight? :D

disneydeb
06-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Someone please remind me. Where is Mikki?

Dsnygirl
06-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Why is it that when you need sleep the most is when you get it the least? Whenever I'm supposed to get up early (like today), I have a hard time sleeping well the night before. So here I sit, keeping Blythe company.

Had a scare about 5am. Evidently I pinched a nerve the way I was sleeping and when I woke up, I couldn't move my right arm. I couldn't even roll over. Finally got into a position that allowed the nerve to wake up, but it was scary at first.

Ken, thanks for keeping me company, even if it was b/c you woke up numb!! I've had that happen once or twice - usually b/c my arm was in a weird position - and it IS scarey!! You have no idea why you can't move, you're telling yourself to move... and yet you lay there, unable to do anything with your arm, or even that whole area of your body. Not fun at all!! :shake: But - I'm glad it got me some company in the middle of the night... those cannolis were good, weren't they?? [Did I just say that out loud??? :blush:]

Oh, was I supposed to be guarding them? :blush:

Anybody know where the secret agent is?
Maybe HE'S guarding the cookies?? Did you leave any for him to guard?? ;)

Have a great Saturday, everyone... looks to be a bit cool out around here, but beautiful. My DH and the girls just left for Buffalo... :( ... I always get a little nervous when they're off without me. But - I'm off to bed, and hopefully I'll wake up refreshed, and ready for another night @ work! Can you say espresso??

pjbs35a
06-23-2007, 09:34 AM
Coming back down to earth to make a trip to WDW tomorrow. I will be undercover on a secret fact finding mission. :spy:

Who wants a Dole Whip ??? :thumbsup:

dlpmikki
06-23-2007, 09:59 AM
Someone please remind me. Where is Mikki?

Here! :tiphat:

Was that what you wanted to know?

disneydeb
06-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Here! :tiphat:

Was that what you wanted to know?

:wave:Hi Mikki!

You are up in Hangman.:nudge: :D

Do you still want to play? :tennis:

:mickey:

Christine
06-23-2007, 11:04 AM

You know, the ship beside us with the three headed aliens and space probes is not looking nearly as threatening as this one is right now! :alien:

That is scary, Ken! I'm glad you were able to work the kinks out...if that happens again, you need to go to the doc though!

Can't wait until tonight. Did I mention our daughter comes home tonight? :D

So I'm gathering she's a Daddy's Girl? I have one of those! John starts climbing the walls when she goes to a slumber party, he misses her so much!

Coming back down to earth to make a trip to WDW tomorrow. I will be undercover on a secret fact finding mission. :spy:

I didn't know we could leave the ship! Especially to go to WDW! Oh I am SO gone! :teleport:

mtown71
06-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Afternoon all!!! Just "zooping" in to say hi! (did I get it right, Ken???)

:here: I do! I love good Italian food -- but have rarely found it eating out... You will need to share your recipe with me.... I make a lot of sauce!
I'll make the tacos. I made 12 or 15 litres of Salsa last summer! We always have turkey tacos, will they do?
I would love turkey tacos! Yummy!!! Sorry, the sauce recipe can't be shared. Grandma would haunt us!

HEY! There is nothing wrong with my tacos.. I was doubling the recipe so that means the onions had to be doubled also! Geesh....
Tacos are wrong when all you taste is onion! Man, Alex would have competition for gas! :sick:

Don't tell Di, but Dad's version is better..:secret:
Jasper, hope your wife does great at the wedding!
Hope everyone's aches & pains go away.
Scott, enjoy having your daughter home again.
Frankie, can you bring me back some Tonga toast????

Christine...I think the Star Wars movies are over....no, really, they are...:secret:

disneydeb
06-23-2007, 02:12 PM
I didn't know we could leave the ship! Especially to go to WDW! Oh I am SO gone! :teleport:

No one told you ? Well if you choose to leave the ship, you will automagically ( new word, I've applied for a patent) be transported into a vessel in "Small World":thedolls: and can not get off until you have gone around the "world":thedolls: 500 times in consecutive order. :D

mtown71
06-23-2007, 02:17 PM
No one told you ? Well if you choose to leave the ship, you will automagically ( new word, I've applied for a patent) be transported into a vessel in "Small World":thedolls: and can not get off until you have gone around the "world":thedolls: 500 times in consecutive order. :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......................
Why there? Can't it be a happier place like POTC or TOT or RnRC?

Christine
06-23-2007, 02:29 PM

but I like it's a small world. I don't like Star Wars, I DO like small world...do any of you guys even like me anymore??? :(

ElenitaB
06-23-2007, 02:32 PM
I won't be working at 6:45 on Sunday, but I will be working throughout the weekend if that makes you feel any better. Besides, your view at work is MUCH better than mine.

I know...I need to think of more constructive things to occupy my mind.
Sorry about your pinched nerve... I guess this is yet another joy that comes with advancing in years, huh? Not that you're :old: or anything.

So now we're moving onto DDWIS (Drummerboy Discount Word Invention Service)? I invented a phrase: "net lag" for when you're IMing and you both say the same thing at the same time.

Could you make it a Pineapple Float? Yum!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

mtown71
06-23-2007, 03:16 PM
but I like it's a small world. I don't like Star Wars, I DO like small world...do any of you guys even like me anymore??? :(

Why do you think we don't like you? I do like you!:hug:

Christine
06-23-2007, 03:28 PM

Aren't you sweet??? I was just teasing about the way that my likes/dislikes have not been very popular with the general population lately! :blush:

Dsnygirl
06-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone! Just got up about a half-hour ago and the house is so quiet... glad you all are here to make me smile! (and the peace & quiet while I try to use the :geek: IS actually a very nice change... seems like usually, the second my fingers hit the keys, there's a little girl over my shoulder... ;))

Coming back down to earth to make a trip to WDW tomorrow. I will be undercover on a secret fact finding mission.

Who wants a Dole Whip ???

:here: Me! Me! I was looking for something good for dinner - thanks!!

No one told you ? Well if you choose to leave the ship, you will automagically (new word, I've applied for a patent) be transported into a vessel in "Small World" and can not get off until you have gone around the "world" 500 times in consecutive order.
Wow - harsh!! I'm not sure I'd be up for that, even to avoid Mike Myers.... as much as I love IASM , it's got to be in small doses! :thedolls: Think I'll stay onboard....

but I like it's a small world. I don't like Star Wars, I DO like small world...do any of you guys even like me anymore???
Are you kidding? We love you! :hug: Just trying to bring you over from the dark side, young Skywalker.... :yoda:

I won't be working at 6:45 on Sunday, but I will be working throughout the weekend if that makes you feel any better. Besides, your view at work is MUCH better than mine.

Are you sure??? ;) Sorry... couldn't resist... I'd take her view any day - even though I do love my job!! :blush:

How's everyone's Saturday been? Anyone going to be zooping in to say hi later??

Christine
06-23-2007, 05:35 PM
How's everyone's Saturday been? Anyone going to be zooping in to say hi later??

It's been a laid back Saturday so far. John had a photo shoot this afternoon, so Olivia and I went to the pool. We came home, got dried off and changed, ate lunch, then John comes home...sweaty and HOT!

So we went BACK to the pool for another hour or so until the thunder and dark clouds started to roll in.

Now we're about to start getting dinner ready.

I will be zooping in later Blythe if John doesn't hog the computer all night photoshopping!

Scott, is your daughter home yet???

Riri529
06-23-2007, 06:08 PM
We are celebrating my older sister's birthday tomorrow. What is the age difference between you and your sister?

Went to see my friend's son in a show in Manhattan last night. He was very good! The rest of the weekend will be spent by the pool. I wanted to go to the beach, but DD said she was too tired. Can you imagine-- too tired for the beach? I love the beach. It is my favorite place!!

Lynne, who got what award today? I'm sure they both did great. :thumbsup:

Ellen, good for Ben!! You must be so proud, and he should be very proud of himself!!:thumbsup:

I just called my sister. She is making drinks with Khalua and butterscotch schnapps, called -well I can't tell you what they are called because this is a family site. Has anyone ever had these "buttery -------"? If so, are they as good as they sound? I'm thinking of running to the liquor store now to get the fixin's.:D
Deb, I've never heard of these, but they sound delicious. Can you post the recipe?

Christine, you can run, but you can't hide! Eventually it will come to pass that you see these movies. Enjoy the movies, you will.:yoda:

And, of course we like you. How could we not?

Wishing everybody a great weekend!!

Dsnygirl
06-23-2007, 06:34 PM
The rest of the weekend will be spent by the pool. I wanted to go to the beach, but DD said she was too tired. Can you imagine-- too tired for the beach? I love the beach. It is my favorite place!!

:eek: :jaw: :eyes: No - I cannot imagine!! :D The beach is my very favorite place, too - well, runs pretty much equal w/ WDW - and I think I could always make it there, no matter how tired I was. If my DD's ever said that, I'd have to question their genetic makeup. Are you sure she's yours?? ;) :)

trackbarroness
06-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Anyone else have a Disney kind of day? :cool:
Perhaps these will help you guys out. :bar::bar::bar::bar: oh and um how about :stitch2: and um :figment:

drummerboy
06-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Okay, I'm back from the craft show. Blech. Not many sales. DW's going to try to sell more planter boxes as a local outdoor market that jsut started in town. We'll see.

Everybody's Saturday going well?

WARNING
Drummerboy is about to get serious for a moment. Didn't want to shock anybody.

This boy has been a lifelong cynic (someone in my high school yearbook described me as an "adorable cynic"--go figure). But every once in a while I see something that gives me a lift and hope for mankind.

Today, on the way back home (DW and I were driving separate cars) we were about to travel through a green light at a major intersection when all the traffic came to a stop. DW was in the middle of the intersection, and there was no traffic reason for her to stop, but I soon saw what was going on. A terrified black kitten was running back and forth in the middle of the intersection trying to make it to the other side and not knowing which way to go.

With everybody stopped, the kitten was finally able to make up its mind and zoomed to one side and disappeared into the woods.

I called DW on her cell phone and told her that it made my day seeing all those people come to a standstill so the kitten could make it. :thumbsup:

I figured my JQ buds would appreciate the sentiment.

I will now return you to the cynical Drummerboy you have come to know and...love? :D

Dsnygirl
06-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Anyone else have a Disney kind of day? :cool:
Perhaps these will help you guys out. :bar: oh and um how about :stitch2: and um :figment:
Thanks so much! That helped a million!! :thumbsup:

WARNING
Drummerboy is about to get serious for a moment. Didn't want to shock anybody.

This boy has been a lifelong cynic (someone in my high school yearbook described me as an "adorable cynic"--go figure). But every once in a while I see something that gives me a lift and hope for mankind.

Today, on the way back home (DW and I were driving separate cars) we were about to travel through a green light at a major intersection when all the traffic came to a stop. DW was in the middle of the intersection, and there was no traffic reason for her to stop, but I soon saw what was going on. A terrified black kitten was running back and forth in the middle of the intersection trying to make it to the other side and not knowing which way to go.

With everybody stopped, the kitten was finally able to make up its mind and zoomed to one side and disappeared into the woods.

I called DW on her cell phone and told her that it made my day seeing all those people come to a standstill so the kitten could make it.

I will now return you to the cynical Drummerboy you have come to know and...love?
Ken, when something like that warms your heart - how could we NOT love you?? :D Thanks for sharing... those are the kinds of stories I just love. I am such an animal lover - stuff like that brings tears to my eyes. :blush:
Once, when we lived in NH, I pulled over after crossing a bridge to go back onto the bridge and rescue a turtle that was being zoomed over by cars - they were trying not to hit him, and every time they'd fly over him, he'd zip into his shell - he must have been terrified. So, I went and got him a returned him to the stream he must have been from (thus, the need for the bridge...) and felt wonderful all the way home. Of course, my dh, who worked nearby, wasn't as impressed... he knows the bridge and said I could've been hit, etc., etc., etc.... but he also said, "you'd do it again, wouldn't you??" and I just :)...

disneydeb
06-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I called my sister to get the recipe for the recipe who's name I can't say. I'm glad I did because I thoughat she said Kahlua and butterscotch schnapps --INSTEAD it is 1 part Bailey's and 1 part buterscotch schnapps. She serves it over ice.

There is another drink she makes that calls for 1 part Kahlua, 1part Bailey's served with whipped cream on top. You have to drink this one with your hands behind your back. My 78 year old mother loves these! :thumbsup:

Will you tell me what you think if you try any of these?

ElenitaB
06-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh, Ken, we knew you were a softie deep down inside. :hug:

Maria, I often wonder about my DS... I adore the beach but he doesn't like the sand. I know he's mine, but sometimes I do wonder where he picked that trait up from.

Blythe, I'm sure it's unnerving but I hope you can enjoy the (temporary) quiet.

Christine, we love you... and to quote Ian, "that's why there's 31 flavors."

And just to clarify, I meant Lynne's view from her house... I'm sure her view at work is quite different from my view at work. I'm such a doofus!

Anyone else watching Finding Nemo? "Just keep swimming..."

disneydeb
06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Christine, I love Small World, Star Wars and ya'll. Are you feeling the love yet?

Ken, I do believe your inner Teddy Bear is showing!

Ellen, I am watching Nemo presently. This AM I put in Peter Pan and watched it while discussing it with my new grandson. Then I went to the movie to finally see Pirates since I hadn't gotten to see yet. The baby is keeping me busy.:mickey:
Do you think I've had my Disney fix for the day?

Christine
06-23-2007, 09:56 PM
Ellen, I am watching Nemo presently. This AM I put in Peter Pan and watched it while discussing it with my new grandson. Then I went to the movie to finally see Pirates since I hadn't gotten to see yet. The baby is keeping me busy.:mickey:

Way to raise that grandbaby, Deb! :thumbsup: You can never start too early with the Disney influence!

Christine, we love you... and to quote Ian, "that's why there's 31 flavors."

Speaking of Ian, does anyone know why is he no longer WDWacky? It makes no difference to me, just curious :confused:

alpro2
06-24-2007, 08:05 AM

Are you kidding? We love you! :hug:

And, of course we like you. How could we not?

OK...group hug everyone! :grouphug:

I called DW on her cell phone and told her that it made my day seeing all those people come to a standstill so the kitten could make it. :thumbsup:

:D
OK...another group hug everyone! :grouphug:

Originally Posted by Riri529
We are celebrating my older sister's birthday tomorrow....

(Whispers to self..."boy is she old") I thought the celebrations stop at a certain age? Just kidding, just kidding! :D Extra cookies for you Maria if you don't tell on me. :thedolls:

Riri529
06-24-2007, 11:00 AM
:eek: :jaw: :eyes: No - I cannot imagine!! The beach is my very favorite place, too - well, runs pretty much equal w/ WDW - and I think I could always make it there, no matter how tired I was. If my DD's ever said that, I'd have to question their genetic makeup. Are you sure she's yours?? ;)

Maria, I often wonder about my DS... I adore the beach but he doesn't like the sand. I know he's mine, but sometimes I do wonder where he picked that trait up from.

As much as they are like me, they have some qualities and quirks that I can absolutely not relate to. Many times I have said to myself_"They cannot be mine, I need to have some bloodwork!"

(Whispers to self..."boy is she old") I thought the celebrations stop at a certain age? Just kidding, just kidding! :D Extra cookies for you Maria if you don't tell on me. :thedolls:
Who is old, me or my sister? :-o Extra cookies, eh? It may cost you more than some cookies!:thedolls:

Ken, your story restores my faith in humanity.

Have a great day everyone!

alpro2
06-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Who is old, me or my sister? :-o Extra cookies, eh? It may cost you more than some cookies!:thedolls:

Old? Who said old? I meant to say "cold". You, know...your sister is always, eh, cold. :blush:

Dsnygirl
06-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi everyone... just popping in to say hi... I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and am hoping this little stop will make me feel better!! :( I didn't sleep very well today and I have a headache... and I feel kind-of grouchy - :thedolls: - so I'm not really thrilled I'm headed back to work tonight. But - hopefully the magic of coffee, vitamins, Tylenol and a good dose of JQ and Intercot will make me ready for the night! :blush: Anybody have any "stay awake and be cheerful" pixie dust they'd like to send my way?? ;)

As much as they are like me, they have some qualities and quirks that I can absolutely not relate to. Many times I have said to myself_"They cannot be mine, I need to have some bloodwork!"

Ditto! My DH and I see SO much of ourselves in our girls, and then one of them will do or say something and we just look at each other and say, "Now, that just CAN'T be right... she MUST belong to someone else!" :D It's nice to be able to blame all the weird stuff on some other generation... :secret:

Okay, I'm off to the showers... that'll definitley get me going. Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Sunday - it's warm and sunny here, which feels great after all the cool days we just had!

disneydeb
06-24-2007, 05:22 PM
Where's my peeps?

Hello, Anyone out there?

Christine
06-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Well...I just got home from seeing POTC again (that's number 4 for those keeping count!) and it was good as ever!
I don't think a Sunday afternoon can be better than that!

Blythe, I hope you wake up and shake the headache...that stinks when you start the day off like that!

Off I go...time to go swimming! Anyone want to join us? :swim:

disneydeb
06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Hi everyone... just popping in to say hi... I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, and am hoping this little stop will make me feel better!! :( I didn't sleep very well today and I have a headache... and I feel kind-of grouchy - :thedolls: - so I'm not really thrilled I'm headed back to work tonight. But - hopefully the magic of coffee, vitamins, Tylenol and a good dose of JQ and Intercot will make me ready for the night! :blush: Anybody have any "stay awake and be cheerful" pixie dust they'd like to send my way?? ;)

Ditto! My DH and I see SO much of ourselves in our girls, and then one of them will do or say something and we just look at each other and say, "Now, that just CAN'T be right... she MUST belong to someone else!" :D It's nice to be able to blame all the weird stuff on some other generation... :secret:

Okay, I'm off to the showers... that'll definitley get me going. Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL Sunday - it's warm and sunny here, which feels great after all the cool days we just had!

I hope you are feeling better! Here's some pixie dust for what ever ailments you are feeling today!:pixie:

Feeling any better yet?:D

Dsnygirl
06-24-2007, 08:03 PM
Well...I just got home from seeing POTC again (that's number 4 for those keeping count!) and it was good as ever!
I don't think a Sunday afternoon can be better than that!

Blythe, I hope you wake up and shake the headache...that stinks when you start the day off like that!

Off I go...time to go swimming! Anyone want to join us? :swim:
I would LOVE to join you - that would definitely help shake the cobwebs out! Even better would have been to have been at POTC with you... :D

I hope you are feeling better! Here's some pixie dust for what ever ailments you are feeling today!:pixie:

Feeling any better yet?:D
Yes, I am! Thanks so much for the pixie dust! I think just having my DH and the kids come home helped, too - the headache is definitely better, and I'm a work with two good patients - so that helps, too! :thumbsup:

How's everyone else's Sunday been??

Beast_fanatic
06-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I know that I say something similar to this every Sunday evening, but where did my weekend go? I cannot believe tomorrow is Monday already. :(

Speaking of Ian, does anyone know why is he no longer WDWacky? It makes no difference to me, just curious :confused:

He said that from the moment that he registered with it, that he never really liked WDWacky. :shrug: I always thought it was cute.

Dsnygirl
06-24-2007, 10:45 PM
I know that I say something similar to this every Sunday evening, but where did my weekend go? I cannot believe tomorrow is Monday already. :(

I have to confess to being thrilled tomorrow is Monday... I don't do 3 12hr wknds very often, but when I do, boy am I glad when they're about over! 8 1/2 hrs and I'll be on my home to sleep... yeah! :D

I can sympathize w/ the rest of you, though, who are headed back to work... hope you all have a good night's rest! Anyone on vaca this week??

Christine
06-24-2007, 10:48 PM
He said that from the moment that he registered with it, that he never really liked WDWacky. :shrug: I always thought it was cute.

Yeah, I thought it was a fun name. Oh well...

Everyone survive the weekend? We had a pretty laid back one. How laid back you say? We had poptarts for dinner! :blush:

Dsnygirl
06-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Everyone survive the weekend? We had a pretty laid back one. How laid back you say? We had poptarts for dinner! :blush:
Mmmm... were they frosted? I do believe, if they were fruit-filled ones, they qualify as a full meal... wheat, fruit, dairy, even protein, as I'm sure there are eggs somewhere in some form in the dough.... care to share any?? :D

drummerboy
06-24-2007, 11:24 PM
Now that sounds like our kind of household. :thumbsup:

We had kind of a weird meal day today. We got up late and I cooked bacon and made coffee, then DW had PB&B sandwiches while I had bacon and buttered toast.

Lunch was later in the afternoon at a coffee place--DW had a pit band rehearsal in the afternoon and I had play rehearsal this evening. We each had wraps at different times. And that was it for the day.

Was that more information than anybody wanted? Yes. Should I be in bed sleeping by now? Probably. Am I losing it? ... I think Alex is standing on my oxygen line.

ElenitaB
06-25-2007, 12:44 AM
This AM I put in Peter Pan and watched it while discussing it with my new grandson. Then I went to the movie to finally see Pirates since I hadn't gotten to see yet. The baby is keeping me busy.:mickey:
Way to go, Deb! Train that baby early! :D

Is the weekend really over? I didn't get to do everything I needed to get done so it's going to be one of those weeks (sigh). I might have to go into the office on Tuesday, jury duty on Wednesday (basically I'm just going in to turn in the letter from my doctor) and then Thursday I have treatment again. But I've already put in 11 hours for this work week and it hasn't even officially started yet.

Glad you have nice patients tonight, Blythe! I'm sure that makes working so much nicer.

Okay... time to go to sleep here now. :sheep: Ken, can you play a lullaby for me?

disneydeb
06-25-2007, 06:58 AM
OK! Everybody up and at 'em! I'm making scambled eggs and turkey bacon. Who's up for some?:stir:

Christine
06-25-2007, 08:04 AM
OK! Everybody up and at 'em! I'm making scambled eggs and turkey bacon. Who's up for some?:stir:

:alarm: just 5 more minutes, please???

disneydrmr
06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Good morning everyone! Has everyone had their breakfast? Who wants to lead us in our morning exercises? :trampo: (I LOVE that smilie!)

Is it the whale cake?

Um, not quite sure what a whale cake is? It was just a regular ice cream cake.. layer of chocolate, layer of vanilla, with a cookie crumb layer in between.. and frosted with icing...

So glad the nerve worked itself out. That would be scary!

Can't wait until tonight. Did I mention our daughter comes home tonight?

Can't seem to remember you mentioning it before...:D

Who wants a Dole Whip ???

May I please have a Mickey Ice Cream Bar instead? :bar:

Don't tell Di, but Dad's version is better..

I heard that! Mine has more pepperoni though!

No one told you ? Well if you choose to leave the ship, you will automagically ( new word, I've applied for a patent) be transported into a vessel in "Small World" and can not get off until you have gone around the "world" 500 times in consecutive order.

Ouch! Did you used to work for the Government Torture Department? :D

but I like it's a small world. I don't like Star Wars, I DO like small world...do any of you guys even like me anymore???

I like you still!

We are celebrating my older sister's birthday tomorrow. What is the age difference between you and your sister?

Um, I think it's around 5 years or so. What's the difference in age between you and your sister?

I called DW on her cell phone and told her that it made my day seeing all those people come to a standstill so the kitten could make it.

I will now return you to the cynical Drummerboy you have come to know and...love?

Awww... thanks Ken! I needed to know that there was some humanity left in this world! I have swerved numerous times (risking my own safety) to avoid hitting animals in the road.

Where's my peeps?

If you can't find your peeps I still have 2 or 3 packages of them in my freezer.. it's the yellow bunnies.. you are welcome to a pack if you want them...

mtown71
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone! Has everyone had their breakfast? Who wants to lead us in our morning exercises? :trampo: (I LOVE that smilie!)

Um, I think it's around 5 years or so. What's the difference in age between you and your sister?

If you can't find your peeps I still have 2 or 3 packages of them in my freezer.. it's the yellow bunnies.. you are welcome to a pack if you want them...

:sleepin::alarm:Ugh....how can anyone be so cheerful in the morning?????? The only exercise I want this morning is to lift my glass of milk to my mouth.
The age difference between you & Chris, Di, is 4 years. I am the youngest, remember?? ;)
You still have Peeps in your freezer? EEEWWWWWWWW....:sick:
Anyone else having a strange morning? I am almost scared to go to work. But, anyone want to help me frost a cake?

alpro2
06-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Am I losing it? ... I think Alex is standing on my oxygen line.
Oh, sorry was that YOUR oxygen line? :thedolls:

Happy Monday everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's all join in for a chorus of Mr. Rogers "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". Ok ready? 1,2,3:
"It's a beautiful day..... "

Nascfan
06-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Good morning all. Did everyone have a nice weekend?
We sure did! It was so nice to see our daughter's plane pull up to the terminal and then to see her and her team come walking off. All was right with the world then Saturday night. Yesterday was a graduation party and then she asked in the evening if we could go out and shoot a quick round. You'd think she'd be tired of golfing huh? No way, not her. We even saw one of the trip-mates at the driving range. They're addicted to :golf: I swear.

Have a good day everybody!

offwego
06-25-2007, 10:06 AM
Morning all. How come all this food is mentioned without coffee?

And Christine of course we like you! I know no one else likes sprouts.

And yes Blythe the shoes stayed white. Funny how that works out. Clients are normally very careful to make sure you don't get dirty, thirsty, hungry or anything else you don't want to be. It's very nice really.

Congrats to Ben by the way Ellen.

Hope everyone else is doing well today.

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 10:36 AM
:hi: everyone! I finally made it on to say hello! We had a really busy weekend -- outings and dinners at friends and yesterday, we went up to see Harry's summer sleep-over camp. I am not the outdoorsy type, but I think I wouldn't mind spending a week there! Kayaking, archery, canoeing, swing lines, swimming, climbing ... way cool. We got home and I made dinner, and for the one second I had turned my back from one counter to the next, Rory (old :dog: ) grabbed a steak from the plate and ATE IT ALL UP!!!! I was livid! So we shared what was left .... but I was doing my grocery shopping at 8 o'clock last night!!

Then... this morning, just as I am about to leave, my phone rings and it is my sister -- who flew over to England last night. Evidently, her husband, who had a heart transplant in 2001, forgot to pack some of his anti-rejection drugs and could I go over to their house and retrieve them so I can fedex them to them in case they can't get a hold of his doctor to call a prescription over..... I've had a crazy morning to say the least!

It seems like everyone had a busy weekend! Scott -- I'm glad your daughter is home! Ellen, congratulations to Ben. He must be proud! Deb -- I'll be one of your peeps and Ken -- Thanks for sharing the story about the kitty. What's everyone up to now?

offwego
06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Jenn that sure sounds scary! So glad you could help them out. I would be losing my mind.

So Harry's camp looks like a go? Are we going to be able to talk about that with Christine's memories still so fresh?

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 11:02 AM
Jenn that sure sounds scary! So glad you could help them out. I would be losing my mind.

So Harry's camp looks like a go? Are we going to be able to talk about that with Christine's memories still so fresh?
Harry was a bit uneasy when we first got there ... but it helped him to see it all. This is why I really wanted to go up there first. I don't think it would have been a successful drop off if he was going in blind! I think even our Christine would want to goo to this camp. It was lovely, and they fed us nice food too! Christine, there is a family camp there too -- should I book you a spot for 2008?

dlpmikki
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Well we have flooding over here now. Not at our house thankfully, even if we are right by the river, but there are sirens sounding in several places around the county and some places the houses are flooded up to the second floor :jaw: They are being rescued by boat and helicopter. Worst thing to happen to us so far is the loss of Internet connection but managed to get that back this afternoon.

Any of you watching Wimbledon? Roddick is doing well but it looks very odd seeing centre court with no roof.

pogo
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
:hi: everyone.......

Can I get the REAL bacon ?

:alarm: just 5 more minutes, please???
Come on Christine... it's a beautifull day here... how about in Texas ?

Happy Monday everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's all join in for a chorus of Mr. Rogers "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood". Ok ready? 1,2,3:
You are kidding me....... right ?

You'd think she'd be tired of golfing huh? No way, not her. We even saw one of the trip-mates at the driving range. They're addicted to :golf: I swear.

What's wrong with that ? I am too. FORE :golf:

We got home and I made dinner, and for the one second I had turned my back from one counter to the next, Rory (old :dog: ) grabbed a steak from the plate and ATE IT ALL UP!!!! I was livid!
:hi: Cousin..... you know a dog has got to eat too !

Christine, there is a family camp there too -- should I book you a spot for 2008?
Wow cousin...... even I wouldn't have said that ! :D

disneydeb
06-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Can I get the REAL bacon ? :D
We don't have any of the real thing in my house, sorry. Would you want just eggs then?

pogo
06-25-2007, 01:31 PM
We don't have any of the real thing in my house, sorry. Would you want just eggs then?

Can I have them scambled with cheese ? :D

disneydeb
06-25-2007, 01:35 PM
Can I have them scambled with cheese ? :D

Well, alright, if I can throw in some veggies for you, OK?

pogo
06-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Well, alright, if I can throw in some veggies for you, OK?
Man...... you are as bad as my DW ! :blush:

Do you have any mushrooms, bell peppers, and red onions ? Or maybe some sausage ? :D

disneydeb
06-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Man...... you are as bad as my DW ! :blush:

Do you have any mushrooms, bell peppers, and red onions ? Or maybe some sausage ? :D

Young man, when did sausage become a vegetable?

pogo
06-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Young man, when did sausage become a vegetable?

Hey Ken....... she called me young man !:joy::woohoo::clappy:

You mean to tell me that sausage isn't a vegetable anymore ? :faint:

disneydeb
06-25-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey Ken....... she called me young man !:joy::woohoo::clappy:

You mean to tell me that sausage isn't a vegetable anymore ? :faint:

Sorry, I guess I went into teacher mode.

Oh, you meant vegi-sausage?? Well OK, but it probably has too much sodium, so cut down on salt for the rest of the day, OK?

pogo
06-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Sorry, I guess I went into teacher mode.

Oh, you meant vegi-sausage?? Well OK, but it probably has too much sodium, so cut down on salt for the rest of the day, OK?

I knew I could get you into teacher mode. Lighten up.... it's summer vacation time !:D

OK......... but is alright if I have salt ? :funny: :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 02:02 PM
I knew I could get you into teacher mode. Lighten up.... it's summer vacation time !:D

OK......... but is alright if I have salt ? :funny: :DHey Cousin! Did you hear them talking about Mister Rogers earlier? Did you tell them about the Mister Rogers museum in Rochester?

pogo
06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
Hey Cousin! Did you hear them talking about Mister Rogers earlier? Did you tell them about the Mister Rogers museum in Rochester?

No cousin..... I didn't read too far back.

We have a Mr. Rogers Museum in Rochester ? :blush:

I'm still learning about this city..... and Mr. Rogers.... and vegetables..... and how to drive teachers crazy ...... and camping...... :doh: :D

Christine
06-25-2007, 02:17 PM
Come on Christine... it's a beautifull day here... how about in Texas ?

Here's our 10 day forecast...you tell me.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/75605?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Can I please go back to bed now?

Christine
06-25-2007, 02:20 PM
And by the way, I did catch all that camping talk...Jenn, what did poor Harry do that his punishment would merit being sent to camp? :confused:

offwego
06-25-2007, 02:21 PM

Christine I think you need an ark! Pogo vegi sausage can be quite yummy.

Deb good for you making sure everyone tries to get the 5-10 servings per day in them. Do we have any tomatoes or salsa to put in these eggs?

pogo
06-25-2007, 02:22 PM

Good night Christine. :sleepin:

Did you ever think about moving ? :D

Christine
06-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Good night Christine. :sleepin:

Did you ever think about moving ? :D

Alas, my dear Pogo, we have! We are planning for a move to (I smile and giggle every time I say it!) Celebration, Florida- just 5 miles away from Walt Disney World!!!

If all continues to go smoothly as it has so far :fingers: we will be moving there summer 2009!

pogo
06-25-2007, 02:35 PM
Alas, my dear Pogo, we have! We are planning for a move to (I smile and giggle every time I say it!) Celebration, Florida- just 5 miles away from Walt Disney World!!!

If all continues to go smoothly as it has so far :fingers: we will be moving there summer 2009!
Oh Yea...... I remember your trip reports from your last trip saying you wanted to move there.

Alas, my dear Pogo, we have!
Ah shucks........:blush: Do you really mean it ? :D

Christine
06-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Ah shucks........:blush: Do you really mean it ? :D

As I live and breathe! :D

Hey, I have one more question and then I am going to have to shut down here (the lightning is getting pretty intense and my computer monitor just "blinked"):

Do you know what drives me buggy?

pogo
06-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Do you know what drives me buggy?

No..... what ? :D

Christine
06-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Me horses!

(wait for it, wait for it...)

Did you like that one Mikki?

pogo
06-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Me horses!

Oh my............. do you mean I fell for that old trick ? :faint:

You ARE a nut ! :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Me horses!

Terrific Christine! You could get a gig at the Comedy Floor!!

Where do horses go to read books?

drummerboy
06-25-2007, 03:38 PM
How about Last Comic Standing? Alonzo, Ant and kathleen might just walk off the show. :thedolls:

By the way, I still like you too Christine. Even if I am a camper from way back. Why when I was a kid, one of our favorite camp pranks was mastadon-tipping. Remember that Pogo?

Dunno, where?

Mickey'sGirl
06-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Dunno, where?
Barnes and Noble of course! Can I get a gig with Christine now?

marlyn
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Hi there JQ gang. How was everyone's weekend? I worked all weekend. 12 hrs on Saturday and 14 hrs on Sunday, so that pretty much sums up my weekend. I work nights tonight as well...:( I shouldn't complain as I need to money, but it is a zoo on our floor right now and I am tired.

I had a patient this weekend who had 2nd degree burns on her torso because her boyfriend lit her on fire. What kind of sick world do we live in? Sometimes my job is just too much.

I hope you are having a good Monday. I see someone is thinking of moving to Celebration. What a wonderful idea. :D

Christine
06-25-2007, 04:15 PM
Okay, I'm back. I think the worst of the storm has blown over for now.

Why thank you! I can be quite the monster sometimes (remember when you tried to wake me up this morning Deb and Pogo?) so I would fit right in! :sulley:

Barnes and Noble of course! Can I get a gig with Christine now?

Sweet! I so see us forming an old vaudeville act! Seltzer bottles, cream pies, the works!

Why when I was a kid, one of our favorite camp pranks was mastadon-tipping.

Okay Ken, you can be in the act too!

Christine
06-25-2007, 04:20 PM
I had a patient this weekend who had 2nd degree burns on her torso because her boyfriend lit her on fire. What kind of sick world do we live in? Sometimes my job is just too much.

Geesh...that is horrid!

Exactly why we are wanting to move to Celebration...when the world gets to be too much, just go see Mickey Mouse for a while.

Hope tonight is better and that your patient recovers quickly.

So did you ever tell how the boys' graduation ceremony went?

marlyn
06-25-2007, 04:27 PM
So did you ever tell how the boys' graduation ceremony went?

Oh my goodness. I have been so busy with work that I totally forgot to tell you guys! They both received athlete of the year. The principal said that this year they were renaming the athletic award to "Who's who in the world of sports" . He said that all you had to do this past year was to look at the leader board at any sport event, track meet or cross country run and the same two names were always on the top....but the question is "Who's who"? Noone can tell them apart so they renamed the award. LOL Can you imagine how proud I was?

pogo
06-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Why when I was a kid, one of our favorite camp pranks was mastadon-tipping. Remember that Pogo?

I'm not as :old: as you, buddy.

Barnes and Noble of course!

:drummer:

Why would anybody do something like this ?
Hang in there...... it will get better, I hope. :D

I can be quite the monster sometimes (remember when you tried to wake me up this morning Deb and Pogo?) so I would fit right in! :sulley:

Am I supposed to comment on this ? :confused:
:noway:

dlpmikki
06-25-2007, 04:39 PM
Congrats to the 'Whos who' twins!

No, I didn't like the joke Christine, but I do like you really :goodbad:

The flooding is getting worse here. I have been sweeping water away from the back door and the river has risen 6 feet this afternoon. It is half way up our decking and I would not be surprised to wake up and find it well over he decking in the morning (lots more rain forecast overnight).

Does this feel like 'flaming June' to you?

Nascfan
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Between Christine and Mikki, I think that's quite enough rain, don't you?

Stay safe and dry, ladies!

Jasper
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
On the Delaware quarter that was issued in 1999, there is a picture of that great American Patriot, Ceasar Rodney, riding a horse. What kind of horse is he riding on that quarter?

Just stopping by to add my 2 cents worth of sillyness for the day!!

How is everyone doing?

Do I get extra credit for asking two questions in the same post? Ooops, make that three!

By the way, did we ever get that amendment to the Just Questions constitution passed to allow one to store up extra questions per post? Sorry, I guess that makes four now doesn't it? Sorry, I just can't help myself, after all, that does make 5 now!!

disneydeb
06-25-2007, 05:45 PM

Can we all come wisit??:D

Me horses!

:laughing::rotfl::funny::funny:

Dsnygirl
06-25-2007, 08:40 PM
And yes Blythe the shoes stayed white. Funny how that works out. Clients are normally very careful to make sure you don't get dirty, thirsty, hungry or anything else you don't want to be. It's very nice really.

Wish my clients (patients) were as considerate... ;) ... you probably don't want to know what I end up with on my shoes. :D

What's everyone up to now?
I believe I was sleeping... :sleepin: ... glad to hear Harry's camp sounds so nice - I bet he'll have a blast!!
Too bad about your steak... our darling Bailey has done the same... hard to get mad at them when they look at you with those big eyes and go, "What?? Thanks for sharing!" But it still stinks when you have to go & replace it...

(I smile and giggle every time I say it!) Celebration, Florida- just 5 miles away from Walt Disney World!!!

If all continues to go smoothly as it has so far we will be moving there summer 2009!
Lucky, lucky you... can we come visit?? Maybe I can convince my DH to apply to work for a builder there... :D

Me horses!

:rotfl: :funny: (Took me a minute... :blush:)

Hi there JQ gang. How was everyone's weekend? I worked all weekend. 12 hrs on Saturday and 14 hrs on Sunday, so that pretty much sums up my weekend. I work nights tonight as well... I shouldn't complain as I need to money, but it is a zoo on our floor right now and I am tired.

Sorry to hear you had such a tough weekend... I thought of you while I was at work, too. Not that my job doesn't have some tough moments, but seeing stuff like that must just break your heart - you have to wonder what's wrong with people sometimes. Hope you're feeling a little bit better - sending a :hug: your way.

Oh my goodness. I have been so busy with work that I totally forgot to tell you guys! They both received athlete of the year. The principal said that this year they were renaming the athletic award to "Who's who in the world of sports" . He said that all you had to do this past year was to look at the leader board at any sport event, track meet or cross country run and the same two names were always on the top....but the question is "Who's who"? Noone can tell them apart so they renamed the award. LOL Can you imagine how proud I was?
That is SO awesome... big congrats to your future Olympic stars!!

The flooding is getting worse here. I have been sweeping water away from the back door and the river has risen 6 feet this afternoon. It is half way up our decking and I would not be surprised to wake up and find it well over he decking in the morning (lots more rain forecast overnight).

Good luck, Mikki - keep us updated on how you are!! I don't want to hear you're climbing up into a helicoptor, too...

Sounds like the weather's crazy everywhere... we're supposed to have "record-breaking" heat tomorrow. Besides all the rain, anybody else having tough weather?

Christine
06-25-2007, 11:11 PM
No, I didn't like the joke Christine

Aw, man! I thought you'd like that! Was it too "Eliza Doolittle?"

Yes you may. You can even come and visit me too if you'd like! :D ;) { Tonight, the part of smart-Alex will be played by Christine } :bow:

Congrats to the boys, Lynne! "Who's who" cause they can't tell them apart...geesh- everyone's a comedian!

... you probably don't want to know what I end up with on my shoes. :D

Okay, EEEEEEEwwwwww! Blythe, you're killing me! :faint:

disneydeb
06-26-2007, 12:10 AM

No, I didn't like the joke Christine, but I do like you really :goodbad:

If I could I would take some of the rain from you, Mikki.
We are in a terrible drought in the southeast of the US.
Could you send some my way? Then we would both be better off.

Beast_fanatic
06-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Well we have flooding over here now. Not at our house thankfully, even if we are right by the river, but there are sirens sounding in several places around the county and some places the houses are flooded up to the second floor :jaw: They are being rescued by boat and helicopter.

Stay safe, Mikki!

Christine I think you need an ark!

May I have one two please? We're also expecting loads of rain this week.

They both received athlete of the year. The principal said that this year they were renaming the athletic award to "Who's who in the world of sports" . He said that all you had to do this past year was to look at the leader board at any sport event, track meet or cross country run and the same two names were always on the top....but the question is "Who's who"? Noone can tell them apart so they renamed the award.

Congrats to both young athletes! :cheer: :cheer:

On the Delaware quarter that was issued in 1999, there is a picture of that great American Patriot, Ceasar Rodney, riding a horse. What kind of horse is he riding on that quarter?

I'm going to have to guess a quarterhorse. :blush:

Do I get extra credit for asking two questions in the same post?

By the way, did we ever get that amendment to the Just Questions constitution passed to allow one to store up extra questions per post?

No, and no. :nope:

drummerboy
06-26-2007, 12:42 AM

Yes you may. You can even come and visit me too if you'd like!
You two made me think of my long-departed step-grandmother on my father's side. She was of of a European descent that I was never sure of (Slavic I think) and she would always say it was nice to have us wisit.

How was everyone's Monday? I would up getting a new suit today. My older ones have been mysteriously growing smaller (what cookies?) so it was about time. I've got a wedding to go to soon and a big state bar dinner, so it'll get good use. (I odn't wear sutits that often any more, since I'm not in the courtroom that much.)

Hope our floodees are doing all right. Haven't heard from Mikki since she started sweeping water off the deck.

Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

Christine
06-26-2007, 07:53 AM
I can't believe it! Am I the first JQer awake this morning?? Did our spacecraft wander into some alternate universe??

Spooky! :scared:

dlpmikki
06-26-2007, 08:22 AM
I can't believe it! Am I the first JQer awake this morning?? Did our spacecraft wander into some alternate universe??

Spooky! :scared:

Nah! I was awake, I just didn't post (apart from the where in WDW photo one) :D

Our river is still rising but more slowly. No rain today but more forecast for tomorrow. Could do with an alternate universe to drain the excess water to!

How many days till the big Intercot meet? :party:

Mickey'sGirl
06-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Congratulations to Adam and Scott, Lynne!! You all must be so proud!:thumbsup:

Wish my clients (patients) were as considerate... ;) ... you probably don't want to know what I end up with on my shoes. :D :here: I know! I wont tell you the tales of either of my sons' arrivals...

I'm going to have to guess a quarterhorse. :blush:
:laughing:I guess that Jasper will be touring with Christine and I?

I can't believe it! Am I the first JQer awake this morning?? Did our spacecraft wander into some alternate universe?? You may be the first one on.... I was awake at 5:03 ET this am....and I am sure that Mikki was up long before me...

Nah! I was awake, I just didn't post (apart from the where in WDW photo one) :D Told you so!

Our river is still rising but more slowly. No rain today but more forecast for tomorrow. Could do with an alternate universe to drain the excess water to!

How many days till the big Intercot meet? :party: Stay safe Mikki! How does Figaro feel about all this water?!!
The Intercot meet is about 100 days away now...

Christine
06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
You may be the first one on.... I was awake at 5:03 ET this am....and I am sure that Mikki was up long before me...

The Intercot meet is about 100 days away now...

Okay...I was beginning to worry! I am usually last one up, last one on. All you early birds with your worms... I prefer poptarts! I have to wake up early all week to get DD off to her friend's house for VBS. :pout:

And the meet is in 108 days...not that I'm counting or anything! :blush: :D

I better get. I am going into the office today. During the summer with DD out of school, my schedule is kind of loopy...just whenever I have arrangements made for her. Luckily, after this week of VBS, I have no plans for her at all! :secret: See ya in September, QuickBooks! :bolt:

Anyone want anything from Starbucks? I'm hitting the drive thru on the way to work!

offwego
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM

Not sure what flaming June is Mikki but I hope the flooding recees quickly.

And congrats Lynne to your two boys. What a great thing!!

Anyone want anything from Starbucks? I'm hitting the drive thru on the way to work!
Please!! A iced coffee cream one raw sugar if it's not too much trouble? Tall? thanks in advance. It's going to be a scorcher here..high humidity and high heat.

mtown71
06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Did you have one too many cookies yesterday?

Hi there JQ gang. How was everyone's weekend? I worked all weekend. 12 hrs on Saturday and 14 hrs on Sunday, so that pretty much sums up my weekend. I work nights tonight as well...:( I shouldn't complain as I need to money, but it is a zoo on our floor right now and I am tired.

I hope you are having a good Monday. I see someone is thinking of moving to Celebration. What a wonderful idea. :D
So sorry to hear about that poor girl. I am just appalled at what people are doing to each other. Not very many people value life anymore. Very sad. Hope she recovers. Pixie dust heading her way! You can borrow my shoulder to cry on if you want.:hug:

Congrats to your 2 boys! That is wonderful! I am sure you were the proudest mom there!
Who made the coffee this morning? I just can't seem to wake up.