PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Lederhosen Spacesuits.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Christine
07-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Mikki, glad you're keeping your head above water! Hope things dry out soon. And congrats on your fund raiser!

We just got back from swimming. Now John went out to get us something to eat. Who wants Rotisserie chicken, corn, and peas for supper??? :tasty:

Christine
07-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Oooo, sorry Rhonda. So what do cows do for fun?

ElenitaB
07-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Dinner sounds wonderful, Christine. Of course, after a few days of NutriSystem, cardboard sounds good. Actually I'm taking the evening off and have ordered something healthy from our local Chinese take-out place.

Mikki, I'm so glad it went well, even if it wasn't as planned. Congrats on the money you raised! :thumbsup:

Rhonda, what do cows do for fun? Listen to moosic? Moo-sey around? Tip poorly-behaved JQers?

Blythe, you should be along shortly so I've left some cookies for you over there (pb, oatmeal raisin choc biscotti and almond biscotti... they're all NutriSystem, but taste okay. Hope you don't mind :blush:)

Beast_fanatic
07-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Rhonda, what do cows do for fun? Listen to moosic? Moo-sey around? Tip poorly-behaved JQers?

Well, you were close on one of them. :thumbsup:

They go to the moooo-vies. :blush:

Was that the worst joke ever?

alpro2
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Blythe, you should be along shortly so I've left some cookies for you over there (pb, oatmeal raisin choc biscotti and almond biscotti... they're all NutriSystem, but taste okay. Hope you don't mind :blush:)
Hi Ellen! It's Blythe. Where are the cookies? :thedolls:

They go to the moooo-vies. :blush:

Um, Rhonda...I think you better leave the jokes to the smart-alex's. ;)

Dsnygirl
07-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Hi everybody... I'm about to do something crazy and actually go to bed early... I got up early today so we could go to the lake, and my habit is to then follow that by going to bed late -- which hasn't been working too well lately!! :unsure: So.... although the night owl in me is fighting it, I'm going to try and reverse my schedule and get to bed early... ick. :ack: We'll see if it's worth it in the morning...

Have I told you how much I am looking forward to hitting...uh...er.. I mean MEETING you in October???

Ditto... ;)

Dinner sounds wonderful, Christine. Of course, after a few days of NutriSystem, cardboard sounds good.

Blythe, you should be along shortly so I've left some cookies for you over there (pb, oatmeal raisin choc biscotti and almond biscotti... they're all NutriSystem, but taste okay. Hope you don't mind.)
:rotfl: That cardboard comment is great... :D Thanks for the cookies... they're yummy, and go well w/ my new commitment to the gym. Thanks! :thumbsup:

They go to the moooo-vies.

Nope... I think Alex wins that prize... :)

Christine, I'm glad to hear things are moving along on your townhouse... sending a little building :pixie: from my DH's company to keep things going along smoothly!!

Okay all... I'm really and truly off to bed... my system is in shock. (Is that why I almost forgot a question???) Hope everyone's having a good end to their weekend!!

alpro2
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi. It's Blythe again. I am going to bed. Please give me some cookies. :thedolls:

Alex, it's Blythe again. Please disregard my last post. You are the funniest person I know. :thedolls:

Got milk?

drummerboy
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Mikki, glad you still managed to raise a good amount despite the deluge. We've actually had a better than usual weekend here, with low humidity and mid-eighties.

We had a nice surprise at the matinee today. One audience member had been the drama teacher for Stephen Schwartz, who wrote the play (Schwartz also wrote Godspell and Pippin). He and his wife enjoyed it. Last night we had a newspaper reviewer there.

But enough about me. Does anybody else want to know what I've been doing? :D

Hope everybody's Monday is a good one.

ElenitaB
07-23-2007, 12:37 AM
Okay, Alex, here are some cookies for you too! (You get double just for making me laugh so much.)

Good joke, Rhonda. I actually enjoy the jokes Pal Mickey tells... so these aren't too bad. Do you think I've been affected by kid humor? :crazy:

Ken, so what else have you been doing besides your play? How was the review?

Fresh coffee in the morning for anyone who wants some. See you then! (I have four conference calls tomorrow... help meeee-e-e-e-e!)

pogo
07-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Good morning all..................... what's in store for everyone today ?

We had a great weekend, with Sunday being the best of the best !:thumbsup:

Lots of pool time, Lapu lapu's, pork T-loin , grilled green beans, grilled :papple:, grilled taters w/onion. We even done some mini pizza's on the grill for appetizers.

Got to run.... busy day today !:D

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Happy Monday Everyone! Had a good weekend, hope everyone else did too!

Mikki - so glad to hear you are ok.. I just saw on the news this AM about all the flooding in your neck of the world! We could get Drummerboy Discount Giant Industrial Fans Shipping Company to send a bunch of fans to you to aim at those clouds and send them my way... we are in drought mode.. along with several other areas in the US...

Fresh coffee in the morning for anyone who wants some. See you then! (I have four conference calls tomorrow... help meeee-e-e-e-e!)

I'll sabotage your phone if you will sabotage mine! I'll skip the coffee... got any fat free/zero calorie flavored cappachino? Maybe Pumpkin Spice? Or Cinnamon something or other...

Good morning all..................... what's in store for everyone today ?

Hmmmm.. judging from the weekend posts I went thru I think you have a major waxing/nairing in store for you today! :thedolls:

offwego
07-23-2007, 08:46 AM
(looking around to make sure nobody is watching) Yes Big Al..... we sure do know the truth....... no female can beat any male in anything except shopping and talking ! :thumbsup: And tequila will help you sleep ! Want some ? :D I'm guessing by the first comment you already had a bunch right?

Girls, I think the Nair definitely needs to come out after that comment, don't you? And, maybe we should wax his legs as well. I'm feeling something for ears too no?

Anyway, glad to hear that all is well with everyone but it sure would be nice to hear from Mikki. Maybe the Canadian Mounties can go and seek her out for us? Ellen do you do PR work for the Mounties? You keep sending them in places. You do know the horse bit is mostly ceremonial now right?

Dinner sounds wonderful, Christine. Of course, after a few days of NutriSystem, cardboard sounds good. Actually I'm taking the evening off and have ordered something healthy from our local Chinese take-out place.
Does anyone but me see irony in cardboard food and chinese food in the same post?

Fresh coffee in the morning for anyone who wants some. See you then! (I have four conference calls tomorrow... help meeee-e-e-e-e!) I'll take some...are the confrence calls taped? I love that feature as you can go back and zoom through the limited part that might matter.

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 08:52 AM
:hi: Morning everyone! Seems like going home for a few hours on Friday did the trick.... I feel much better. Had a very busy weekend -- a Baby shower for my SinL on Saturday -- a bunch of her friends (who showed up with their uninvited children!) and some of our relatives.... It was lovely. She got a lot of really nice stuff (for which she has no idea of their uses!).
Yesterday, I slept in and just after I got up Brian brought a screaming Harry into the house. It seems as if he impaled himself on a tomato stake in the garden (Brian was in the process of changing them out too!). I took him to the hospital where after a 3 1/2 hour wait, he received 3 staples in his upper left buttox. Did you all hear him screaming where you are?

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Does anyone but me see irony in cardboard food and chinese food in the same post?

Oh my! How funny! I completely missed that irony when I read thru it... do you think Ellen missed those news reports?

Yesterday, I slept in and just after I got up Brian brought a screaming Harry into the house. It seems as if he impaled himself on a tomato stake in the garden (Brian was in the process of changing them out too!). I took him to the hospital where after a 3 1/2 hour wait, he received 3 staples in his upper left buttox. Did you all hear him screaming where you are?

OH MY! I sure hope Harry is ok. That's really scary! I can't believe they made him wait that long.. are you sure you didn't bring him down to our hospital? Hope he's doing better and that he heals quickly! I think the poor guy needs a trip to Disney to help him recover! Here's some :pixie: for his recovery! Hey! I posted those enchilada recipes over in the Water Cooler in the Cooking thread... hope you enjoy them!

disneydeb
07-23-2007, 09:16 AM
:hi: Morning everyone! Seems like going home for a few hours on Friday did the trick.... I feel much better. Had a very busy weekend -- a Baby shower for my SinL on Saturday -- a bunch of her friends (who showed up with their uninvited children!) and some of our relatives.... It was lovely. She got a lot of really nice stuff (for which she has no idea of their uses!).

Bless his heart! Does he need some:pixie: for the pain? Did he not need a tetanus shot?

offwego
07-23-2007, 09:21 AM
: It seems as if he impaled himself on a tomato stake in the garden (Brian was in the process of changing them out too!). I took him to the hospital where after a 3 1/2 hour wait, he received 3 staples in his upper left buttox. Did you all hear him screaming where you are?

Yikes!! So what glamorous tale is he creating for his friends about this? Didn't hear it but hope he is feeling better soon. Glad the baby shower is over with!!

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 10:15 AM
I'll pass the :pixie: along to Harry guys. Thanks. No need for a tetanus shot...it is part of the regular immunization series here in Ontario...so he's covered. Thankfully! :whew: He doesn't even want to talk about it -- He says "You tell them".

Yes, Nat. I am glad the shower is over with.... now it is on to Brian's 40th Birthday party on Saturday (his birthday is Thursday) .. I have 40 coming for dinner and I'm actually looking forward to this one! Shall I include all of the JQ crew as well? :confused:

drummerboy
07-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Yikes!! So what glamorous tale is he creating for his friends about this?
What, you're not helping him concoct his shark/bear bite story? "It was terrible--the shark/bear was almost ready to get my mom/dad when I stepped in to save him/her. What, this little scratch? Pshaw, just a momento of the occasion."

offwego
07-23-2007, 11:13 AM
What, you're not helping him concoct his shark/bear bite story? "It was terrible--the shark/bear was almost ready to get my mom/dad when I stepped in to save him/her. What, this little scratch? Pshaw, just a momento of the occasion."

Is Jenn supposed to help or me? Should this be another Drummerboy Discount service?

Oh on a totally unreleated topic I went shopping on Saturday and got a cool nail polish for our sept. trip. It's a green colour called "hey get in lime" How's that for funny? I also got a pretty dress and a neat top or two.

No shoes though (how shocking huh?)

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 11:16 AM
What, you're not helping him concoct his shark/bear bite story? "It was terrible--the shark/bear was almost ready to get my mom/dad when I stepped in to save him/her. What, this little scratch? Pshaw, just a momento of the occasion."Harry is my black and white kid....very little room for the grey.... I should have planted a story for him ... Anybody know any published authors that could help pen a tale? I think I'll use the Shark story for him Ken... It is the most plausible in our end of the ocean. ;)

Oh on a totally unreleated topic I went shopping on Saturday and got ...No shoes though (how shocking huh?)You need to get your priorities set. Shoes first then all else falls into place, right?

offwego
07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
You need to get your priorities set. Shoes first then all else falls into place, right?

Well...the dress is to go with the shoes I bought a few weeks ago. And really there wasn't anthing that grabbed me. I'll work on it I promise. Any colour requests out there?

pogo
07-23-2007, 12:09 PM
Yesterday, I slept in and just after I got up Brian brought a screaming Harry into the house. It seems as if he impaled himself on a tomato stake in the garden (Brian was in the process of changing them out too!). I took him to the hospital where after a 3 1/2 hour wait, he received 3 staples in his upper left buttox. Did you all hear him screaming where you are? So that's what I heard from across the lake ? I thought it was coming from Nat. I figured she just found the sale of a lifetime on the new dress she bought. :D

Give him a little :hug: from Patti and I. :D

now it is on to Brian's 40th Birthday party on Saturday (his birthday is Thursday) .. I have 40 coming for dinner and I'm actually looking forward to this one! Uhmm...... my invitation get lost in the mail or something ? :cry:

offwego
07-23-2007, 12:17 PM
So that's what I heard from across the lake ? I thought it was coming from Nat. I figured she just found the sale of a lifetime on the new dress she bought. :D

It was already on sale. Do you mean it's cheaper now? That's not funny mr. no name.

pogo
07-23-2007, 12:27 PM
It was already on sale. Do you mean it's cheaper now? That's not funny mr. no name.My DW has a system. She knows EXACTLY when the best sales are. She only buys during those times and only if she gets an additional % off with a coupon. She is amazing. I've seen her walk out of a store with over $600 suggested retail worth of clothes and she only spent about $45 for the lot.

Is that how you do it ? :confused:

And I have a name....... it's pogo !:D

Christine
07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Jenn, I am SO sorry that Harry got hurt! I hope his hiney heals up soon! :pixie:

Ken, I know you've been busy, but I really think it is time that we go someplace else, don't you?? I don't think outer space is good for us!

Jenn got a cold from all the space dust

Ellen has taken to eating cardboard

aliens have convinced Nat to paint her toes green

Alex is suffering from mistaken identity and/or multiple personalities

and I have been light-headed since we got here (from the anti-gravity, Mr. smarty pants!)

Can't we squeeze in one last summer trip before school starts back up? I'll try to help you think of something....hmmmm :mickey2: :minnie2: :goofy: :pluto: :donald:

disneydrmr
07-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Yes, Nat. I am glad the shower is over with.... now it is on to Brian's 40th Birthday party on Saturday (his birthday is Thursday) .. I have 40 coming for dinner and I'm actually looking forward to this one! Shall I include all of the JQ crew as well?

Please wish him a very happy birthday from me! Hmmm... would we need passports to come to your party? If so I think we'd be out of luck since there is such a back log that it's taking months and months for people to get them. Can you save us some cake though?

Hmmm... isn't there usually more than one shark/bear in tales like this.. you know.. "we were surrounded by them with no way out..they edged closer and closer..."

Harry is my black and white kid....very little room for the grey.... I should have planted a story for him ... Anybody know any published authors that could help pen a tale? I think I'll use the Shark story for him Ken... It is the most plausible in our end of the ocean.

Yea, I know a published author or two.. in fact, I believe there is one on this thread....

And I have a name....... it's pogo !

Yeah, but what the heck is your REAL name? :D

Ken, I know you've been busy, but I really think it is time that we go someplace else, don't you?? I don't think outer space is good for us!

Jenn got a cold from all the space dust

Ellen has taken to eating cardboard

aliens have convinced Nat to paint her toes green

Alex is suffering from mistaken identity and/or multiple personalities

and I have been light-headed since we got here (from the anti-gravity, Mr. smarty pants!)

Can't we squeeze in one last summer trip before school starts back up? I'll try to help you think of something....hmmmm :mickey2: :minnie2: :goofy:

AND.. the gravity has caused massive flooding in Mikki's neighborhood... Deb is now having gall bladder issues... pogo's real name is lost in space and the close quarters with Alex has him taking on his personality.... yep.. I'm with you Christine.. it's time for a change up...I like your idea :stitch::tigger::dumbo:

Mickey'sGirl
07-23-2007, 01:01 PM
Please wish him a very happy birthday from me! Hmmm... would we need passports to come to your party? If so I think we'd be out of luck since there is such a back log that it's taking months and months for people to get them. Can you save us some cake though?You don't need a passport to come here...just some government issued photo ID to get back into the States...... Just let me know if I need to add more water to the soup, and if you'll be picking up Cousin and Patti. :D

Didn't Ken mention the Arctic? I would love to go there (though I am philisophically opposed to going to the Antarctic if you don't mind)..... One of my greatest wishes is to see the Grizzleys in the MacKenzie Delta. Can we go and see the Grizzleys? Then the Polar Bears in Churchill....Hey, we could go on a Bear hunt!!! :pooh:

drummerboy
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Harry is my black and white kid.
He's a penquin? Great, he'll be right at home in our next location, which is...

Buckle in for the landing...