PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Lederhosen Spacesuits.

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

marlyn
07-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Let's see...

I once made macaroni and cheese and didn't drain the water before adding the cheese sauce

I hosted a dinner party and made chicken and rice, not realizing I had to COOK the rice first. After a guest almost broke a tooth, we moved on to the peanut butter pie I had made for dessert. It's pretty sad when people ask, "How did you learn to make peanut butter PUDDING!" Hello! That was PIE!

I made a lasagna that came out of the pan in ONE piece (but went in in multiple layers)

I made corn on the cob that you could eat with a spoon

Do you need more examples, or should I just stop there???

:stop: :stop: Point taken! So, should I ever swing out your way for a visit, what take-out place would you like me to stop at on the way??

Ummm, John is cooking the chicken you plan on sending me tongith right???? ;)

disneydeb
07-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Let's see...

I once made macaroni and cheese and didn't drain the water before adding the cheese sauce

I hosted a dinner party and made chicken and rice, not realizing I had to COOK the rice first. After a guest almost broke a tooth, we moved on to the peanut butter pie I had made for dessert. It's pretty sad when people ask, "How did you learn to make peanut butter PUDDING!" Hello! That was PIE!

I made a lasagna that came out of the pan in ONE piece (but went in in multiple layers)

I made corn on the cob that you could eat with a spoon

Do you need more examples, or should I just stop there???

Christine,
I believe you are related to my daughter Amy. She once wanted rice when I was not home. She found the Minute Rice, poured some in a bowl, put it in the microwave and cooked it on high for about 20:00 minutes. Luckily my husband got home and found my daughter on the computer and her rice, now blackened smoking up the kitchen.:D
You will neet Amy in October as she is coming with me, perhaps Ellen will target some time for a cook-off between you two! Should we request a time-slot?:D

Oh, and thanks for helping out an old person!:secret:;)

Dsnygirl
07-14-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi everybody!! It's been pretty busy around here, so no zooping in for me... how is everybody?? I hope you're all having a great weekend!! I'm at work now, so maybe I'll have a chance to catch up.... you never know. :fingers:
Well, I successfully played 9 holes with my DH today... and I actually did okay, as he tells it... I posted a final 66, and was just happy I was under 90!! ;) I actually had par on one hole, too!! Not bad, after 12 years off.... :blush:

Hi all. I have been out of town and am now in the middle of night shifts. Thought I would pop in for a quick hello. How is everyone's week going? It has been really hot here this last week. 96 degrees out. Having some thunder showers today but rest of week was glorious and sunny!

Have a fantastic weekend.
Glad you're back!! We missed you around here!! Hope you have a good night tonight...

Ellen and Blythe...did you notice I named my link up there????
Good job!! Now, if I can just remember how to do it next time I need to...

So, did anyone else hear that the lead guy from High School Musical (Zac Effron or whatever his name is) is going to play Kevin Bacon's part in the new version of "Footloose"???
I hadn't even heard they were re-doing "Footloose"... that's awesome!! :thumbsup:

Okay... I'm out for awhile... gonna have a baby soon, I think. I'll try to zoop in later!!

ElenitaB
07-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Rhonda and Mikki, hope your soirees went off well tonight!

Lynn, hope your patient is doing much better tonight.

Blythe, for a minute I misread what you wrote and was like... "wait... she's not pregnant." :laughing:

I did a load of laundry this morning (the first of many that are waiting for me) and went to see HP this afternoon! It was a nice change from working all the time. There is sometihing to be said for enjoying one's time off, huh?

will neet Amy in October as she is coming with me, perhaps Ellen will target some time for a cook-off between you two! Should we request a time-slot?:D
We want to continue to be welcome guests at WDW... I think you should have the cook-off in Ken's RV. ;)

Christine
07-14-2007, 10:48 PM
So, should I ever swing out your way for a visit, what take-out place would you like me to stop at on the way??

Ummm, John is cooking the chicken you plan on sending me tongith right???? ;)

Don't worry...if you ever head this way there are several places to drive thru on the way! :thumbsup:

The weather cooperated for John to grill, so since he cooked tonight, your dinner we sent up will be just fine! :whew:

You will neet Amy in October as she is coming with me, perhaps Ellen will target some time for a cook-off between you two! Should we request a time-slot?:D

Oh, and thanks for helping out an old person!:secret:;)

I look forward to meeting you and Amy then. And while you're not old, you ARE welcome! :secret:

Does anyone want a no-sugar ice cream sandwich? They are actually REALLY good! Who knew??? :shrug:

pogo
07-14-2007, 10:53 PM
Does anyone want a no-sugar ice cream sandwich? They are actually REALLY good! Who knew??? :shrug: I'll take some.... would you sprinkle a little sugar on it for me ? :D

disneydeb
07-14-2007, 11:26 PM
I'll take some.... would you sprinkle a little sugar on it for me ? :D

Don't you know if you put sugar in a sugar free substance you will blow up? KABOOM!:D

Beast_fanatic
07-14-2007, 11:58 PM
:sing: Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day. (like NEXT YEAR!) :sing:

Another dreary grey wet day here in the Lone Star State!

Sorry to hear your still "under the weather" ;) Christine!

We had the absolutely most glorious day here! :sun: The pool :swim: party went very well although we didn't have quite as many people as we anticipated so we have a lot of food leftover. What time should I expect you all tomorrow? :blush:

disneydeb
07-15-2007, 12:18 AM

We had the absolutely most glorious day here! :sun: The pool :swim: party went very well although we didn't have quite as many people as we anticipated so we have a lot of food leftover. What time should I expect you all tomorrow? :blush:

Glad to hear your party went well. I think some of us will show up at your place any time now as many of JQr's have been MIA all day!:D
Did you party like a rock star?:thumbsup::cool:

trackbarroness
07-15-2007, 05:52 AM
Awesome to hear your party wasn't rained out Rhonda. We've been getting the scattered storms here.
You wouldn't suppose it was because he was leading a group of guests away that looked like they were mesmerized? :D
We did have a JimmyC working at Space Mountain. I think Jr has taken over the duty of rounding up the wanna be :thedolls: So any volunteers? :thedolls:
j/k Lol

alpro2
07-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Just souping in to say, "hey". Is it "souping in" or "zooping in"?

disneydeb
07-15-2007, 07:48 AM

"Zooping in" is standard for dropping in to say Hi. "Souping in " is something from culinary school..., probably. Don't ya think?

Don't ask Christine or dd Amy.:ack::shake:

drummerboy
07-15-2007, 08:55 AM
We want to continue to be welcome guests at WDW... I think you should have the cook-off in Ken's RV. ;)
Sorry, DW's afraid of the gas stove and oven, so we only nuke stuff or use the toster oven in the RV. Sounds like they could create enough havoc with just those though, doesn't it?

Another dreary grey wet day here in the Lone Star State!
Wasn't that a Willy Nelson hit?

Zooming + Dropping = Zooping.
Sitting + Grouping = Souping, e.g.: the JQers were souping on the benches in front of Space Mountain, waiting to harrass Sandy.

These definitions can be found, of course, in DDPI's New International Discount Dictionary.

marlyn
07-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Lynn, hope your patient is doing much better tonight.

He was much better thanks. Poor man.

Glad you're back!! We missed you around here!! Hope you have a good night tonight...

It was better, and I missed you guys too. I am so tired now though, and am heading off to bed. I need to energy to head over to Rhonda's for the feast.

The weather cooperated for John to grill, so since he cooked tonight, your dinner we sent up will be just fine! :whew:
Does anyone want a no-sugar ice cream sandwich? They are actually REALLY good! Who knew??? :shrug:

Can I have one please? Tell John, thanks for the chicken. :)

The pool :swim: party went very well although we didn't have quite as many people as we anticipated so we have a lot of food leftover. What time should I expect you all tomorrow? :blush:

On my way....Can I have directions? Do I turn left or right when I get to Toronto? Or would it be South? If I am already heading East then South would be right correct? Or should I head South to Seattle, then turn left? What about diagonally?

Christine
07-15-2007, 01:00 PM

ba dump bump! :drummer: Oh, Rhonda, Rhonda, Rhonda!

Today the :sun: is out! The rest of the week doesn't look so bad...only about 5 days are calling for rain! whoopee.

I'm glad your party went well!

"Zooping in" is standard for dropping in to say Hi. "Souping in " is something from culinary school..., probably. Don't ya think?

Don't ask Christine or dd Amy.:ack::shake:

HEY! Wait...... no that's pretty fair! :blush:

We're going over to the new house today to see if they've been able to make any progress. The rain has really slowed things down :( . If things don't pick up, my :plot: plan may not work! (As it WAS, the house would be ready to move in while I am in Disney, so I would be "excused" from all the work! )

Everyone think warm sunny thoughts, okay???

Beast_fanatic
07-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Did you party like a rock star?:thumbsup::cool:

No furniture was broken, and the cops didn't show up, so I'm guessing the answer would be no. :blush:

I need to energy to head over to Rhonda's for the feast.

On my way....Can I have directions? Do I turn left or right when I get to Toronto? Or would it be South? If I am already heading East then South would be right correct? Or should I head South to Seattle, then turn left? What about diagonally?

Don't forget to make that left turn at Albuquerque!

Mind if I take a little nap while I wait for you to arrive? :sleepin:

ElenitaB
07-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Knock, knock, knock... Rhonda, are you napping?

I think maybe we should hold the "souping in" until Fall when it's cooler.

They're about to have WDW on Food Network (Amusement Park Eats)... but the editors apparently have never been there. Uh, the hydroponic gardens aren't in the Magic Kingdom! How much do you think these folks make to get their facts wrong?

Christine
07-15-2007, 06:51 PM
They're about to have WDW on Food Network (Amusement Park Eats)... but the editors apparently have never been there. Uh, the hydroponic gardens aren't in the Magic Kingdom! How much do you think these folks make to get their facts wrong?

I noticed that too Ellen! They were like, "After seeing the hydroponic gardens, take a spin on Buzz Lightyear, then have dinner at The Land"

What???

Beast_fanatic
07-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Knock, knock, knock... Rhonda, are you napping?

Nope. I'm still here. I had to stay awake so I could wake hubby up from his nap.

I noticed that too Ellen! They were like, "After seeing the hydroponic gardens, take a spin on Buzz Lightyear, then have dinner at The Land"

What???

Do you think they were just taking good advantage of the park hopper feature? ;)

disneydeb
07-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I saw Ratatouille yesterday. Now I'm trying to find a great recipe for it. Anyone have one?

I'm thinking about making a unit plan for school centerred around the story. Is there a book out yet?

ElenitaB
07-16-2007, 12:36 AM
There are several books out actually, including a cook book (which we haven't been able to find though I do know I could get it from Amazon). As for a recipe for ratatouille (I've always loved this dish), John Ratzenberger offered up a decent one on Good Morning America (for me, it needs to be simmered slowly and have a bay leaf in there). I'm sending you a PM with the link. Do you think we can pick up the herbs over in the MK's hydroponic garden? ;)

I'll have a pot of coffee on in the morning in case any wants some?

dlpmikki
07-16-2007, 01:38 AM
Its morning here - can I have that coffee now? :D

My dinner party went well. All the recipies worked fine, including the one I made up as I went along! Then in the afternoon I was interviewed on radio to promote the drinks on the deck party for next weekend. They rang up out of the blue and said would I mind? Do I mind free publicity - not at all!

Now all I have to do is get everything ready for next weekend, including the weather, and get more tickets sold! Busy week so I may not be zooping in too often. ;)

pogo
07-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Good morning all ! :hi:

This weekends plan didn't quite work out as planned. You might say we had Texas weather:rain: But we went to the Corn Hill Festival and listened to a great Blues Band and purchased some cute signs for our pool area. Want to see them ?

We also had the :rain: let off in time to cook out on the grill, Strip steaks, green beans from our garden, baked potatoe and then we finished it off with Blue berry pie w/ vanilla ice cream, low fat of course.

So how did your weekend go ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 08:27 AM
I saw Ratatouille yesterday. Now I'm trying to find a great recipe for it. Anyone have one?

I'm thinking about making a unit plan for school centerred around the story. Is there a book out yet?Someone posted "THE" Ratatouille recipe in the Cooking with Intercot thread for July.

THere are a ton of books out now....all different reader levels (I don't know what grade you are teaching) -- Euan's favourite is the Seek and Find. He sleeps with it!

How was everyone's weekend? It seems as though Mikki and Rhonda had successful soiree's.

disneydrmr
07-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Can anyone make July completely disappear? This is one month I will be more than glad to see gone. System crashes at work, financial problems, tragic/unexpected death in the family, and some other situations... I'm just dragging thru right now. I have no energy to read thru all that I've missed.. so if someone could please give me a Cliff Notes version... I have missed all of you and the daily chuckles I get... I sure could use a few today... so if there's any chuckles to spare send some my way...

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 09:02 AM
... so if there's any chuckles to spare send some my way...
Will a :hug: help, Di? I've missed you and Scott told us about your sudden loss. I am so sorry for you and your family.

offwego
07-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Sounds great... but do they sell cold milk to go with them?

Do people sell warm milk to drink without coffee? I've seen steamed milk at Starbucks but is just plain old warm a big seller somewhere?

There are no stupid questions...this is a thread for questions after all!
[QUOTE=cantgetenuff;1355116]I once made macaroni and cheese and didn't drain the water before adding the cheese sauceI hosted a dinner party and made chicken and rice, not realizing I had to COOK the rice first. After a guest almost broke a tooth, we moved on to the peanut butter pie I had made for dessert. It's pretty sad when people ask, "How did you learn to make peanut butter PUDDING!" Hello! That was PIE!I made a lasagna that came out of the pan in ONE piece (but went in in multiple layers)I made corn on the cob that you could eat with a spoonDo you need more examples, or should I just stop there???
I could kinda see how some of that could happen till you got to the corn. What did you do to that?

Okay... I'm out for awhile... gonna have a baby soon, I think. I'll try to zoop in later!! Ya know that sounds kinda odd right?

I think maybe we should hold the "souping in" until Fall when it's cooler. What about all the cold soups. Couldn't we just do those?

I'm thinking about making a unit plan for school centerred around the story. Is there a book out yet? I made some friday..Ellen mentions a bay leaf but I'm a flat leaf (or Italian style) parsely fan. For a "peasant" version I use zuchinni, eggplant and tomatoes with onion and garlic (about 3 cloves garlic for every 2 med. zuch, one small eggplant, one med. onion and 3-4 tomatoes that are on the smallish side) along with a splash of red wine vinegar, saute onion in 1-2 tbls olive oil, add other veggies, sprinkle in handful of chopped parsley simmer for aprox 1 hour or so (longer is better) chop aprox 1/4 cup fresh basil on when serving and grate a little paremsan on top. Eh Voila.

(for me, it needs to be simmered slowly and have a bay leaf in there). I'm sending you a PM with the link. Do you think we can pick up the herbs over in the MK's hydroponic garden? ;)

I'll have a pot of coffee on in the morning in case any wants some? Did you say coffee my good friend? If it will get me coffee I'll toss a bay leaf in.

Someone posted "THE" Ratatouille recipe in the Cooking with Intercot thread for July.
But the thread is scary...mind you the receipe looks good but a little too much work for my taste unless I've got company coming that would like all those veggies (which I don't I'm afraid)

disneydrmr
07-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Will a :hug: help, Di? I've missed you and Scott told us about your sudden loss. I am so sorry for you and your family.

A hug will make me cry.. in fact, just thinking about getting a hug is bringing tears to my eyes. So as long as you don't mind a soggy shoulder a hug would be nice... but if you have any corny jokes to tell... those would help also! Thanks for the sympathy... all losses/funerals are tough.. but this one just hit... I've never been to a 'young' person's funeral... just a totally different 'feel' it's really hard to explain, but this one brought me to the reality of my age...

hmmm... I need a question.... um, well, anyone have a suggestion for a question I could ask?

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 09:12 AM
but if you have any corny jokes to tell... those would help also! You ask and I deliver!Here is a corny joke for you.....

What did the baby corn say to the mommy corn?

Christine
07-16-2007, 09:49 AM
and purchased some cute signs for our pool area. Want to see them ?

Oh please tell me you got the one that says "We don't skinny dip, we chunky dunk!" I think that is WAY funnier than the "We don't swim in your toilet so please don't pee in our pool!"

Can anyone make July completely disappear? This is one month I will be more than glad to see gone.

Di, I am sorry about everything going on right now. I hope things start looking up quickly!

You ask and I deliver!Here is a corny joke for you.....

What did the baby corn say to the mommy corn?

and here she goes...

Let's see...did the baby corn say, "Hi Mom. Where's Pop?" ( :popcorn: )

drummerboy
07-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I have no energy to read thru all that I've missed.. so if someone could please give me a Cliff Notes version...
We are in trouble if the Cliff Notes Queen of JQ needs Cliff Notes.

For the really short version--We're all just as nuts as ever.

Anybody have a fire extinguisher I can aim at both ends of the candle? I think the middle just lit as well.

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Let's see...did the baby corn say, "Hi Mom. Where's Pop?" ( :popcorn: )Ohhhh so close! Baby corn said "Where's Pop corn?".

Well done Christine. Extra cookie rations for you!

Did my reiteration count as a question?

disneydrmr
07-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Di, I am sorry about everything going on right now. I hope things start looking up quickly!

and here she goes...

Let's see...did the baby corn say, "Hi Mom. Where's Pop?" ( :popcorn: )

I never thought of the 'pop' part of corn... I was trying to come up with a line that had 'ears' in it...

We are in trouble if the Cliff Notes Queen of JQ needs Cliff Notes.

For the really short version--We're all just as nuts as ever.

Anybody have a fire extinguisher I can aim at both ends of the candle? I think the middle just lit as well.

Um, thanks for the cliff note version of the cliff note version... you get the prize for summing up, what, about 15 pages of thread in just a few short words. I do have a fire extinguisher... and a nice squirt bottle... should we use both?

Ohhhh so close! Baby corn said "Where's Pop corn?".

Well done Christine. Extra cookie rations for you!

Did my reiteration count as a question?

Are there any cookies left for me after giving Christine her extra rations?

drummerboy
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
A guy in the cast keeps giving me jokes, but I can't repeat any of them here.

How about trying to picture this? DW is playing clarinet for the play. The band is crammed into a way-too-small space (I knew there was a good reason for me to be on stage this time). Part of the set is a stairway that descends to a 4' X 4' platform about five feet off the ground. So guess who's jammed in under the platform and out of sight? The clarinet player. She says that at least she won't worry about what to wear.

I told DW she might be in the safest place. If somebody misses a step in the dark, they'll take a dive right into the band. And of course yours truly has to use the stairway several times.

pogo
07-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Did you say coffee my good friend? If it will get me coffee I'll toss a bay leaf in.
But the thread is scary...mind you the receipe looks good but a little too much work for my taste unless I've got company coming that would like all those veggies (which I don't I'm afraid) Don't let Deb here you say you don't like veggies !

A hug will make me cry.. in fact, just thinking about getting a hug is bringing tears to my eyes. So as long as you don't mind a soggy shoulder a hug would be nice... but if you have any corny jokes to tell... those would help also! Thanks for the sympathy... all losses/funerals are tough.. but this one just hit... I've never been to a 'young' person's funeral... just a totally different 'feel' it's really hard to explain, but this one brought me to the reality of my age... I know how you are feeling. Nobody had a worse stretch than I did in January and February. Know what I did to cheer up ? Booked a trip to POFQ just to be with Cousin and family ! :D

Oh please tell me you got the one that says "We don't skinny dip, we chunky dunk!" I think that is WAY funnier than the "We don't swim in your toilet so please don't pee in our pool!"
:nope: We have one that says,"Welcome to our Resort..... Happy hour 24/7.... Tiki Bar Open." Then we bought one that says, "Key West", "Margaritaville", "It's five o'clock somewhere" and "Just another day in paradise", on different colored arrows. Don't you think that's cute ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 11:26 AM
:nope: We have one that says,"Welcome to our Resort..... Happy hour 24/7.... Tiki Bar Open." Then we bought one that says, "Key West", "Margaritaville", "It's five o'clock somewhere" and "Just another day in paradise", on different colored arrows. Don't you think that's cute ? :DDH is a firm believer in "It's 12 o'clock somewhere" :D

How are things Cousin? How about all of this rain? :rain:

offwego
07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Can anyone make July completely disappear?
Can you wait say 15 days? I can pull it off then no problem. Seriously, sorry so much bad stuff is going on. We've been thinking about you and Deb often and hope you'll be able to get through this difficult time.

On the funny side you did miss me buying shoes does that count? And Pogo went golfing alot..and Alex ate a lot of cookies...and it's been raining in Texas a fair bit.

Don't let Deb here you say you don't like veggies !

Not me Pogo I like veggies...I just don't have a lot of company coming that likes eggplant and or zuchinni at the same time. And the receipe from the movie is fiddly comapred to the "plain jane" version I normally make so I'm not doing it unless I get company that would eat it. (seeing as how DS isn't a big fan of zuch. unless it's in a curry). I used to be a vegetarian..in fact the only veggie I'm not too fond of is papaya (ok its a fruit but still) I eat most everything else and we buy alot of them that many people don't eat..go on test me!

pogo
07-16-2007, 11:47 AM
DH is a firm believer in "It's 12 o'clock somewhere" :D

How are things Cousin? How about all of this rain? :rain:Is this really :rain: from Texas ? Today is pretty nice in Rochester. It's a little cool though. :D

Not me Pogo I like veggies...I just don't have a lot of company coming that likes eggplant and or zuchinni at the same time. And the receipe from the movie is fiddly comapred to the "plain jane" version I normally make so I'm not doing it unless I get company that would eat it. (seeing as how DS isn't a big fan of zuch. unless it's in a curry). I used to be a vegetarian..in fact the only veggie I'm not too fond of is papaya (ok its a fruit but still) I eat most everything else and we buy alot of them that many people don't eat..go on test me! Oh no....... I trust you. Have you ever lied to me ? I guess I should have reviewed the recipe first.

Our garden is going gang busters right now. :thumbsup: We've harvested green beans, onions, zuchinni, summer squash, cukes and strawberries so far. Soon to be eating tomatoes and carrots as well. :D

offwego
07-16-2007, 11:51 AM
Oh no....... I trust you. Have you ever lied to me ? I guess I should have reviewed the recipe first.

Unless we share a shoe size your safe. And even then we should be good since I doubt we will be competing for the last sale pair. Jenn does this mean you have rain? It's very sunny here at least. Weather is weird is it not?

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Unless we share a shoe size your safe. And even then we should be good since I doubt we will be competing for the last sale pair. Jenn does this mean you have rain? It's very sunny here at least. Weather is weird is it not?
Off and on for 3 days....the sun is ablazing now, however. Saturday was one of the most cold and miserable days I can remember..... so we went and saw Transformers (They're more than meets the eye, you know...) Do you know Harry's biggest complaint about camp? Yep -- the food. He was upset that the cheese on his tacos wasn't melted the way I do it.... No son, there are 500 kids there waiting to be fed...they will not be individually warming your taco to a cheese melting temperature. Kids are funny. He's begging for spaghetti for tonight.... I knew he would, so I am prepared.

My little guys will eat the veggies in your gardens -- but my DH will have nothing to do with most of them! Thankfully the children have followed my lead in the veggie department! :thumbsup: My BinL had Ratatouille at his wedding reception. It was quite good if my memory serves.....

ElenitaB
07-16-2007, 01:39 PM
Now all I have to do is get everything ready for next weekend, including the weather, and get more tickets sold! Busy week so I may not be zooping in too often. ;)
We'll miss you... as for the weather, ask Rhonda for some help. Apparently she has some good connections upstairs!

Can anyone make July completely disappear? This is one month I will be more than glad to see gone. System crashes at work, financial problems, tragic/unexpected death in the family, and some other situations... I'm just dragging thru right now. I have no energy to read thru all that I've missed.. so if someone could please give me a Cliff Notes version... I have missed all of you and the daily chuckles I get... I sure could use a few today... so if there's any chuckles to spare send some my way...
Di, so good to have you back "home." You've had a rough patch but you will come out of it a bit stronger and wiser... believe me. It's certainly no fun going through it though. I don't mind having July around because I'm ending the month with a CT scan and that always makes me very nervous (the results, not the scan itself).

Are there any cookies left for me after giving Christine her extra rations?
Of course... don't you remember that this is the home of the bottomless coffee pot and the never-disappear cookie tray?

Pogo, we'll be glad to take any veggies you don't want, off your hands. Veggies are good but fresh veggies are :cloud9: And, Nat, I'll eat zukes and eggplant at the same meal... particularly if they're in homemade ratatoiulle! :tasty: Ken, how much is DDVDS charging these days?

Speaking of cookies, anyone have an extra?

pogo
07-16-2007, 02:08 PM
My little guys will eat the veggies in your gardens -- but my DH will have nothing to do with most of them! Thankfully the children have followed my lead in the veggie department!
What kind of red tape would I have to go through at the border if I decided to bring some veggies up to you and the boys ? :confused:

Pogo, we'll be glad to take any veggies you don't want, off your hands. Veggies are good but fresh veggies are :cloud9:
Hhhhmmmmm...... How come everybody is willing to help me out now ? ;)

Actually, we give very little away unless we meet somebody that needs it more than us. I gave away about ten summer squashes to a lady that has three kids and makes very little money. I'll take her some of the Zukes and Cukes when I have more. :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
What kind of red tape would I have to go through at the border if I decided to bring some veggies up to you and the boys ? :confused:
It depends on the status of your passport...;)

We only have 9 tomato plants and two cucumber plants this year...... It's hard enough to keep the doggies away from the tomatoes (they LOVE LOVE LOVE them!). Our backyard is substantially smaller at the new house (maybe a quarter of the size or less of our old house).

Ellen has a hydroponia, don't you know. Ellen, what's on tap in the hydroponia these days???

pogo
07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
It depends on the status of your passport...;)
We don't have a passport. I don't think we need one to drive into Canada, do we ?

Ellen has a hydroponia, don't you know. Ellen, what's on tap in the hydroponia these days???
Really ? How cool ! :cool:

What's a hydroponia ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 02:41 PM
We don't have a passport. I don't think we need one to drive into Canada, do we ?
No, not into Canada, though I'm not sure about the return to the States.... I think you might need one for that. Our plans for the 4th might be Stateside then? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Just checked the U.S. Department of State website and it says: "No, but it is recommended that U.S. citizens carry and present government-issued identification when requested. Although not currently required to present a document, U.S. citizens arriving by land and sea must still establish to the satisfaction of the inspecting officer that they are U.S. citizens. " ... So government issued photo id is fine. A passport is not required. :whew:

How will you take that round the world trip when you win it if you don't have a passport? :confused:

Christine
07-16-2007, 03:25 PM
Is this really :rain: from Texas ?

If it's really BIG drops with little cowboy hats on, then it's Texas Rain! :cowboy:

Well, since you all liked the peanut butter kiss cookies, today I made the only other cookie I am "good" at making...sandbars! Enjoy!

Need some milk?

disneydeb
07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
I am so glad everyone is eating their veggies!

I haven't had much time to post lately, my grandson is getting a bit more demanding. I'm keeping him this summer. I love teaching, but I will retire ASAP to do this full time.:D

Why did I ever hesitate to embrace becoming a grandmother?

Christine
07-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Now I wouldn't go so far as to say we're ALL eating our veggies, Deb! Sounds like at the very least, Brian and I do not touch that rabbit food! :nope:

Bread, cheese, and chocolate....is there really any need for anything else??

disneydeb
07-16-2007, 04:06 PM
Now I wouldn't go so far as to say we're ALL eating our veggies, Deb! Sounds like at the very least, Brian and I do not touch that rabbit food! :nope:

Turnip greens, broccoli, squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, mustard greens, kale, garden fresh tomatoes, okra, corn, green beans, and many , many more.... How can one live without them?

Dsnygirl
07-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Wow!! Lots to catch up on... the past few days have been pretty busy, so I haven't had much time for "zooping" or "souping", or whatever it is we're doing these days...

So how did your weekend go ?
Our weekend was good... pretty busy, but fun. The only non-fun part for me was working/sleeping Sat/Sun, but I was up early on Sunday to play, and we had dinner out at the lake, followed by ice-cream cones... can't beat that!! :D

Di, I'm so sorry things are rough for you right now... warning -- I'm sending a :hug: your way b/c I'm clean out of jokes at the moment!! I'm sure hoping things begin to get better for you soon....

We have one that says,"Welcome to our Resort..... Happy hour 24/7.... Tiki Bar Open." Then we bought one that says, "Key West", "Margaritaville", "It's five o'clock somewhere" and "Just another day in paradise", on different colored arrows. Don't you think that's cute ?
I think those are great, but I think we need the one you just bought w/ all the arrows... my DH named our screened in porch "Margaritaville" when we moved in, and I think it needs a sign like that!! :D I'll have to get myself to a craft fair soon....

I don't mind having July around because I'm ending the month with a CT scan and that always makes me very nervous (the results, not the scan itself).

Ellen, I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers and :pixie: your way at the end of the month, that everything goes well and things look better!! :)
I also have some peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies to share -- would you like me to send you some? I'll express send them your way, and make sure some get on their way to Deb, too.

Hope everyone's Monday is going well... my girls are at camp again this week (I know, Christine, but it seems they love the torture... ;)) so I'm on my own today and tomorrow... rather an odd feeling. I went to the gym and the driving range, ran a few errands, popped into a new (to us) gift shop in town... now I've got to do a little work around here before I go pick up the girls. A little vacuuming and :laundry:. I think. DH won't be home for dinner tonight (poor man got invited to a charity golf outing, followed by a lobster dinner... I told him he'd better explain to whoever was serving the lobster that he has a very loving and supportive wife at home who would just LOVE an extra coming home w/ him... :blush:) As I'm pretty sure that won't work, I've got to come up with dinner ideas for the girls and I. Think they'd eat Ratatouille??? All this talk of it's got me hungry for some...

Christine
07-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey, guess what we just got? The park down the street from us just installed a frisbee golf course! Anyone want to play?

disneydrmr
07-16-2007, 04:42 PM

Ohhh... can I come to your house and eat?

Turnip greens, broccoli, squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, mustard greens, kale, garden fresh tomatoes, okra, corn, green beans, and many , many more.... How can one live without them?

I believe me and Christine are proof that you can live without them.. Greenbeans, broccoli, cauliflower and corn - THOSE are THE only veggies one needs! Isn't tomatoes considered a fruit?

Hey, guess what we just got? The park down the street from us just installed a frisbee golf course! Anyone want to play?

Me! I haven't played since college. And it's wonderful exercise.. I made a deal with my DH that if I get my weight down to 115 lbs by my Disneyland trip in November I will be 'allowed' to buy a Stitch doll while there!!!! So I need to get in all the exercise I can! I spent 1/2 hour of my lunch hour just walking around our parking lot.

offwego
07-16-2007, 04:47 PM

My stepfather loves this. Has a bunch of the "proper" frisbee's for it and everything. This just might get them to Texas. (The big excitement in us moving here was a nearby frisbee golf course)

Have you ever played?

ElenitaB
07-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Hhhhmmmmm...... How come everybody is willing to help me out now ?
And you need to ask? Why everyone knows it's because we're so sweet and nice! :angel:

Well, since you all liked the peanut butter kiss cookies, today I made the only other cookie I am "good" at making...sandbars! Enjoy!

Need some milk?
I think I may need the milk to wash the sand out from my teeth. ;)

Don't they say that grandkids are your reward for having survived your children? It's my goal to become a grandmother! :old:

Now, let's see... cheese used to be a vegetable (converted grass) and chocolate is actually made from a fruit... so you're not doing too badly there! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's Monday is going well... my girls are at camp again this week (I know, Christine, but it seems they love the torture... ;)) so I'm on my own today and tomorrow... rather an odd feeling. I went to the gym and the driving range, ran a few errands, popped into a new (to us) gift shop in town... now I've got to do a little work around here before I go pick up the girls. A little vacuuming and :laundry:. I think. DH won't be home for dinner tonight (poor man got invited to a charity golf outing, followed by a lobster dinner... I told him he'd better explain to whoever was serving the lobster that he has a very loving and supportive wife at home who would just LOVE an extra coming home w/ him... :blush:) As I'm pretty sure that won't work, I've got to come up with dinner ideas for the girls and I. Think they'd eat Ratatouille??? All this talk of it's got me hungry for some...
My gosh... you're really getting into this golf thing... are you under the psychic influence of certain JQers who will remain unnamed? (But you know who they are :golf: )

My stepfather loves this. Has a bunch of the "proper" frisbee's for it and everything. This just might get them to Texas. (The big excitement in us moving here was a nearby frisbee golf course)

Have you ever played?
Oh, I want to learn to play! That sounds like so much fun!

What's for dinner?

pogo
07-16-2007, 06:24 PM
How will you take that round the world trip when you win it if you don't have a passport? :confused:
I really don't want to win a trip around the world. Would you like it if I win it ? If so, it's yours, cousin. :hug:

If it's really BIG drops with little cowboy hats on, then it's Texas Rain! :cowboy:
Yep...... them's the ones....... and they were doing a lot of bragging too ! :D

I am so glad everyone is eating their veggies!

I haven't had much time to post lately, my grandson is getting a bit more demanding. I'm keeping him this summer. I love teaching, but I will retire ASAP to do this full time.:D

Awe....... I bet you're a good Granny !

Turnip greens, broccoli, squash, zucchini, sweet potatoes, mustard greens, kale, garden fresh tomatoes, okra, corn, green beans, and many , many more.... How can one live without them?That's a good question, how ?

One day the little camper will grow up and start eating her veggies, you wait and see. ;)
Do you think Olivia is watching what you do and don't eat, little camper ? :D

pogo
07-16-2007, 06:31 PM
And you need to ask? Why everyone knows it's because we're so sweet and nice! :angel: Do you tell that to all the guys ? :D

My gosh... you're really getting into this golf thing... are you under the psychic influence of certain JQers who will remain unnamed? (But you know who they are :golf: )
I resemble that remark !:D

:golf: "FORE" !

disneydeb
07-16-2007, 07:59 PM
corn, peas, potatoes,tomatos, carrots.etc.:D
truly!

[QUOTE=pogo;1357406]

:golf: "FORE" !

I always thought it was 4!

pjbs35a
07-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Anybody want to ride along on my trip to Oklahoma City this week ???

Be back Thursday night and then on to Pensacola, Florida to see the Blue Angles (http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/) on Friday.

alpro2
07-16-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by offwego
What about all the cold soups. Couldn't we just do those?

:ack:

You can swim in my toilet if you want to. :D

How about: "Welcome to our ool. Notice there is no "P" in it; let's keep it that way".

Can I use a pink frisbee?

pogo
07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
:ack:

You can swim in my toilet if you want to. :D

How about: "Welcome to our ool. Notice there is no "P" in it; let's keep it that way".

Are you trying to make our little camper mad ? :D

alpro2
07-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Are you trying to make our little camper mad ? :D
me? ;) :D

pogo
07-16-2007, 09:52 PM
me? ;) :D

Yeeeeeeeesssss...... you. Where is she anyways ? :shrug:

How's your golf game ? :D

ElenitaB
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Be back Thursday night and then on to Pensacola, Florida to see the Blue Angles (http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/) on Friday.
They're flying protractors these days? :fresh:

(You honestly didn't think we'd not notice, did you?)

I love a good road trip but I'll have to pass this time... safe travels and happy trails to you!

marlyn
07-17-2007, 12:00 AM
I really don't want to win a trip around the world. Would you like it if I win it ? If so, it's yours, cousin.

I will take it if Jenn doesn't want it! :D

Always wanted to go there...sign me up!

I will travel anywhere. Oh to have all the money in the world! The need to travel is a mysterious force. There are so many places calling my name...can you hear them?

We had a wonderful day Adam & I. Scott is off visiting his Father so it is just Adam & I alone. The weather is wonderful and we spent the day out on the beach in front of my house. Despite my urge to tarvel, I can't help but look out my window in amazement at the beauty we have here...but then again there is beauty all over and I want to see it! Quite a contradiction isn't it? I love where I am, but I want to see everything else there is also.

Beast_fanatic
07-17-2007, 12:55 AM
:pixie: and :hug: to everyone that needs them! And, Mikki, I'm doing my anti-rain dance for you! It worked wonders for us!

I'll likely be a little scarce over the next week or two (OK, a little more scarce than usual), so everyone be on their best behavior. ;)

Sweet potatoes, tomatoes (but not the slimy seed part), corn and green beans are the only things in that list that I'll eat. :blush:

Sure, drop by and pick me up on the way, OK? And, if not, be sure to wave as you pass by! :hi:

Christine
07-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Have you ever played?

Nope, not yet!

Oh, I want to learn to play! That sounds like so much fun!

As soon as I learn, I'll teach you! :thumbsup:

Yep...... them's the ones....... and they were doing a lot of bragging too ! :D

Oooo, those are specifically Texas A&M raindrops! GIg 'em!

I would expect nothing less :shake:

Where is she anyways ? :shrug:

Here I am! The in-laws are back in town for part two of their visit, so I spent the day visiting with them...and then we played several hands of cards!! Guess who won??!! :cheer:

Oooo, look at the time! I guess it's bedtime
for bonzo!

dlpmikki
07-17-2007, 03:47 AM
:pixie: and :hug: to everyone that needs them! And, Mikki, I'm doing my anti-rain dance for you! It worked wonders for us!

Thank you! The forecast is currently dreadful so we sure need your help!

All this talk of vegetables reminds me of a Mickey joke. What story is about Mickey having a conversation with vegetables?

Mickey and the Beans talk!

pogo
07-17-2007, 07:09 AM
Here I am! The in-laws are back in town for part two of their visit, so I spent the day visiting with them...and then we played several hands of cards!! Guess who won??!! Would that be you ?

I will take it if Jenn doesn't want it! :D

Always wanted to go there...sign me up!

I will travel anywhere. Oh to have all the money in the world! The need to travel is a mysterious force. There are so many places calling my name...can you hear them?

We had a wonderful day Adam & I. Scott is off visiting his Father so it is just Adam & I alone. The weather is wonderful and we spent the day out on the beach in front of my house. Despite my urge to tarvel, I can't help but look out my window in amazement at the beauty we have here...but then again there is beauty all over and I want to see it! Quite a contradiction isn't it? I love where I am, but I want to see everything else there is also.
Click your heels three times and repeat after me........ "there's no place like home..... there's no place like home."

OK........ traveling is fun and seeing the world is exciting. I just don't have the desire. Why leave the beauty we have around us ? But if Jenn doesn't want the trip.... it's yours. :D

Thank you! The forecast is currently dreadful so we sure need your help!

All this talk of vegetables reminds me of a Mickey joke. What story is about Mickey having a conversation with vegetables?

Mickey and the Beans talk! I hope your weather clears up. :pixie:

Beast_fanatic
07-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Pogo, could you send that boat back please? This time it wasn't rain - it was an overflowing toilet. We now have a pond in the middle of the house (waiting for the water damage people to arrive)...

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2007, 08:33 AM
My gosh... you're really getting into this golf thing... are you under the psychic influence of certain JQers who will remain unnamed? Don't you mean psychotic JQers?

I really don't want to win a trip around the world. Would you like it if I win it ? If so, it's yours, cousin. Honestly, the children and I are always passported in case such an occasion arises! I'll take it Cousin! :thumbsup:

Be back Thursday night and then on to Pensacola, Florida to see the Blue Angles (http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/) on Friday.I think my DH would love to join you....Do you have room in your case for him?

All this talk of vegetables reminds me of a Mickey joke. What story is about Mickey having a conversation with vegetables?.............................
Mickey and the Beans talk!I don't think Mikki is a real threat to my corny joke reign...or is she?

Pogo, could you send that boat back please? This time it wasn't rain - it was an overflowing toilet. We now have a pond in the middle of the house (waiting for the water damage people to arrive)...YIKES :hide2: I can't imagine anything worse. I am so sorry Rhonda -- you sure are getting beaten up my your house this summer! :pixie: for a quick resolution!

pogo
07-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Pogo, could you send that boat back please? This time it wasn't rain - it was an overflowing toilet. We now have a pond in the middle of the house (waiting for the water damage people to arrive)... The boat is on it's way.... do you need a plunger too or would dynamite be more appropriate ?

Honestly, the children and I are always passported in case such an occasion arises! I'll take it Cousin! As I said before, if I win it, You've got it ! Unless it is a trip around World Showcase. Then I'll share it. :D

disneydeb
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Pogo, could you send that boat back please? This time it wasn't rain - it was an overflowing toilet. We now have a pond in the middle of the house (waiting for the water damage people to arrive)...

Oh Rhonda! I'm so sorry. At least it waited until your party was over,right? Here's some absorbing pixie dust to help with the problem.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Nascfan
07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Hi gang. How's everyone doing?

Buried at work here. Things have got to calm down soon, don't they?

Christine
07-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Rhonda, I'm sorry to hear about your newest version of flooding! That really stinks (sorry, maybe not the best choice of words, huh?)

Scott, good to see you! I have learned you have to MAKE things slow down...they won't on their own. Try to take it easy!

What's everyone else up to? Not much here. The in-laws went to run some errands, so I am about to have a baked potato for lunch and then DD and I will go get mani/pedis! I LOVE having a girl! :princess:

drummerboy
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
I don't think Mikki is a real threat to my corny joke reign...or is she?

How about this? Did you know there's a new devil just for southerners? Beezelbubba.

Buried at work here. Things have got to calm down soon, don't they?
I've got the opposite problem. Not near enough, which is bad when you're self-employed.

pogo
07-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Buried at work here. Things have got to calm down soon, don't they? Doing great Scott. :thumbsup:

Do they ever really calm down ? :D

What's everyone else up to? Not much here. The in-laws went to run some errands, so I am about to have a baked potato for lunch and then DD and I will go get mani/pedis! I LOVE having a girl!

Wow...... you're eating a veggie ? :confused:

I loved having my daughter too until she turned about 14 and decided her parents were just trying to ruin her life. :drama: She couldn't stand being around us anymore. :fit: She lied and snuck and lied and snuck some more.

It took her three children before she realized dear old Dad wasn't trying to ruin her life after all. Yep...... her third child was a girl and now she's the bad guy. :funny: :laughing:
Life comes full circle. :D

ElenitaB
07-17-2007, 02:42 PM
Just zooping in to say hi!

Rhonda, I'm so sorry about your latest house mishap. Here's some extra absorbent :pixie:

See you later, guys!

Christine
07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow...... you're eating a veggie ? :confused:

Well, to be honest and before you get TOO proud of me, it's really more a "I'm having a little potato to go with my sour cream, butter, bacon bits, and cheese" kind of thing! :blush:

I loved having my daughter too until she turned about 14 and decided her parents were just trying to ruin her life. :drama: She couldn't stand being around us anymore. :fit: She lied and snuck and lied and snuck some more.

We're DREADING this part! I'm thinking finishing school in the Alps may be the way to go! :thumbsup:

Ellen, what's the rush? You left in such a hurry your question flew out the door with you! ;)

Ken, can we go someplace else now? All this outer space no-gravity stuff is making me light-headed! (Quiet little al !!)

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2007, 03:13 PM

Just zooping in to say hi! :hi: to you guys too!

How about this? Did you know there's a new devil just for southerners? Beezelbubba.It doesn't appear as though you will be a threat either. Best to stick to the :drum: Bongo Boy!
Anyone know the way to San Jose? Just askin' .:D

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
We're DREADING this part! I'm thinking finishing school in the Alps may be the way to go! :thumbsup:Stop worrying. You turned out all right didn't you ?(quiet little al , Pogo and any other smart alex's)

pogo
07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Stop worrying. You turned out all right didn't you ?(quiet little al , Pogo and any other smart alex's)

:funny: :laughing: Ha,ha...... little al...........

I love it ! :D

Hey wait a minute....... do you think I'm as bad as little al ? :huh: :faint:

Christine
07-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Stop worrying. You turned out all right didn't you ?

THIS is what scares me! Looking back on my teen years, it's a wonder that I even LIVED long enough to "turn out all right". :beer: :marg: :beer: :dance: :smokin:

**I need help, gang! I just realized that my parent's anniversary is TODAY! I tried to send an online gift certificate from Applebees (their favorite restaurant in hicks-ville Nebraska), but they don't do printable instant email certificates...only snail mail which won't get there today!

Anyone have ANY ideas of either other online certificates (remembering though that this is hicks-ville Nebraska, and there is not much there) or anything else I could do???? :yikes:

Mickey'sGirl
07-17-2007, 03:30 PM
Give them a call and wish them Happy Anniversary. Tell them that you were going to do the Applebees thing but they couldn't do it..... Would they prefer another restaurant?

pogo
07-17-2007, 03:34 PM
**I need help, gang! I just realized that my parent's anniversary is TODAY! I tried to send an online gift certificate from Applebees (their favorite restaurant in hicks-ville Nebraska), but they don't do printable instant email certificates...only snail mail which won't get there today!

Anyone have ANY ideas of either other online certificates (remembering though that this is hicks-ville Nebraska, and there is not much there) or anything else I could do???? :yikes: Did you try and send them an FTD arrangment ? They will deliver to anybody in hicks ville, any state. :D

Christine
07-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Did you try and send them an FTD arrangment ? They will deliver to anybody in hicks ville, any state. :D

Same day??

pogo
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Same day??I don't know.... never tried same day. Would you believe I'm more organized than that ?

Give it a try and if all else fails, call them and ask if they got the flowers you sent them. Then you can pretend to get mad at the florist. :thumbsup:

you owe me for this one. :D

Christine
07-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Give them a call and wish them Happy Anniversary. Tell them that you were going to do the Applebees thing but they couldn't do it..... Would they prefer another restaurant?

I don't know.... never tried same day. Would you believe I'm more organized than that ?

Give it a try and if all else fails, call them and ask if they got the flowers you sent them. Then you can pretend to get mad at the florist. :thumbsup:

I like this! The old "it's not my fault...I tried " routine! Brilliant!

Thanks! I owe you two some cookies! :thumbsup:

Do you think Olivia will try this someday for me and JOhn's anniversary?

pogo
07-17-2007, 03:46 PM

Thanks! I owe you two some cookies! :thumbsup:

Cookies........ just cookies ? how about that ride on EE with me ? :D

disneydrmr
07-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Hello again! What a day... this is suppossed to be our slow summer time.. I'm dreading when school starts..

How about this? Did you know there's a new devil just for southerners? Beezelbubba.

:laughing::silly:

Well, to be honest and before you get TOO proud of me, it's really more a "I'm having a little potato to go with my sour cream, butter, bacon bits, and cheese" kind of thing! :blush:

Yum! You and I seem to have the same taste in food! Are you using REAL bacon bits?

Anyone know the way to San Jose? Just askin' .:D

Don't you take a left turn at Albequergue?

Did you try and send them an FTD arrangment ? They will deliver to anybody in hicks ville, any state. :D

Same day??

Yes Christine, they do deliver same day if you call early enough. I've done it many, many times. You can call your local florist and order thru them. They then call one near your parent's and set everything up.

drummerboy
07-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I loved having my daughter too until she turned about 14 and decided her parents were just trying to ruin her life. :drama: She couldn't stand being around us anymore. She lied and snuck and lied and snuck some more.

It took her three children before she realized dear old Dad wasn't trying to ruin her life after all. Yep...... her third child was a girl and now she's the bad guy. :funny: :laughing:
Life comes full circle.
Amazing how universal (should I use that word on a Disney board?) that is isn't it?

We're DREADING this part! I'm thinking finishing school in the Alps may be the way to go!
Wouldn't work. They still find ways to sneak out.

Ken, can we go someplace else now? All this outer space no-gravity stuff is making me light-headed! (Quiet little al !!)
[Resist urge to comment. Resist urge to comment.]

It doesn't appear as though you will be a threat either. Best to stick to the :drum: Bongo Boy!
See if I give you any bada-bings

Stop worrying. You turned out all right didn't you ?(quiet little al , Pogo and any other smart alex's)
Must you always muzzle our best opportunities?

**I need help, gang! I just realized that my parent's anniversary is TODAY! Anyone have ANY ideas of either other online certificates or anything else I could do????

Undoubtedly they will think you lived in a vaccum just as we think our parents lived in a vaccuum. :D:thedolls:

offwego
07-17-2007, 05:17 PM
I like this! The old "it's not my fault...I tried " routine! Brilliant! Do you think Olivia will try this someday for me and JOhn's anniversary? Isn't that why you are thinking of sending her to finishing school?

Undoubtedly they will think you lived in a vaccum just as we think our parents lived in a vaccuum. :D:thedolls: Do you mean to say we didn't? The stories I could tell you about my parents! OY VEY!

On the other hand I suppose there could be the odd one about me but minor all things considered.

Dsnygirl
07-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Hi everybody -- just zooping in for a moment before I make dinner & head off to work... how was everyone's day?? You guys have been busy here... You'd think w/ the girls at camp, I'd have more time to check in, but it's actually less... I'm trying to get tons of stuff done around here so that when they're back around next week, we can just play. :D

Despite my urge to tarvel, I can't help but look out my window in amazement at the beauty we have here...but then again there is beauty all over and I want to see it! Quite a contradiction isn't it? I love where I am, but I want to see everything else there is also.
I'm just the same way, Lynne... if I had unlimited $$$, I'd travel all over the place, and show my girls the world. There are so many places I'd love to see.... but for now, they'll just have to wait. Maybe someday... :cool:

We're DREADING this part! I'm thinking finishing school in the Alps may be the way to go! :thumbsup:

Can Julia & Emma join Olivia? I'm sure we'll be looking for something like that when the teen years hit, too... yipes. Must be why they're so cute & loveable now -- so we don't eat them when they're older.... :blush:

Hope everyone's day finishes well -- I'm off to work tonight, and for the next two, as well. So, if anyone's up & around later, I'll see you then!! :)

alpro2
07-17-2007, 06:03 PM

:funny: :laughing: Ha,ha...... little al...........

I love it ! :D

Hey wait a minute....... do you think I'm as bad as little al ? :huh: :faint:
Har-dee-har-har. So funny I forgot to laugh. :D

OY VEY!

Is that a French-Canadian word?

OK boys and girls, what's on tap for this fine summer evening?

Nascfan
07-17-2007, 09:11 PM
OK boys and girls, what's on tap for this fine summer evening?

Being out on the course with my daughter until it was almost too dark to see. What a beautiful evening. She shot a 5 over par for nine holes on the par 3 course. Not too shabby, huh? :D:thumbsup:

Hey girls, Christine and Blythe specifically, I'm by no means an expert, but continue what you are doing with your daughters. Include them, be with them, do things with them, as much as possible. I truly think that's one reason ours is turning out the way she is. I mean, are there many 15 year-old girls who WANT to be with their dad all evening at the golf course? Mine just did, and it feels wonderful. You ladies continue the good path that you've been travelling with your daughters, and everything will be just fine. :thumbsup:

disneydeb
07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't know.... never tried same day. Would you believe I'm more organized than that ?

:thedolls:
I like the way your mind works and it's a little scary.:D

I just turned to my daughter and told her this one. She didn't get it. Should I worry? :confused:

ElenitaB
07-17-2007, 10:10 PM
How could I have forgotten my question? It must have been the influence of ... work! :faint:

We're not doing too much tonight but I did stop working at 7:00... which is a really early night for me. Anyone else watch Shaq's Big Challenge? Tomorrow Ben and I start our new exercise routine and the NutriSystem boxes arrived today. He started today, I'll start tomorrow (I had food that I had taken out of the freezer that I wanted to use up). So I'll still be having cookies, they'll just be NutriSystem cookies. The other ones will be for y'all.

See y'all tomorrow morning!

pogo
07-17-2007, 10:22 PM
On the other hand I suppose there could be the odd one about me but minor all things considered. Care to talk about it ? :blush:

Hope everyone's day finishes well -- I'm off to work tonight, and for the next two, as well. So, if anyone's up & around later, I'll see you then!! :hi: Neighbor..... I will be sound asleep by the time you start. I hope you have a peacefull shift tonight.

Har-dee-har-har. So funny I forgot to laugh. :D

Good comeback ! :thumbsup: Is that the best you could come up with ? This is the first time that I've been dissapointed in any of your posts. :nope: Not good at all. :D

I like the way your mind works and it's a little scary.
We are more alike than you care to admit, aren't we ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Did somebody say something? Can you speak a little louder, please? There are 4 industrial size fans :fan: running in here, and it's a little hard to hear! :listen:

The boat is on it's way.... do you need a plunger too or would dynamite be more appropriate ?

Nope, the plunging is all taken care of. Thanks anyway.

Anyone else watch Shaq's Big Challenge?

I was watching it, but I completely forgot it was on tonight. :doh:

Christine
07-18-2007, 12:01 AM
:

Hey girls, Christine and Blythe specifically, I'm by no means an expert, but continue what you are doing with your daughters. Include them, be with them, do things with them, as much as possible. I truly think that's one reason ours is turning out the way she is. I mean, are there many 15 year-old girls who WANT to be with their dad all evening at the golf course? Mine just did, and it feels wonderful. You ladies continue the good path that you've been travelling with your daughters, and everything will be just fine. :thumbsup:

That's great advice. I am glad to see that is is possible to have a good mellow teenage girl!

Tomorrow Ben and I start our new exercise routine and the NutriSystem boxes arrived today. He started today, I'll start tomorrow

Will you please tell me how this works out for you guys , Ellen? I have been interested in it, but I am a picky eater. Plus I am a little apprehensive of the $$.

I played bunco tonight...lost again :( Oh well.
I still had fun.

Not much else going on...oops! DFIL just started shuffling the cards! I'm off to put a whooping on some folks!

Dsnygirl
07-18-2007, 01:28 AM
Being out on the course with my daughter until it was almost too dark to see. What a beautiful evening. She shot a 5 over par for nine holes on the par 3 course. Not too shabby, huh? :D:thumbsup:

:) Thanks so much for the words of encouragement!! I will have to share them w/ my DH when I get home... he would LOVE to have his 15yr old daughter/s out on the course with him. He's currently contemplating infecting our almost 9 year old w/ his golf obsession - not that I'd mind, mind you... he's taken her out once to watch, and all she wanted to do was play! :D

:hi: Neighbor..... I will be sound asleep by the time you start. I hope you have a peacefull shift tonight.

Thank you for saying peaceful and not the "Q" word... so far, so good!! Thanks for the good luck!! :thumbsup:

Not much else going on...oops! DFIL just started shuffling the cards! I'm off to put a whooping on some folks!
So.... what'd you play? Did you win? Are you still up???
Is anybody out there????:confused:

marlyn
07-18-2007, 02:39 AM
Since everyone seems to be zooping lately, I will zoop in before bed to say Goodnight. I have an inservice at work tomorrow to attend and then I am off to see Ratatouille after.

Have a great day!

What does zoop mean anyhow, and where did that saying come from?

disneydeb
07-18-2007, 06:57 AM
What's everyone up to today?

I'm keeping grandson for the biggest part of the day and I have a massage scheduled!
Yippee! See you later after I'm more relaxed.:D

drummerboy
07-18-2007, 08:06 AM
What does zoop mean anyhow, and where did that saying come from?
"Zoop" was brought to you courtesy of DDNWS (Drummerboy Discount New Word Service) and is a combination of zoom and drop. We're trying to see if we can get it into common use. Wouldn't it be fun to see it show up somewhere other than JQ?

Good morning all. We had a loooooong but good rehearsal last night. Tonight's dress rehearsal and we open tomorrow night for a friends-and-family audience. If I'm lucky, the hem on my costume pants will get hemmed today.

alpro2
07-18-2007, 08:18 AM
Good comeback ! :thumbsup: Is that the best you could come up with ? This is the first time that I've been dissapointed in any of your posts. :nope: Not good at all. :D

How about: I know you are but what am I? I guess even "I" can be off for once. :D

Tonight's dress rehearsal...
You are rehearsing to wear a dress?

Just pooping in to say hi. (:scratch: Now what was that darn word again?...poop? zoop?)

Christine
07-18-2007, 08:50 AM
:) So.... what'd you play? Did you win? Are you still up???
Is anybody out there????:confused:

We played 13, and YES I won!!! :cheer: :woohoo: It's killing DFIL! :thumbsup:

I'm not very competitive by nature, but I do enjoy beating other competitive people, just to watch their insane reaction! Is that naughty?? :secret::blush:

Mickey'sGirl
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Just pooping in to say hi. (:scratch: Now what was that darn word again?...poop? zoop?)Don't let Rhonda hear you saying that! She has enough toilet trouble right now. :D

We played 13, and YES I won!!! :cheer: :woohoo: It's killing DFIL! :thumbsup:

I'm not very competitive by nature, but I do enjoy beating other competitive people, just to watch their insane reaction! Is that naughty?? :secret::blush:I used to play 13...or was it 31 when we went to visit my aunt. I am the most anti-competitive person in the world....but I understand your subtle pleasure in defeating your FiL. We play Euchre with our friends, and she is absolutely the MOST competitive person I have ever met in my entire life..... Often, she and I are partnered and I purposely play poorly to see what happens....Is that wrong?

Good luck with the dress Ken! :thumbsup:

offwego
07-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Is that a French-Canadian word?
You have not been to Montreal have you? It is most assuredly an authentic French-Canadian word, seeing as how authentic Quebec cusine includes bagels and smoked meat (but not together)

You ladies continue the good path that you've been travelling with your daughters, and everything will be just fine. :thumbsup:
Ellen & Lynn...do you get the sense that with the boys we are just out there on our own?
See y'all tomorrow morning! Are we going web cam?

Care to talk about it ? :blush:
Sure what would you like to know? How about the answer to the burning question how many people can one fit in a suzuki samurai (a poor teenager girl version of a jeep)

Just pooping in to say hi. (:scratch: Now what was that darn word again?...poop? zoop?) Blech..this is not the right word. Clean up on aisle 5

We play Euchre with our friends, and she is absolutely the MOST competitive person I have ever met in my entire life..... Often, she and I are partnered and I purposely play poorly to see what happens....Is that wrong?
Not wrong...but as a fellow member of the competition folks it would be fun to watch as long as we are not playing on the same team ok? Dh says I don't mind losing so much as I just don't understand how it happens.

Christine
07-18-2007, 09:50 AM
I used to play 13...or was it 31 when we went to visit my aunt. I am the most anti-competitive person in the world....but I understand your subtle pleasure in defeating your FiL. We play Euchre with our friends, and she is absolutely the MOST competitive person I have ever met in my entire life..... Often, she and I are partnered and I purposely play poorly to see what happens....Is that wrong?

13 is like gin, but each hand you have a different number of cards (first hand, 3 cards, 3's are wild, second hand 4 cards, 4's are wild, etc up to 13 cards where kings are wild). I love it!

Euchre must be a yankee thing. DFIL and Bonnie play it all the time, as do a lot of my relatives in Michigan. No one around here has heard of it.

John is EXTREMELY competitive. He cannot understand why on earth I would play any game if I couldn't care less whether I win or lose. He doesn't get the "fun" thing! :rolleyes:

Well, off to run some errands. :cart: , a trip to the mall to get John's sunglass lenses replaced, pick up a Rx, fun, fun, fun.

How many more days til that little October getaway????? :wait:

Christine
07-18-2007, 09:54 AM
Are we going web cam?

Boy, wouldn't that get interesting? I would have to stop posting in the morning all together, because I am always in my pj's!! :blush: :coffee:

Mickey'sGirl
07-18-2007, 10:18 AM
John is EXTREMELY competitive. He cannot understand why on earth I would play any game if I couldn't care less whether I win or lose. He doesn't get the "fun" thing! :rolleyes:I figure when you are already better than everyone else, why compete? (Said with tongue place firmly in cheek) I actually derive pleasure from others winning too -- as long as it was a fair play! Poor DS9 has inherited my non-competitive nature -- He's of the "Maybe next time" mindset.

ElenitaB
07-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Ellen & Lynn...do you get the sense that with the boys we are just out there on our own?

Are we going web cam?
We have each other to get us through the hard days, right? :grouphug: and if that fails, there's always :wine:

If we go web cam, we can see your shoes every day. :D

For anyone who's wondering, 86 days to go until Friday, October 12.

Hot coffee is in the pot for anyone who want some! Later!

pogo
07-18-2007, 10:47 AM
How about: I know you are but what am I? I guess even "I" can be off for once.

OK...... I'll let it slide this time. But only because you are a golfer. You still play with the pink golf balls ? :D

We played 13, and YES I won!!!
What's that.... a game for people that can't count to 21 ? :confused:

Don't let Rhonda hear you saying that! She has enough toilet trouble right now. :D :funny: Good one, Cousin.

Sure what would you like to know? How about the answer to the burning question how many people can one fit in a suzuki samurai (a poor teenager girl version of a jeep)
Sure.... how many ?

Boy, wouldn't that get interesting? I would have to stop posting in the morning all together, because I am always in my pj's!! :look::scared::bolt:

Are you going to keep rubbing it in ? :(

offwego
07-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Boy, wouldn't that get interesting? I would have to stop posting in the morning all together, because I am always in my pj's!! :blush: :coffee:
This is likely the reason why we are all safe no?

We have each other to get us through the hard days, right? :grouphug: and if that fails, there's always :wine:

If we go web cam, we can see your shoes every day. :D
Hot coffee is in the pot for anyone who want some! Later! Coffe over here please. And I'm convinced this is why they invented wine. And the shoes are blue today if that helps.

OKSure.... how many ?

:( 17 but some of them were football players. The roof needs to be off though.

Nascfan
07-18-2007, 01:12 PM

Not having boys, I'm afraid I can't offer much first-hand advice, but you guys will do just fine, I'm sure. After all, the JQ parent club is here for everybody!

Forget October 12th, that date doesn't help me any. How many days until next June 12th? ;)

ElenitaB
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Forget October 12th, that date doesn't help me any. How many days until next June 12th? ;)
Forget October 12! Never! :nope: How could I?

But there are 330 days until next June 12. :D

Oh my... it's beginning to thunder again. Did the Texans send their storms to us? (I'm not going outside to check for little hats, thank you.)

disneydrmr
07-18-2007, 03:33 PM

Forget October 12! Never! :nope: How could I?

But there are 330 days until next June 12. :D

You don't have to forget Oct. 12th! I'm really happy that so many of you guys get to go to get together! I just hope someone will post live trip reports for us! And maybe you all can gather around a laptop/internet connection and post on JQ to let those of us left behind know what's happening?

Ok, my turn.. how many days until Nov. 1? That's when I will be in DISNEYLAND!!!!

disneydeb
07-18-2007, 03:36 PM

If we go web cam, we can see your shoes every day.

Hot coffee is in the pot for anyone who want some! Later!

some may choose :marg: or :beer: over :wine:

83 days for me, I'll be there the 9th!

I vote NO webcam! My husband would swear I'm up to no good then.;)

Are you going to keep rubbing it in ? :(
Yes!:D

pogo
07-18-2007, 03:45 PM
some may choose :marg: or :beer: over :wine:

83 days for me, I'll be there the 9th!

I vote NO webcam! My husband would swear I'm up to no good then.;)

Yes!:D
Wow....... Where's your question ? Oh I know..... it must have got stuck in Rhonda's toilet and caused the back up ! :D

drummerboy
07-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Is DDDS (Drummerboy Discount Disciplinary Services) going to have to step in here? What's with the sudden lack of questions? This just won't do people. Won't do at all. Next person who forgets a question will have to do thirty rounds through IASM. :thedolls::thedolls:

ElenitaB
07-18-2007, 06:22 PM
Ok, my turn.. how many days until Nov. 1? That's when I will be in DISNEYLAND!!!!
That would be 106 days, Di. We will miss you guys... somehow it won't be the same without the entire JQ crew there. As for live reports, for enough cookies, I think that could be arranged. ;)

Is DDDS (Drummerboy Discount Disciplinary Services) going to have to step in here? What's with the sudden lack of questions? This just won't do people. Won't do at all. Next person who forgets a question will have to do thirty rounds through IASM. :thedolls::thedolls:
I feel sufficiently chastised, but I'll be glad to do the thirty rounds if it means an earlier trip to WDW.

So who hid my question? Did it get washed away with the floods we had here today? There was even a tornado on Long Island, two towns away from where my brother lives. :eek:

Dsnygirl
07-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Blech..this is not the right word. Clean up on aisle 5.

:laughing:

How many more days til that little October getaway????? :wait:
86 'til Friday the 12th... 85 'til we fly down!! :joy:

Is DDDS (Drummerboy Discount Disciplinary Services) going to have to step in here? What's with the sudden lack of questions? This just won't do people. Won't do at all. Next person who forgets a question will have to do thirty rounds through IASM. :thedolls:
I'll deliberately forget a question if it means a trip to WDW, just to ride through IASM... you're paying of course, right?? :D

Hope everyone's had a good Wednesday... mine consisted of sleeping and picking up my girls from camp, cleaning up after a sick dog and heading off to work after wolfing down a hot dog... :( Anyone have anything yummy they'd like to send my way??? Not much in the way of good food in the refrigerators here at work, unless you count what we all brought... which is unfortunately mostly frozen dinners and yogurts. I'm in the mood for some good seafood, seasoned rice, steamed & spiced veggies and a yummy dessert... oh well, you have to dream, right?? :cool:

Nascfan
07-18-2007, 10:49 PM
Umm, Ken, should you rethink the punishment for forgetting a question? There seems to be way too many willing participants here.

Good luck at work tonight Blythe. Hope its quiet for you, unless you want it busy.

Sleep tight JQers. G'night.

disneydeb
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Where's my question?
I couldn't even find my post earlier. The gremlins are working overtime tonight. We got a little rain, bodabing- bodaboom the internet went down and cable went off. My mother said she had been trying to call this afternoon and she got a recording saying this number was no longer available! She thought I hadn't paid my phone bill! She was relieved when she finally got through.
It's been so long since we've had rain, my utilities fogot how to handle a little moisture. Now the roof has a leak. To top it all off POGO wants me to post a question!:D

ok my rant is over....

I'm OK now.

Is everybody else OK?

Dsnygirl
07-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Good luck at work tonight Blythe. Hope its quiet for you, unless you want it busy.

Oh no.... the dreaded "Q" word!!! :scared: Around here, it's a no-no... :stop:.... way too many superstitious nurses. :blush: Not me, of course, I'd never dream of quickly knocking on wood as fast as I can, or trying to go home early.... :secret:
It's okay -- so far, so good tonight... we'll see what the next 8 hours brings!! Thanks for the hopeful thoughts!! :)

Where's my question?
I couldn't even find my post earlier. The gremlins are working overtime tonight. We got a little rain, bodabing- bodaboom the internet went down and cable went off. My mother said she had been trying to call this afternoon and she got a recording saying this number was no longer available! She thought I hadn't paid my phone bill! She was relieved when she finally got through.
It's been so long since we've had rain, my utilities fogot how to handle a little moisture. Now the roof has a leak. To top it all off POGO wants me to post a question!:D

ok my rant is over....

I'm OK now.

Is everybody else OK?
Wow -- see what a little rain can do?? Around here, it's pretty powereful, too... seems to bring out the babies en force. Glad you're feeling better, and that you found a question... of course, maybe it'd be better not to... Ken's offering free trips to WDW to ride IASM as punishment.... :thedolls:

drummerboy
07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Umm, Ken, should you rethink the punishment for forgetting a question? There seems to be way too many willing participants here.
Did I mention that the only thing you'll be able to do is the 30 trips through IASW and then you'll be sent straight home, all at your own expense?

Dress rehearsal went fairly well, except for some idiot who kept forgetting his lines. Oh wait, that was me. I told DD I'm getting too senile to do this stuff. I think I'll use the excuse that somebody had to keep it from being too perfect and jinxing the opening.

pogo
07-19-2007, 07:28 AM
Good morning all...... another day in paradise on the "North Coast".

I am supposed to play golf with a client this morning but I'm afraid the Texas Ladies have sent us a little moisture so I'm not sure it can be done. I'd hate to have to spend the time in the clubhouse. ;)

What's every ones plans for today ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 08:36 AM
I am supposed to play golf with a client this morning but I'm afraid the Texas Ladies have sent us a little moisture so I'm not sure it can be done. Cousin, you must have ticked them off really good! It's raining BUCKETS AND BUCKETS here! -- We're gonna need your boat! :sail: I guess it's good for the garden, right?:pick::mow:

Here's a little help for your situation Rhonda!:fan:

Guess where I'll be in 79 days? :mickey: :fworks:

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
Is DDDS (Drummerboy Discount Disciplinary Services) going to have to step in here? What's with the sudden lack of questions? This just won't do people. Won't do at all. Next person who forgets a question will have to do thirty rounds through IASM.

Is this punishment only for the NEXT person to forget? Or for everyone following this post that forgets?

That would be 106 days, Di. We will miss you guys... somehow it won't be the same without the entire JQ crew there. As for live reports, for enough cookies, I think that could be arranged.

So who hid my question? Did it get washed away with the floods we had here today? There was even a tornado on Long Island, two towns away from where my brother lives. :eek:

Ok, how many cookies will it take? And what kind would you like? We'll miss all of you also! With only 4 of us being left behind it's gonna be hard to do all the demo.. er, I mean, remodeling of all your homes so I hope you all aren't expecting alot...

I hope everyone is ok after the tornado. Didn't hear anything about it on the news around here.
Did hear about the pipe explosion... scary!

Hope everyone's had a good Wednesday... mine consisted of sleeping and picking up my girls from camp, cleaning up after a sick dog and heading off to work after wolfing down a hot dog... Anyone have anything yummy they'd like to send my way??? Not much in the way of good food in the refrigerators here at work, unless you count what we all brought... which is unfortunately mostly frozen dinners and yogurts. I'm in the mood for some good seafood, seasoned rice, steamed & spiced veggies and a yummy dessert... oh well, you have to dream, right??

Um, I have some left over Hawaian Chicken pizza I could ship to you.. I think there's about 6 or 7 slices left.. would that do?

It's been so long since we've had rain, my utilities fogot how to handle a little moisture. Now the roof has a leak. To top it all off POGO wants me to post a question!:

Wow, the rain is sure causing you some headaches. And I can't believe the nerve of that Pogo! Just who does he think he is? ;)
I do hope things get better for you and you dry out quickly!

I am supposed to play golf with a client this morning but I'm afraid the Texas Ladies have sent us a little moisture so I'm not sure it can be done. I'd hate to have to spend the time in the clubhouse. ;)

What's every ones plans for today ? :D

My plans for today.. try to stay dry and safe from the severe storms we are getting from Illinois and Indiana. So I'm trying to figure out how you on the north coast got rain from Texas, while me, in the midwest is getting it from Indiana/Illionois.. the rain clouds must be using Drummerboy Discount Storm Cloud Moving Services...

Guess where I'll be in 79 days? :mickey: :fworks:

Um, San Jose? You did ask for directions there...

Christine
07-19-2007, 10:09 AM
... I'm afraid the Texas Ladies have sent us a little moisture

Cousin, you must have ticked them off really good! It's raining BUCKETS AND BUCKETS here! --

It was Rhonda! She did it! :whistle: :stir:

Good morning all. Not much going on here. It's day 9 of our house guests' visit (the in-laws) and we're still chugging right along!
Did I tell you they are staying indefinitely now? He is having some tenant trouble with one of his properties here, so he can't really go until that is all resolved.

What's that expression about house guests and fish??? ;)

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 10:18 AM
What's that expression about house guests and fish??? ;)

Um, "If you give a house guest a fish they will eat for one day.. but if you teach a house guest to fish he'll eat for life"? Is that the expression you are looking for? :D

Christine
07-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Um, "If you give a house guest a fish they will eat for one day.. but if you teach a house guest to fish he'll eat for life"? Is that the expression you are looking for? :D

No, Miss Smarty Britches, that's not what I was shooting for!

Ken- we know the penalty for forgetting to post a question, but what is the penalty for "smart-alex" answers??

(Look who I'm asking? :rolleyes:)

See you all later...off to entertain!!!

pogo
07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Cousin, you must have ticked them off really good! It's raining BUCKETS AND BUCKETS here! -- We're gonna need your boat! :sail: I guess it's good for the garden, right?
My garden is just fine when I water it when it needs it. Do you think this Texas rain will make everything grow bigger ?

Guess where I'll be in 79 days? You live close enough for me to deal with you in person for this remark ! :D

We'll miss all of you also! With only 4 of us being left behind it's gonna be hard to do all the demo.. er, I mean, remodeling of all your homes so I hope you all aren't expecting alot...
I'm good at demo.... er, I mean remodeling ! Can I do Jenn's house first and then Blythe's ? I mean seeing they are so close to me and all !:D

And I can't believe the nerve of that Pogo! Just who does he think he is? ;)
Believe it ! I'm Pogo !:D

It was Rhonda! She did it! :whistle: :stir:
I should have known ! ............... that you'd pass the buck. Rhonda...... did you do it ?

What's that expression about house guests and fish??? When they die you flush them down the toilet ?

Maybe that's what Rhonda did that plugged her toilet up ! :D

disneydeb
07-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Believe it ! I'm Pogo !:D

Maybe that's what Rhonda did that plugged her toilet up ! :D

So, do we have an admission of guilt? You, Pogo the superhero:muscles:, plugged Rhonda's toilet?:D

pogo
07-19-2007, 12:41 PM
So, do we have an admission of guilt? You, Pogo the superhero:muscles:, plugged Rhonda's toilet?:D

:huh:

?

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
My garden is just fine when I water it when it needs it. Do you think this Texas rain will make everything grow bigger ? I'll bet that is the result.... My dogs keep eating my tomatoes and cucumbers. Even they are better veggie eaters than Brian! Do you grow bulb onions? Don't they take forever?

It's very quiet around here today (Sorry Blythe -- I don't mean to jinx anything!).. Where are the cookies?

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
No, Miss Smarty Britches, that's not what I was shooting for!

Ken- we know the penalty for forgetting to post a question, but what is the penalty for "smart-alex" answers??

I think the penalty was something about wearing pink shirts and hitting pink golf balls around a course for a day....

I'm good at demo.... er, I mean remodeling ! Can I do Jenn's house first and then Blythe's ? I mean seeing they are so close to me and all !

Ok, I think you're onto something.. if we each take 2 homes we might be able to get it done... I'll do Ken's and Alex's... I think a Stitch theme would go well with Ken's home and Alex - well.. I see a whole lotta pink happening!!! :D

So, do we have an admission of guilt? You, Pogo the superhero:muscles:, plugged Rhonda's toilet?

Did you read Pogo his Miranda rights? Does Pogo have a lawyer? Does Pogo know he has the right to remain silent? :cop:

?

Hmmm.... does this really count as asking a question?

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 12:56 PM
It's very quiet around here today .. Where are the cookies?

:rocker::drummer::play::pipes::piano::drum:

Is that better?

Where are the cookies? Hmmm.. isn't the proper question - Where's Alex?

pogo
07-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I'll bet that is the result.... My dogs keep eating my tomatoes and cucumbers. Even they are better veggie eaters than Brian! Do you grow bulb onions? Don't they take forever?

We plant onion sets, not seeds. We've already eaten some. Do you plant seeds ?

Hmmm.... does this really count as asking a question? If you look, you will see two question marks. Doesn't it caount as two questions ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
:rocker::drummer::play::pipes::piano::drum:

Is that better?

Where are the cookies? Hmmm.. isn't the proper question - Where's Alex?Yes, thank you. Does Alex have the cookies?

We plant onion sets, not seeds. We've already eaten some. Do you plant seeds ?No onions at our house. Raw onion is poisonous to doggies... and our doggies like to snack in the veggie garden. We are just tomatoes and cukes this year -- normally we do peppers and beans and peas too. :eat:

pogo
07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
No onions at our house. Raw onion is poisonous to doggies... and our doggies like to snack in the veggie garden. We are just tomatoes and cukes this year -- normally we do peppers and beans and peas too. :eat: Have you ever heard of a thing called a fence ? Keeps veggies in and doggies out !

We need one to keep the :bunny: out ! We also use haveaheart traps and we've transplanted 12 :dale::chip: and 8 :bunny: to release in a park about three miles from here.

We have onions, both red and sweet, carrots, zuchinni, summer squash, tomatoes, green beans, garlic, raspberries and strawberries. :D

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 01:21 PM
If you look, you will see two question marks. Doesn't it caount as two questions ? :D

Hmmm.. this just might have to go to a jury trial... then does this :confused: count as three questions?

Does Alex have the cookies?

And how did you bump your head again? :D Does Alex have the cookies? Hmmmm... does Stitch like coffee? Does Mickey love Minnie? Does Donald love Daisy? Does Christine love to camp... oh, wait.. that one shouldn't be in there....:D

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Mickey loves ....... Minnie???!!!!???!??!?!??!?!?

:cry:

alpro2
07-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Ok, who called for me (I feel like a genie)?

Cookies? What cookies (as I wipe the crumbs from my mouth)?

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 01:29 PM

Ooops.. I'm sorry. that was a typo... I meant to type.. MIckey loves Jennie...fer...

is that better?

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Ok, who called for me (I feel like a genie)? Genie's don't have any "hot" legs remember....They are all vapour.... :D

Do you have the cookies or did the rabbits get them?

alpro2
07-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Do you have the cookies or did the rabbits get them?
Um, yeah, that's right...the rabbits ate them. :blush:

And what's wrong with pink golf balls, Di?

pogo
07-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Genie's don't have any "hot" legs remember....They are all vapour.... :D

Phew....... Alex has vapor too ! :faint:

Doesn't that make him a Genie ? :D

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
And what's wrong with pink golf balls, Di?

Nothings wrong with pink golf balls, Al. Especially when you are using pink golf clubs and wearing a pink golf shirt! Do you drive a pretty little pink golf cart too?

Doesn't that make him a Genie ? :D

If Alex has vapor too I'd say it makes him something.. but definitly not a genie! :D

alpro2
07-19-2007, 02:08 PM

I can't say for cetain, but I am sure you release your share of Vapor, Pogo (what is your real name, anyway?) :D

Nothings wrong with pink golf balls, Al. Especially when you are using pink golf clubs and wearing a pink golf shirt! Do you drive a pretty little pink golf cart too?

No...then I would be selling Mary Kay. Who is this Mary Kay person anyway?

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 02:12 PM
I can't say for cetain, but I am sure you release your share of Vapor, Pogo (what is your real name, anyway?) :D

No...then I would be selling Mary Kay. Who is this Mary Kay person anyway?

Why do you think Pogo isn't his real name?

You don't sell Mary Kay?????? :faint:

alpro2
07-19-2007, 02:15 PM
Why do you think Pogo isn't his real name?

What's his last name? Stick? :D (I just crack myself up)

Originally Posted by disneydrmr

Noooooooooo! I sell Peanut Butter that gets recalled. :D (ain't I a smart-alex?)

offwego
07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Zooping in all. Did anyone have coffe laying about? Hope all is well. And Alex you have to admit the whole pink thing is a wee bit well unique.

And wasn't there a Mary Kay movie? Or am I losing it.

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 02:37 PM
I just got one that I will share with you..... Did you hear about Alex and his vapours? :faint:

pogo
07-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Pogo (what is your real name, anyway?) Well..... uh.... it's Pogo ! Yea.... that's right.... it's Pogo ! :D

If he doesn't sell Mary Kay, do you think maybe he buy's Mary Kay ? :D

And wasn't there a Mary Kay movie? Or am I losing it. It depends on what the "it" is. :D

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 02:52 PM
Noooooooooo! I sell Peanut Butter that gets recalled. :D (ain't I a smart-alex?)

Smart - alex? Well, um, define smart...
do you also sell Hot dog chili sauce? That's being recalled also!

Zooping in all. Did anyone have coffe laying about? Hope all is well. And Alex you have to admit the whole pink thing is a wee bit well unique.

Well, we all have to admit that Alex is a wee bit unique... yeah, unique.. that word fits!

I just got one that I will share with you..... Did you hear about Alex and his vapours? :faint:

Nope, luckily I'm far enough away from Alex that I don't have to hear his vapours! :D

If he doesn't sell Mary Kay, do you think maybe he buy's Mary Kay ?

THAT's why the Mary Kay lady in his area owns THREE pink cars!!! :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Smart - alex? Well, um, define smart...THAT's why the Mary Kay lady in his area owns THREE pink cars!!! :D
I think we are being mean to poor little al . I think we should pass a rule that smart alexing is only allowed if he is on line to retort himself. Oh, who am I kidding. I heard the Mary Kay lady had to get a mini van too! Do they give bulk discounts?

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I think we are being mean to poor little al . I think we should pass a rule that smart alexing is only allowed if he is on line to retort himself. Oh, who am I kidding. I heard the Mary Kay lady had to get a mini van too! Do they give bulk discounts?

I'm sure she's making enough money off of Alex that she can give discounts. Hmmm.. do you think it's the Mary Kay products that give Alex those great legs?

Christine
07-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Does Christine love to camp... oh, wait.. that one shouldn't be in there....:D

Watch it, you! :nono:

Now look what you did, Di!

Pogo (what is your real name, anyway?) :D

:laughing: :funny: I think I'm going to add that to my I-COT signature line! "Pogo, what is your real name anyway???"

I was starting to worry about you there until I read the last bit! Thought you were going soft on us!

*interesting Mary Kay sidenote: John photographed Mary Kay's grandson's engagement party this past spring. Isn't that impressive? So little al, you can feel good knowing that your support of their company is funding his outrageously rediculously expensive wedding!

why is there not a smiley for lipstick or something???

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
:laughing: :funny: I think I'm going to add that to my I-COT signature line! "Pogo, what is your real name anyway???"

HEY! GREAT idea! Why don't ALL of us JQers put that in our line? See how long it takes for someone outside of JQ to question it...

So where did our poor Alex go anyway?

Christine
07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
HEY! GREAT idea! Why don't ALL of us JQers put that in our line? See how long it takes for someone outside of JQ to question it...

Okay, of I do mine, will you do yours?

As for little al I think I just saw him sitting in the corner with a bag of cookies singing ,"nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go eat worms!"

Or he may have been in that corner with a bag of cookies lining out a fiendish plan to seek revenge on his fellow JQers.

Was that a pink smoke bomb that just went off over there??? :hide2:

pogo
07-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know where Alex went ? :D

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 03:21 PM

As for little al I think I just saw him sitting in the corner with a bag of cookies singing ,"nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna go eat worms!"

Or he may have been in that corner with a bag of cookies lining out a fiendish plan to seek revenge on his fellow JQers.

Was that a pink smoke bomb that just went off over there??? :hide2:

OH NO!!!! Everything on the thread is turning pink!!!!

Ok, I'll add it to my signature line!

See above.... looks like Alex is up to some evil plotting... who can save us?

pogo
07-19-2007, 03:22 PM

Oh...... I found out. He went to visit his Mary Kay sales lady. He said something about needing more mascara because his was running from all the crying he's been doing because of all the mean JQer's picking on him.

Do you think he'll return soon ?

Maybe we beter pick on somebody else for a while. :wait: Who shall it be ? :D

Christine
07-19-2007, 03:26 PM

Wouldn't that kind of be like shooting fish in a barrel?

pogo
07-19-2007, 03:27 PM

Ok, I'll add it to my signature line!

OK...... what are we all putting into our signiture line ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Well...who's not here? What was that fish and houseguest saying Christine? It's been bugging me all day!! :confused:

Christine
07-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Well...who's not here? What was that fish and houseguest saying Christine? It's been bugging me all day!! :confused:

Oh I'm sorry Jen!

The saying is something about fish and guests start to stink after three days in the house!

Have you never heard that?

Christine
07-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Pogo, are you so honored to be a tag line now???

Why are we doing it in pink? Is this some sort of homage to little al too??

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 03:39 PM

Hmmm.... sounds like you are volunteering ;)

What is it with you and sayings about fish today?

offwego
07-19-2007, 03:39 PM

Isn't that something along the lines of what smells after being around for three days? Fish and house guests. Is that it?

Mickey'sGirl
07-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Why are we doing it in pink? Is this some sort of homage to little al too??For me it is. He started it after all..... and Pink is his signature colour, isn't it?

offwego
07-19-2007, 03:40 PM
What is it with you and sayings about fish today?

All the rain maybe?

pogo
07-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Pogo, are you so honored to be a tag line now???

Oh gosh..... I'm so honored. Thank you , thank you , thank you ! I love you ladies ! :D

Hmmm.... sounds like you are volunteering ;)

Bring it on...... as long as Deb doesn't find out, I'll be OK ! You won't tell her..... will you ? :bolt: :hide2:

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh gosh..... I'm so honored. Thank you , thank you , thank you ! I love you ladies ! :D

Bring it on...... as long as Deb doesn't find out, I'll be OK ! You won't tell her..... will you ? :bolt: :hide2:

Now why did I just have a mental picture of you standing on a stage, behind a podium giving an acceptance speech?

Don't worry..... we won't tell Deb that you have volunteered to be the teasee... will we ladies?

Christine
07-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Don't worry..... we won't tell Deb that you have volunteered to be the teasee... will we ladies?

I can't answer you right now because I'm on the other line with Deb telling her!!

Ooops! Was that wrong of me???

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
I can't answer you right now because I'm on the other line with Deb telling her!!

Hmmm....we do have two Debs.. and he didn't specify which Deb not to tell...

Did someone sell my question?

Christine
07-19-2007, 04:21 PM

That's true! :thumbsup:

Guys, I hate to be mean and run, but I gotta go. DFIL and Bonnie are back and it is time to play some cards. again.

Storms are a-brewing, so you guys up north better watch out...you may be next! (If Rhonda and I so choose, right Rhonda??)

pogo
07-19-2007, 04:23 PM

Naw...... it was expected. :D

Did someone sell my question?
I think her full name is DizzyDeb ! Was that right ? :D

Jasper
07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Isn't that something along the lines of what smells after being around for three days? Fish and house guests. Is that it?

Been reading up on your Ben Franklin again have you? Glad to see our brethren to the north know so much about our illustrious citizens!!

Hi all, just zooping in to see what is happening.

disneydrmr
07-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Been reading up on your Ben Franklin again have you? Glad to see our brethren to the north know so much about our illustrious citizens!!

Hi Jasper! Good to see you! What's happening you ask? Hmmm.. nothing much...:D

pogo
07-19-2007, 04:52 PM

Hi all, just zooping in to see what is happening. What's happening ? The girls are a little playfull...... that's what's happening. Be carefull of what you say to them ! :D

disneydeb
07-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Naw...... it was expected. :D

I think her full name is DizzyDeb ! Was that right ? :D

Is someone talking about me?:eyes:
If so, Why?:confused:

Why does Alex have the vapors and DOES he wear Mary Kay in public?

What are vapors?

Have I asked enough questions yet?:D

Jasper
07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
What's happening ? The girls are a little playfull...... that's what's happening. Be carefull of what you say to them ! :D

And that is different then normal . . . how?

I am surprised that you would think that moi might say something to get myself in trouble. Actually, I figure I am doing all the rest of you a service by saying things that get me in trouble with the ladies. If they are busy flaying me then they are leaving ya'll alone!

ElenitaB
07-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Hi, Jasper... how are you doing? How's your mom? I think you need to tell Pogo about what some of the JQ ladies used to threaten to do to the JQ men.

Rhonda, how are you doing? How's the house situation?

Mikki, what's the weather report for the weekend?

Wow -- see what a little rain can do?? Around here, it's pretty powereful, too... seems to bring out the babies en force.
Isn't that because of the drop (or rise :scratch: ) in ambient pressure or something? I have friends who are midwives and they say that more women do have babies during the full moon... have you seen that to be true as well? (It was a full moon when I had Ben and there were women having babies in the ER —there was no room in the inn— and then being put on beds in the OB unit's hallways.)

I hope everyone is ok after the tornado. Didn't hear anything about it on the news around here.
Did hear about the pipe explosion... scary!
I went into the City for treatment today and traffic was more of a mess than usual. Took me 135 hours for what is normally a 45 minute drive.

Quick... who has the smelling salts?

Now we need the smelling salts for Di. :faint:

Didn't he have the vapors? I think he may have :faint: Should we send Riri in to check on him?

And if you sing that in Texas, how does it go? Don't you have to wear a hat or something?

ElenitaB
07-19-2007, 07:35 PM

OH NO!!!! Everything on the thread is turning pink!!!!
Beware of the pink (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/19/fashion/19taser.html?th&emc=th)! Does this make anyone else just a little bit scared?

Nascfan
07-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I went into the City for treatment today and traffic was more of a mess than usual. Took me 135 hours for what is normally a 45 minute drive.

It took you how long??? :eyes:

pogo
07-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Is someone talking about me?:eyes:
If so, Why?:confused:
Would you believe we were missing you ? :D

I think she must have stopped off for a :marg: or two on the way to the city. :D

disneydeb
07-19-2007, 09:52 PM
Would you believe we were missing you ? :D

NO! :nope::noway:
Something smells fishy and it has nothing to do with old house guests!:dory::shark::fishbowl:
Now does it?:D

pogo
07-19-2007, 09:59 PM
NO! :nope::noway:
Something smells fishy and it has nothing to do with old house guests!:dory::shark::fishbowl:
Now does it?:D Nope....... nothing fishy here ! What's up ? :D

disneydeb
07-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Nope....... nothing fishy here ! What's up ? :D

Well, maybe it's diapers, but I doubt it!

Did you notice the pink thing Ellen was talking about and does it make you nervous?

that was my question:D

pogo
07-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Well, maybe it's diapers, but I doubt it!

Did you notice the pink thing Ellen was talking about and does it make you nervous?
Yes I saw it and it would make me nervous if I was going to be at the 10th Anniversary Meet with you lady JQers.

Are you going to use it on little al ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-19-2007, 11:43 PM
I should have known ! ............... that you'd pass the buck. Rhonda...... did you do it ?

Of course I did it! What did I do? :blush:

?

And, the official ruling is that neither of those counts as a question. :nono: Please review sub-paragraph 7A of the JQ Code.

OK...... what are we all putting into our signiture line ? :D

And why are we doing this when pogo told us his real name awhile ago? :confused:

Rhonda, how are you doing? How's the house situation?

The house is drying out although it will be Saturday morning before the equipment is gone and I'll be able to hear in here again! :fan: A fifth fan and a second dehumidifier were added today, so it's even louder than it was.

Now, that's a bad commute! :eek:

Christine
07-20-2007, 01:30 AM
And why are we doing this when pogo told us his real name awhile ago? :confused:

It's just silly...back when someone first asked him his name, he answered, then another (who must have missed it) asked him again. A while later, someone else innocently asked him again. So little al and I like to ask him again and again from time to time!

I thought that that burning eternal question deserved to be in a signature line! Don't you agree?

alpro2
07-20-2007, 07:54 AM
What's happening ? The girls are a little playfull...... that's what's happening. Be carefull of what you say to them ! :D
Just a little playful? Earplugs anybody? :D

It's just silly...back when someone first asked him his name, he answered, then another (who must have missed it) asked him again. A while later, someone else innocently asked him again. So little al and I like to ask him again and again from time to time!

Q: "Hey Pogo, what is your real name anyway?"
A: "My real name is Tom, but you can call me Pogo".
Q: "Pogo, what is your name?"

Is that right Tommy Boy? :D

And just for the record, I am a Clinique girl. :D

CanadianWDWFan
07-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey can I ask a question that just came to mind?

What is Pogo's real name anyway?:D

:hi: Tom!

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Is someone talking about me?
If so, Why?

Why does Alex have the vapors and DOES he wear Mary Kay in public?

What are vapors?

Have I asked enough questions yet?:D

Nope, I think you need just one more! :D

And if you sing that in Texas, how does it go? Don't you have to wear a hat or something?

Wow! I've always heard that New York never sleeps.. is that why? They have about 4 times the hours in a day then the rest of us? :D

I think in Texas instead of worms they eat cow patties....

Beware of the pink (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/19/fashion/19taser.html?th&emc=th)! Does this make anyone else just a little bit scared?

Ohhhhhh.... I want one!!! How neat!

And, the official ruling is that neither of those counts as a question. :nono: Please review sub-paragraph 7A of the JQ Code.

The house is drying out although it will be Saturday morning before the equipment is gone and I'll be able to hear in here again! :fan: A fifth fan and a second dehumidifier were added today, so it's even louder than it was.

Is that subparagraph 7A the one under Main paragraph 1,099Z or is it the one under Main paragraph 23,789Q?

I have a small dehumidifier I'll send you if you need another one...guess it's a good thing you don't have to hear to be on the internet! Hope your home drys out quick and that you will be 'event' free for a long time to come!

And just for the record, I am a Clinique girl. :D

I KNEW there was something you were trying to tell us with all the pink you use!!!! So, is your real name Alice? Alexis? Alexandra?

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 08:30 AM

:wave: Hi Brian! So good to see you!

And yes, you may ask any question you want.. I mean.. the name of this thread is Just Questions.. isn't it? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2007, 08:35 AM
And just for the record, I am a Clinique girl. :DI am allergic to Clinique (you know, the hypo-allergenic stuff?). Good thing I'm not too fancy!

Ellen, what a horrible commute! We need to get our transporters on line :bolt::teleport:(That is a Star Trek reference Christine).

Mornin' folks! :hi: Where are the cookies? Alex? :mickey:

offwego
07-20-2007, 08:42 AM

Sorry to disapoint Jasper, but I didn't know the source. I just end up with a lot of houseguests! And fish come to think of it.

Beware of the pink (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/19/fashion/19taser.html?th&emc=th)! Does this make anyone else just a little bit scared? This would go with some of my shoes..does it come in lime green too?

And why are we doing this when pogo told us his real name awhile ago? :confused:Now, that's a bad commute! :eek: So as to help pass the time for Ellen? If she has this thread subscribed to a blackberry she could read along. After all if it's taking 135 hours she's not driving very fast at all is she now?

And just for the record, I am a Clinique girl. :D I can't say that works for me...the packaging is kinda blah. Couldn't we go upmarket to channel? They have great lipstick. and nail polish...and perfume

I KNEW there was something you were trying to tell us with all the pink you use!!!! So, is your real name Alice? Alexis? Alexandra? So is Alex secretly on Ugly Betty?

ElenitaB
07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Oh my! At first I was going to write it the long way... 2 hours 15 minutes, but then just put down the minutes. :blush: Now do you guys understand why I do so many drafts of the newsletter I write/produce? :blush:

I used to be a Clinique girl and the deceased DH used to use my face-care stuff so much that I bought him the men's line. It's pretty good actually. Now I'm a bareMinerals girl (love the stuff) but will still buy Clinique lipstick.

As for the pink thing, I'd be afraid to reach into my purse and accidentally zap myself! :eek:

Did anyone know what a romantic Disney couple we have among us? That Brian is a keeper! :thumbsup:

So what are the plans for the weekend? DS and I might go to one of the Harry Potter parties tonight.

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Mornin' folks! :hi: Where are the cookies? Alex? :mickey:

Where you expecting an answer? Cause it looks like you answered your own question... ;)

Oh my! At first I was going to write it the long way... 2 hours 15 minutes, but then just put down the minutes. :blush: Now do you guys understand why I do so many drafts of the newsletter I write/produce? :blush:

As for the pink thing, I'd be afraid to reach into my purse and accidentally zap myself! :eek:

Did anyone know what a romantic Disney couple we have among us? That Brian is a keeper! :thumbsup:

So what are the plans for the weekend? DS and I might go to one of the Harry Potter parties tonight.

It's ok, we all make mistakes... but what I've heard of New York traffic I sure wasn't gonna question the 135 hours comment..

I never thought of the accidently zapping yourself possibility. Wonder if it has a trigger lock like guns do? Hey Nat - maybe you can write to them and suggest one with interchangeable outter cases.. that way you buy one taser and buy several outter cases that you can switch to match your shoes!

Brian? I thought you were talking about me and Stitch? :D

No big weekend plans here.. gonna make dinner on Saturday for my sister and a friend of ours who are coming over.. gonna make Chicken Enchilada Casserole and the 'copy cat' recipe of the Con Queso dip they have at Chilis...

Mickey'sGirl
07-20-2007, 09:56 AM
gonna make Chicken Enchilada Casserole and the 'copy cat' recipe of the Con Queso dip they have at Chilis...You are going to have to send me that recipe if you don't mind. I love Enchiladas. I think I am going to go home soon. I have a cold that is making me hurt all over...even my hair. I have too much to do this weekend to be sick -- Do you think a couple of quiet hours might help?

I would love to go to the big HP party downtown tonight...but it's not going to happen....there is going to be a smaller one in our local bookstore though. What I really want to do is go and see Hairspray --

offwego
07-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Hey Nat - maybe you can write to them and suggest one with interchangeable outter cases.. that way you buy one taser and buy several outter cases that you can switch to match your shoes! Wouldn't a case kinda defeat the point of the thing?

even my hair. I have too much to do this weekend to be sick -- Do you think a couple of quiet hours might help?
I think it would...I hope you do this. You have a ton of busy weekends ahead.

DS is with the grandparents. Any ideas as to what DH and I should do on our own with a free Saturday afternoon? He has to work an extra shift saturday so we won't have too much time together since he also works Sunday night (he's on midnights).

Also have any of you ever watched Andromeda? They had an episode on this morning where they mentioned pixie dust and flying..cracked me up. Fortunetly my dog doesn't care if I laugh at the tv.

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
You are going to have to send me that recipe if you don't mind. I love Enchiladas. I think I am going to go home soon. I have a cold that is making me hurt all over...even my hair. I have too much to do this weekend to be sick -- Do you think a couple of quiet hours might help?

I would love to go to the big HP party downtown tonight...but it's not going to happen....there is going to be a smaller one in our local bookstore though. What I really want to do is go and see Hairspray --

Don't have the recipe with me - but I'll post it in the Cooking With Intercot thread over the weekend - ok... it's very easy to make and VERY yummy! I also have a microwave cheesy beef enchilada recipe I'll post if you want... another yummy one! The Chili's Con Queso Dip is a new one for me to try.. I bought the Top Secret Copy Cat recipe book and it was in there.. so I"m gonna try it out.

Ouch.. I sure hope you feel better soon! Go home now! If you are hurting all over, even your hair, are you sure it's just a cold? Go get some Tylenol Cold and Flu and take that.. then go to bed!!!! Here's some get better pixie dust :pixie::pixie: for you!

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Wouldn't a case kinda defeat the point of the thing?

DS is with the grandparents. Any ideas as to what DH and I should do on our own with a free Saturday afternoon? He has to work an extra shift saturday so we won't have too much time together since he also works Sunday night (he's on midnights).

Hmmm.. case wasn't the correct word for me to use.. I mean the hard shell of the taser...the actual taser product.. the shell of it should have a way you can switch out colors.

If I had a free Saturday afternoon I'd take a long nap!!! Or you could go catch a movie.. anything playing you want to see?

drummerboy
07-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Hmmm.. case wasn't the correct word for me to use.. I mean the hard shell of the taser...the actual taser product.. the shell of it should have a way you can switch out colors.
Don't they use the term 'skin' for that? I think that's what they call the interchangable casing on cell phones.

Everybody ready for the official opening night tonight? Wonder if we'll be competing with Harry Potter. Not.

Our youngest grandbaby (Jason, 7 mos.) made his stage debut last night. We could hear the collective aaaw from the audience when they brought him out. It's the last scene of the play, after the flood when Noah's family is leaving the ark, and I'm standing on a platform to one side. Jason was just looking all around and when he saw me on the platform, he did a big grin.

The two girl grandchildren were also on stage a couple of times, the first as bunny rabbits when the naming of the animals takes place.

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Don't they use the term 'skin' for that? I think that's what they call the interchangable casing on cell phones.

Everybody ready for the official opening night tonight? Wonder if we'll be competing with Harry Potter. Not.

Our youngest grandbaby (Jason, 7 mos.) made his stage debut last night. We could hear the collective aaaw from the audience when they brought him out. It's the last scene of the play, after the flood when Noah's family is leaving the ark, and I'm standing on a platform to one side. Jason was just looking all around and when he saw me on the platform, he did a big grin.

The two girl grandchildren were also on stage a couple of times, the first as bunny rabbits when the naming of the animals takes place.

What is the play you are performing again? Sounds like it will be quite cute .. just remember... children ALWAYS steal the scenes!!!

Hmmm... what time is your opening? I know around here some of the Harry Potter stuff starts up around 10pm or 11pm... so if you see a lot of people slipping out of your theater before the ending... don't take offense...

Skin? Never heard that word used in reference to electronic stuff... but if it helps explain what I'm trying to explain then I'll use it!

pogo
07-20-2007, 11:07 AM
Q: "Hey Pogo, what is your real name anyway?"
Q: "Pogo, what is your name?"

Is that right Tommy Boy?

That's right little al. You win the prize. What was the prize ladies ?

:hi: Tom!

:hi: Brian ! How did you get on this ship ? :confused: Glad to see you.

Is that subparagraph 7A the one under Main paragraph 1,099Z or is it the one under Main paragraph 23,789Q? I'm so confused. Can somebody please explain this to me ?

I KNEW there was something you were trying to tell us with all the pink you use!!!! So, is your real name Alice? Alexis? Alexandra?
Yeah........ what is your real name, little al ? :funny:

So is Alex secretly on Ugly Betty?
It's no secret.

Yes....... I knew. Do you mean "keeper", as in a fish ? :D

I have too much to do this weekend to be sick -- Do you think a couple of quiet hours might help?

Get it out of your system this month, please !
Want me to send you some chicken soup ? :D

drummerboy
07-20-2007, 12:03 PM
What is the play you are performing again? Sounds like it will be quite cute .. just remember... children ALWAYS steal the scenes!!!
Well, it's called Children of Eden, so I guess that's OK, especially if it isn't my scene they're stealing. :thedolls::D

Hmmm... what time is your opening? I know around here some of the Harry Potter stuff starts up around 10pm or 11pm... so if you see a lot of people slipping out of your theater before the ending... don't take offense...
I don't think our audience will be a HP audience, and there's not much HP hype going on around here anyway, so I think we're safe. Besides, if they leave early, I'll just smite them (I think that's about the time I'll be creating the flood anyway). Did I mention that I'm playing Adam and Eve's Father?

pogo
07-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Did I mention that I'm playing Adam and Eve's Father? Oh my............ Adam and Eve wore Fig leaves after they ate from the apple.
You're not wearing a fig leaf, are you ? :D

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 12:39 PM
That's right little al. You win the prize. What was the prize ladies ?

I'm so confused. Can somebody please explain this to me ?

Prize? What prize? Hey- where'd your pink signature line disappear to?

I don't think our audience will be a HP audience, and there's not much HP hype going on around here anyway, so I think we're safe. Besides, if they leave early, I'll just smite them (I think that's about the time I'll be creating the flood anyway). Did I mention that I'm playing Adam and Eve's Father?

Um, may I get a bit technical... Adam and Eve did not have a Father.. they had a creator.:D Were you the only one old enough to play Him without needing too much added make up?

Oh my............ Adam and Eve wore Fig leaves after they ate from the apple.

I believe he wants to keep the audience in the theater.. not chase them out! :D

ElenitaB
07-20-2007, 12:56 PM
What's the prize? On this thread? That was a hypothetical question, right?

Jenn, feel better! Sounds like something nasty if even your hair hurts! (The only thing that's made me feel that bad is a hangover.)

Break a leg, Ken. One of these days you have to post some pictures of your forays onto the stage. We'd all love to see you in your various and sundry roles.

Di, that sounds yummy... is it Deb you're cooking for? Say hi for us... we miss her around here.

Alex, where's Maria? Tell her we say hi.

Mikki, good luck tomorrow with your Drinks on the Deck event.

Rhonda, good luck with the drying out.

With all this heat and humidity, my lederhosen spacesuit is getting a bit uncomfortable. Anyone else?

offwego
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM
With all this heat and humidity, my lederhosen spacesuit is getting a bit uncomfortable. Anyone else?

We were supposed to wear those? I thought they were museum pieces for display only. Come to think of it..I never have worked or done something that required a uniform, perhaps I'm just not good at conforming?

drummerboy
07-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Um, may I get a bit technical... Adam and Eve did not have a Father.. they had a creator.:D Were you the only one old enough to play Him without needing too much added make up?
Well, the part is called 'Father' anyway. I think it's my benign good looks and heavenly disposition that got me the part. Or was it the fact that my DD's directing?

I believe he wants to keep the audience in the theater.. not chase them out! :D
Correct. This is not a horror play, thank-you-very-much.

Jasper
07-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Sorry to disapoint Jasper, but I didn't know the source. I just end up with a lot of houseguests! And fish come to think of it.

Well then, I guess that would fall under the catagory of great minds thinking alike!! Wouldn't you agree?

Sorry I have been away for a few days again, several of you have asked about how mom and I are both doing so here goes with the 20 second update. Mom seems to finally be improving steadily. She is still fairly tired all the time but they have been keeping the fluid off the heart for about a month or so which means the heart can start to get stronger again. Assuming they continue to keep the fluid off, she should regain most or all of the strength in the heart muscle itself over the next year or so. That means that if she is typical of most congestive heart failure patients then she ought to have at least 10 to 15 years.

As for myself, I did have another appointment with my back specialist and he ran a bunch of tests because I was now having severe pain down the right leg in addition to the pain I have had in the left leg for the last 18 years or so. The result is that I have apparantly ruptured another disc!! Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done for it other than surgery. Since I have already had 6 prior back surgeries I am not really looking forward to having another one. He finally told me to go home and think about it. As of right now I am leaning towards living with the pain as long as I can before having the surgery.

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend! Our 4-H fair starts tonight and my family is heavily involved so I probably won't be on the boards most of next week.

Ken, can you keep the JUQ ladies in line while I am gone or do I need to deputize some of the Dolls:thedolls: and squirrals?

As for

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Di, that sounds yummy... is it Deb you're cooking for? Say hi for us... we miss her around here.

It is very yummy! Yep, it's Deb and a friend of ours. BUT... Deb's not feeling well. She spent over 4 hours in the ER the other night for sharp pains in her abdomen. She's been nauseaus, tired and ick feeling. She had a scan done this AM on her gall bladder, will get the results next week. But she won't be eating much probably. Poor thing.. I'll tell her you said hi though!

Well, the part is called 'Father' anyway. I think it's my benign good looks and heavenly disposition that got me the part.

:rotfl::funny:

My lederhosen is getting kinda uncomfortable too. Maybe it is time for us to come back to earth and go somewhere with very little heat and humidity?

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Sorry I have been away for a few days again, several of you have asked about how mom and I are both doing so here goes with the 20 second update. Mom seems to finally be improving steadily. She is still fairly tired all the time but they have been keeping the fluid off the heart for about a month or so which means the heart can start to get stronger again. Assuming they continue to keep the fluid off, she should regain most or all of the strength in the heart muscle itself over the next year or so. That means that if she is typical of most congestive heart failure patients then she ought to have at least 10 to 15 years.

As for myself, I did have another appointment with my back specialist and he ran a bunch of tests because I was now having severe pain down the right leg in addition to the pain I have had in the left leg for the last 18 years or so. The result is that I have apparantly ruptured another disc!! Unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done for it other than surgery. Since I have already had 6 prior back surgeries I am not really looking forward to having another one. He finally told me to go home and think about it. As of right now I am leaning towards living with the pain as long as I can before having the surgery.

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend! Our 4-H fair starts tonight and my family is heavily involved so I probably won't be on the boards most of next week.

Ken, can you keep the JUQ ladies in line while I am gone or do I need to deputize some of the Dolls:thedolls: and squirrals?

As for

As for what?????

I'm glad to hear your mom's doing better... sorry to hear of your continuing trouble with your back. Hope you have fun at the fair! Bring on those dolls and squierrels! Us JQ ladies can take them on! Can't we ladies?! :boxing: We ain't afraid of no dolls!

Jasper
07-20-2007, 03:31 PM
As for what?????

Isn't it heck getting old? I really don't know where that last thought was going!!! Oh well, I am sure ya'll are used to me being that way by now, right?

pogo
07-20-2007, 03:43 PM
Prize? What prize? Hey- where'd your pink signature line disappear to?
It's right there. Do you need glasses or something ? :D

Isn't it heck getting old? I really don't know where that last thought was going!!! Oh well, I am sure ya'll are used to me being that way by now, right?
WOW...... you think your getting old ? Now Ken is the :old: around here. :D

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Isn't it heck getting old?

I wouldn't know since I'm not old.. but I know who we can ask.. hey Ken! Is it heck getting old?:D;)

disneydrmr
07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
It's right there. Do you need glasses or something ? :D

WOW...... you think your getting old ? Now Ken is the :old: around here. :D

Hmmm.. I haven't had my eyes checked in awhile.. and I have been getting headaches that seem to be behind the eyes....

See what happens when pesky customers call to place their orders... I had my post started, had to take an order, came back to my post to hit post and when it popped up there you were.. already using the same 'Ken is old' theme...

Think anyone would care if I unplugged my phone from the wall?

Riri529
07-20-2007, 05:05 PM
What's the prize? On this thread? That was a hypothetical question, right?

Jenn, feel better! Sounds like something nasty if even your hair hurts! (The only thing that's made me feel that bad is a hangover.)

Break a leg, Ken. One of these days you have to post some pictures of your forays onto the stage. We'd all love to see you in your various and sundry roles.

Alex, where's Maria? Tell her we say hi.

Mikki, good luck tomorrow with your Drinks on the Deck event.

Rhonda, good luck with the drying out.

Hello to you too Ellen and also to the rest of the JQ crew. I feel like I've been away forever. I've been dealing with a complicated family situation over here and I just haven't had the time or energy to do much posting. So, since you were looking for me, can I assume that you guys missed me?

Ellen, I was actually in Bay Ridge last weekend with my daughter. We ate at Gino's on 75th and 5th. Do you eat there? My aunt is a regular of sorts and whenever we visit, we eat there. The food is very good. I always enjoy a good Italian meal when I am in Brooklyn!

Mikki, I thought of you on Thursday. I played in a tennis tournament at my swim club, and let's just say that I am still wiping the sneaker prints off of my backside! That humble pie certainly has a bitter taste.
Alex, you're familiar with the taste of humble pie, aren't you?;) I know you've had a slice or two recently!:tennis:

OK, it's been a long week ( a long month actually!) Has the cocktail hour started yet?:marg:

dlpmikki
07-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi Guys! A quick zoop in......

It has been raining heavily all afternoon and evening here. I got a quick mow in this morning on still wet grass but may have been wasting my time from the forecasts.

Will we have a good do tomorrow? Yes! But it would have been better to be outdoors on the decking by the river. If we are able to be there dry and safely it will be a blessing.

I still hope to get the HP book tomorrow morning!

Have a good weekend all!

drummerboy
07-20-2007, 06:19 PM
My lederhosen is getting kinda uncomfortable too. Maybe it is time for us to come back to earth and go somewhere with very little heat and humidity?
Remember this thread started out saying be careful what you wish for? I'm thinking the arctic or antarctic.

I wouldn't know since I'm not old.. but I know who we can ask.. hey Ken! Is it heck getting old?:D;)
According the the play, I've been here since before the beginning. Is that old enough?

I still subscribe to the saying, "old age and treachery can overcome youth and vigor any time."

ElenitaB
07-20-2007, 07:35 PM
As for what?????

I'm glad to hear your mom's doing better... sorry to hear of your continuing trouble with your back. Hope you have fun at the fair! Bring on those dolls and squierrels! Us JQ ladies can take them on! Can't we ladies?! :boxing: We ain't afraid of no dolls!
Gee, do you think it's time for squirrel stew?

Isn't it heck getting old?
It sure is better than the alternative!

Ellen, I was actually in Bay Ridge last weekend with my daughter. We ate at Gino's on 75th and 5th. Do you eat there? My aunt is a regular of sorts and whenever we visit, we eat there. The food is very good. I always enjoy a good Italian meal when I am in Brooklyn!

OK, it's been a long week ( a long month actually!) Has the cocktail hour started yet?:marg:
Sorry to hear about your family situation. I can't believe that you were at Gino's. I live so close to there! Cookies and cocktails are always on the sideboard here at the JQ thread!

Remember this thread started out saying be careful what you wish for? I'm thinking the arctic or antarctic.

I still subscribe to the saying, "old age and treachery can overcome youth and vigor any time."
I only said that the spacesuit was getting uncomfortable, not that I wanted to get put in the freezer! :freeze:

What ever happened to "the wisdom that comes with age"?

Gee, do you think that the in-laws abducted Christine?

Have a good night, everyone!

alpro2
07-20-2007, 08:55 PM
That humble pie certainly has a bitter taste.
Alex, you're familiar with the taste of humble pie, aren't you?;) I know you've had a slice or two recently!:tennis:
Ok, nice of you to drop by, see you next month. :thedolls: If I recall, the match was mightly close....somebody was sweating it out. :D

Originally Posted by ElenitaB
I can't believe that you were at Gino's. I live so close to there! Cookies and cocktails are always on the sideboard here at the JQ thread!

Ok, we'll be right over. What kind of cookies and cocktails? :D

pogo
07-20-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, nice of you to drop by, see you next month. :thedolls: If I recall, the match was mightly close....somebody was sweating it out. :D

Aaaahhhhhh.... Alex....... didn't you say you gave her a tennis lesson ? :confused:

I think we need clarification. :D

disneydeb
07-20-2007, 10:42 PM
I went shopping for back to school clothes with my mother and sister today. Yes, if you teach you are allowed that shopping spree!:D Did everyone else have a great Friday?

Beast_fanatic
07-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Oh my............ Adam and Eve wore Fig leaves after they ate from the apple.

Well, I hope he's wearing something. :eek:

Did everyone else have a great Friday?

Well, I actually had a bad Friday (work related), but I've decided to put it behind me and go back to my Scarlet O'Hara, "Tomorrow is another day" philosophy. Can you hear the music swelling in the background? No? Neither can I, but I think it's the fans that are drowning it out. They're supposed to come get them tomorrow (I hope)!

:pixie: to those who need it, and I hope your party goes well, Mikki!

alpro2
07-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Aaaahhhhhh.... Alex....... didn't you say you gave her a tennis lesson ? :confused:

I think we need clarification. :D
Nah...you know how women are. I purposely had to go easy on her. ;) We all are better off is she thinks that she really beat me (but you and I know the truth, don't we Pogo?) :D

I went shopping for back to school clothes with my mother and sister today.
Did you behave? And if so, did your mother buy you an ice cream cone?

disneydeb
07-21-2007, 07:39 AM
she really beat me :thumbsup:

Did you behave? And if so, did your mother buy you an ice cream cone?

I did not get an ice cream cone as shopping is it's own reward.:D

Does anyone mind if I don't put a question here?

Christine
07-21-2007, 10:19 AM
:whew:

After two weeks, my house guests are gone! It's not that we didn't enjoy them, they are great, it's just two weeks of Santa Claus himself would be hard to take! It really upsets your day to day routine.

What does this weekend look like for everyone?

John is off on a photo shoot til noon, Olivia went back to bed (two weeks of grandparents really did her in!), and I am meeting a friend for lunch at 1:00. I am so excited...she moved to San Antonio two years ago and she is back in town this weekend for another friend's baby shower. I miss her :( .

Now I guess I know how all my friends will feel when I move away to Florida! :drama: ;)

Dsnygirl
07-21-2007, 10:20 AM
Hi everybody!! Wow... you guys have been busy!! I've had to do some serious speed reading to catch up!!
It's been a crazy couple of days... I've missed being around here!!

Isn't that because of the drop in ambient pressure or something? I have friends who are midwives and they say that more women do have babies during the full moon... have you seen that to be true as well? (It was a full moon when I had Ben and there were women having babies in the ER —there was no room in the inn— and then being put on beds in the OB unit's hallways.)

It is absolutely true! Full moons and rainstorms bring out the babies. I've also heard some say that whenever the space shuttle goes up or comes down, we also have more births -- can't say I've noticed it myself, though. But -- I guess I'll have to hope I'm not at work when we (finally) bring this spaceship back to earth!! ;)

And just for the record, I am a Clinique girl.
How funny -- so am I!! We'll have to compare stories and products and share some things from our purses at AC in October!! :thumbsup: Is your purse pink?? Mine's not, but then I don't use pink golf balls, either. :D

Besides, if they leave early, I'll just smite them (I think that's about the time I'll be creating the flood anyway). Did I mention that I'm playing Adam and Eve's Father?
Wow... that's quite the role... I'm impressed!! Just how did you have to audition for to play Him??? Puts you right up there w/ Morgan Freeman....

I'm so sorry to hear about your back... I hope they can find a way to make the pain tolerable so you can avoid having more surgery. Back pain is SO hard!! Sending some :pixie: your way...
Have fun at the 4-H fair... we're considering checking 4-H out for our girls, I think they'd like it. Hope it goes well!!

BUT... Deb's not feeling well. She spent over 4 hours in the ER the other night for sharp pains in her abdomen. She's been nauseaus, tired and ick feeling. She had a scan done this AM on her gall bladder, will get the results next week. But she won't be eating much probably. Poor thing.. I'll tell her you said hi though!

Send a :hug: to Deb for me.... I'm so sorry to hear she's been feeling so bad!! Maybe she'll be our next gallbladder gal... Christine can tell her how good the drugs make her feel...

Hi Guys! A quick zoop in......

:hi: Hi Mikki!! Nice to see you!!

Nah...you know how women are. I purposely had to go easy on her.
Ha ha... very funny... :mad: :thedolls:

Hope everyone has a nice weekend... we've got quite a bit going on the next few days, so I probably won't be around much -- maybe tonight from work -- but I hope you all have a great Saturday & Sunday!!

Christine
07-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Oops! I cheated! :secret:

I didn't go back and read prior posts, but I just saw the health news on Jasper and Deb by reading Blythe's post.

Jasper, I hope you can find comfort and not have to have another surgery! I will be praying for you!

Deb, if it is your gallbladder, you can be relieved! It is really a simple surgery and I am 100% better for having it! (Just go easy on the pain pills!) :blush: But hopefully it was just some bad food or something. You haven't been eating any hot dog chili sauce lately have you???

Beast_fanatic
07-21-2007, 12:03 PM
So Christine, did you ever give us a house update on how it's coming along? Sometimes I just skim over the posts and I miss some details that way. :blush:

Riri529
07-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Deb and Jasper, sorry to hear that you are under the weather. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Nah...you know how women are. I purposely had to go easy on her. ;) We all are better off is she thinks that she really beat me (but you and I know the truth, don't we Pogo?) :D

Yes, yes Alex, we all know the truth. Don't we girls?:rolleyes:
:crazy:

:whew:

After two weeks, my house guests are gone! It's not that we didn't enjoy them, they are great, it's just two weeks of Santa Claus himself would be hard to take! It really upsets your day to day routine.

What does this weekend look like for everyone?

John is off on a photo shoot til noon, Olivia went back to bed (two weeks of grandparents really did her in!), and I am meeting a friend for lunch at 1:00. I am so excited...she moved to San Antonio two years ago and she is back in town this weekend for another friend's baby shower. I miss her :( .

Now I guess I know how all my friends will feel when I move away to Florida! :drama: ;)

Bless you Christine! You must be on line after Mother Teresa for sainthood!

Heading to the pool now. What does everyone else have on tap for the weekend?

Christine
07-21-2007, 12:53 PM
So Christine, did you ever give us a house update on how it's coming along? Sometimes I just skim over the posts and I miss some details that way. :blush:

You're sweet to remember! Well, the sheetrock is delivered, there are stacks of it in each room, but not a one of them is put up yet. Hopefully next week they'll start that!

Only if they don't do a background check!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Did Mikki's Drinks on the Deck church party go well? (Does anyone else think they shoud convert religions if this is what THEIR church does for fun??? Beats the heck out of bingo!)

ElenitaB
07-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Did Mikki's Drinks on the Deck church party go well? (Does anyone else think they shoud convert religions if this is what THEIR church does for fun??? Beats the heck out of bingo!)
:rotfl: You're a riot, Christine!

Actually the soiree is this afternoon if the rain can stay away. Here's some sunshine attracting :pixie: for you, Mikki!

As any of you could have guessed, I feel asleep last night (only had gotten in 4 hours Thursday night) and we ended up not going to the Harry Potter party! I guess you can say I am a party pooper. :( And then I couldn't get back to sleep until 5:00 this morning. Thank goodness they didn't double the dose of the steroids as one of my nurses was discussing or I'd still be awake.

Anyway, my plans for today include a few decluttering sessions at my desk, sorting out our NutriSystem food, some :laundry: , some :mop: and some :cart: including trying to find a copy of HP (hopefully they'll have it at Costco). Now how much do you think I'll actually get done? Unfortunately, I won't get any of it done sitting here at the 'puter and watching the Tour de France, so off I go to the Wonderful World of Chores.

Have a good day, everyone! What kind of cookies should I buy when I'm out shopping?

pogo
07-21-2007, 03:41 PM
(but you and I know the truth, don't we Pogo?)
(looking around to make sure nobody is watching) Yes Big Al..... we sure do know the truth....... no female can beat any male in anything except shopping and talking ! :thumbsup:

I did not get an ice cream cone as shopping is it's own reward.:D
Wouldn't you rather eat carrot sticks than ice cream ? I would ! ;)

I am so excited...she moved to San Antonio two years ago and she is back in town this weekend for another friend's baby shower. I miss her. And we miss her too. Give her a big :hug: for us. What's her name again ?

You have got to be kidding, right ???? Our Christine........ Sainthood ? :funny: Oops, I mean yes, Saint Christine !:angel:

As any of you could have guessed, I feel asleep last night (only had gotten in 4 hours Thursday night) and we ended up not going to the Harry Potter party! I guess you can say I am a party pooper. :( And then I couldn't get back to sleep until 5:00 this morning. Thank goodness they didn't double the dose of the steroids as one of my nurses was discussing or I'd still be awake.

Sleep is good for the soul. And tequila will help you sleep ! Want some ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-21-2007, 10:29 PM
You're sweet to remember! Well, the sheetrock is delivered, there are stacks of it in each room, but not a one of them is put up yet. Hopefully next week they'll start that!

Sheetrock doesn't usually take long to put up, so hopefully when you go back next, you'll feel like you have real walls. :thumbsup:

(looking around to make sure nobody is watching) Yes Big Al..... we sure do know the truth....... no female can beat any male in anything except shopping and talking ! :thumbsup:

:nono:

Girls, I think the Nair definitely needs to come out after that comment, don't you? And, maybe we should wax his legs as well.

Dsnygirl
07-22-2007, 12:28 AM
Have a good day, everyone! What kind of cookies should I buy when I'm out shopping?
Are you kidding?? Any kind!! Just the mere fact that you're out buying some for us is great... I'll take whatever you've got!! :thumbsup:

(looking around to make sure nobody is watching) Yes Big Al..... we sure do know the truth....... no female can beat any male in anything except shopping and talking !
Wow... you're getting as bad as Alex. :shake::( I think maybe it's a good thing you're not going to be there in October, what with all the Tasering and Nair'ing that'll be going on....

Girls, I think the Nair definitely needs to come out after that comment, don't you? And, maybe we should wax his legs as well.
I'm right there with you... who's going to help?? Where's Stitch when you need him??

Hope everyone's Saturday ended well... mine ended here at work, and my Sunday's starting here, as well. :sadwave: But, when I get up later today, we're going kayaking, so that'll more than make up for it, I think!! :boat:

Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!! (Except maybe Pogo and Alex... I think you guys need to do some penance w/ your wives and spend the day shopping and looking at makeup and having your nails done... all 20 of them. I've got a nice shade of pink that might look nice.... :thedolls:)

drummerboy
07-22-2007, 01:16 AM
We had a full house tonight and the show went well. Just zooping in before I go to bed.

Everybody doing well?

alpro2
07-22-2007, 07:58 AM
How funny -- so am I!! We'll have to compare stories and products and share some things from our purses at AC in October!!

OK............NOT! :thedolls:

Deb, if it is your gallbladder, you can be relieved! It is really a simple surgery and I am 100% better for having it! (Just go easy on the pain pills!) :blush: But hopefully it was just some bad food or something. You haven't been eating any hot dog chili sauce lately have you???
Yes Deb, listen to Bladder Babe. Oh, and in case Deb is reading, there is only one Bladder Babe, right Christine? ;)

Yes, yes Alex, we all know the truth. Don't we girls?

I am glad that we have straightened that out. Be nice to me or I won't go easy on you the next time. ;)

(looking around to make sure nobody is watching) Yes Big Al..... we sure do know the truth....... no female can beat any male in anything except shopping and talking !

Easy there big fella. :hide2:

Wow... you're getting as bad as Alex. I think maybe it's a good thing you're not going to be there in October, what with all the Tasering and Nair'ing that'll be going on....
...Have a great day tomorrow, everyone!! (Except maybe Pogo and Alex... I think you guys need to do some penance w/ your wives and spend the day shopping and looking at makeup and having your nails done... all 20 of them. I've got a nice shade of pink that might look nice.... )
Me? What did I do? It was Pogo (what is your real name again?).

Originally Posted by pogo
Our Christine........ Sainthood ? Oops, I mean yes, Saint Christine !

I think that would be Saint Bladder Babe.

Nascfan
07-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Uh-oh, the Nair is coming out for Pogo. It's been nice knowing you. (haha!)

Congrats on the full house Ken!

Everyone enjoying this beautiful weekend? Gorgeous day out there, and we've got a 2:00 pm tee time for our daughter and one of her mates at one of the try-out courses.

Have a great day all!

disneydeb
07-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Mikki, are you OK? Do you need a rescue ship?
Water vacs, fans? The news here shows areas west of London in dire straits.Just thinking of you!

ElenitaB
07-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Intercot ate my post last night! :(

Ken, how did you do last night? No wardrobe malfunctions, right? ;)

Anyway, glad to hear that all is well with everyone but it sure would be nice to hear from Mikki. Maybe the Canadian Mounties can go and seek her out for us?

Christine
07-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Yes Deb, listen to Bladder Babe. Oh, and in case Deb is reading, there is only one Bladder Babe, right Christine? ;)

I will happily relinquish my title should Deb be the next to have that surgery!

I think that would be Saint Bladder Babe.

Have I told you how much I am looking forward to hitting...uh...er.. I mean MEETING you in October???

Have a great day all!

You too, Scott! Good to see you!

Sheetrock doesn't usually take long to put up, so hopefully when you go back next, you'll feel like you have real walls. :thumbsup:

I sure hope so. My landlady has already put the for rent sign in our yard and is trying to get it leased out for the second that we leave, so I have very little wiggle room on the new construction being delayed.
:fingers:

Can you believe it is almost noon and DH and DD are STILL asleep! I'm about to go upstairs and check Olivia for a pulse!

dlpmikki
07-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Anyway, glad to hear that all is well with everyone but it sure would be nice to hear from Mikki. Maybe the Canadian Mounties can go and seek her out for us?

I'm here! Well the rain decided it was going to stay all day yesterday and the river rose (not over the decking but under it again) so we didn't actually have our drinks on the deck. Instead we were all in the house and had a pretty good time. Raised about $800 for the church which was rather more than I expected to manage!

Today I had a tennis match which was a long way off so I was away most of the day - got home an hour or so ago and then helped Andrew with some more clearing up. One plus side of a long car journey when I wasn't the one driving was that I could read the Harry Potter book :read:

Havn't caught up on all the posts but :pixie: for Deb and Jasper. It also sounds like Alex and Pogo need taking in hand (what's new!?) . Is nair going to be enough? :thedolls:

Beast_fanatic
07-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Mickey, congrats on the successful (though soggy) soiree!

I have a very bad joke. What do cows do for fun?