PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Lederhosen Spacesuits.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

pogo
07-04-2007, 12:06 AM
Shouldn't you at least offer me some sugar-free cookies?I'm sorry, but I don't do cookies. Will a :hug: do ? :D

How am I being mean???

You won't ride EE with me so I can't come to the 10th ann. party in October ! :(

:drama:Do you even feel bad about hurting me like that ? I didn't think so. :pout:

Christine
07-04-2007, 12:10 AM
You won't ride EE with me so I can't come to the 10th ann. party in October ! :(

:drama:Do you even feel bad about hurting me like that ? I didn't think so. :pout:

THAT'S being mean? Honey, John would be quick to tell you that that is me being nice on a very GOOD day! Besides, I told you I would find someone for you to ride with!

But if you need me to be the scapegoat and take the blame for you not coming to WDW in Oct, I will. That's just the wonderful kind of friend I am. :angel:

pogo
07-04-2007, 12:15 AM
THAT'S being mean? Honey, John would be quick to tell you that that is me being nice on a very GOOD day! Besides, I told you I would find someone for you to ride with!

But if you need me to be the scapegoat and take the blame for you not coming to WDW in Oct, I will. That's just the wonderful kind of friend I am. :angel:
Poor John....... remind me to buy him a :marg: or a :beer:........ he's got to be a saint.

You know I'm just teasing you. You are one of my top 100 people on Intercot ! ;)

I think I better get to bed now...... what do you think ? Goodnight. :D

Christine
07-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Poor John....... remind me to buy him a :marg: or a :beer:........ he's got to be a saint.

You know I'm just teasing you. You are one of my top 100 people on Intercot ! ;)

I think I better get to bed now...... what do you think ? Goodnight. :D

Don't cry too much for John...he seems to be doing alright! ;)

Top 100??? That's awesome! Much better than I would have thought I could fare around here! :thumbsup:

I'm off to sleep too...tomorrow we get to go to Shreveport and I am so excited!

Goodnight all.

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 03:17 AM
:hi:Neighbor.......... are you going to buy me a gift from LLBEAN with the money you are making from selling the babies?
Now why would you be thinking I'm selling babies??? :D What would you like from LLBean?

Not as much trouble as Alex. Not only did you forget me, but Alex left me off his list, and he called me Rhoda yesterday. :nono:

:sad: I'll just be over here in the corner pouting. :pout:

You know, I noticed that - here's a :hug: !!

I'm off to sleep too...tomorrow we get to go to Shreveport and I am so excited!

Goodnight all.
Have fun in Shreveport!! I'll be sleeping for a little while, and then we're just going to hear the symphony play before the fireworks at our State Fairgrounds tomorrow. (well, today... )

Have a great 4th everybody, in case I don't get on tomorrow!! :fworks: :fworks:

marlyn
07-04-2007, 03:28 AM
You are one of my top 100 people on Intercot !

And just where do the rest of us fit in? ;)

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 03:39 AM
You just HAD to ask, didn't you?? Boy, will there be fighting and vying for position now... :fit: :pout: :boxing:

alpro2
07-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Not as much trouble as Alex. Not only did you forget me, but Alex left me off his list, and he called me Rhoda yesterday.

Oh Rhonda....... I'm so sorry. I knew I would forget someone. Can you ever forgive me ? :D
Nooooooo! Oh RhoNda, I'm so sorry. I knew I would forget someone. Can you ever forgive me? :D

Let me add to the list:
RhoNda is always lighting up our most gloomy days! :D

Do you see anything new?
Did I GAIN anything?

Yeah, yeah...way ahead of you sister. I congratulated you over in Water Cooler about a half hour before you posted this. ;)

You are being mean by calling Ken and I fat, Big Al and Big Guy. :D

You know, I noticed that - here's a :hug: !!

Brown-nose! :D

What's everbody doing for the 4th?

drummerboy
07-04-2007, 07:37 AM
Just zooping in again to say Happy 4th!

Looks like some fireworks have already started around here. People calling people mean, people forgetting people, people pouting, people jockeying for top favorite. Can't we all just get along? Nah, what's the fun in that? Besides, people not getting along is what keeps me in business. :thedolls:

Hope everybody has a wonderful day. I'm off soon to take the kiddies to the parade float. We'll see how that goes.

offwego
07-04-2007, 08:59 AM
I would especially wonder about you Nat up there in Canada because I would think the impact would be less on the other side of the pond in England and such places. It varies Jasper...here (since I'm awfully awfully close to the border) it has a big impact...I'd say 50% of my clients and lawyers etc are off on vactation this week. Same thing happens for the USA thanksgiving here. We have a lot of dual citizens in this area. Other areas I've worked in it has no impact. Location makes all the difference. Glad to hear your managing with your back ok.

Has anyone missed me? Does anyone care??? :pout: ;)
I have some tortilla wraps, veggies & some cherries to share if anyone wants some.
Happy 4th of July to all! Have a safe holiday!!! We missed you! Have a great holiday!

Nat has more cool shoes.
How did you know? They are brown, platforms with bronze beading.

[QUOTE=drummerboy;1343739Besides, people not getting along is what keeps me in business. :thedolls:

Hope everybody has a wonderful day. I'm off soon to take the kiddies to the parade float. We'll see how that goes.[/QUOTE]
Are they mean on the floats? Did they practice the "royal" wave. Would anyone else find that ironic or just me?

disneydeb
07-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Yeah, yeah...way ahead of you sister. I congratulated you over in Water Cooler about a half hour before you posted this. ;)

Thanks! now I'm embarrassed aabout fishing.:blush:

Now that I'm celebrating, I'm handing out Lapu Lapus, Marquaritas, (some sugar-free), or Mickey Bars for my JQ buddies. Who wants what? :party:

pogo
07-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Good morning and Happy Birthday USA !

Have fun in Shreveport!! I'll be sleeping for a little while, and then we're just going to hear the symphony play before the fireworks at our State Fairgrounds tomorrow. (well, today... ) Don't you think you should take your umbrella ?

Better yet... where do you think you fit in, my little "Mini Meet" buddy ? :D

You just HAD to ask, didn't you?? Boy, will there be fighting and vying for position now..
I think it's safe to say your in the top 100 also. ;) What do you think ! :D

Yeah, yeah...way ahead of you sister. I congratulated you over in Water Cooler about a half hour before you posted this.
Me too, me too. :D

Just zooping in again to say Happy 4th!

Looks like some fireworks have already started around here. People calling people mean, people forgetting people, people pouting, people jockeying for top favorite. Can't we all just get along? Nah, what's the fun in that? Besides, people not getting along is what keeps me in business. :thedolls:

Hope everybody has a wonderful day. I'm off soon to take the kiddies to the parade float. We'll see how that goes.
Now that is why we all love you, Big Guy ! That and because you're a lot older than me !:D

How did you know? They are brown, platforms with bronze beading.
Would you beleive I had a premonition ?

offwego
07-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Would you beleive I had a premonition ?
Strange it had been a while. DH is actually worried I won't have enough shoes for sept. Serously. How weird is that?

pogo
07-04-2007, 10:35 AM
Strange it had been a while. DH is actually worried I won't have enough shoes for sept. Serously. How weird is that? I'd say it was pretty weird ! :D

Now I'm off to see Pirates...... is it any good ?

I'll zoop back in later. Bye.

offwego
07-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I'd say it was pretty weird ! :D

I'll zoop back in later. Bye.

Yep pretty good! And so was Ratatoulie...very funny to us at least. Except the rats (when in large groups) still gave me the crawlies. where they supposed to?

Mickey'sGirl
07-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Not as much trouble as Alex. Not only did you forget me, but Alex left me off his list, and he called me Rhoda yesterday. I noticed that! How could anyone forget you??? Now don't let them forget it Rhonda!:thedolls:

I'm sorry, but I don't do cookies. Now that's just CRAZY talk.

And just where do the rest of us fit in? ;)I know where I fit in! :angel:

So, you all may have already answered this, but how big of an impact does an all American Holiday like the Fourth of July impact the workload of those of you in other countries? Zero impact at my office -- we are a 100% Canadian operation. If we had vendors or contractors we used from the States, we could potentially be impacted...but no real issue.

Just zooping in again to say Happy 4th!Happy July 4th Ken! Have fun at the parade!

Yep pretty good! And so was Ratatoulie...very funny to us at least. Except the rats (when in large groups) still gave me the crawlies. where they supposed to?I absolutely shuddered when they were in the swarm in the kitchen....and I love rats (had pet rats growing up)....but I got the heebie jeebies but good!!!

pogo
07-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I know where I fit in! :angel:

You betcha cousin....... you are on the top of my list ! :D

Do you suppose it's because you give good :hug: ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-04-2007, 11:23 AM
You betcha cousin....... you are on the top of my list ! :D

Do you suppose it's because you give good :hug: ? :DThat's just one thing on my long and distinguished list of accomplishments! ;)

What do you mean "I'm sorry, but I don't do cookies.". What planet are you from? Hey Ken! I think we have a stowaway!! A pod person... A triffid... a something.

Do you like lemon bars?

alpro2
07-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Now that I'm celebrating, I'm handing out Lapu Lapus, Marquaritas, (some sugar-free), or Mickey Bars for my JQ buddies. Who wants what? :party:
Yes, yes, and yes. I will take several of all, please. :blush:

Phew....I thought I was the only person on Intercot who hasn't seen Pirates yet. I'll get there over the next couple of days.

I noticed that! How could anyone forget you??? Now don't let them forget it Rhonda!:thedolls:

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe Jen sold her soul to the....good side. OK, I will remember that. Are you just jealous because you have to work today?

Mickey'sGirl
07-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe Jen sold her soul to the....good side. OK, I will remember that. Are you just jealous because you have to work today?
It's Wednesday baby! This babe doesn't work on Wednesday's!! So, am I jealous? Not at all. :D
I hope you enjoy your holiday Alex -- It's rather drizzly here, so I hope you are having better weather!

alpro2
07-04-2007, 11:47 AM
It's Wednesday baby! This babe doesn't work on Wednesday's!! So, am I jealous? Not at all. :D
I hope you enjoy your holiday Alex -- It's rather drizzly here, so I hope you are having better weather!
Another smart-alex!

Thanks for the well wishes for today, Galactic Hero Babe. It is overcast and cool here today. Hopefully the rain will hold out until tonight.

What should I have to hold me over until lunch?

dlpmikki
07-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Another smart-alex!

Shall I hold you over my knee and spank you for being a smart-alex? ;)

Is it going to rain at Wimbledon on Friday when I go? Are you going to miss me for the next couple of days?

Are we going to have a tennis match at the big Icot meet in october?

alpro2
07-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Shall I hold you over my knee and spank you for being a smart-alex? ;)

Is it going to rain at Wimbledon on Friday when I go? Are you going to miss me for the next couple of days?

I miss you already Mikki! :thedolls:

Originally Posted by dlpmikki

Are you sure you want to do that? Somebody else thought the way you did and they had a good taste of humble pie! ;)

offwego
07-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Another smart-alex!

Thanks for the well wishes for today, Galactic Hero Babe. It is overcast and cool here today. Hopefully the rain will hold out until tonight.

didn't you just order cookies and micke bars?

Are you sure you want to do that? Somebody else thought the way you did and they had a good taste of humble pie! ;)
Be careful there Alex...Mikki has lots of time to practice and she could make you eat steak and kidney pie instead...which could hold you over for lunch for a very long time indeed.

Hope your all enjoying your holiday..

dlpmikki
07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
I miss you already Mikki! :thedolls:

Last time I played an American who thought the way you do, I beat him 6:1 :D (I had to use his spare racket which had no grip and too big a handle for me or it might have been even more conclusive :thedolls:) Are you up for the challenge? :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
07-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Last time I played an American who thought the way you do, I beat him 6:1 :D (I had to use his spare racket which had no grip and too big a handle for me or it might have been even more conclusive :thedolls:) Are you up for the challenge? :thumbsup:
I think you could sell tickets Mikki -- Maybe you should ask Ellen to include it on the agenda?:D

ElenitaB
07-04-2007, 03:01 PM
I think all of us have at least one tequila story from our past.
Mine involves mixing rum and tequila (not in the same drink :ack:) and a hangover so bad the next day that even my eyelashes hurt. Gosh, I miss the old days! :crazy:

Then there comes the wedding cake....and you know what they say about wives and wedding cakes?
Am I the only one who's clueless about this? :confused:

I have some tortilla wraps, veggies & some cherries to share if anyone wants some.
Happy 4th of July to all! Have a safe holiday!!!
Here's a raspberry and blueberry shortcake (you know, the red, white and blue thing) for all to share. Thanks for the veggies, wraps and cherries!

Shall we call ourselves Cliff (as in Cliffs Notes)?
Hey, Cliff & Cliff (sounds like a law firm... Ken, do you need partners up north?)

Well, I am officially NOT going to make it to the big INTERCOT meet in October. Looks like we are having a bit of a family reunion here on October 14th. I look forward to seeing you all at another time though.
Bummer! I guess we'll have to start thinking about a JQ meet in 2008... DL or DCL?

Now that I'm celebrating, I'm handing out Lapu Lapus, Marquaritas, (some sugar-free), or Mickey Bars for my JQ buddies. Who wants what?
Wow, congrats, Deb! Can you make a virgin LapuLapu for me? (Notice how carefully I worded that?)

Strange it had been a while. DH is actually worried I won't have enough shoes for sept. Serously. How weird is that?
For the month of September or for your trip?

Yep pretty good! And so was Ratatoulie...very funny to us at least. Except the rats (when in large groups) still gave me the crawlies. where they supposed to?

I absolutely shuddered when they were in the swarm in the kitchen....and I love rats (had pet rats growing up)....but I got the heebie jeebies but good!!!
Yeah, that creeped me out as well. But we did like the movie in spite of it!

I think you could sell tickets Mikki -- Maybe you should ask Ellen to include it on the agenda?:D
Sure, I'll update the agenda now... will you manage it? ;)

Thanks for noticing my absence yesterday. I was out visiting my mom and my brother and I started the whole discussion of her health, etc. Not fun stuff, but something we need to do.

Hope everyone is enjoying the week and the leisure time it has brought some of us.

disneydeb
07-04-2007, 04:18 PM
Ellen,
I will definetly make a virgin Lapu Lapu for you!
I do hope things go a bit better for you and all members of your family.

About the agenda:
Do you think we could entice Pogo to come along if we held a golf tournament for Alex, Pogo and whoever else plays?:D

offwego
07-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Mine involves mixing rum and tequila (not in the same drink :ack:) and a hangover so bad the next day that even my eyelashes hurt. Gosh, I miss the old days! :crazy:

Am I the only one who's clueless about this?

:confused:For the month of September or for your trip?Hope everyone is enjoying the week and the leisure time it has brought some of us.
re the wedding cake thing..Alex was pretty much alone on that one.

Hurt eyelashes huh? that must be some story.

I think DH was worried about the trip..should I stretch it to mean sept? Can you have a shoe emergency at home? HMMM...

I'm still collecting this summers must haves so haven't even thought about fall yet. Though I am feeling a pair of pumps with the guess logo in two shades of brown that I've already spied out.

marlyn
07-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Better yet... where do you think you fit in, my little "Mini Meet" buddy ? :D

Would it be presumptuous of me to say #1? :D ;)

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Hi everybody - hope you're all having a good 4th of July! (That goes for all of our northern neighbors, too!! :D) Our weather's kind-of crummy here, so :fworks: are up in the air right now for later. :( (Okay - I know - they're ALWAYS up in the air... :blush:)
How's everyone else's weather today??

You know, I told my DH the same thing! (He didn't go, it was just the girls & I) Even though the rats were very cute on their own, I found them slightly creepy-crawly when they swarmed the kitchen, etc! Sometimes, the animators' realism is a little too much! ;)

Do you like lemon bars?

I do! Have any to share?? I make a mean lemon spritzer with just a hint of mint that would go nicely - would you like some??

Phew....I thought I was the only person on Intercot who hasn't seen Pirates yet. I'll get there over the next couple of days.

:jaw:

Mine involves mixing rum and tequila (not in the same drink) and a hangover so bad the next day that even my eyelashes hurt. Gosh, I miss the old days!

Am I the only one who's clueless about this?

Here's a raspberry and blueberry shortcake (you know, the red, white and blue thing) for all to share.

Thanks for noticing my absence yesterday. I was out visiting my mom and my brother and I started the whole discussion of her health, etc. Not fun stuff, but something we need to do.

Wow - that'd be an impressive mixture... can't say my eyelashes have ever complained...

Nope - I didn't get that either, or the part when he tried to clarify it...:confused:

Thanks for the shortcake!! Yumm!! It went great with my coffee!!

Glad you're back!!:D

Gotta run for now and try to watch the weather and see if there'll be fireworks somewhere tonight - hope everyone's doing well!!

drummerboy
07-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Float went well. The grandkiddies kind of sat there like lumps, but Pa stood at the top and played the claves (and did the royal wave of course). Lots of kids from the cast sang the same song over and over as they walked and danced beside the float. I don't think they'll forget that song come show time.

Anybody want to go back out to the crafts and fireworks? I don't know where the family is right now. When I got back from the concert, they were already out. Oh well, that gave me some I'cot time.

offwego
07-04-2007, 05:30 PM
Anybody want to go back out to the crafts and fireworks? I don't know where the family is right now. When I got back from the concert, they were already out. Oh well, that gave me some I'cot time.

Do we have to do the crafts? I'm not artistic...at all. Painting my nails is as close as I'll ever get and frankly...it looks better if I pay someone else but most people don't stare at your toes that much.

Otherwise I'm there. Think I can just add it to my mileage?

marlyn
07-04-2007, 05:34 PM
Sounds like you are all having a wonderful 4th of July. I have to work a 12 hr night tonight. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Can I come and play with you guys?

Nighty night....off to try and nap. It is hot and sunny here....very hard to nap when it is nice out. I just want to be out enjoying my day :(

offwego
07-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Sounds like you are all having a wonderful 4th of July. I have to work a 12 hr night tonight. That doesn't sound like fun at all. Can I come and play with you guys?

Nighty night....off to try and nap. It is hot and sunny here....very hard to nap when it is nice out. I just want to be out enjoying my day :(
Lynne...good luck with that DH works nights too and has a really hard time with it when it's so nice. Do you use blackout shades and whitenoise things?

Hope everyone enjoy's their holiday...have fun with all the fireworks!!!

alpro2
07-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Miikki - is that a challenge? Here in the States, we don't play of grass. Would that be a problem, matey? ;)

Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
I think you could sell tickets Mikki -- Maybe you should ask Ellen to include it on the agenda?

Do I hear another Billie Jean vs. Bobby Riggs?

Regarding the wedding cake, there is a joke that goes something like: What is the one food that reduces the libido in brides. Wedding cake. Don't you hate when you have to explain jokes. :shake:

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 06:20 PM
Ken, glad to hear the float went well - have you perfected that wave yet?? :hi:

Lynne...good luck with that DH works nights too and has a really hard time with it when it's so nice. Do you use blackout shades and whitenoise things?

Come & play, please!! That'd be much better than working! I know, 'cuz I did it last night, and now I'm getting a little sleepy... I'll have to wake up in time to go see some :fworks: (hopefully - they're still on, so far...) It was easy to sleep today, though, w/ the weather being cloudy & damp out... :rain:
I don't use blackout shades, but I do use a white noise machine - it actually plays a bunch of sounds, and I like the stream or the rain sounds best. I don't hear much - unless someone forgets to take the dog's collar off and he decides he misses me and has to come hang out outside my bedroom door... :shake:

Have a good night, Lynne - pop in when you get the chance!!

marlyn
07-04-2007, 06:29 PM

I put in ear plugs and can always sleep very well AFTER I work nights. It is the first night that I have trouble with. I know I should nap since I have been up since 8:00am and won't get to bed until 8:00 am tomorrow morning...but as you can see, I can't nap so am here posting. I gave up trying and decided to get up.

Tomorrow I will sleep like the dead as I will have been up for 24 hrs.

Would anyone care to sing me a lullabye? Or are you all out getting ready for fireworks?

pogo
07-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm back............ and we really enjoyed POC 3 !

That's just one thing on my long and distinguished list of accomplishments! ;)

What do you mean "I'm sorry, but I don't do cookies.". What planet are you from? Hey Ken! I think we have a stowaway!! A pod person... A triffid... a something.

Do you like lemon bars?

Don't push your luck, cousin ! Yes, I like lemon bars. Does it make a difference ?

Well....... would you believe you are now ?

Back off, Big Al..... leave "cousin" alone or I'll have to tell everyone you play tennis with pink balls ! Do you know what I mean ? :D

Hey it's really quiet today....... where is Christine ? :D

ElenitaB
07-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Christine is off in Shreveport, trying to keep Olivia from eating all the candy apples.

Float went well. The grandkiddies kind of sat there like lumps, but Pa stood at the top and played the claves (and did the royal wave of course). Lots of kids from the cast sang the same song over and over as they walked and danced beside the float. I don't think they'll forget that song come show time.
As long as the song doesn't talk about moons, golden suns, and smiles meant for everyone, there should be no lasting damage. ;)

It's rainy here... I sure hope it clears up enough for the Macy's fireworks tonight. I've seen fireworks at the MK in the pouring rain (MVMCP fireworks to be exact), but that's different, right?

Lynne, here's some coffee for you! And some berry shortcake to keep your blood sugar up too!

Tom, glad that you enjoyed PoTC3. But the real question is if Patti liked it?

pjbs35a
07-04-2007, 08:26 PM
Who wants a Nathan's hot dog ???

What's all the talk about Floats and Shreveport ???

pogo
07-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Tom, glad that you enjoyed PoTC3. But the real question is if Patti liked it?
Yes.... she loved it. Would you believe she likes Capt. Jack Sparrows' lips ?

Shall I hold you over my knee and spank you for being a smart-alex? Can I watch ? :D

Mine involves mixing rum and tequila (not in the same drink :ack:) and a hangover so bad the next day that even my eyelashes hurt. Gosh, I miss the old days!
Ellen...... care to tell us more about the "old days" ?

About the agenda: Do you think we could entice Pogo to come along if we held a golf tournament for Alex, Pogo and whoever else plays?:D
Pogo is already enticed....... but it is not going to happen. We are going to be in Albequerque that weekend. Care to move the 10th Ann. meet until the next week ?

Would it be presumptuous of me to say #1? :D ;)
I'm sorry Lynne..... that is a spot held for cousin. But it's safe to say you are one of the next 99. :D

Do I hear another Billie Jean vs. Bobby Riggs?

Alex........... do you remember the outcome of that ? De de deeeeeee. :D

drummerboy
07-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Who wants a Nathan's hot dog ???

We've all been in Shreveport having root:beer: floats. Where were you?

Well, the fireworks are over. Time to get the Christmas stuff out, isn't it?

You know, maybe we should sing IASW on next year's float. Think how people would remember it.

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi all... just back from the :fworks:... they were great!

I put in ear plugs and can always sleep very well AFTER I work nights. It is the first night that I have trouble with. I know I should nap since I have been up since 8:00am and won't get to bed until 8:00 am tomorrow morning...but as you can see, I can't nap so am here posting. I gave up trying and decided to get up.

Tomorrow I will sleep like the dead as I will have been up for 24 hrs.

That's me, too - I just cannot nap before that first day on, no matter how hard I try. Of course, around 5 am, I am wishing I could put my head down on whatever is nearby and just catch a few zzzz's.... hope your night is fast, and that you sleep well tomorrow!!

Ummm... yes... easy to believe. :D Did she like Will's bandana?? That seems to be a favorite, too.... okay, my favorite... :blush:

Hope everyone has a good night - what's on deck for tomorrow?? (Or maybe I should say on board, since we're still floating in space... )

pogo
07-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Ummm... yes... easy to believe. :D Did she like Will's bandana?? That seems to be a favorite, too.... okay, my favorite... :blush:
She didn't mention it. Why do ladies like guys wearing womens clothes ?

Hope everyone has a good night - what's on deck for tomorrow?? (Or maybe I should say on board, since we're still floating in space... ) Very light day for me tomorrow and the next. Maybe some golf if we get good weather. How about you? :D

Dsnygirl
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
Very light day for me tomorrow and the next. Maybe some golf if we get good weather. How about you? :D
Hmmm.... hadn't thought about it that way.... but can't a bandana really go both ways? (Not sure that came out right... :blush:) Still works, though... :D

We're meeting with the principal of the elementary school here in Marcellus in the am, just to learn more... then visiting the day camp the girls will be going to the next two weeks... then a few more errands, and home to play. So - not too exciting, but still good! DH is planning on golf in the evening... he's hoping for some sunny skies, too.

I'm off to bed now - have a good evening, neighbor! And everyone else, too! :)

disneydeb
07-04-2007, 10:57 PM
My mother-in-law passed away about 1:45 this afternoon. My daughters and husband are hurting so it breaks my heart. What can you so when words are not enough?:(

pogo
07-04-2007, 11:05 PM
My mother-in-law passed away about 1:45 this afternoon. My daughters and husband are hurting so it breaks my heart. What can you so when words are not enough?:(
I'm very sorry to hear this bad news. Do you need a :hug: to get you through this ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-04-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't do cookies. Will a :hug: do ?

I'd really rather have the cookie. ;)

Nooooooo! Oh RhoNda, I'm so sorry. I knew I would forget someone. Can you ever forgive me?

Let me add to the list:
RhoNda is always lighting up our most gloomy days! :D

Brown-nose! :D

Have you ever seen a better example of the pot calling the kettle black? :rolleyes:

I'll also have one of each, please! All sugar-free if possible.

Perhaps you could just put on an exhibition instead... :blush:

How's everyone else's weather today??

Surprisingly, we only saw a few sprinkles today. The high was only in the mid-80's and there was some cloud cover and a breeze that kept it pretty nice. It was actually the nicest day we've had in quite awhile. :thumbsup:

pogo
07-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I'd really rather have the cookie. ;)
Ouch ! :( That hurt. :pout: Do you treat everybody like that ? Do all you Texan women have a mean streak ? :D

pogo
07-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Can you tell I'm getting sleepy ? Goodnight all. :D

Christine
07-05-2007, 01:12 AM
:whew: We just got home from Shreveport. It rained SO HARD on the way down there, we (and about 50 other cars) had to pull off the interstate...the water was coming up around the cars, and you couldn't see the end of your own vehicle. It did manage to stop raining in time for the fireworks. The Boardwalk was fun...nice to do something new.

We had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack and dinner at Saltgrass Steak House. We didn't get there in time to register for the apple eating contest (since we had to sit through the mini monsoon on the way down), but we watched. Then we got our own. I was a bit disappointed in mine. All I wanted was a caramel apple with peanuts. Well, they don't do peanuts...they do almonds and pecans. How can you make caramel apples and not offer peanuts??? :shrug: :confused:

All in all, a very nice day.

You are being mean by calling Ken and I fat, Big Al and Big Guy. :D

I thought you liked your nicknames? I'm sorry... :giveup:

I FLOATED to Shreveport...maybe that's what you heard! :umbrella: :sail:

ElenitaB
07-05-2007, 03:00 AM
Deb, I am SO sorry about your MIL. Here's :hug: for your DH and your daughters. Are you all travelling for the funeral? I'm really so, so sorry.

What can you so when words are not enough? :(
Just be there... :(

Ellen...... care to tell us more about the "old days" ?
Only his lips? She can be last in line then ;)

My "old days" are still a bit younger than your "old days" (but only by a bit). And they would make the stubble on your head stand up! I was a bit of a wild child. :blush:

Hope everyone has a good night - what's on deck for tomorrow?? (Or maybe I should say on board, since we're still floating in space... )
I was sick after dinner tonight (I'll spare you all the details). Hopefully it's nothing bigger or worthy of the fretting I'm now doing, and tomorrow all will be much better. I've managed to stay out of the hospital for six months now... I'd like to keep it that way. So short of having to head over to see my N.P. or go to the ER, I'd like a nice quiet day of working at home, thank you.

I always thought bandanas were miner/railroad worker/cowboy clothes. :confused:

See you all in the morning! In the meantime, hi, Lynne! Hope you're having a good night.

pogo
07-05-2007, 07:07 AM
Good morning everyone....... it's another fine day here on Intercot.

So..... what do we have planned for today ?

I'm looking forward to two easy days here in Rochester. Business is slow during July but picks up in August.

:whew: We just got home from Shreveport. It rained SO HARD on the way down there, we (and about 50 other cars) had to pull off the interstate...the water was coming up around the cars, and you couldn't see the end of your own vehicle. It did manage to stop raining in time for the fireworks. The Boardwalk was fun...nice to do something new. I'm glad you made it there and back, safe and sound. Was the fireworks worth driving for ?

My "old days" are still a bit younger than your "old days" (but only by a bit). And they would make the stubble on your head stand up! I was a bit of a wild child. :blush:
I find this hard to believe.... you a wild child ?

I always thought bandanas were miner/railroad worker/cowboy clothes. :confused:
Well I think you may be correct, but..... I think they used it for covering their face to keep from being recognized or to keep the dust out of their face. :D

drummerboy
07-05-2007, 07:26 AM
Deb, sorry to hear about your MIL. Give my best to your husband.

Christine, you know we're just picking on you, don't you? We don't think you're all that mean. :thedolls:

Who wants to go to a wedding with me Saturday? My best buddy from high school is getting remarried. His first wife (I was best man at the wedding) passed away a couple of years ago. Later, he went to a class reunion where they combine classes and he re-met a sister of one of our classmates. She was two years ahead of us. They hit it off right away and they seem to be a good match.

Rhonda, by the end of the parade, one cast member who has diabetes just about crashed--they had to give her an emergency candy bar. The heat and the walking/dancing must have thrown her insulin pump off.

Mickey'sGirl
07-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Am I the only one who's clueless about this? :confused:we need to do.

re the wedding cake thing..Alex was pretty much alone on that one.

Nope - I didn't get that either, or the part when he tried to clarify it...:confused:
Salt peter (which Alex used in his attempt to explain the wedding cake) was thought to suppress a gentleman's "drive". A wedding cake is joked to do the same for a lady. :D

Regarding the wedding cake, there is a joke that goes something like: What is the one food that reduces the libido in brides. Wedding cake. Don't you hate when you have to explain jokes. :shake:I feel your pain Alex...I too often have to explian my jokes...maybe I need a new writer?

My mother-in-law passed away about 1:45 this afternoon. My daughters and husband are hurting so it breaks my heart. What can you so when words are not enough?:(I am so sorry for your family Deb. I hope that they find some comfort in their memories of her.

I was sick after dinner tonight (I'll spare you all the details). Hopefully it's nothing bigger or worthy of the fretting I'm now doing, and tomorrow all will be much better. I've managed to stay out of the hospital for six months now... I'd like to keep it that way. So short of having to head over to see my N.P. or go to the ER, I'd like a nice quiet day of working at home, thank you.
I am sending some extra special :pixie: for you Ellen....and thinking all the positive thoughts I can to help you feel better. :hug:

offwego
07-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Deb I'm so sorry to hear this. We will all be thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Only his lips? She can be last in line then ;)

I was sick after dinner tonight (I'll spare you all the details). Hopefully it's nothing bigger or worthy of the fretting I'm now doing, and tomorrow all will be much better. I've managed to stay out of the hospital for six months now... I'd like to keep it that way. So short of having to head over to see my N.P. or go to the ER, I'd like a nice quiet day of working at home, thank you..
Ellen are you feeling better yet? Don't be shy about getting looked after if you need it!

What part gets you front of the line access per se?

And wild child? This could be the thing that makes me switch to cruises just to find out about that ya know!

QUOTE=drummerboy;1344648]
Rhonda, by the end of the parade, one cast member who has diabetes just about crashed--they had to give her an emergency candy bar. The heat and the walking/dancing must have thrown her insulin pump off.[/QUOTE]
That must have been pretty scary...hope she was ok later.

Christine
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Deb, somehow I missed your news. So sorry about your mother in law. :( Two losses in one week is hard to take! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Ellen, I am sorry you're not feeling well! Prayers and :pixie: for you too!! :hug:

I'm glad you made it there and back, safe and sound. Was the fireworks worth driving for ?

Eh... :shrug: It's hard for me to go crazy about fireworks without a castle in the foreground! :thumbsup: But for what it was, it was good. Worth the drive???? I guess so.

Christine, you know we're just picking on you, don't you? We don't think you're all that mean. :thedolls:

gee, thanks

Mickey'sGirl
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Things are slow around here today.... How long before you can make the jump to light speed? :yoda:

Nascfan
07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Deb, I'm so sorry about your Mother-in-law.

Please give your husband my sympathies, ok? My prayers go to you and your whole family. :hug:

disneydeb
07-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this bad news. Do you need a :hug: to get you through this ? :D

Deb, I am SO sorry about your MIL. Here's :hug: for your DH and your daughters. Are you all travelling for the funeral? I'm really so, so sorry.

Just be there... :(

Deb, sorry to hear about your MIL. Give my best to your husband.

[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1344714]
I am so sorry for your family Deb. I hope that they find some comfort in their memories of her

Deb I'm so sorry to hear this. We will all be thinking of you and your family at this difficult time.

Ellen are you feeling better yet? Don't be shy about getting looked after if you need it!

[QUOTE=cantgetenuff;1344965]Deb, somehow I missed your news. So sorry about your mother in law. :( Two losses in one week is hard to take! I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
:

Deb, I'm so sorry about your Mother-in-law.

Please give your husband my sympathies, ok? My prayers go to you and your whole family. :hug:

Thank you all for your hugs and kind words. My husband and daughters appreciate your sentiments also.

Ellen, Please dear take care of yourself and don't hesitate to ask for help if you need it.

We are not travelling as she lived here in town, but we are expecting LOTS of people in the next few days. Her oldest drove up from Tuscaloosa last night. His children will follow sometime today. A brother is flying in from the east coast and 2 grandchildren will be here sometime tomorrow. The funeral is Saturday and I am leaving Sunday morning to go to a reading conference. I'm officially signing off now until sometime Wednesday.

Who will miss me? Who volunteers to catch me up on all that goes on while I'm gone?
:mickey:deb

Dsnygirl
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi guys - just popping in for a bit while I'm on hold w/ my bank... I think I've been sent to at least 4 different departments already! :confused: All I want to do is cxl an automatic withdrawal... but one person says it's another person's dept... then they say it's not, it's someone else's... not quite sure how one simple account can need so many people to access it and figure things out... :(

My mother-in-law passed away about 1:45 this afternoon. My daughters and husband are hurting so it breaks my heart. What can you so when words are not enough?
Deb, I am so, so sorry to hear this.... sending a :hug: your way.

Have you ever seen a better example of the pot calling the kettle black?
Nope.... :shake:

I was sick after dinner tonight (I'll spare you all the details). Hopefully it's nothing bigger or worthy of the fretting I'm now doing, and tomorrow all will be much better. I've managed to stay out of the hospital for six months now... I'd like to keep it that way.
Ellen, I hope you're feeling better today - did you go see your NP? Be sure to check in and let us know how you're doing...

Rhonda, by the end of the parade, one cast member who has diabetes just about crashed--they had to give her an emergency candy bar. The heat and the walking/dancing must have thrown her insulin pump off.
That must have made everyone nervous... if only I'd known there was a legitimate way to get an emergency candy bar!! :blush:

Salt peter (which Alex used in his attempt to explain the wedding cake) was thought to suppress a gentleman's "drive". A wedding cake is joked to do the same for a lady.
Thanks for the explanation! Now I can stop wondering... :thumbsup: Never realized before how handy that wedding cake was... :D

Okay - I'm still on hold... guess I'll go put some stuff away or do some laundry. Hopefully I won't still be here at dinner time.... :bored: Anybody know a faster way to get through these systems?? I guess I need some light-speed, too...

offwego
07-05-2007, 03:09 PM
[QUOTE=disneydeb;1345158Who will miss me? Who volunteers to catch me up on all that goes on while I'm gone?
:mickey:deb[/QUOTE]

We all willl..And I'm sure Pogo, Alex and Di will catch you up free of charge. Right guys?

offwego
07-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi guys - just popping in for a bit while I'm on hold w/ my bank... I think I've been sent to at least 4 different departments already! :confused: All I want to do is cxl an automatic withdrawal... but one person says it's another person's dept... then they say it's not, it's someone else's... not quite sure how one simple account can need so many people to access it and figure things out... :(Okay - I'm still on hold... guess I'll go put some stuff away or do some laundry. Hopefully I won't still be here at dinner time.... :bored: Anybody know a faster way to get through these systems?? I guess I need some light-speed, too...

It's an art form...personally I love the it's not my job thing...or my area or my whatever. It's what you learn on your first day. (kidding).

Can you do it online?

Dsnygirl
07-05-2007, 04:54 PM
It's an art form...personally I love the it's not my job thing...or my area or my whatever. It's what you learn on your first day. (kidding).

Can you do it online?
Nope - I guess b/c I set up the pymt over the phone w/the bank vs. having set it up online, it had to be done "in person" over the phone. But - it's all set now - luckily, the guy I talked to took pity on me and although I was on hold forever, when he came back on the line, he'd talked to whomever I would have had to have dealt with and took care of it for me. :)
I don't mind so much having to do it myself - it's having to explain the same thing over & over & over.... and then each person hears something different, or looks at the wrong screen and sends you off into cyberspace - ugh.
Don't they have any classes for us underlings so we know how to respond with the right answers??? :blush: (or at least the answers that will send us to the right person, even if the answers make no sense to us... ;))

offwego
07-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Don't they have any classes for us underlings so we know how to respond with the right answers??? :blush: (or at least the answers that will send us to the right person, even if the answers make no sense to us... ;))

Sure do...costs about 100.00 per month. Want to know where to sign?

pogo
07-05-2007, 06:11 PM
We all willl..And I'm sure Pogo, Alex and Di will catch you up free of charge. Right guys?Free of charge ? Are you kidding..... free of charge ? Why yes..... I will ! :D

Nope - I guess b/c I set up the pymt over the phone w/the bank vs. having set it up online, it had to be done "in person" over the phone. But - it's all set now - luckily, the guy I talked to took pity on me and although I was on hold forever, when he came back on the line, he'd talked to whomever I would have had to have dealt with and took care of it for me. :)
Did you use all your femine charm ? :D

alpro2
07-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear about your MIL Deb.

Ouch ! :( That hurt. :pout: Do you treat everybody like that ? Do all you Texan women have a mean streak ?
:D That was very funny, RhoNda!

I thought you liked your nicknames? I'm sorry...

Oh Christine....I am only kidding (I think). :thedolls:

Salt peter (which Alex used in his attempt to explain the wedding cake) was thought to suppress a gentleman's "drive". A wedding cake is joked to do the same for a lady.
I feel your pain Alex...I too often have to explian my jokes...maybe I need a new writer?

You are so smart, Jen! What a politically correct way to explain the joke. Is it still a joke by now, isn't it?

Thanks for the explanation! Now I can stop wondering... :thumbsup: Never realized before how handy that wedding cake was...

True isn't it? ;)

We all willl..And I'm sure Pogo, Alex and Di will catch you up free of charge. Right guys?
Oh, sure we will. :thedolls:

pogo
07-06-2007, 09:22 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOOO
is anybody here ? What happened to all of last nights posts and the ones from this morning ? :D

Dsnygirl
07-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey everybody!! Glad to see we're up & running, even for the short term... what would I do all night here at work w/o I'cot to keep me company??? :confused:

Hope everyone's had a good day... I checked in this morning, but somehow my post and all the posts I repsonded to are gone... must be lost in cyberspace. Maybe we'll find them while we're out here???

Anyone have any fun plans for this weekend?? I'm obviously sleeping a bit tomorrow, but then my girls and I are hanging out and having a movie night while daddy golfs, and we're hitting the water park Sunday - it's supposed to be HOT here. Whoo hoo!! :woohoo: :diver: :snorkel:

pogo
07-06-2007, 10:22 PM
:hi: Hi neighbor !

I've been busy today so I haven't had much of a chance to get on here today.

Anybody seen Christine ? I hear they are getting a lot of rain again today and a lot of flooding. I hope her family is O.K.

Tomorrow I'll be passing through Syracuse at around 11:00 AM heading for Camden to see my Mom and then to Rome to celebrate my Granddaughters birthday. I'll wave when I go by.

Stay awake tonight. :D

Christine
07-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Anybody seen Christine ? I hear they are getting a lot of rain again today and a lot of flooding. I hope her family is O.K.

I'm right here! We're fine...even if we are treading water! :swim: It is so bizarre to see our hokey one horse town on national tv news!

The street I work on washed out...two other main roads are closed, and about 10 side roads are out.

Poor Olivia is questioning her faith! She learned about Noah in VBS this summer. She said, "But Mommy, God PROMISED he would never flood the earth again!"

So I have spent a great deal of time trying to get her to understand that 4 feet of water is not what God considers a flood...

Oh boy...as we speak, hear comes the rain again! Isn't that a song from the 80's??? :D

Christine
07-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh...does anyone want to see what the Louisiana Boardwalk looks like? Here are a few shots from the fourth. (We didn't take a single fireworks picture! If a fireworks show doesn't have a castle in front of it, what's the point, right??)

http://family.webshots.com/album/559777973AFElgN

pogo
07-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm right here! We're fine...even if we are treading water! :swim: It is so bizarre to see our hokey one horse town on national tv news!

Well, it rained here too, for a day or so and now I have to mow my lawn.

Do you need me to send you a :boat: ? :D

pogo
07-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh...does anyone want to see what the Louisiana Boardwalk looks like? Here are a few shots from the fourth. (We didn't take a single fireworks picture! If a fireworks show doesn't have a castle in front of it, what's the point, right??)

http://family.webshots.com/album/559777973AFElgN
Thanks for sharing. Is that Olivia in most of the pics ? She is very pretty.

Is that you in the red going into the Joes Clam Shack ? :D

Christine
07-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Thanks for sharing. Is that Olivia in most of the pics ? She is very pretty.

Is that you in the red going into the Joes Clam Shack ? :D

Yes, that's my Olivia...isn't she a doll? She is, just ask her!

No that's not me in the red...I'm the one in the blue behind her! :D

You're so bad!!!

pogo
07-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, that's my Olivia...isn't she a doll? She is, just ask her!

No that's not me in the red...I'm the one in the blue behind her! :D

You're so bad!!!

Oh...... OK. I guess I had you pictured as a blonde.:blush:

Why am I bad ?

Christine
07-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Oh...... OK. I guess I had you pictured as a blonde.:blush:

Why am I bad ?

Sorry, I should say "we're" bad, having a laugh at the expense of these people in the picture!
:nono: We should be ashamed!

And by the way, I am a blonde, no matter WHAT my roots may say! :)

Where's little al?? (My previous post renaming him didn't survive, did it? Hope he finds his new nickname less offensive than his old one!)

pogo
07-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Sorry, I should say "we're" bad, having a laugh at the expense of these people in the picture!
:nono: We should be ashamed!

And by the way, I am a blonde, no matter WHAT my roots may say! :)

Where's little al?? (My previous post renaming him didn't survive, did it? Hope he finds his new nickname less offensive than his old one!) So that wasn't you ? :confused:

One day we'll meet face to face..... untill then.... goodnight. :D

Christine
07-06-2007, 11:21 PM
So that wasn't you ? :confused:

One day we'll meet face to face..... untill then.... goodnight. :D

Oh I'm sorry...I thought you were teasing me. No, that wasn't me. I'm not in the photo at all. That's me in my avatar, though!

I'm still holding out hope that you'll join us in October. I may not ride EE with you, but I'll do PIrates or Small World. Would that do?

Good night all! Hope things are still running tomorrow!

marlyn
07-07-2007, 12:04 AM
I take it, from your posts, that the forum was down for a bit? What happened?

For those of you flooding in Texas...I send :pixie:

Beast_fanatic
07-07-2007, 12:57 AM

I'm sorry Deb. I guess I overlooked your post as well. Lots of :pixie: to all of you to help with the hurting...

Ouch ! :( That hurt. :pout: Do you treat everybody like that ? Do all you Texan women have a mean streak ? :D

Sorry, I just really want a cookie. As far as the mean streak, I wouldn't put it past us. ;)

I'm sure that was very scary. Supposedly, I shouldn't have troubles with low blood sugar on the medication that I'm on, but on Wednesday I got really dizzy a couple of times, and I think that's what it was.

Any word from Ellen? The continuous flow of :pixie: is streaming her way...

Nascfan
07-07-2007, 08:13 AM
How's everyone doing? Well, I hope.

Christine and John, I sure hope the rains stop soon for you guys. You need some dry-out time, bad.

Have a great weekend everybody! :mickey:

pogo
07-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Oh I'm sorry...I thought you were teasing me. No, that wasn't me. I'm not in the photo at all. That's me in my avatar, though!

I'm still holding out hope that you'll join us in October. I may not ride EE with you, but I'll do PIrates or Small World. Would that do?

Me tease ? Come on now. I would never. ;)

I can say without a doubt, I will not be with you guys in October. But on the bright side, I'm going to be meeting some of our Intercotee's in Albuquerque !

I take it, from your posts, that the forum was down for a bit? What happened?
Yes, it was down for most of Friday.

Sorry, I just really want a cookie. As far as the mean streak, I wouldn't put it past us. ;) OK..... but you've got to get your cookies from someone else ! Did that sound right ? :D

How's everyone doing? Well, I hope.

Doing fine......... how about you ? :D

ElenitaB
07-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey, all! Thanks for the :pixie: It must have helped (as usual) because by the next afternoon I was feeling all better. I always try to take a "wait and see" approach unless I have a fever because I really don't have the best memories of the ER. And the last thing I want to do is freak out Ben right now.

Everytime I tried to get on this thread on Thursday or yesterday, Icot would freeze. :mad: And then yesterday JohnY posted that Icot would be down all weekend and for us to go have a life! I feel bereft without you all...

Cute pictures, Christine! Tell Olivia I love her Crocs (but don't tell Nat I said so :secret: She's say that I was corrupting a minor). Why did I think that a Boardwalk would be made of wood and not stone... it does look like a cool place though!

Deb, I'm thinking of you and your family. I hope that you'll find consolation in each other. It's sad that families have to gather for those types of occasions though. :(

We're meeting with the principal of the elementary school here in Marcellus in the am, just to learn more
Blythe, how did that go?

I'm going to get cleaning and try to drag Ben out of the house somewhere today. I've been surprised that he hasn't wanted to see Transformers. Does anyone actually understand how an 11 yr old mind works? :confused: Pogo, can you help me out here?

dlpmikki
07-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Have I missed much? Wimbledon was 'ace' which is more than I can say for the journey home but at least I got there with no problems. :)

:pixie: for anyone who needs it!

Dsnygirl
07-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Hi neighbor !
Tomorrow I'll be passing through Syracuse at around 11:00 AM heading for Camden to see my Mom and then to Rome to celebrate my Granddaughters birthday. I'll wave when I go by.
Stay awake tonight.
I believe I caught that wave... my dog decided at about that time to bark his lovely little (or not so little - he's a black lab) head off at the mailman, and I was unfortunately awake... but glad I caught the wave!! We'll send you a hello and a :hi: when we're driving by to Seabreeze tomorrow.
I was VERY awake last night... suffice it to say that being born - or trying to be born - on 7/7/07 was very popular, and we were SO busy!! I usually have one or two patients... I had 3 most of the night, as did most of the other nurses, and as I was the only "scrub nurse" on the floor (I used to be an OR nurse and can scrub to assist the surgeons in surgery), I also did 3 C-sections, one involving twins. It was nuts. :crazy: The chinese I ordered last night at 10pm is now sitting in my fridge here for dinner tonight.... :cool:

I'm right here! We're fine...even if we are treading water! It is so bizarre to see our hokey one horse town on national tv news!

The street I work on washed out...two other main roads are closed, and about 10 side roads are out.

Poor Olivia is questioning her faith! She learned about Noah in VBS this summer. She said, "But Mommy, God PROMISED he would never flood the earth again!"

So I have spent a great deal of time trying to get her to understand that 4 feet of water is not what God considers a flood...

Oh boy...as we speak, hear comes the rain again! Isn't that a song from the 80's???
That is so cute, about Olivia... my DD's would say the same. ;) How's the rain today?? Has it eased up any yet?? We'll have send the Coast Guard your way soon....

I can say without a doubt, I will not be with you guys in October.
:(... but I'm sure you'll have such a good time @ the Balloon Fest - and getting to meet I'cotees there will be cool!! Can't wait to see all the great pics I'm sure you'll get....

Blythe, how did that go?

Ellen - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better - do try to stay out of that ER!! We want you getting better & better!! :)

As far as our meeting w/ the principal of the elementary school here, it went very well - thanks for asking! He seems to be a very nice man, and the school seems very well run -- and lots of good programs. The Parks & Recreation programs were going on while we were there, so there were kids everywhere, and it made the girls feel comfortable, as well -- they both are on board with whatever decision we make, which is great.
We're a little nervous about Julia going into the "middle school" at 4th grade... so we'll be meeting with that principal in a few weeks - he's in England on a high school exchange program. But overall, things seem very positive, and the girls are excited about it thus far -- that certainly makes it easier. I feel sad at the same time, though - we just love the school they've been going to, and it's such a "family" there... but we also feel like we're headed in the right direction. Such an odd feeling, when decisions like this come up....

Hope everyone's having a good day -- we're off to run a few errands and pick up a movie -- but, seeing as my 8 yr old was up 'til almost 3 am at her friend's house, I think it'll be an early night for all of us here... :sleepin:

Christine
07-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Christine and John, I sure hope the rains stop soon for you guys. You need some dry-out time, bad.

Thanks, Scott! It's much better today. There is this big round bright ball in the sky that is putting out warmth... I seem to remember seeing something like it a long time ago! ;)

Cute pictures, Christine! Tell Olivia I love her Crocs (but don't tell Nat I said so .She's say that I was corrupting a minor). Why did I think that a Boardwalk would be made of wood and not stone... it does look like a cool place though!

So glad you're feeling better Ellen!!! :cheer:

There really is a wood boardwalk, but it is smack dab right on the river...we were up more by the shops! (go figure!) ;)

I just told Olivia you liked her crocs and she said "I know...they're fashion!" So take that, Nat! :fresh: :D

Wimbledon was 'ace' which is more than I can say for the journey home but at least I got there with no problems. :)

Sorry your journey was not enjoyable, but glad you're home now safe and sound!

Blythe, I'm glad your meeting with the principal went well. I promise you things will work out! We went through such similar feelings when we moved Olivia last year, and she LOVES her new school. Turns out, John and I were the ones having the problem with it!

Have a good weekend, all!

My question is wet...will that still work? :umbrella:

trackbarroness
07-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Now who ordered these 150 rice crispie treats and other mickey kind of food? :mickey:
Hope you all are having a Disney kind of day.
At least the rains haven't been to bad today and over the last few days. So what have I missed since my last post?

Mickey'sGirl
07-07-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm right here! We're fine...even if we are treading water! :swim: It is so bizarre to see our hokey one horse town on national tv news! I am thinking about you all Christine! Try to stay dry ... and safe too, of course!

Do you need me to send you a :boat: ? :DHey, I offered to do that yesterday, but the craziness obliterated my post! Great minds must think alike, Cousin!

Hey, all! Thanks for the :pixie: It must have helped (as usual) because by the next afternoon I was feeling all better. I always try to take a "wait and see" approach unless I have a fever because I really don't have the best memories of the ER. And the last thing I want to do is freak out Ben right now.I am so glad that you are feeling better, Ellen. Did you get that special load of dust I sent down from the North?

So what have I missed since my last post?Considering we were down for quite a while....not much. You are good to go Sandy! :thumbsup:

So, yesterday Brian and his friend and my FinL and our neighbour got our fence built!! The doggies can now go out without a tether....

I have spent most of today organizing Harry's stuff for camp that I have been coordinating for the past 5 weeks. He goes off to a YMCA sleep over camp for a week tomorrow....and I will miss him horribly -- but it will be good for him...and he's very excited. Any words of advice Ken? I know you were involved with the Y camps once upon a time, weren't you?

marlyn
07-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Does anyone actually understand how an 11 yr old mind works? :

I am glad you are feeling better Ellen. As to how an 11 year old mind works? I have no clue! I think maybe the problem is that at that age, often their mind doesn't work. :confused:

I usually have one or two patients... I had 3 most of the night, as did most of the other nurses, and as I was the only "scrub nurse" on the floor (I used to be an OR nurse and can scrub to assist the surgeons in surgery), I also did 3 C-sections, one involving twins. It was nuts. :crazy: The chinese I ordered last night at 10pm is now sitting in my fridge here for dinner tonight.... :cool:

Blythe, glad your meeting with Principal went well. Sorry you were so busy at work. Maybe tonight will be quieter and you will get to eat your Chinese food! We have been insanely busy also...maybe it is a full moon?

I have spent most of today organizing Harry's stuff for camp that I have been coordinating for the past 5 weeks. He goes off to a YMCA sleep over camp for a week tomorrow....and I will miss him horribly -- but it will be good for him...and he's very excited.

Tell Harry that I hope he has a good time at camp!

My boys are having a party. I have ten 12 year olds running around in my yard. They are having a party as they are both leaving to visit their Dad for 2 weeks. Scott goes first and will be gone from the 15th until the 28th of July. Then Adam goes from the 28th to August 11th. The boys won't see one another for a whole month. Do you think they will miss one another?

Dsnygirl
07-07-2007, 10:20 PM
I have spent most of today organizing Harry's stuff for camp that I have been coordinating for the past 5 weeks. He goes off to a YMCA sleep over camp for a week tomorrow....and I will miss him horribly -- but it will be good for him...and he's very excited. Any words of advice Ken? I know you were involved with the Y camps once upon a time, weren't you?
Julia & Emma are off to YMCA camp on Monday, too - but it's a day camp, not a sleep over camp. They're beyond excited - two weeks of swimming and hiking and horses and.... (they can quote the whole list) ... I think it'll be great fun for them. :) I'm sure Harry will have a blast... and yes, you probably will miss him horribly... heck, I missed Julia yesterday, and she was only gone for a sleepover!! :( Sending a :hug: your way to get you through the first few days... he'll be home with great stories in no time!!

Blythe, glad your meeting with Principal went well. Sorry you were so busy at work. Maybe tonight will be quieter and you will get to eat your Chinese food! We have been insanely busy also...maybe it is a full moon?
It is definitely quieter tonight - because I'm not at work!! :yay: I did enjoy my Chinese for dinner... better late than never. :D I don't know what kind of moon it is, but it seems to be so much busier on our unit all the time lately. I don't know if it is more babies, or more high-risk pregnancies... but it's been crazy.
I'll bet your boys will miss each other -- no matter what they say. ;) But I'm sure it will also be good for them, and nice for you to have one-on-one time with each of them, too. They sound like great kids!!

Well, I hope everyone's having a nice Saturday night - I'm off to bed, to rest-up for our waterpark day tomorrow. Look out!! Hopefully, I'll come home in one piece... :dizzy:

pogo
07-07-2007, 10:28 PM
We'll send you a hello and a :hi: when we're driving by to Seabreeze tomorrow.
Seabreeze........... you're going to Seabreeze tomorrow and you didn't ask me ? :mad:

I hope you have a good time. :D

Hey, I offered to do that yesterday, but the craziness obliterated my post! Great minds must think alike, Cousin!

Yes they do, cousin ! :D

My boys are having a party. I have ten 12 year olds running around in my yard. They are having a party as they are both leaving to visit their Dad for 2 weeks. Scott goes first and will be gone from the 15th until the 28th of July. Then Adam goes from the 28th to August 11th. The boys won't see one another for a whole month. Do you think they will miss one another?
I bet they will. Why can't they go at the same time ? :confused:

Dsnygirl
07-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Seabreeze........... you're going to Seabreeze tomorrow and you didn't ask me ? :mad:
I hope you have a good time. :D

We'll be there 11-4 or 5... feel free to come and grab some tubes with us!! :D We'll be the family with the little girls running as fast as they can from one slide to the next... jumping up and down while they run... ;) This is our first time -- do you think they'll like it?? :)

pogo
07-07-2007, 10:44 PM
We'll be there 11-4 or 5... feel free to come and grab some tubes with us!! :D We'll be the family with the little girls running as fast as they can from one slide to the next... jumping up and down while they run... ;) This is our first time -- do you think they'll like it?? :)

They will love it. :thumbsup: We took our two grandaughters last year about this time and they loved riding "Bear Tracks". It's a kiddie sized roller coaster. In fact, their picture taken while riding is my avatar.

Do you think the next time you are coming into my back yard you can let me know a little sooner ? :confused:

Enjoy !:D

marlyn
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
I bet they will. Why can't they go at the same time ? :confused:

Their father is in the process of moving from Australia to Canada. The haven't seen much of him over last 4 years. Thought it might be nice for a change to have them go individually. That way both their dad and I get quality time with one of the boys at a time.

I rarely have one on one with my boys. Being a twin can be tough. You have mostly the same friends, classes, not to mention the same face. Since I am a single Mom it is always the 3 of us. I think it will be nice to be able to spend quality time with the boys individually, especially for their dad who really doesn't know his boys well at all. :(

Can you guess how much I will miss them though?

alpro2
07-08-2007, 07:59 AM
Ok, too much nicey-nice around this thread here lately. We need a dose of :thedolls: to liven things up a bit. White picket fences, pixie dust, chinese food...What has JQ come to?

So, who has an extra cookie? :D

pogo
07-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Can you guess how much I will miss them though? After meeting you and the boys this April........ I know you will miss them a lot.

Ok, too much nicey-nice around this thread here lately. We need a dose of :thedolls: to liven things up a bit. White picket fences, pixie dust, chinese food...What has JQ come to?

So, who has an extra cookie? :D
Oh boy...... just what we needed..... a dose of little al ! Why do we need to be nasty ? We all need a little :grouphug:. Don't you think ?

Dsnygirl
07-08-2007, 09:16 AM
They will love it. We took our two grandaughters last year about this time and they loved riding "Bear Tracks". It's a kiddie sized roller coaster. In fact, their picture taken while riding is my avatar.

Do you think the next time you are coming into my back yard you can let me know a little sooner ?

Enjoy!
Next time, you will definitely be in the know! :D

So, who has an extra cookie?
No cookies for you!! ;) What's got you so grumpy?? :sam:

Oh boy...... just what we needed..... a dose of little al ! Why do we need to be nasty ? We all need a little group hug, don't you think ?
Absolutely! :hug: and :pixie: all around!! We're off to :coaster: and :diver:... have a great day, everybody!!

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Have fun, Blythe! Can't wait to hear how it was.

Hi, Mikki! Glad you're back and that Wimbledon was fun.

Lynne, it's great that you're getting the one on one time with the boys, and that their dad is also. It's going to be a great month for them and the time away from you and the change in routine will do them a world of good as well.

Hey, Alex! You made me smile so here's a cannoli for you!

How is everyone else? I've got to do laundry today but need to find quarters first.

Christine
07-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi all!

Another slow Sunday afternoon here!

After church this morning, we went to check on the new house. This rain has pretty much brought things to a screaching halt! When oh when will I have walls???

Went out to lunch ( :sombrero:) , then John headed off to do some computer work (a side thing he does for extra :spend:) while I cleaned house. John's dad and his fiance (remember them from my trip report in March?) are coming in from Michigan tomorrow and staying for the week.

I think I'm going to be very hard-pressed trying to keep them as entertained here as I did in Disney!! :bored:

Blythe, have fun at the water park!

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 05:45 PM
We could always tell them jokes... or you could take them to Shreveport... or you could bake cookies with them (and feed them to us).

Sure has been slow around here today. Does this mean that everyone actually has lives??? (I worked all day. :geek: )

Christine
07-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Guess I better stick with the jokes and cookies, Ellen...DFIL has a bit of bad history with gambling problems! The Shreveport riverboat casinos would be calling out too loudly to him! :secret:

So get your gags and riddles ready! I'll bake some peanut butter kiss cookies! Oh my GOSH those sound good right now!!! Do they sound that good to you too??

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 07:47 PM
I've never heard of peanut butter kiss cookies but they do sound good! (We can always give them to Alex to see if he likes them ;) --are you old enough to remember Mikey?)

I made a cherry pie last night. Anyone want some?

What's for dinner?

alpro2
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Oh boy...... just what we needed..... a dose of little al ! Why do we need to be nasty ? We all need a little :grouphug:. Don't you think ?
Oh c'mon Pogo....:shake:

No cookies for you!! ;) What's got you so grumpy?? :sam:

Grumpy? Who's grumpy?

Hey, Alex! You made me smile so here's a cannoli for you!

Thank you Ellen. You're the best. :thumbsup:

I've never heard of peanut butter kiss cookies but they do sound good! (We can always give them to Alex to see if he likes them ;) --are you old enough to remember Mikey?)

Anything peanut butter is good in my book. Cherry pie, yes please!

Christine
07-08-2007, 09:41 PM

Peanut butter kiss cookies are fantastic! You make peanut butter cookies as usual, and right when they come out of the oven, you stick a hershey kiss in the middle, then sprinkle the whole thing with granulated sugar! Oh My Gosh they are good!!

And oh yes I remember Mikey...

"I'm not gonna try it, YOU try it"... :D

Dinner was yummy! John picked up sushi on the way home. Truly, I could have eaten about 5 California Rolls! One just doesn't cut it!:(

Well, I'm off (and I have to stop posting too! pa dump bump! :drum:) so I will see you all in the morning!

What should we have for breakfast??? I'm thinking tonga toast!!!

Beast_fanatic
07-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Hey! What's up?

We spent most of the day at my Dad's as one of my sisters that lives in Colorado was down for the weekend and she was there visiting as well.

marlyn
07-08-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi gang. I survived my boys party yesterday. I had ten 12 year olds here!!! Tomorrow we are heading out of town for a few days. Then Scott is off to his Dad's. Gonna be quiet at our house for next few weeks, What will I do?

After meeting you and the boys this April........ I know you will miss them a lot.

You are correct...I will!

Lynne, it's great that you're getting the one on one time with the boys, and that their dad is also. It's going to be a great month for them and the time away from you and the change in routine will do them a world of good as well.

I am going to miss them...but am really looking forward to the one on one time. We are planning a few outings!

Anything peanut butter is good in my book.

A man after my own heart....peanut butter is next to heaven on my books! YUM Too bad they didn't make peanut butter margaritas :marg:

drummerboy
07-08-2007, 10:52 PM
He goes off to a YMCA sleep over camp for a week tomorrow. Any words of advice Ken? I know you were involved with the Y camps once upon a time, weren't you?
From age 10 to age 22, camper to counselor. I'm glad he's excited. Just tell him to get into the activities and have a good time. Camp times were some of my best memories.

You have my attention.

So did anybody even miss me? The wedding was great. Saw some old calssmates I haven't seen in about 40 years (as the young'uns say "40 years! I haven't even been around that long). I told my old buddy I was very happy for him.

We're at the hotel right now, about half-way home. It's been fun but exhausting.

Good night.

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Too bad they didn't make peanut butter margaritas :marg:
Lynne, glad to see you survived the party! Ten 12 year olds... oh my!

As for PB margaritas... I think the ten 12 year olds might have done some damage!

We spent most of the day at my Dad's as one of my sisters that lives in Colorado was down for the weekend and she was there visiting as well.
Rhonda, how's your dad doing? Is he adjusting to his new place?

Peanut butter kiss cookies are fantastic! You make peanut butter cookies as usual, and right when they come out of the oven, you stick a hershey kiss in the middle, then sprinkle the whole thing with granulated sugar! Oh My Gosh they are good!!

What should we have for breakfast??? I'm thinking tonga toast!!!
Those cookies sound good! :tasty: No calories and they're sugar free, right? ;)

Tonga toast is too sweet for me... I'll take some pancakes though. Oh, and some Kona coffee.

So did anybody even miss me? The wedding was great. Saw some old calssmates I haven't seen in about 40 years (as the young'uns say "40 years! I haven't even been around that long). I told my old buddy I was very happy for him.

We're at the hotel right now, about half-way home. It's been fun but exhausting.
Yes, we missed you. Christine was even playing the drums for herself.

You're staying at a hotel? What... no RV this weekend? Shucks... we could have gone someplace had we known.

marlyn
07-09-2007, 02:57 AM
Lynne, glad to see you survived the party! Ten 12 year olds... oh my!

As for PB margaritas... I think the ten 12 year olds might have done some damage!

12 year olds can do a lot of damage...however, I survived quite well actually. It was a fun time. As for the peanut butter margaritas? Maybe peanut butter Coladas would be better?

Good night all. I am heading out of town tomorrow morning. Have a great week!

Dsnygirl
07-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Hi everybody! :hi: Hope everyone's having a good start to their week... I've been up since 6:30, getting my girls off to camp... yawn! (I know - most of you early birds are up earlier than that, but it is NOT my kind of start to the day.... but, I'm seeing that that will have to change.... ugh. :()

We had a great day at the water park yesterday -- almost didn't make it into the park, though, as it was raining & thundering when we got there. Not in the forecast at all!! But -- we ate lunch in the car, the storm blew by, and the rest of the day was a lot of fun. Stayed later than we'd planned b/c of the late start, though, so it was a late night for everyone. (Another reason I loved getting up this morning... :alarm:)

Well, my girls are safely on their way to camp right now, and they are SO excited... can't wait to hear all their stories this afternoon. As for me -- I'm off to the gym and then I'm having lunch out w/ some friends... gotta love having some days to yourself during the summer!! :D

How was everyone's weekend?? Glad to hear the wedding was fun, Ken -- hope you made it home safe. Any cherry pie left?? I'd love a piece, if Alex left any... ;) Lynne - have a great time - where are you going?? And Christine, I LOVE peanut butter kiss cookies... could you send a few up this way?? They'd go great with my coffee... not so great with a trip to the gym, though -- but hey, you gotta live, right?? :)

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2007, 08:49 AM
Mornin' folks! :hi: I hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

Nat -- I hope DS enjoyed his birthday...and Lynne -- I think you're nuts -- 10 12 year olds? I bet they had fun, eh?

Ellen -- I would love a slice of Cherry Pie if Big Al hasn't eaten it all..... It's the ONLY pie I enjoy..... I don't make pie, but my sister makes a mean Pecan Pie (or so I've heard, because of course, I am allergic to the Pecans) She seems to have inherited the crust making portion of my Grandma's baking ability.

We successfully dropped a nervous Harry off at his camp yesterday, and arrived back home to a dinner invitation from my parents. They took us out to a fantastic Austrian restaurant near their home -- It was a nice pick me up -- Poor Euan keeps asking "Where Harry Mom? I want to see Harry. We go to Harry's Camp now?" I tell you -- they are best friends and mortal enemies. This week will be good for both of them!

What's on for today?

offwego
07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
And the last thing I want to do is freak out Ben right now(but don't tell Nat I said so :secret: She's say that I was corrupting a minor). Does anyone actually understand how an 11 yr old mind works? Pogo, can you help me out here? It's sweet your thinking of Ben..but please make sure you watch your own health carefully ok? And no corrupting shoe choices....and since I have to now focus on 12 year olds I'm not much help...a whole year with an 11 year old and didn't learn a thing.

Have I missed much? Wimbledon was 'ace' which is more than I can say for the journey home but at least I got there with no problems. :)

:pixie: for anyone who needs it! Did you have fun? My FIL & MIL were down and avidly watched the last mens match.

I believe I caught that wave... my dog decided at about that time to bark his lovely little (or not so little - he's a black lab) head off at the mailman, and I was unfortunately awake... - on 7/7/07 was very popular, and we were SO busy!! I usually have one or two patients: 07/07 is a great birthday!! And I love your taste in dogs...what's your lab's name?

I just told Olivia you liked her crocs and she said "I know...they're fashion!" So take that, Nat! :fresh: :D

Now who ordered these 150 rice crispie treats and other mickey kind of food? :mickey:
Hope you all are having a Disney kind of day.
At least the rains haven't been to bad today and over the last few days. So what have I missed since my last post? Not to much, but I'm sure Alex missed you the most Sandy....hope your dealing with the crowds ok!

Their father is in the process of moving from Australia to Canada. The haven't seen much of him over last 4 years. Thought it might be nice for a change to have them go individually. That way both their dad and I get quality time with one of the boys at a time.
What a way for you to make some lemonade from Lemons Lynne...no wonder your boys are so nice.

So, who has an extra cookie? :D At least there was some food Alex..

What's for dinner? I love Cherry Pie...but rarely make it since the pitting takes so long.

Nat -- I hope DS enjoyed his birthday...and Lynne -- I think you're nuts -- 10 12 year olds? I bet they had fun, eh?

Ellen -- I would love a slice of Cherry Pie if Big Al hasn't eaten it all..... It's the ONLY pie I enjoy..... I don't make pie, but my sister makes a mean Pecan Pie (or so I've heard, because of course, I am allergic to the Pecans) She seems to have inherited the crust making portion of my Grandma's baking ability. Jenn William had a great time..he liked spending time with his grandparents. And we found one of his fave movies (Armegeddon) on late at night for just us. Hard to handle him being so big though. I've got maybe two inches left on him. Need to go buy some higher heels my friends.

Hope everyone is having a good monday!

pogo
07-09-2007, 11:23 AM
:hi: Everyone !

I've have just a minute to drop in and see how everyone is.

Blythe.... I hope you didn't get too wet at Seabreeze yesterday. :doh: I mean from the rain that came through about the time you said you were going.

Ellen.... the cherry pie sounds wonderfull. Can I have Ken's piece ? :D

Cousin... I hope Euan will understand why Harry's not there to bug him.

Christine and Rhonda.... are you drying out yet ? :blush:

Alex...... are you behaving ?

Hi Nat....... those shoes look good on you. Are they new ?

Hang in there Lynne. :thumbsup:

Gotta run...... bye everyone. :sadwave:

Mickey'sGirl
07-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Any pie left? My bananaphone isn't cutting it.

Christine
07-09-2007, 04:17 PM
My goodness! Am I going to have to call CPS on all these abusive parents sending their kids off to camp!! ;)

It's only rained once today, so I thought things were looking up! BUT...then I saw this:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/75605?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Oh well...better than a heat wave I reckon!

John's Dad and Bonnie haven't made it in yet. Olivia is chomping at the bit for them to arrive. She is probably going to wear them out! She wants them to go to Chuck E. Cheese, putt putt, see Evan Almighty, go to the zoo, and possibly squeeze a Dallas shopping trip in too!

Poor Pop and Grandma Bonnie...

Here's a question. How do you make a link say a word instead of the computer jibberish url stuff??

(Like, how could I have made the link above say Look Here)

drummerboy
07-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Hooooooooome. Yaaaay!

Drive up Thursday and Friday. Family party Friday night until 2 am. Wedding Saturday and visit with old friends until after midnight. Drive back home Sunday and Monday. I'm exhausted. On top of that, DW called and wants me at rehearsal tonight. :dizzy::faint:

Gotta get back to work to rest.

Any cherry pie left?

alpro2
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
I love Cherry Pie...but rarely make it since the pitting takes so long.

You're supposed to take the pits out? :confused:

offwego
07-09-2007, 05:04 PM
My goodness! Am I going to have to call CPS on all these abusive parents sending their kids off to camp!! ;)John's Dad and Bonnie haven't made it in yet. Olivia is chomping at the bit for them to arrive. She is probably going to wear them out! She wants them to go to Chuck E. Cheese, putt putt, see Evan Almighty, go to the zoo, and possibly squeeze a Dallas shopping trip in too!

( no camping here. What is putt putt? is that mini putt or go carts?

Hooooooooome. Yaaaay!Gotta get back to work to rest.

Any cherry pie left? You came back just for pie?

offwego
07-09-2007, 05:07 PM
You're supposed to take the pits out? :confused:

Actually...some receipes for a cherry dessert called calfoutii (kind of a cake/pie/custard cross) call for them to be left in. Wouldn't that be weird to eat?

It's supposed to add a vague almond flavour.

ElenitaB
07-09-2007, 08:56 PM
All I can say is that I never realized the power of cherry pie! It's my personal favorite since I was a kid. Didn't realize that you all were fans as well (good thing to keep in mind for when it's time to find the way into a man's heart). Since I made my favorite, Ben was lobbying me for his favorite... anyone want some pumpkin pie?

Here's a question. How do you make a link say a word instead of the computer jibberish url stuff??
Did you know that I used to write software manuals for the classes I used to teach? Any way, here goes:

Type whatever text you want to be the link (as in "look here")
Highlight "look here" with your mouse.
Click on the earth with chain icon
A window will open up that has a space for a URL (it will actually have "http://" already in it)
Erase that "http://" and replace it with the URL of your target destination
Click "Okay" and you're done! :D

That said... that weather forecast is serious stuff. You might want to bring a notebook to see Evan Almighty and take notes on ark building!

Hope everyone had a great day... dinner is in the oven now and I'm planning on making it a late night finishing up one of my projects.

I'll have the coffee ready in the morning (and tomorrow I'll even remember to put in the coffee filter :blush: ).

Dsnygirl
07-09-2007, 09:00 PM
And I love your taste in dogs...what's your lab's name?

Thanks! His name is Bailey, named after one of the islands we visit in Maine every summer.
We took him there last year -- boy, did he LOVE it!!

It's only rained once today, so I thought things were looking up! BUT...then I saw this:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/75605?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared

Oh well...better than a heat wave I reckon!

That's quite the forecast... are you sure you live in Texas??? :confused:

Have fun w/ the grandparents -- sounds like Olivia will keep them very busy!! :)

As far as the url stuff... here's what I was told when I posted the same Q on the Infor. Kiosk board...

"Type the specific word you want to highlight. Then left click your mouse and highlight the word. Once you do that, go to the gray area just above the box you are posting in and click on the glove w/ the paperclip. It should bring up a box for you to put the URL you ar linking to in. If you are copying & pasting the URL, be sure that you take out the http:// that comes up when the box is initially opened. (You already have that info when you copy the web address.)"

I'll try it myself, just to see if it makes sense - I haven't actually done it since I asked - so here is a link to my homepage. [link removed]

Hopefully, that works!!

Hooooooooome. Yaaaay!

Welcome back!! Sounds like you're pretty busy... did you find any cherry pie???

Dsnygirl
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
:blush: Ooops... I took too long, and Ellen beat me to the URL stuff. Oh well - hers seems more concise, anyway, and sounds pretty similar. Good luck, Christine!! :thumbsup:

Hope everyone's having a good night -- I'm exhausted from my trek to the gym this morning, and wishing I hadn't picked up extra time at work tonight. :( Think I'll have to make a coffee stop on my way in...

What's everyone up to tomorrow??

pjbs35a
07-09-2007, 10:31 PM
We've all been in Shreveport having root:beer: floats. Where were you?

I was across the river in Bossier City. Who knew the traffic would be so bad ???

Is it the rainly season in your neck of the woods ??? Animals are starting to gather in groups of two. My neighbor is building a huge boat.

Beast_fanatic
07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Rhonda, how's your dad doing? Is he adjusting to his new place?

He still hasn't gotten involved in anything yet. His memory is definitely not getting any better. But, overall, he's adapting fairly well. Thanks for asking!

Christine and Rhonda.... are you drying out yet ?

Well, we also have a chance of showers in our forecast everyday, but they are more of the afternoon heat of the day type showers (like you'd get at WDW) and they're usually quite scattered. My hubby got rained on today a few miles south of where I work, but it never rained a drop where I was. :shrug:

OK, so the pool party is scheduled for this Saturday, and our menu is still a bit undecided. We're likely having chopped beef BBQ, but I'd like to have some chicken as an alternative choice. Do you think we should get some from Popeye's or should hubby grill some?

Dsnygirl
07-10-2007, 12:52 AM
OK, so the pool party is scheduled for this Saturday, and our menu is still a bit undecided. We're likely having chopped beef BBQ, but I'd like to have some chicken as an alternative choice. Do you think we should get some from Popeye's or should hubby grill some?
I don't know what Popeye's is, but we LOVE to grill chicken that's been marinated overnight in spiedie sauce - do you guys have that down there?? It's a combination of vinegar and spices that is hard to resist. State Fair kind of food. Yummm....

Can we still come?? I've got my towel and flippers all ready... :diver:

Christine
07-10-2007, 01:57 AM
What is putt putt? is that mini putt or go carts?

Yep, putt-putt is miniature golf. I am so glad they don't have go carts...after getting whiplash at the Indy Speedway with Olivia behind the wheel...YIKES!

Hey, speaking of Canada (sorry Nat, I needed some kind of segway into this story) did anyone see the most rediculous celebrity quotes show on VH1 this weekend? Brittany Spears was quoted once as saying, "I love going on tour. I've gotten to go to neat places overseas...like Canada!" I laughed my fool head off! :funny:

I was across the river in Bossier City. Who knew the traffic would be so bad ???

OH MY GOSH! We were on that stupid red bridge for 45 minutes after the fireworks were over! My fear of heights was beyond taxed! I was losing it BIG time!

Thanks for the computer lessons Ellen and Blythe! I copied it and saved it in Word so I can refer back to it if I have to post a link again!

John's Dad and Bonnie got in town alright this afternoon. Olivia was DELIRIOUS! She was so hyper and it seemed so strange to John and me, b/c usually she is such a quiet calm little girl! She went into "show out mode" or something!

Rhonda, I personally would cop out and do Popeye's chicken. It's really very good and would save so much time and trouble (and you'd probably come out cheaper, too!)

Ken, I tried to read your posts, but they were flying by so fast all I saw was dust! ;)

Well, I'm off to bed! I have to go see the gutter mouse tomorrow! That's what we call Chuck E. Cheese! Man, that mouse is such a rip off! Do you know that when we went a while back, they have actually started greeting you at the door by saying, "Have a Magical Time!" What the ????

Dsnygirl
07-10-2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the computer lessons Ellen and Blythe! I copied it and saved it in Word so I can refer back to it if I have to post a link again!
Well, I'm off to bed! I have to go see the gutter mouse tomorrow! That's what we call Chuck E. Cheese! Man, that mouse is such a rip off! Do you know that when we went a while back, they have actually started greeting you at the door by saying, "Have a Magical Time!" What the ????
Christine, that's the same thing I did - and I'd printed it out so I could use it when I needed it, so it was right there for me to copy for you! I'm so computer illiterate at times... but I can search and find just about anything! :blush:

It's funny what you said about Chuck E Cheese... my girls love it there, and it's probably b/c we never take them, so they only get to go if it's a b'day party, or we're desperate on a rainy, stormy day!! My poor little Emma - the other day, Julia suggested going if it rained and Emma piped right up and said, "No, Julia - remember, mommy and daddy aren't really Chuck E Cheese kind-of people." :laughing: I guess they get the picture... but the chaos, etc. there just really gets to us, and we'd rather go to a park, or a movie, or just about anywhere, really... ;)

By the way -- what are you doing up so late?? Although, it's really only what, midnight where you are? Or is it 11:00??

Have a good night.... anybody else up and around out there??

alpro2
07-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Actually...some receipes for a cherry dessert called calfoutii (kind of a cake/pie/custard cross) call for them to be left in. Wouldn't that be weird to eat?

Not when you don't chew your food. :blush:

Another hot one on tap for today. Who's making the ice coffee?

drummerboy
07-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Funny people should be mentioning Noah, because the second act of Children of Eden centers on Noah and the flood. I'll tell DD to save the ark for those who need it.

And speaking of weather--Most of the way home Sun. and Mon. the thermometer on my dash was reading high 90s, and even 101 around Baltimore, but once we got near home in NC, it went down to mid-80s. Of course, the humidity was in the high 90s.

What's for breakfast? I don't think we've got anything in the house.

Mickey'sGirl
07-10-2007, 08:35 AM
I guess they get the picture... but the chaos, etc. there just really gets to us, and we'd rather go to a park, or a movie, or just about anywhere, really... ;)We took 15 children there for Harry's 8th Birthday. I thought I had lost my mind (maybe I had and therefore invited 15 children.... :crazy: ) We don't go very often (birthday's for the most part) -- but we drive by one often and Euan always asks "We go there now? It's my birthday?" to which we both EMPHATICALLY reply NO!!

Another hot one on tap for today. Who's making the ice coffee?With a little bit of mint in it? I'll take one please (no whipped cream or anything though if you don't mind....)

And speaking of weather--Most of the way home Sun. and Mon. the thermometer on my dash was reading high 90s, and even 101 around Baltimore, but once we got near home in NC, it went down to mid-80s. Of course, the humidity was in the high 90s.
Would that be the high 30's to return home to the high 20's? Yesterday was high 30's here with humidex in the low 40's -- a real scorcher for sure...and the same is on the books for today. We're having crazy thunderstorms and the whole shebang.... What do the kids do at camp when there is crazy weather about?

offwego
07-10-2007, 08:50 AM
All I can say is that I never realized the power of cherry pie! It's my personal favorite since I was a kid. Didn't realize that you all were fans as well (good thing to keep in mind for when it's time to find the way into a man's heartI'll have the coffee ready in the morning (and tomorrow I'll even remember to put in the coffee filter :blush: ). Blueberry seems to work well too..just in case. Pumpkin is either good or not doesn't seem to have a middle ground.

Thanks! His name is Bailey, named after one of the islands we visit in Maine every summer.
We took him there last year -- boy, did he LOVE it!!
my black lab is named Disney...and yes they love the water don't they?

:( Think I'll have to make a coffee stop on my way in...

What's everyone up to tomorrow??
Hopefully a venti dark roast one cream and one raw sugar?

He still hasn't gotten involved in anything yet. His memory is definitely not getting any better. But, overall, he's adapting fairly well. Thanks for asking!
OK, so the pool party is scheduled for this Saturday, and our menu is still a bit undecided. We're likely having chopped beef BBQ, but I'd like to have some chicken as an alternative choice. Do you think we should get some from Popeye's or should hubby grill some? Glad to hear your dad is doing ok. What about a cold chicken dish? Like a chicken pasta salad or something?

Not when you don't chew your food. :blush:

Another hot one on tap for today. Who's making the ice coffee? That's taking fibre way to seriously my friend.

Funny people should be mentioning Noah, because the second act of Children of Eden centers on Noah and the flood. I'll tell DD to save the ark for those who need it.
What's for breakfast? I don't think we've got anything in the house. You eat breakfast? I only do at WDW...perhaps we could all meet there?

ElenitaB
07-10-2007, 09:23 AM
As a non-grill owner (I live in an apartment with no place to grill :( ), I vote for the grilled chicken... though I do like Nat's idea for chicken pasta salad. Maybe you could use whole wheat pasta to make it a bit healthier?

I don't know what Popeye's is, but we LOVE to grill chicken that's been marinated overnight in spiedie sauce - do you guys have that down there?? It's a combination of vinegar and spices that is hard to resist. State Fair kind of food. Yummm....

I've heard of Spidey-sense but never spiedie sauce. ;)

We took 15 children there for Harry's 8th Birthday. I thought I had lost my mind (maybe I had and therefore invited 15 children.... :crazy: ) We don't go very often (birthday's for the most part) -- but we drive by one often and Euan always asks "We go there now? It's my birthday?" to which we both EMPHATICALLY reply NO!!
OMG... you guys have hit one of my buttons! I despise Chuck E. Cheese... seriously. I took Ben there when he was really young and had an older kid JUMP on his head in a ball pit (it was the toddler ball pit and the jumper was at least 6... parents no where in sight). And later that year Ben picked up Coxsackie disease from yet another of those lovely ball pits. And then there was the year that I had Ben's birthday party there... if you ever want to test your patience and mental health, try entertaining seven kids and their parents at Chuck E. Cheese while trying to keep an eye on your own overstimulated child. :eek: And that doesn't even factor in the quality of the food. :ack:

What do the kids do at camp when there is crazy weather about?
Besides drive their counselors crazy? At the camp Ben used to go to, they'd take them bowling or to the movies... or they'd have marathon board game sessions, or they'd have story telling marathons, or they'd stage indoor games. Plus I think they tend to have a huge stock of arts & crafts supplies precisely for rainy days.

You eat breakfast? I only do at WDW...perhaps we could all meet there?
Quick... who has the magic wand? How about we all go over to Boma's this morning?

See you all around lunchtime! Have a good morning!

drummerboy
07-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Besides drive their counselors crazy? At the camp Ben used to go to, they'd take them bowling or to the movies... or they'd have marathon board game sessions, or they'd have story telling marathons, or they'd stage indoor games. Plus I think they tend to have a huge stock of arts & crafts supplies precisely for rainy days.
Our camp had two-week sessions. I can recall one summer while I was a counselor when it rained every day during one session. We finally wound up playing softball in the rain one day. As long as there was no lightning, swimming was fine too. I think the crafts building stayed busy as well. I think every comic book in camp got read and re-read.

Did anybody get the license number of the truck that ran me over? Why does just sitting in a car for five or six hours wear one out so?

Christine
07-10-2007, 11:04 AM
By the way -- what are you doing up so late?? Although, it's really only what, midnight where you are? Or is it 11:00??

Actually when I posted last night, it was almost 1:00 am. We stayed up late playing cards with the in-laws. Then I had a tickling cough that just wouldn't let me sleep! So I definitely need a Starbuck's trip today! :coffee:

Okay Nat, if you're gonna twist my arm... :bolt:

Quick... who has the magic wand? How about we all go over to Boma's this morning?

:pout: no one has the magic wand anymore...they started taking it down Monday.
Now what can we use to get us to Boma's?? Oooo, I know! We could put on the magic sorcerer's hat from MGM! :smickey: :thedolls:
Do they have bread pudding there? If not, can we also stop by 1900 Park Fare??

I can recall one summer while I was a counselor...

See, I always had you pictured as this wonderfully loveable husband, father, grandfather, and friend. Now that I learn of your extensive camping (not to mention COUNSELOR...the ringleader of the torture) history, I have more of a Grizzly Adams meets Hitler kind of impression! :D Just please tell me that when we all meet in October you won't smell of OFF or have a bandana anywhere on your person!!! I may have some bad flashbacks!!! :D :scared:

drummerboy
07-10-2007, 11:47 AM
See, I always had you pictured as this wonderfully loveable husband, father, grandfather, and friend. Now that I learn of your extensive camping (not to mention COUNSELOR...the ringleader of the torture) history, I have more of a Grizzly Adams meets Hitler kind of impression! :D Just please tell me that when we all meet in October you won't smell of OFF or have a bandana anywhere on your person!!! I may have some bad flashbacks!!! :D :scared:
Hmmm. Thanks for the ideas. :thedolls::thedolls: Interesting vision you now have. How about if I smell like Cutter's and wear a scrunchy hat? With a whistle of course. Which brings up another interesting detail--I still have my Acme Thunderer whistle I used when I was a counselor.

Mickey'sGirl
07-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Did anybody get the license number of the truck that ran me over? Why does just sitting in a car for five or six hours wear one out so?
My arms always ache the most after a drive ... It was 5 hours roundtrip to take Harry to camp on Sunday, and I can't even whine enough to tell you how much my poor arms ached at the end of it!!! Maybe it's because we are used to being such movers and shakers....that being sedinatary for so long puts our poor bodies into shock???

Christine
07-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Hmmm. Thanks for the ideas. :thedolls::thedolls: Interesting vision you now have. How about if I smell like Cutter's and wear a scrunchy hat? With a whistle of course. Which brings up another interesting detail--I still have my Acme Thunderer whistle I used when I was a counselor.

I can see it now... :rolleyes: You're a hoot! Well, be forewarned, I may have a knee-jerk reaction if I am confronted with campers or camping paraphernalia! After the things I've been through, the things I've done, the things I've seen... who could blame me??? :shrug: ;)

You know what I need? I need a Wii! Do you think Santa will bring me one for Christmas? I've been really good this year!!!

offwego
07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
As a non-grill owner (I live in an apartment with no place to grill :( ), I vote for the grilled chicken... though I do like Nat's idea for chicken pasta salad. Maybe you could use whole wheat pasta to make it a bit healthier?Quick... who has the magic wand? How about we all go over to Boma's this morning?

See you all around lunchtime! Have a good morning! Lunch what happened with breakie? And I love whole wheat.

Is there a truck? I thought it was a whole train.

Maybe it's because we are used to being such movers and shakers....that being sedinatary for so long puts our poor bodies into shock???
Please I was at a political lunch...no more shaking.

ElenitaB
07-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Just zooping in to say hi!

I had sushi for lunch and then made the mistake of reading the dining threads. Now I want a Dole Whip really badly... Ken, can we borrow the RV? Pretty please?

pogo
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi everyone....... boy it was hot on the golf course today. Would you believe me if I said I shot and 85 today ? I couldn't believe it my self. Only 13 over par ! :golf: The bad part..... I really smoked my client ! The good part........ I shot an 85 !

What's everybody up to ? I'll be zooping in and out all evening so please bring me up to speed. It's in the 90's and the pool is calling me ! :swim: Gotta go..... bye. :D

offwego
07-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone....... boy it was hot on the golf course today. Would you believe me if I said I shot and 85 today ? I couldn't believe it my self. Only 13 over par ! :golf: The bad part..... I really smoked my client ! The good part........ I shot an 85 !

What's everybody up to ? I'll be zooping in and out all evening so please bring me up to speed. It's in the 90's and the pool is calling me ! :swim: Gotta go..... bye. :D

See theres the difference I never ever smoke my clients. Are you sure 85 was the score and not the weather?

pogo
07-10-2007, 10:18 PM
See theres the difference I never ever smoke my clients. Are you sure 85 was the score and not the weather?
Wow Nat......... I'd expect something like that from Alex or Christine....... but not you !

Don't you like me ? :pout::(

Oh, by the way...... My client left me a voice mail and asked for a rematch tomorrow morning and he said we had a done deal to go with it. Do you think I ought to let him win now ? :D

drummerboy
07-10-2007, 10:18 PM
I shot an 85 once. Then I got to the back nine.

You know, I can't think of a thing to say. Can somebody spot me a question?

Beast_fanatic
07-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Well, right now a pasta salad isn't a viable option because there's a hole in the countertop where my cooktop should be so cooking the pasta might be a challenge. But, that's supposed to be remedied by Saturday.

And, I was really thinking of chicken for the 9 or 10 kids that will be attending. I'm not sure they'd be too keen on chicken pasta salad.

For whoever it was that didn't know, Popeye's has fried chicken (they offer mild and spicy). It's quite tasty.

Anyone have a no rain dance for us? We're still having those pesky showers off and on. :rain:

Dsnygirl
07-11-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey everybody - I'm finally checking in... our computer was out for repair this afternoon -- I didn't know what to do with myself when I got up!! :blush:
Now I'm at work... not as bad as last night, which was ridiculous -- again! :thedolls: Anybody have any coffee & biscotti to send my way?? :D

my black lab is named Disney...and yes they love the water don't they?
What a great name!! I'll have to remember that... Bailey LOVES the water -- being out in the ocean was only his second time being out somewhere where he could swim freely, and we had to hide the tennis balls to get any peace. Once, though, my DH threw & threw to him until he finally just stared out at the ball, and then looked up at Dan like, "You go get it... I'm done." :)

I've heard of Spidey-sense but never spiedie sauce.
:laughing:

How about if I smell like Cutter's and wear a scrunchy hat? With a whistle of course. Which brings up another interesting detail--I still have my Acme Thunderer whistle I used when I was a counselor.
You'd fit right in at the Adventurer's Club - you going to meet us there on Thursday??

Nascfan
07-11-2007, 06:56 AM
Zooping in this morning before leaving for work.

Great job on the 85 Pogo! Are you ready for the pro tour now?

Hope everyone's week is going well. Have a great day all!

pogo
07-11-2007, 07:11 AM
Good morning. What's in store for today ?

Can somebody spot me a question? Sure, you can have one of mine buddy. Now..... where did I put it ?

Anyone have a no rain dance for us? We're still having those pesky showers off and on. :rain: I'll do it for you..... but could you send the rain this way ? We need it. :D

Anybody have any coffee & biscotti to send my way?? :D

Sure.... what's a biscotti.... just a fancy name for a cookie ? :confused:

Great job on the 85 Pogo! Are you ready for the pro tour now?

I'm not ready yet. How about the Senior Tour ? :D

Have a great day everyone...... I've got to get back to work. Meeeting my client for a 9:00 AM T-time. :D

alpro2
07-11-2007, 07:41 AM
OK....let's all go in October.

My arms always ache the most after a drive ...
Why, do you run on your hands? (LOL!!!:D)

See theres the difference I never ever smoke my clients.
You smoke your clients? :confused: Talk about those "funny" cigarettes.

Originally Posted by offwego
Are you sure 85 was the score and not the weather?

atta-girl Nat! ;)

Sure.... what's a biscotti.... just a fancy name for a cookie ? :confused:

You don't know what biscotti is? How far north in NY state do you live? ;)

ElenitaB
07-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I'll take some biscotti if anyone has some (or do I have to go over to Bensonhurst to buy some for us? I could use some fresh lobster ravioli :tasty: )... does anyone have some high-octane coffee to go with that? These 12 hours days are beginning to wear me out. I look like this smiley right now :coffee: complete with the bleary eyes and the industrial-sized coffee mug (except that mine is yellow and white). I need another few mugs of coffee though... I'm so tired.

Anyway, I'm late for work... luckily my commute is non-existent. Hopefully today meetings and those pesky co-workers won't get in the way of my work. ;) I'll zoop by around lunchtime with the biscotti.

offwego
07-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow Nat......... I'd expect something like that from Alex or Christine....... but not you ! Do you think I ought to let him win now ? :D I like you..I just don't much care for golf.

And, I was really thinking of chicken for the 9 or 10 kids that will be attending. I'm not sure they'd be too keen on chicken pasta salad. : Sorry I didn't realize it was for kids. Your likely right!

Anyway, I'm late for work... luckily my commute is non-existent. Hopefully today meetings and those pesky co-workers won't get in the way of my work. ;) I'll zoop by around lunchtime with the biscotti. We will be waiting for you. Or at least Alex will. Where did we put the coffee?

And has anyone seen either Deb or Di? Frankie and Sandy often go missing but are we supposed to be renovating anywhere and I missed it?

Nascfan
07-11-2007, 01:08 PM
And has anyone seen either Deb or Di? Frankie and Sandy often go missing but are we supposed to be renovating anywhere and I missed it?

Deb and Di had a death in the family (a cousin) and they're on the way to the funeral today. I don't think they'd mind if I shared that info, do you? Anyway, keep them in your thoughts and prayers please.

drummerboy
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the info Scott.

Christine, did you want me to save you my old backpacking tent? It's the one DW and I used on our first trip to FW in '76, so it might be considered an antique by now. Just thinking you might want to use it sometime. :thedolls:

offwego
07-11-2007, 01:42 PM
Deb and Di had a death in the family (a cousin) and they're on the way to the funeral today. I don't think they'd mind if I shared that info, do you? Anyway, keep them in your thoughts and prayers please.
Oh that's too bad Scott. If you speak with them please let them know we will be thinking of them.

Christine, did you want me to save you my old backpacking tent? It's the one DW and I used on our first trip to FW in '76, so it might be considered an antique by now. Just thinking you might want to use it sometime. :thedolls: Doesn't it have to be 50?

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2007, 03:54 PM
:hi: guys! I'm finally checking in after a day of running around.... All morning long, then my parents came for lunch and to watch Euey while I went to an appointment ... I just got home and I'm pooped :whew: !

I am so sorry to hear about Di and Deb's cousin...I will be thinking about them.

Hey Christine -- one of our stops was at the bookstore this morning ( :heart: ) ... Euan chose 3 Ratatouille books.... One seek and find and a "Little Golden Book" of the story, and a little book about the "brothers" (I guess he is missing his, eh?) . Would you like to borrow them? :thedolls:

Alex -- The ONLY time I attempted to "run" on my hands, I broke my left collarbone (for the second time :blush: ) -- Maybe I should have taken that as a sign?

I'll take some biscotti and coffee if you still have some. No nuts please -- I don't need any issues..... :mickey:

offwego
07-11-2007, 04:27 PM
:I'll take some biscotti and coffee if you still have some. No nuts please -- I don't need any issues..... :mickey:

When truly do any of us ever need extra nuts? Don't we all seem to have enough of them?

Mickey'sGirl
07-11-2007, 04:31 PM
When truly do any of us ever need extra nuts? Don't we all seem to have enough of them?This JQ thread sure does!! :D Do you think anyone will take offense to that statement?

alpro2
07-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by offwego
When truly do any of us ever need extra nuts? Don't we all seem to have enough of them?

This JQ thread sure does!! :D Do you think anyone will take offense to that statement?
Awe shucks, you are making me blush. :blush: Thanks for the compliment.

Do you think Pogo shot another 85?

pogo
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
Hi Cousin..... Hi Nat.........

Where are all the trouble makers today ?

Hi Rhonda..... thanks for sending the rain.. it came on the tenth hole. But we needed it.

Awe shucks, you are making me blush. :blush: Thanks for the compliment.

Do you think Pogo shot another 85?

Nope..... I came back to earth today with a 92.

Think you can beat me ? :D

Christine
07-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Hey Christine -- one of our stops was at the bookstore this morning ( :heart: ) ... Euan chose 3 Ratatouille books.... One seek and find and a "Little Golden Book" of the story, and a little book about the "brothers" (I guess he is missing his, eh?) . Would you like to borrow them? :thedolls:

Thanks, Jenn, that would be great! We are going to grill this weekend and I could use them to get the charcoal started!

Christine, did you want me to save you my old backpacking tent? It's the one DW and I used on our first trip to FW in '76, so it might be considered an antique by now. Just thinking you might want to use it sometime. :thedolls:

See above!

Any more smart-alex out there?

pjbs35a
07-11-2007, 09:42 PM

You called ???

pogo
07-11-2007, 09:43 PM
:hi:...... Do I qualify ? :D

disneydeb
07-11-2007, 10:08 PM
:joy: I'm back after about a week of inactivity on the boards!!
The reading conference was great, but now I've got to get my priorities straight and get caught up on what has gone on here since I've been out of touch!
Someone please give me the Reader's Digest version, OK?:D

pogo
07-11-2007, 10:20 PM
:joy: I'm back after about a week of inactivity on the boards!!
The reading conference was great, but now I've got to get my priorities straight and get caught up on what has gone on here since I've been out of touch!
Someone please give me the Reader's Digest version, OK?:D
I'm glad you're back..... it's been so quiet here without you. :secret:

Have you paid up you're subscription for the Readers Digest version yet ? :D

disneydeb
07-11-2007, 10:39 PM
I'm glad you're back..... it's been so quiet here without you. :secret:

Have you paid up you're subscription for the Readers Digest version yet ? :D

That is so funny, I just got a call to renew my subscription for some magazines before I logged on! How did you know?:confused:

pogo
07-11-2007, 10:57 PM
That is so funny, I just got a call to renew my subscription for some magazines before I logged on! How did you know?:confused:
Don't let this go toy your head..... but I really missed your quick witt ! ;)

Do you think you can follow ?

Well...... Lynne's boys are going to visit their father, one at a time.

Jenn's number one son, Harry has gone to camp.

Alex ........... well........ Alex has been stirring the pot as he always does. Even took some shots at me.

Still raining in Texas. Sent Christine and Rhonda a :boat:

Ken spent a lot of time driving and he got tired. Don't tell anyone but he is getting :old:

Ellen is working long hours.

Scott has dropped in and said "Hi".

Nat said she like's me. :funny:

And I have been playing a lot of golf and doing pretty good.

OK........ what did I forget, fellow JQ'ers ? :D

ElenitaB
07-11-2007, 11:09 PM
Yes... Di and Deb - the original Bobsey Babes - are MIA!

Blythe's girls are also at day camp, no?

Rhonda is without a stove and is wondering what to serve at her BBQ this weekend... to which we are all invited. :D

Mikki made it to Wimbledon and back, and had fun there.

And Space Bobsled Babe is also working long hours and bringing us :bar:

And can you believe that Pogo claims he doesn't know what a biscotti is?

Who's seeing Harry Potter this week?

pogo
07-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes... Di and Deb - the original Bobsey Babes - are MIA!

Blythe's girls are also at day camp, no?

Rhonda is without a stove and is wondering what to serve at her BBQ this weekend... to which we are all invited. :D

Mikki made it to Wimbledon and back, and had fun there.

And Space Bobsled Babe is also working long hours and bringing us :bar:

And can you believe that Pogo claims he doesn't know what a biscotti is?

Thanks for filling in the blanks for me. What's a biscotti ? :confused:

Good night ladies...... I've got a busy day tomorrow and need some sleep. :D

Dsnygirl
07-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Sure.... what's a biscotti.... just a fancy name for a cookie?

You don't know what biscotti is?? :jaw: :eyes: Okay -- you make the margaritas, and I'll bake you some biscotti... I have a feeling you'd like it. :D

I'll take some biscotti if anyone has some (or do I have to go over to Bensonhurst to buy some for us? I could use some fresh lobster ravioli.
Ooohhh... that lobster ravioli sounds delicious... did you get any?? Do you have any to share??

Thanks for the info... please tell them we're thinking of them. :(

I'm back after about a week of inactivity on the boards!!
Someone please give me the Reader's Digest version, OK?
Welcome home!! Glad you had a good time -- do you think the conference will help you make sense of this thread?? ;)

Hopefully us... we're trying to line up a babysitter for Friday night. Otherwise, we'll be waiting 'til next week. Who's got the book on pre-order??? We're trying to decide how we're both going to read it at the same time... :D

Beast_fanatic
07-12-2007, 12:12 AM
Hi Rhonda..... thanks for sending the rain.. it came on the tenth hole. But we needed it.

If I sent it to you, then why do we still have it? :confused:

Actually, today's showers were fast and furious, full of lightening, thunder and downpours. Fortunately, they had almost all blown over before I left work to go home. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
07-12-2007, 12:29 AM
My condolences to Deb and Di! There seems to be a lot of this going around lately... enough already, okay?

I forgot in my summary that Riri is ALSO MIA... Alex, you didn't scare her away, did you?

No ravioli... instead we headed out for LUNCH at 5:30... in my defense, Ben got up really late (he's adopting teenager habits early) and he had a snack or two. By the time it was time for dinner/lunch, I just decided that we needed some pampering so we went out to dinner (nothing fancy, just Outback). Afterwards, we went to Costco so that I'd actually have some food around here to cook! (I'm telling you... I've been really busy :geek: ) So tomorrow after treatment, we'll head over to Papa Pasquale's (yes, that is the store's real name) to get ravioli, bread, biscotti, olives, etc. :tasty: You're all invited for dinner, okay?

Actually, today's showers were fast and furious, full of lightening, thunder and downpours. Fortunately, they had almost all blown over before I left work to go home. :thumbsup:
Don't you love when the bad weather is over by the time you're ready to venture out. Who says you don't have an "in" with the guy upstairs? :)

Dsnygirl
07-12-2007, 12:39 AM
So tomorrow after treatment, we'll head over to Papa Pasquale's (yes, that is the store's real name) to get ravioli, bread, biscotti, olives, etc. :tasty: You're all invited for dinner, okay?

Mmmmm.... sounds yummy! Can I bring anything??

I'm a work again, my last of three.... yawn.... I didn't sleep all that well today, and was up early doing things around the house. :confused: So, I've got a mocha latte w/ a shot of espresso sitting here, just waiting for that first BIG yawn to hit so I can drink it... :mcoffee: Hopefully, I'll sleep better today... DH and I are going to the range tonight to hit a bucket of balls before I venture out w/ him for 9 holes on Saturday -- my first time on a course in 9 years. Yipes... :hide: Oughtt to be interesting... I think the birds around here better send a memo to their relatives on the course, as I used to have a wicked right hook into the woods, and I can't imagine it's gotten any better. :blush:

Anyone still up out there??

Christine
07-12-2007, 02:23 AM
Anyone still up out there??

I am. Just beat the family in a round of dominos! Anyone else out there like to play chicken foot??

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 09:56 AM
:hi: Deb! Nice to have you back :hug: !

I want to go to Ellen's to eat today. I love ravioli (Have you ever had pumpkin ravioli? Yummy :eat: )

I wonder if Blythe made it through the night.... :sleepin:

offwego
07-12-2007, 10:02 AM
(nothing fancy, just Outbackwe'll head over to Papa Pasquale's (yes, that is the store's real name) to get ravioli, bread, biscotti, olives, etc. :tasty: You're all invited for dinner, okay?
:)
William made a thing for us about Outback and I just can't go there anymore. He mistakenly called it Outhouse. Just cannot do it now. That store sounds might tasty. What time is dinner exactly?

I am. Just beat the family in a round of dominos! Anyone else out there like to play chicken foot??
What's chicken foot?

: (Have you ever had pumpkin ravioli? Yummy :eat: ):

I like that alot! Do you make your own?

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I like that alot! Do you make your own?Lord no. Though, I have made my own lasagna noodles and gnocchi on occasion -- It is not something I have done in the recent past. Funny, we recently had this conversation with our foody friends. We all determined that it just wasn't worth the effort when there are so many great fresh pastas out there..... Do you? Can you send me some? :tasty:

alpro2
07-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Nope..... I came back to earth today with a 92.

Think you can beat me ? :D
Well, they don't call me Tigger for nutin'. :D

I'm here...the "original", in person.

I forgot in my summary that Riri is ALSO MIA... Alex, you didn't scare her away, did you?

Nah, she is still lurking about. I think she is still smarting over the whooping I gave her in tennis a couple of weeks ago. :D

Banker Babe and Galactic Hero Babe - where is Deerhurst Resort? I have a meeting all the way up there in August. Is it nice?

offwego
07-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Banker Babe and Galactic Hero Babe - where is Deerhurst Resort? I have a meeting all the way up there in August. Is it nice?

VERY nice Alex. It's in Huntsville which is Cottage country parts of Ontario. I'd guess you'd fly into toronto and drive?? anyway it has a fantastic web site to look at.

Not that easy to get to from New York though. No matter how you do it you'll be driving. Great golf and nice spa. The entertainment is supposed to be good as well. Shania Twain used to perform there way back when. Very chi chi.

So can some one explain why the movie thread on Ratatoulie is so heated? I was afraid to venture in to that mess without armour.

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 10:47 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! It is up near Algonquin Park (one of the most beautiful "natural" points of interest in the world if you ask me). There is Golf and fine dining..... You should take the family if you can -- there are lots of water sports etc in the area. Deerhurst (http://www.deerhurstresort.com/index.html) Are you flying in?

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
So can some one explain why the movie thread on Ratatoulie is so heated? I was afraid to venture in to that mess without armour.This is a family friendly site, so I can't say. But that one guy is a bit of a :stir: -- and the other guy is just a kid. It's ridiculous! Jared and I are having a discussion to show how it can be done with manners. ;)

alpro2
07-12-2007, 11:04 AM
VERY nice Alex. It's in Huntsville which is Cottage country parts of Ontario. I'd guess you'd fly into toronto and drive?? anyway it has a fantastic web site to look at.

Not that easy to get to from New York though. No matter how you do it you'll be driving. Great golf and nice spa. The entertainment is supposed to be good as well. Shania Twain used to perform there way back when. Very chi chi.

BEAUTIFUL!!! It is up near Algonquin Park (one of the most beautiful "natural" points of interest in the world if you ask me). There is Golf and fine dining.....
Flying into Toronto then driving. Will there be snow up there? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Flying into Toronto then driving. Will there be snow up there? :D
Nope -- just blackflies the size of Rottweilers! ;) Do you have repellent? I hope you have a fabulous time in our northland!!

dlpmikki
07-12-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi all! :hi: It's been a while since I posted as it is a bit hectic round here (by my current standards :D). We are organising a Drinks on The Deck party for the Church on Saturday week and it is taking quite a bit of organising! With the weather we have had lately we were worried the decking might be under water but now we are just worried it may rain. The poor weather is likely to affect ticket sales and it is hard to know how many people to cater for. I may have a lot of wine left over after all this. That would be a hardship :wine:!

Would you all like to come - it'll be great fun by the river if we don't get swept away?

alpro2
07-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Nope -- just blackflies the size of Rottweilers! ;) Do you have repellent? I hope you have a fabulous time in our northland!!
Funny you should say that. People in our office in Toronto keeps saying to bring the bug repellant. :(

So, what is your opinion of Ratatoulie? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Would you all like to come - it'll be great fun by the river if we don't get swept away?We'll just make sure Ken is there with the RV! I'll bring my own glass to help you with your wine situation Mikki!

Funny you should say that. People in our office in Toronto keeps saying to bring the bug repellant. :(You need bug stuff in Northern Ontario....it makes for a much more pleasant experience. Use the Off skintastic though...it smells better and it works.

So, what is your opinion of Ratatoulie? :D You are a :stir: . Can you imagine getting that worked up? Man -- he needs something real to worry about..... :D

Christine
07-12-2007, 11:37 AM
What's chicken foot?

Just one of the funnest domino games you can play! I will try to find directions online b/c if I try to explain it it will sound way more complicated then it is...it's a gift I have! :rolleyes:

Nope -- just blackflies the size of Rottweilers!

I have no idea why, but this made me laugh so hard!!! :funny:

I am so sorry to hear about Deb and Di's loss. :(

And Deb (other Deb) I am glad you are back from your conference.

Hope everyone has a good day...I'm outta here!

Anyone know what today is? THREE MONTHS til the big meet!!! :cheer:

offwego
07-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Funny you should say that. People in our office in Toronto keeps saying to bring the bug repellant. :(

So, what is your opinion of Ratatoulie? :D

I liked the movie but yes you need bug spray...lots and lots of bug spray. Mind you it does have a lot of golf but I here you like that.

Do people really like to golf?

Mickey'sGirl
07-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Humour me and go to this site (http://www.wildsofcanada.com/Largecards/mosq.gif)....See....we can make fun of ourselves!

What's for lunch?

offwego
07-12-2007, 11:56 AM
:

You don't think Jenn is kidding do you? Seriously there are peices of me still in Barry's Bay from the black flies in spring at one ball tournment. I was bleeding from multiple alien invasions trust me. (funny enough my fellow coach was an employee of the Alqo. forestery commission and they left him alone. Have to wonder if he'd already contributed his quota of flesh or if they take bribes)

pogo
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone know what today is? THREE MONTHS til the big meet!!! OK...... keep rubbing it in ! Are you really trying to hurt me again ? :stop::fit::sob:

Do people really like to golf?
Yes, we do ! :D

You don't think Jenn is kidding do you? Seriously there are peices of me still in Barry's Bay from the black flies in spring at one ball tournment. I was bleeding from multiple alien invasions trust me. (funny enough my fellow coach was an employee of the Alqo. forestery commission and they left him alone. Have to wonder if he'd already contributed his quota of flesh or if they take bribes) Got pictures you want to share ? :D

I may have a lot of wine left over after all this. That would be a hardship !

Would you all like to come - it'll be great fun by the river if we don't get swept away?
Wine...... did you say EXTRA WINE ? I'll be right there !:bolt:

Flying into Toronto then driving. Will there be snow up there? :D you've got to be kidding, right ? There is always snow up there ! :D

offwego
07-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, we do ! :D
Got pictures you want to share ? :D
you've got to be kidding, right ? There is always snow up there ! :D

No and NO..You have to go way way up there to get snow all the time. You do know the good old U.S. Of A is north of me right?

And Pogo dear..what makes you think I'd let anyone take pictures of me coaching a ball game? You have to wear sneakers for that so no pics.

pogo
07-12-2007, 03:59 PM
And Pogo dear..what makes you think I'd let anyone take pictures of me coaching a ball game? You have to wear sneakers for that so no pics. Sorry...... I lost my head.:doh:
No pictures, huh........ Not even from the waist up ?
Geeesssssssssssshhhhhh !

But at least you called me "Dear" ! :D

offwego
07-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Sorry...... I lost my head.:doh:
No pictures, huh........ Not even from the waist up ?
Geeesssssssssssshhhhhh !

But at least you called me "Dear" ! :D

Nope the top half has a nasty ball cap on it. No good comes of coaching little league I tell ya!

Are we the only ones around? Did Ellen not bring in some afternoon biscotti?

pogo
07-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Nope the top half has a nasty ball cap on it. No good comes of coaching little league I tell ya!

OK Nat..... what the heck is a biscotti ? Some sort of fancy cookie or what ? :confused:

And I used to coach Little League too. The only part I really hated was the parents ! :D

offwego
07-12-2007, 04:36 PM
OK Nat..... what the heck is a biscotti ? Some sort of fancy cookie or what ? :confused:

And I used to coach Little League too. The only part I really hated was the parents ! :D

Your serious about the whole biscotti thing? I think we all thought you were kidding.

Anyway they are an Italian cookie (that has been corrupted many times over in North America by coffee shops in particulair) that essentially has the following things in common.

It's twice baked (which I'm sure Alex or Maria can come along and define where in the name this is but that's not my area).

Meaning it's first shaped into a flat log (aprox 3/4 inch thick, likely 8-9 inches long and perhaps 4-5 inches wide), more rounded in the centre then perfectly flat. One bakes it first for aprox 20-25 minutes then takes it out..cools it briefly and slices it on a slight diagonal width wise and rebakes them till golden (depending again likely 20-25 even 30 minutes).

Traditionally lower in butter then many cookies the twice baking leaves a very crispy cookie that can keep for an extended period.
Common flavours are almonds, orange peel, choc, hazelnuts etc and plain is nothing to be sneezed at with a good coffee.

Quite easy to make really if you want a recepie let me know I make plain, almond and orange as well as a pistachio version.

the parents were ok...it was the traveling that did it for me.

pogo
07-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Your serious about the whole biscotti thing? I think we all thought you were kidding.

Anyway they are an Italian cookie (that has been corrupted many times over in North America by coffee shops in particulair) that essentially has the following things in common.

It's twice baked (which I'm sure Alex or Maria can come along and define where in the name this is but that's not my area).

Meaning it's first shaped into a flat log (aprox 3/4 inch thick, likely 8-9 inches long and perhaps 4-5 inches wide), more rounded in the centre then perfectly flat. One bakes it first for aprox 20-25 minutes then takes it out..cools it briefly and slices it on a slight diagonal width wise and rebakes them till golden (depending again likely 20-25 even 30 minutes).

Traditionally lower in butter then many cookies the twice baking leaves a very crispy cookie that can keep for an extended period.
Common flavours are almonds, orange peel, choc, hazelnuts etc and plain is nothing to be sneezed at with a good coffee.

Quite easy to make really if you want a recepie let me know I make plain, almond and orange as well as a pistachio version.

Thank you, thank you, thank you ! The orange sounds good. So does the plain. I'm not much for sweets, except ice cream. Got a :bar: for me ? I'll eat them any time ! :D

disneydeb
07-12-2007, 05:07 PM
Hi All! Pogo, Thank you for the update. I have been too busy today to even get on the boards. Is it because I've been out of town and no one else knows how to wash dishes or dirty clothes? Or,:confused: is it me?:D

alpro2
07-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Very good Natalie! Biscotti is Italian for "biscuit". The best way to eat is to "dunk" them in coffee. :thumbsup:

So how was everyone's day?

ElenitaB
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
I may have a lot of wine left over after all this. That would be a hardship :wine:!

So what time will Ken be stopping by with the RV for us to go over to Mikki's? :bus:

I was an hour late getting to the cancer center for treatment today and it just snowballed from there. We should have left at 1:00 and we ended up not leaving until 4:00! So it took a while to get to Papa Pasquales. Once there I was very disappointed though... no interesting pasta though I did manage to find some 5 cheese whole wheat ravioli. Had to go to a nearby competitors and picked up a small ball of fresh mozzarella and another of smoked mozzarella. :tasty: So between Mikki's wine, my cheese and some good bread, we should get by just fine.

Very good Natalie! Biscotti is Italian for "biscuit". The best way to eat is to "dunk" them in coffee.
It's my understanding that "biscotti" means twice cooked (bis - twice; cotto - cooked). In some parts of Italy they're dunked into Vin Santo. I grew up in Massapequa, Long Island (home to Neil Diamond and the Baldwin brothers, among others), otherwise known as MatzohPizza. In some houses, cookies like these were called biscotti, in others they were known as mandel bread. All that said, I think I really do watch too many shows on Food Network. :blush:

How was my day? Looong... it took three sticks to get an IV running today which is not good. :( The nurses will love this story: I have what I thought were nice little veins on the inside of wrist so I asked the nurse about using them. She was like, fine, but it's going to hurt like h***. I was like, well, it's only two hours, what the heck. She stuck me and OUCH! It was like getting an arterial stick.... ouch, ouch, ouch and then some more ouch. She took it right out and everyone had a good laugh! I was like the talk of the floor for actually asking for it. :blush:

So the menu here tonight is tomato/fresh mozzarella, whole wheat ravioli and these yummy ices (PhillySwirl Poppers) I found yesterday at Costco. Mikki, please bring the wine. Dinner is around 7:30. You're all welcome to join us. Unless you want to wait until tomorrow night and we can go watch the fireworks down at Coney Island after dinner? :fworks"

Everyone ready for tomorrow, Friday, the 13th? :blackcat:

Dsnygirl
07-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi all... just zooping in (from home! :)) to say hi quickly...

I did... and now that I'm home, I can safely say it was quiet!! A very nice, much needed silent night. :thumbsup:

[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;1352226]Though, I have made my own lasagna noodles and gnocchi on occasion --
Mmmm... homemade gnocchi. Funny you should mention it... I've been craving some, and I just love our recipe... brown butter tomatoes over the top w/ a little vinegar and parmesan cheese... YUMMM!! Maybe I'll have to make some this wknd...

I'd love to!! Sounds like tremendous fun... what should I wear??

So, what is your opinion of Ratatoulie?
Liked it, no matter what anyone says... even though the hordes of rats did give me the creepy-crawlies... :blush:

Anyone know what today is? THREE MONTHS til the big meet!!!
:joy:

Humour me and go to this site (http://www.wildsofcanada.com/Largecards/mosq.gif)....See....we can make fun of ourselves!

:funny:

Everyone ready for tomorrow, Friday, the 13th?
Yup!! I've got loads of plans... gym, out w/ my mom, errands, going to see HP with my DH... can't wait!! Hope you all have a great 13th, too!!

Hey -- for all you golfers out there -- I actually made it to the range w/ my DH tonight... and I can still hit the ball!! Okay, yes, I still have a wicked right hook, and I took a lot of divots, but at least I can still connect w/ that blasted little white ball of frustration. :blush: Now to see if I can stay under 150 when we play 9 on Saturday... ;)

pogo
07-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi All! Pogo, Thank you for the update. I have been too busy today to even get on the boards. Is it because I've been out of town and no one else knows how to wash dishes or dirty clothes? Or,:confused: is it me?:D
You are very welcome....... ah.. you mean somebody has to wash the dishes ? Not me.... let Alex do it. :D

Very good Natalie! Biscotti is Italian for "biscuit". The best way to eat is to "dunk" them in coffee. :thumbsup:

So how was everyone's day?
My day was fine......... I gave my neighbors dog a milkbone biscotti. Did I do good ? :D

pogo
07-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Hey -- for all you golfers out there -- I actually made it to the range w/ my DH tonight... and I can still hit the ball!! Okay, yes, I still have a wicked right hook, and I took a lot of divots, but at least I can still connect w/ that blasted little white ball of frustration. :blush: Now to see if I can stay under 150 when we play 9 on Saturday... ;)
Oh my......... I think we better get together play a round together. Ooops..... that didn't sound right. But... do you know what I mean ? I mean you, your DH, me and Patti. :D

drummerboy
07-12-2007, 11:46 PM
OK, here's the update on the Drummerboy day.

Had my state bar committee meeting this afternoon, zooped in to check on the boards but didn't post, went to the banquet, and I'm finally done. I'm going to try to sleep in tomorrow.

The banquet was actually fun. They had an oldies band from SC so several of us stayed to the end.

Anybody hear of the Duke Lacross player case in NC? I sat at a table with the person who headed the ethics panel that disbarred the DA.
Of course, all the other people sat with the infamous Drummerboy.

Beast_fanatic
07-13-2007, 12:08 AM
Don't you love when the bad weather is over by the time you're ready to venture out. Who says you don't have an "in" with the guy upstairs? :)

Yes, I do love that. Now, if I can only be as lucky on Saturday for the big pool party. Just watched the weather, and they've upped the chance of rain on Saturday to 50% with the highest accumulations expected in my county. :(

I do like to play chicken foot although we don't get the opportunity all that often. I was trying to think of a way to describe it, but I'm too tired right now. :sleepin:

Do you think I can sneak out of work for several hours tomorrow to go see Harry Potter?

pogo
07-13-2007, 05:48 AM
OK, here's the update on the Drummerboy day.

Had my state bar committee meeting this afternoon, zooped in to check on the boards but didn't post, went to the banquet, and I'm finally done. I'm going to try to sleep in tomorrow.

The banquet was actually fun. They had an oldies band from SC so several of us stayed to the end.

Anybody hear of the Duke Lacross player case in NC? I sat at a table with the person who headed the ethics panel that disbarred the DA.

:hi: Ken....... so to sum up your day....... you could say........ you spent it in a bar ? :D

Yes, I do love that. Now, if I can only be as lucky on Saturday for the big pool party. Just watched the weather, and they've upped the chance of rain on Saturday to 50% with the highest accumulations expected in my county. :(

I do like to play chicken foot although we don't get the opportunity all that often. I was trying to think of a way to describe it, but I'm too tired right now. :sleepin:

Do you think I can sneak out of work for several hours tomorrow to go see Harry Potter? Is this "chicken foot" game a texas thing ? I've never heard of it. :D

alpro2
07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
I'm going to try to sleep in tomorrow.

Don't people usually sleep in pajamas?

Originally Posted by drummerboy
What do you consider as oldies? :D

Originally Posted by drummerboy

Big story here. So did he ask for your autograph and did you offer him a cookie?

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2007, 08:20 AM
Of course, all the other people sat with the infamous Drummerboy.Lacrosse is huge in my neck of the woods (It's Canada's National Sport, Don't you know?). Did the others know that you are the infamous Drummerboy, or were you incognito? :spy:

Yes, I do love that. Now, if I can only be as lucky on Saturday for the big pool party. Just watched the weather, and they've upped the chance of rain on Saturday to 50% with the highest accumulations expected in my county. :(I am crossing my fingers for you Rhonda....Personally, I don't put a lot of faith in the weather forcasts.... Can I sneak out to HP with you? I stayed up too late watching a special about it on A&E last night....I can't wait!!

What do you consider as oldies? :DMozart? Did you check out that Wilds of Canada Link I posted Alex -- It's worth a boo! :thumbsup:

Jasper
07-13-2007, 08:31 AM

What a travesty of justice that case was!! (The player's case, not the DA's case!) It certainly sounds like the DA got the minimum of what he deserved. According to news reports at least one player's family went bankrupt trying to defend him only to find out in the end that the DA had run rampant trying to make a name for himself!:mad::mad: And that is even without going into what has been done to the player's reputations, etc.

On a brighter note, It's Friday, how is everyone today and what are the plans for the weekend? If everything plays out correctly, tonight we will be joining several million of my best friends and going to see the new Harry Potter movie. Then tomorrow, if my back feels up to it I and my youngest son may take some rabbits and go to an open show that is being held nearby. But then Sunday both of my sons and I HAVE to get the rabbit barn cleaned out!!! Anyone want to help with that project?

Dsnygirl
07-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Oh my......... I think we better get together play a round together. Ooops..... that didn't sound right. But... do you know what I mean ? I mean you, your DH, me and Patti.
:funny: Totally understood, neighbor! :D

:rolleyes: That's a good one... ;)

Yes, I do love that. Now, if I can only be as lucky on Saturday for the big pool party. Just watched the weather, and they've upped the chance of rain on Saturday to 50% with the highest accumulations expected in my county.

:fingers: Crossing my fingers for you for the weekend... I sure hope the rain stays away!!

On a brighter note, It's Friday, how is everyone today and what are the plans for the weekend? If everything plays out correctly, tonight we will be joining several million of my best friends and going to see the new Harry Potter movie. Then tomorrow, if my back feels up to it I and my youngest son may take some rabbits and go to an open show that is being held nearby. But then Sunday both of my sons and I HAVE to get the rabbit barn cleaned out!!! Anyone want to help with that project?
We'll be at HP tonight, too.... we even bought tickets online early, just to be sure we'll get in. Of course, getting a decent seat will be whole other matter... :(
I'm not sure I'm up to the bunny barn thing, but I have a DD who would probably LOVE to help... she's big into the vet scene right now, and happens to be studying up on caring for rabbits lately. Should I send her your way?? Be careful, though -- she might want to bring a few home with her!! ;)
We don't have any marvelous weekend plans, but just the fact that it's the weekend is good enough right now... besides going to see HP tonight, my DH and I have a golf date tomorrow, and I have to work tomorrow night. Sunday, we may just crash at the beach after I get up, or go play a little Putt-Putt w/ the girls. All in all, a pretty relaxing next few days! :thumbsup: What about everyone else??

offwego
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Now who was more interested you or everyone else?

But then Sunday both of my sons and I HAVE to get the rabbit barn cleaned out!!! Anyone want to help with that project?
Uh no thanks Jasper. I do however hope your back is doing better. How is your Mom doing?

drummerboy
07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
:hi: Ken....... so to sum up your day....... you could say........ you spent it in a bar ? :D
All day and a good part of the night. :D I think I feel more hung over than I would've in a real bar.

1. Don't people usually sleep in pajamas?

2. What do you consider as oldies? :D

3. Big story here. So did he ask for your autograph and did you offer him a cookie?
1. I brought a fresh set of tomorrows with me, so I had to use those.

2. Probably not what you would consider oldies. And who's the wise-acre that said Mozart? Who do you think taught him his moves?

3. What, offer a cookie to a stranger? I beg your pardon! I only share my cookies with JQers thank-you-very-much.

Lacrosse is huge in my neck of the woods (It's Canada's National Sport, Don't you know?). Did the others know that you are the infamous Drummerboy, or were you incognito? :spy:
No, I was in Atlantic Beach, don't know where cognito is. But I was in disguise in case the papparazzi were lurking about. I told everybody my name was Frankie.

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2007, 09:03 AM
2. Probably not what you would consider oldies. And who's the wise-acre that said Mozart? Who do you think taught him his moves?
Just stay away from that crazy kid Scott Joplin -- The new music is no nutsy! ;)

Guess what I get tomorrow? My DS9 back home!!! :clappy: I can't wait! :clappy:

Nice to see you Jasper. Don't overdo the rabbit barn!

ElenitaB
07-13-2007, 10:16 AM
Well, the internal optimist in me says that you won't have rain during the party. How's that? So positive vibes heading your way for a fun and rainless party tomorrow. That goes to Mikki too for her Wine on the Deck gala.

Lacrosse is huge in my neck of the woods (It's Canada's National Sport, Don't you know?).
I thought your national sport was hockey. Where does the game with the skates and the brooms fall into your top ten list? (Sorry chemo brain doesn't allow me to use the exact name of the broom/skating OLYMPIC sport. :blush: )

If everything plays out correctly, tonight we will be joining several million of my best friends and going to see the new Harry Potter movie. Then tomorrow, if my back feels up to it I and my youngest son may take some rabbits and go to an open show that is being held nearby. But then Sunday both of my sons and I HAVE to get the rabbit barn cleaned out!!! Anyone want to help with that project?
I was wondering how your back was doing, Jasper, and how your mom is doing. You've both be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

You've kinda hit the nail on the head of why we are now a pet-free zone. Ever since the pet turtle took a chunk out of my hand, I haven't been too anxious to get a new pet (the turtle now lives in a backyard pond nearby).

We don't have any marvelous weekend plans, but just the fact that it's the weekend is good enough right now... besides going to see HP tonight, my DH and I have a golf date tomorrow, and I have to work tomorrow night. Sunday, we may just crash at the beach after I get up, or go play a little Putt-Putt w/ the girls. All in all, a pretty relaxing next few days! :thumbsup: What about everyone else??
So you all play golf? I'm feeling very left out! DS does want to learn how to play... who will give us lessons? I do adore Putt-Putt though. The only course near us is not very nice though. We just might have to go there however just to have some fun. I'm guessing that Wii golf doesn't count, right?

Jenn, have a nice drive tomorrow to pick up Harry. I'm sure everyone will be very happy to have him back! :D

I'll zoop in later. I'm planning on working a few hours and then going to an early afternoon showing of HP. I'm well into overtime this week so I don't think it will be a problem. And the interview I was going to do this morning, has been postponed until Monday, so I got a reprieve from my "must do" item of the day. Later!

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
I thought your national sport was hockey. Where does the game with the skates and the brooms fall into your top ten list? (Sorry chemo brain doesn't allow me to use the exact name of the broom/skating OLYMPIC sport. :blush: )Ok....
- the Official National Sport of Canada is Lacrosse (Invented by our First Nations people a billion years ago)
- the undisputed favourite sport in Canada is Hockey "Canada's Game" . It is the only sport in our house .... although I come from a baseball family.
- Curling -- done on one teflon and one non-teflon SHOE with rocks and brooms is for women and men who can't skate. :D Did you ever see "Men With Brooms" ... starring Paul Gross (the Mountie from Due South) ?

Does this help?

offwego
07-13-2007, 11:21 AM
I thought your national sport was hockey. Where does the game with the skates and the brooms fall into your top ten list? (Sorry chemo brain doesn't allow me to use the exact name of the broom/skating OLYMPIC sport. :blush: )

So you all play golf? I'm feeling very left out! DS does want to learn how to play... who will give us lessons?

Ellen, not to worry I golf under duress trust me!

Ok....
- the Official National Sport of Canada is Lacrosse (Invented by our First Nations people a billion years ago)
- the undisputed favourite sport in Canada is Hockey "Canada's Game" . It is the only sport in our house .... although I come from a baseball family.
- Curling -- done on one teflon and one non-teflon SHOE with rocks and brooms is for women and men who can't skate. :D Did you ever see "Men With Brooms" ... starring Paul Gross (the Mountie from Due South) ?

Does this help?

UMMM Paul Gross. I loved that show. Have you been watching it on the "rerun" channel?

Riri529
07-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Hey guys! Has anyone missed me? Lots going on at home and I've just been circling the wagons trying to deal. Forget the coffee, I could really use a :marg: these days. Is anyone serving?
Please somebody bring me up to speed.

Natalie, Apparently, you are a biscotti-ologist!! That was quite a comprehensive answer and I dare say that I couldn't have given a better answer myself. Perhaps you should be the new Biscotti Babe!! However, anyone who knows me, knows that I could NEVER, EVER, be the Banker Babe. Do I need to think of another Babe name for myself? Heavens, what will I do now??

Nah, she is still lurking about. I think she is still smarting over the whooping I gave her in tennis a couple of weeks ago. :D

Still smarting eh? Hey Alex, I think you are probably still wiping the sneaker marks off of your backside after our last match. Do you recall the score?? I know I do. ;)

alpro2
07-13-2007, 11:50 AM
No, I was in Atlantic Beach, don't know where cognito is. But I was in disguise in case the papparazzi were lurking about. I told everybody my name was Frankie.
In disguise??? I thought you just said you were in Atantic Beach? (ba-rum-bump)

Guess what I get tomorrow? My DS9 back home!!! :clappy: I can't wait! :clappy:

Didn't you just ship him off? Oh, and thanks for the link Jenn!

alpro2
07-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Still smarting eh? Hey Alex, I think you are probably still wiping the sneaker marks off of your backside after our last match. Do you recall the score?? I know I do. ;)
Oh.....look who is back! Nice that you should grace us with your prescence. Um, the last match? What are you talking about? I can't seem to remember. :blush:

offwego
07-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Hey guys! Has anyone missed me? Perhaps you should be the new Biscotti Babe!! However, anyone who knows me, knows that I could NEVER, EVER, be the Banker Babe. Do I need to think of another Babe name for myself? Heavens, what will I do now??

No I like Banker...I'm a much better banker then baker anyway. (not that my cookies are bad but I seem to make a little more for the banking end). You can have biscotti if you'd like.

We did miss you and I'm sure over in the watercooler since it's friday there will be some :marg: and I think Blythe had some :marg:too.

to recap.

Ken thinks he's famous

Alex is still Alex but he's coming to Canada where Jenn & I can shape him up some

Pogo thinks his golf score is = to the weather.

Rhonda is worried about the weather for her party and her stove

Jasper has rabbit issues

Bythe has been working a fair chunk as has Scott & Lynn and Ellen

Deb was at a conf. and is now attached to her washing machine.

Di & Deb had to attend a cousin's funeral.

Frankie is looking for root beer floats.

Jenn is looking forward to getting Harry back

Did I forget anything?

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2007, 12:13 PM
to recap.

Ken thinks he's famous

Alex is still Alex but he's coming to Canada where Jenn & I can shape him up some

Pogo thinks his golf score is = to the weather.

Jasper has rabbit issues

Bythe has been working a fair chunk as has Scott & Lynn and Ellen

Deb was at a conf. and is now attached to her washing machine.

Di & Deb had to attend a cousin's funeral.

Frankie is looking for root beer floats.

Jenn is looking forward to getting Harry back

Did I forget anything?
Sandy is in charge of the :bar: :bar: and Christine hates camping and Ratatouille -- but loves Chicken feet.... And what about you, Nat?

offwego
07-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Sandy is in charge of the :bar: :bar: and Christine hates camping and Ratatouille -- but loves Chicken feet.... And what about you, Nat?

Oh yeah me..I dunno what I'm up to..Lots of meetings?

And Mikki needs good weather for her party too. Anthing else one can think of?

Jasper
07-13-2007, 12:29 PM
We'll be at HP tonight, too.... we even bought tickets online early, just to be sure we'll get in. Of course, getting a decent seat will be whole other matter... :(
I'm not sure I'm up to the bunny barn thing, but I have a DD who would probably LOVE to help... she's big into the vet scene right now, and happens to be studying up on caring for rabbits lately. Should I send her your way?? Be careful, though -- she might want to bring a few home with her!!

My wife did the online thing this morning as well to make sure we had tickets. What she forgot to tell me is that we are taking 6 of my 10 year old son's friends with us!!! Anyone up for helping me ride herd on the crew?

As for sending some rabbits along with your daughter, we could probably arrange that! After all, rabbits do have a way of propagating themselves rather quickly!!!:D:D

Jasper
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
[QUOTE=ElenitaB;1353547
I was wondering how your back was doing, Jasper, and how your mom is doing. You've both be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

You've kinda hit the nail on the head of why we are now a pet-free zone. Ever since the pet turtle took a chunk out of my hand, I haven't been too anxious to get a new pet (the turtle now lives in a backyard pond nearby).[/QUOTE]

Mom is doing better, she seems to be getting stronger and they finally seem to have the fluid around her heart under control. As for my back, it is a little better but all I can say is thank God I have kids at home yet who can help with a lot of the heavy work. I have already told them that once they are gone the rabbits, ducks, 3 of the cats and one of the dogs will be gone!! If they are still around at the time I will keep our Jack Russell and our female cat because they think they are sisters and I would hate to break them up!!!

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2007, 01:29 PM
My dad just called me to ask me for our license plate information for a security system being installed in their community.... The vanity plate was easy -- but do you think I could recall the info on the plate of the car we've been driving since 1996? It was only when I stopped thinking of it I could recall it. I can remember names of people and their children and what they like to eat and do....but I can't remember my own Social Insurance Number, License Plate info -- and I didn't even know the number for my last cell phone (I never called it you see :D) -- DH, is the polar opposite. He knows everyone's license plate number (probably even yours if he's ever seen it), phone number, his points cards and airline miles cards numbers, Social Insurance Number .... but he can't remember anyone's names. Funny how it works, isn't it? I guess we are a good pair for many reasons!

Nascfan
07-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi gang! Everyone's Friday going well?

Just zooping in to let you all know I'm still alive and well, miss chatting more. Funny how work gets in the way, isn't it?

Have a tiggerific day everybody!

Jasper
07-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Just zooping in!

Everyone around here seems to be doing a lot of "zooping" lately. Anyone care to tell just how a person "zoops"?

Nascfan
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Everyone around here seems to be doing a lot of "zooping" lately. Anyone care to tell just how a person "zoops"?

Sure, you "zip by" or "drop in"...hence zoop. Get it?

Mickey'sGirl
07-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Sure, you "zip by" or "drop in"...hence zoop. Get it?
There's also a cookie requirement .... Where's Ken with the JQ Charter?

Zooping's great -- :thumbsup:

Jasper
07-13-2007, 02:25 PM
There's also a cookie requirement .... Where's Ken with the JQ Charter?

Zooping's great -- :thumbsup:

I have some oatmeal-raisin, would anyone like some? I had to buy them at the bakery because I didn't have time to make them but we have a GREAT local bakery here!!

offwego
07-13-2007, 02:57 PM
I have some oatmeal-raisin, would anyone like some? I had to buy them at the bakery because I didn't have time to make them but we have a GREAT local bakery here!!

Sounds good. Do they make chewy or crispy ones?

disneydeb
07-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Just zooping in to say that I'm having computer issues at home. I zooped into school to do a few things and thought I would post here before I leave. I'm going to miss you guys as I don't know how long it will be before I'm on line at home on a regular basis. I guess I'll see what the computer Dr. says. Till then you all had better behave! OK? :D

marlyn
07-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Hi all. I have been out of town and am now in the middle of night shifts. Thought I would pop in for a quick hello. How is everyone's week going? It has been really hot here this last week. 96 degrees out. Having some thunder showers today but rest of week was glorious and sunny!

Have a fantastic weekend.

Jasper
07-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds good. Do they make chewy or crispy ones?

They actually make three styles, chewy, semi-chewy, and crisp!! How's that for good customer service? Like I say, this is really a GREAT bakery!

Jasper
07-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Till then you all had better behave! OK? :D

What, do you really think anyone here might not behave? Ken, I think she is talking about us again!!:D:D

ElenitaB
07-13-2007, 05:59 PM
They actually make three styles, chewy, semi-chewy, and crisp!! How's that for good customer service? Like I say, this is really a GREAT bakery!
Sounds great... but do they sell cold milk to go with them?

Just zooping in to say hi. We never did make it to the movies and I never did do laundry. Oh well, there's always tomorrow (and one day more to ensure I don't fall asleep at HP).

Christine
07-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Hello all!

DFIL and his fiance have headed to Dallas for the weekend to see John's sister. Then they will be back on Monday to stay through Thursday. They've been a lot of fun and a big help with Olivia, but the constant challenges of cards, Chicken Foot, and Mexican Train are cutting into my I-COT time!

Does anyone still want the directions to Chicken Foot??

How to Play Chicken Foot (http://www.pagat.com/tile/wdom/chickenfoot.html)

Ellen and Blythe...did you notice I named my link up there????? :bow: :encore:

ElenitaB
07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
Anthing else one can think of?
:pout:

Riri, I asked about you the other day if that makes you feel any better. Sorry to hear that things are not hunky dory up your way. Here's a :marg: for you.

Does anyone still want the directions to Chicken Foot??

How to Play Chicken Foot (http://www.pagat.com/tile/wdom/chickenfoot.html)

Ellen and Blythe...did you notice I named my link up there????? :bow: :encore:
You get an "A," young lady! What will you do to celebrate?

Well, no HP for us today (am I repeating myself?). I just finished work for the day. We had a late lunch but I do guess it's time for dinner. I'll go see what I can invent!

P.S. Ken... power up the RV. We should go to MIkki's tomorrow night for dinner, even if we just make it in time for the dessert course.

Christine
07-13-2007, 11:04 PM
: What will you do to celebrate?

I'm going to Disney World!!!! :mickey: (in three months)

As for your dinner...no need to invent! There is a great quickie dinner that is already patented! Pop Tarts!!

Anyone else love to watch Best Week Ever on VH-1? Tonight's was hilarious!

Beast_fanatic
07-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Well, the stove issue is resolved at least! :yay: It's in and supposedly functional - guess I'll find out tomorrow when I try to cook some things for the party. Now, if I could only get those afternoon heat induced storms to stay out of my area, things would be good.

I didn't get to go see Harry Potter today. Do you think I'll be up to it on Sunday? I feel a little doubtful about it - it may be an extra week before I get to see it.

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday! (I don't think I'll be back online until Sunday).

trackbarroness
07-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Hello all, just dropping in to say hello.
Some day I'll be back on a 5 day work week, but for now I'm still on 6 day work week. They wanted us to extend yesterday. And probably will want us to extend today. I don't know maybe I'll extend (if they want us to) on either Sunday or Monday. so how has everyone been since my last posting?
I love my work location specially when I'm inside and it's storming outside. :D I don't hear the thunder that way. :D lol
Also in a pet free zone at the moment until sis moves down. Someone is suppose to be looking at the house today, and hopefully they'll want it and we shall know before the day is out one way or the other.
Oh I almost forgot I thought i saw JimmyC the other day at the MK. :thedolls: Might have been my vivid imagination at work eh? :D Lol

drummerboy
07-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Oh I almost forgot I thought i saw JimmyC the other day at the MK. :thedolls: Might have been my vivid imagination at work eh? :D Lol
Must be your imagination. I think JimmyC is a mythical creature like Figment.

I may have to admit to getting old soon. I can't sleep-in past about 7:30 any more.

So how's everybody's weekend shaping up? I thought I was going to get some rest last night after so much driving, but DD wanted me to come paint faces on the animal heads they've been making for Children of Eden. I do have today off though, then back to rehearsals tomorrow and the rest of the week until Friday opening.

marlyn
07-14-2007, 10:48 AM
Good morning. :D How are you all today? Any fun plans for your weekend?

Just got off nights and was incredibly busy. Had a post-op patient who was not doing so well. Was on phone all night with Dr and had to drag him in twice to see pt. Hope he is ok today. I was quite worried about him.

Can hardly keep my eyes open so I will say Good Night :sleepin: Time to hit the hay :sheep:

pogo
07-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Hello everyone ! What a beautifull day we have in Rochester today. Sunny and 80's.

We are planning to visit the Corn Hill Arts Festival this afternoon and return for a poolside :marg: and swim. Anybody want to join us ?

I've been busy the last two days and there hasn't been much "zooping in". Everyone OK ?

Stay safe and maybe we'll be back tonight. :D

disneydeb
07-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone!
The computer is back up and running!

Rhonda- Party like a rock star!

Pogo- Drink a double :marg: for me!

Jasper - I'm always talking about you!:thedolls:

Ellen - Hope you get your laundry done AND have time for a movie.:thumbsup:

Lynne- Glad your off the midnight shifts! Have a great weekend.

Ken- You are a great no terrific grandpa. I bet those animal faces are too cute!:monkey::cat:

Sandy- Why did you think that was JimmyC?

Is everyone in a great mood, like I am?:thumbsup:

Christine
07-14-2007, 01:15 PM
:sing: Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day. (like NEXT YEAR!) :sing:

Another dreary grey wet day here in the Lone Star State!

Please keep in mind when I ask this question that I am NOT a good cook, so if it's a stupid question, I am sorry. I have some chicken breasts marinating in terriyaki sauce in the fridge. We were going to kabob them and cook them on the grill, but it is still raining. Can I bake it in the oven with the terriyaki?? Or will that not turn out well.

HELP! :help:

marlyn
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
:sing: Rain, rain, go away. Come again another day. (like NEXT YEAR!) :sing:

Another dreary grey wet day here in the Lone Star State!

Please keep in mind when I ask this question that I am NOT a good cook, so if it's a stupid question, I am sorry. I have some chicken breasts marinating in terriyaki sauce in the fridge. We were going to kabob them and cook them on the grill, but it is still raining. Can I bake it in the oven with the terriyaki?? Or will that not turn out well.

HELP! :help:

I hope your rain goes away soon. It is a glorious hot, sunny day here again in British Columbia. Why don't you come here to BBQ?

As for your chicken. It will be fine to bake. Take the breasts and put them in a baking dish (spray dish with cooking spray). Make sure you turn them about half way through baking.

Of course looking at the time here (3:48) and the time difference between you and I, you have probably already cooked them (or are eating as we speak). LOL Hope it was yummy. I am hungry, can I have some?

Christine
07-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Of course looking at the time here (3:48) and the time difference between you and I, you have probably already cooked them (or are eating as we speak). LOL Hope it was yummy. I am hungry, can I have some?

Nope...we haven't cooked them yet. We have marinated them all day and are about to get it cooking (it's 6:04 pm)een a slight break in the weather, so John is going to try to grill (for now at least!)

If he cooks them, I'd be happy to send them up. If I cook, I will spare you...I like you and people I cook for tend to "disappear" for a while and decline future invitations! :blush:

So, did anyone else hear that the lead guy from High School Musical (Zac Effron or whatever his name is) is going to play Kevin Bacon's part in the new version of "Footloose"??? Actually, I think that sounds like a pretty good fit! :shrug:

marlyn
07-14-2007, 07:19 PM
If he cooks them, I'd be happy to send them up. If I cook, I will spare you...I like you and people I cook for tend to "disappear" for a while and decline future invitations! :blush:

So, did anyone else hear that the lead guy from High School Musical (Zac Effron or whatever his name is) is going to play Kevin Bacon's part in the new version of "Footloose"??? Actually, I think that sounds like a pretty good fit! :shrug:

There is only 2 hrs between us? I thought 3. Oh well then....sure send me up some chicken please. I have to work again tonight and don't have the energy to cook. I am sure you are not that bad a cook, are you? (makes mental note to get take out if i am ever on my way to Texas to visit.....)

Yes, I did hear that about Footloose...can't wait to see it.

Christine
07-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I am sure you are not that bad a cook, are you?

Let's see...

I once made macaroni and cheese and didn't drain the water before adding the cheese sauce

I hosted a dinner party and made chicken and rice, not realizing I had to COOK the rice first. After a guest almost broke a tooth, we moved on to the peanut butter pie I had made for dessert. It's pretty sad when people ask, "How did you learn to make peanut butter PUDDING!" Hello! That was PIE!

I made a lasagna that came out of the pan in ONE piece (but went in in multiple layers)

I made corn on the cob that you could eat with a spoon

Do you need more examples, or should I just stop there???