PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions--Lederhosen Spacesuits.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Dsnygirl
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
How many days till the big Intercot meet?
106 days minus 3 hours and 6 minutes until we leave for it... :blush: ... I'm not excited at all...

I know! I wont tell you the tales of either of my sons' arrivals...
Oh, please do... I love those stories... but maybe you'd better PM me or save it for October... I wouldn't want any JQ'ers :sick: :ack: on their shoes, white or any other color... :D

Okay...I was beginning to worry! I am usually last one up, last one on. All you early birds with your worms... I prefer poptarts! I have to wake up early all week to get DD off to her friend's house for VBS.

And the meet is in 108 days...not that I'm counting or anything!

Anyone want anything from Starbucks? I'm hitting the drive thru on the way to work!
Wow, Christine - you even beat me on!! I couldn't fall asleep last night, no matter how hard I tried... and let me tell you, that :marg: was hard to choke down! :blush: And I have to go back to work tonight, so I was NOT happy that I was still awake at 1 am... I even thought about getting up and coming on here - but thankfully, I finally fell asleep. (I think...) So, we're having a slower morning around here than usual - and I could REALLY use some of that Starbucks!! A mocha latte, skim milk and no whipped cream, if you please? Thanks!

What's everyone got planned for today? Mikki, how's the river? Glad to hear it didn't get too much worse overnight... :swim: :snorkel:

pogo
06-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Good morning all...... It is a wonderfull day that is supposed to get up to 95 degree's in Rochester. How warm is it where you are ?

I can't believe it! Am I the first JQer awake this morning?? :nope:..... I was on and posting by 7:00 AM ET. Were you still snoring ? :sleepin:

Our river is still rising but more slowly. No rain today but more forecast for tomorrow. Could do with an alternate universe to drain the excess water to!
Do you expect the water to start going down today ? If not, I'll send you this :boat:

:laughing:I guess that Jasper will be touring with Christine and I? When do the tickets go on sale ? I can't wait !

And the meet is in 108 days...not that I'm counting or anything!
Am I the only JQ'er not going to be at the Icot meet in October ? :(

Did you have one too many cookies yesterday?
:funny:

What's everyone got planned for today?
Work, work, and work. How about you, neighbor ? :D

dlpmikki
06-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Not sure what flaming June is Mikki but I hope the flooding recees quickly.

Is this another US/UK item of same language different meaning? Flaming June is how June is usually described as it is supposed to be nice and hot. This year is officially the wettest June since records began (about 150 years ago).

Stay safe Mikki! How does Figaro feel about all this water?!!
The Intercot meet is about 100 days away now...
He is staying well away from it!

Do you expect the water to start going down today ? If not, I'll send you this :boat:

Still rising slowly and certainly deep enough for a boat! Instead of decking I think we have a pier at the moment! (Do you have piers in the US?)

pogo
06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
still rising slowly and certainly deep enough for a boat! Instead of decking I think we have a pier at the moment! (Do you have piers in the US?)
Yes..... we have piers or docks as some call them. Most are made of wood.

What are your piers made of ? :D

Nascfan
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM

I'll be here. No October trips until daughter is out of school. I just hope we have some sanity at work long before then. Sheesh.

Congrats to your boys Lynne!

I'm tired. Anyone else tired?

Just time for a quick zoop. Have a good day all!

Dsnygirl
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Good morning all...... It is a wonderfull day that is supposed to get up to 95 degree's in Rochester. How warm is it where you are ?
Work, work, and work. How about you, neighbor ? :D
It's 94 here right now... yeeouch!! :whew: We don't have A/C, so my girls went out to play in the sprinkler for a little while... came back in a half-hour later, saying they were cold and could they have hot chocolate???

Today, we were going to go to the beach, but it's actually just too hot to do that, so we're hanging out here & playing... then it's off to work for me tonight. But - last night on until next Monday... whoo hoo! :yay: :woohoo:

I'm tired. Anyone else tired?

Yup... coffee just never seemed to kick in today. Thinking of making an iced version soon...

Where IS everybody today?? Hope all our Texans didn't get swept away in the rain, along w/ Mikki.... this spaceship's a little too quiet today... did the monkey capture Stitch and make off with all the fun??

Christine
06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Please!! A iced coffee cream one raw sugar if it's not too much trouble? Tall? thanks in advance.

Did you not get it? It must have spilled...or evaporated...( :tasty: ) but I'm almost sure that I didn't drink it! :shrug:

A mocha latte, skim milk and no whipped cream, if you please? Thanks!

That's exactly what I get! Only 170 calories and 2g. fat! Better than a Snickers! YUM!

:nope:..... I was on and posting by 7:00 AM ET. Were you still snoring ? :sleepin:

I was up before 6 today! And posting quite early, to boot!

I'll be here. No October trips until daughter is out of school.

That's why I'm not bringing my daughter! :secret:

Where IS everybody today?? Hope all our Texans didn't get swept away in the rain, along w/ Mikki....

I just got home from work. My computer got fried by lightning in May while I was out with my surgery. I have been working for two weeks to get Quick Books back up to date (our hard drive didn't retrieve the backup, so I was literally digging out files and re-keying about 8 months of data!) I am SO cross-eyed right now, but I FINISHED!

Boy is it storming today! The sky is completely black, the dog is absolutely terrified, and lightning and thunder are crashing about every 10 seconds! :scared: get me out of here!!!

I need to go pick up my daughter, but I don't dare drive out there right now (it's about 30 miles or more). Think her friend will notice if she just spends the night???

disneydeb
06-26-2007, 05:18 PM
I can't believe it! Am I the first JQer awake this morning?? Did our spacecraft wander into some alternate universe??

Spooky! :scared:

Nah! I was awake, I just didn't post (apart from the where in WDW photo one) :D

Our river is still rising but more slowly. No rain today but more forecast for tomorrow. Could do with an alternate universe to drain the excess water to!

How many days till the big Intercot meet? :party:

I was up feeding the baby at 5:00 and stayed up cleaning. DD had her wisdom teeth removed, so now I'm taking care of her.

Did I win the 1st awake prize? or- Was there a prize?

Soon there will be less than 100 days to go!

trackbarroness
06-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Wow that's a lot of rain/water Mikki, hope the river has started to recede(sp) already.
Have you all missed me? :D I started work at 6:45 and was actually supose to work until about 6:30, but I extended until 1:15 instead, then went back to work on Monday at 8:45 but was started at 8:30 instead. Today I was supose to start at 8:30 but started at 8:15. but at least like yesterday I worked until 6:30. I hope we get rain here soon. So I'm going to get a new neighbor in a few years eh? If so that's totally rad. :thumbsup:

alpro2
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
{ Tonight, the part of smart-Alex will be played by Christine } :bow:

Awe shucks Christine! :blush: Should I feel honored?

Did you have one too many cookies yesterday?

Can one ever have too many cookies?

Hit the little pink ball today in 90+ degree weather in the Indy area. Tee off time was 12:30 PM. Ooooh, it was nice and sticky. :cloud9:

Christine
06-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Awe shucks Christine! :blush: Should I feel honored?

Absolutely, Big Al!

May we call you Big Al?

pogo
06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Did I win the 1st awake prize? or- Was there a prize?

Yes you did....... would you believe you won a chance to play space golf with Big Al ? :D

Hit the little pink ball today in 90+ degree weather in the Indy area. Tee off time was 12:30 PM. Ooooh, it was nice and sticky. :cloud9:
Poor Baby...... I've got to play some business golf again tomorrow. Is it really going to be over 95 tomorrow when we tee off ? FORE :golf: .................... :D

alpro2
06-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Absolutely, Big Al!

May we call you Big Al?
:D

Yes you did....... would you believe you won a chance to play space golf with Big Al ? :D

Poor Baby...... I've got to play some business golf again tomorrow. Is it really going to be over 95 tomorrow when we tee off ? FORE :golf: .................... :D
Space golf is right! I need a lot of space for my game. What about yours Pogo? May we call you Pogo? :D What is your name anyway? :confused:

Beast_fanatic
06-26-2007, 11:57 PM

How many days till the big Intercot meet? :party:

Glad your river has slowed it's rise. I hope the drainage occurs before you get more rain!

And, it's about 100 days before I leave for the INTERCOT meet, but we get there a week early. :thumbsup: And, I finally made some ADRs today! :yay:

Hope all our Texans didn't get swept away in the rain

Not yet anyway! More rain tomorrow though, and chances through the weekend! :eek:

Is this week over yet? I'm off next Monday through Wednesday. :cheer:

marlyn
06-27-2007, 01:32 AM

I'll be here. No October trips until daughter is out of school. I just hope we have some sanity at work long before then. Sheesh.

Congrats to your boys Lynne!

Looks like I will keep you boys company while the rest desert us :( Since so many of them will be gone we will be awfully busy with all the redecorating! :D

I am still holding out hope that I can somehow find the means to go. Anyone know of any good seat sales?

pogo
06-27-2007, 07:14 AM

Space golf is right! I need a lot of space for my game. What about yours Pogo? May we call you Pogo? :D What is your name anyway? My game is condisered by many to need improvement. I'm a "16" handicap. How about yours ? .......... oh.... and my name is Tom, but you can call me pogo. :D

Not yet anyway! More rain tomorrow though, and chances through the weekend!
I hope your rain stops. May we send you a :boat: just in case? :D

Looks like I will keep you boys company while the rest desert us :( Since so many of them will be gone we will be awfully busy with all the redecorating! :D

I am still holding out hope that I can somehow find the means to go. Anyone know of any good seat sales? I looked last night for flights from Abuquerque to Orlando and actually found a round trip for $164 on Southwest. But I don't know how to approach my DW with a request to leave her from Friday untill Monday while we are supposed to be visiting her son. But I don't have a room either so.......... Any ideas ? :D

disneydrmr
06-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Good morning everyone! Did anyone miss me?

Oh my goodness. I have been so busy with work that I totally forgot to tell you guys! They both received athlete of the year. The principal said that this year they were renaming the athletic award to "Who's who in the world of sports" . He said that all you had to do this past year was to look at the leader board at any sport event, track meet or cross country run and the same two names were always on the top....but the question is "Who's who"? Noone can tell them apart so they renamed the award. LOL Can you imagine how proud I was?

Belated congrats to your boys! I'm sure you were just beaming with pride! College scholarships, olympic medals! Yep! I can see it all now!

The flooding is getting worse here. I have been sweeping water away from the back door and the river has risen 6 feet this afternoon. It is half way up our decking and I would not be surprised to wake up and find it well over he decking in the morning (lots more rain forecast overnight).

If I could I would take some of the rain from you, Mikki.
We are in a terrible drought in the southeast of the US.
Could you send some my way? Then we would both be better off.

You can also send some to Ohio.. we are listed in a moderate drought, and the Kentucky area is in a severe drought. Have not had to cut grass in almost two months...

I am still holding out hope that I can somehow find the means to go. Anyone know of any good seat sales?

I'll be here to keep you company Marlyn... so I think there will be four of us doing the redecorating... we better start the planning now cause with the number going, we'll have probably just a few hours at each location...

Good seat sales? I"m having a yard sale Saturday and we'll be selling a few chairs... probably only about $10 each.. do you want one of those? :D

offwego
06-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Is this another US/UK item of same language different meaning? Flaming June is how June is usually described as it is supposed to be nice and hot. This year is officially the wettest June since records began (about 150 years ago).
I think this is UK speak...we just call them heat waves I think.

That's today's plan for me..minus the pink of course. How is it mine have little blue and yellow things and yours are pink Alex?

Poor Baby...... I've got to play some business golf again tomorrow. Is it really going to be over 95 tomorrow when we tee off ? FORE :golf: .................... :D Me too...and about the same heat.

Good morning everyone! Did anyone miss me? Jenn & I did we were kinda worried.

drummerboy
06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
And here we are at hump day again. Where does the time go?

Took DW to a very nice restaurant in town for her early birthday dinner last night. It was a nice liesurely dinner over some good :wine:. Did you know that them expensive wines don't even have a screw-top? They put some kind of cork thingy in 'em.

Actually, you know you're in a good restaurant when they put the cork on the table so you can see that the end is wet.

Congratulations to the super-twins by the way. I think the most athletic my kids ever got was jumping to conclusions.

DW's on her way to pick up the oldest (9) grandchild. She'll be with us through the 4th. The rest of the crowd is coming down Saturday or Sunday. I think the kids are excited because they may be able to ride on a float in the parade this year. Their auntie's sponsoring a float to promote the play. Looks like old Pa might be up there too, but I don't think I'll be singing.

Mikki, now that your deck has become a pier, have you invested in a new boat? Hope the waters have subsided.

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Good Morning to all!

I hope today finds everyone well and a little drier of wetter whatever your needs are.

DD that had the wisdom teeth removed is still asleep. I think she was in quite a bit of pain yeserday and last night.

I'm out the door for a walk. Anyone coming with me?

pogo
06-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Good Morning to all!

I hope today finds everyone well and a little drier of wetter whatever your needs are.

DD that had the wisdom teeth removed is still asleep. I think she was in quite a bit of pain yeserday and last night.

I hope she feels better. :thumbsup:

I'll go for a walk with you........ would you carry my golf clubs for me ? :D

offwego
06-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Did you know that them expensive wines don't even have a screw-top? They put some kind of cork thingy in 'em.

Actually, you know you're in a good restaurant when they put the cork on the table so you can see that the end is wet.

Mikki, now that your deck has become a pier, have you invested in a new boat? Hope the waters have subsided.
Hmm does the RV become a boat? Or could we dock the black pearl at Mikki's? Ken, have you noticed the huge trend (aussie's in particular) of some of the more expensive ones to be going screwtop? Just seems odd even if it does mean a reduced amount of cork taint in high end wines.

drummerboy
06-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Hmm does the RV become a boat? Or could we dock the black pearl at Mikki's?
You may recall that we converted the RV to Black Pearl Status, but now we've re-fitted it for our space journey. Maybe Port Royal could spare a ship...?

Ken, have you noticed the huge trend (aussie's in particular) of some of the more expensive ones to be going screwtop? Just seems odd even if it does mean a reduced amount of cork taint in high end wines.
No I haven't, but that's probably because we normally don't go that high-end (not having those corporae expense accounts and all...:D). Which sounds funny because screw-tops have always been on the low-end stuff (think Ripple, Thunderbird and M-D 20/20).

How's Wednesday going for everybody?

marlyn
06-27-2007, 11:56 AM
I looked last night for flights from Abuquerque to Orlando and actually found a round trip for $164 on Southwest. But I don't know how to approach my DW with a request to leave her from Friday untill Monday while we are supposed to be visiting her son. But I don't have a room either so.......... Any ideas ? :D

I checked flights also and for me it is probably about $650 return. I have a lot of things going on around here the middle of October, so realistically I know I can't get away for a week. :( I am sure I will make one of these gatherings some day. Right now I really need to focus on saving up for my Cruise anyhow. 12 months and counting.

Belated congrats to your boys! I'm sure you were just beaming with pride! College scholarships, olympic medals! Yep! I can see it all now!

I'll be here to keep you company Marlyn... so I think there will be four of us doing the redecorating... we better start the planning now cause with the number going, we'll have probably just a few hours at each location...

Good seat sales? I"m having a yard sale Saturday and we'll be selling a few chairs... probably only about $10 each.. do you want one of those? :D

Thanks...I was proud indeed! Do the chairs you mentioned come with wings and a pilot?

Congratulations to the super-twins by the way. I think the most athletic my kids ever got was jumping to conclusions.

DW's on her way to pick up the oldest (9) grandchild. She'll be with us through the 4th. The rest of the crowd is coming down Saturday or Sunday. I think the kids are excited because they may be able to ride on a float in the parade this year. Their auntie's sponsoring a float to promote the play. Looks like old Pa might be up there too, but I don't think I'll be singing.

Super-twins? They weren't so super in the "tidy your room" department this morning. Why can someone run so fast and yet move so slow in the morning?

Have fun with your grandkid...parades are so much fun!

:pixie: to help DD with her pain. I will walk with you. Can I bring my dog?

disneydrmr
06-27-2007, 12:24 PM
Do the chairs you mentioned come with wings and a pilot?

Would balloons and a stuffed Stitch sitting in a stuffed airplane count? :D

marlyn
06-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Would balloons and a stuffed Stitch sitting in a stuffed airplane count? :D

Works for me...SOLD!

I am sitting here looking at vacation sites and find myself wishing I could book a WDW trip, a Mexican all inclusive trip and a Hawaii trip...anyone have any extra money lying around that you are not sure what to do with? I would gladly take it off your hands :D Perhaps we need to go in search of hidden space treasure? Are we still pirates even though we are on a space ship now?

Mickey'sGirl
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
:wine:. Did you know that them expensive wines don't even have a screw-top? They put some kind of cork thingy in 'em.

Ken, have you noticed the huge trend (aussie's in particular) of some of the more expensive ones to be going screwtop? Just seems odd even if it does mean a reduced amount of cork taint in high end wines.
Hey!! That's what I was going to say!! Actually the trend is from New Zealand, and Aussie wines are now following suit.... I still feel cheesy screwing off a cap of a good bottle of wine though... :D
What's up? Just having my morning coffee...

Nascfan
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM

Umm, Jenn, honey, you do know it's after 1:00pm don't you? ;)

pogo
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM

Scott....... are you sure it was after 1:00 PM in Canadian time ? :D

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
I hope she feels better. :thumbsup:

I'll go for a walk with you........ would you carry my golf clubs for me ? :D

:pixie: to help DD with her pain. I will walk with you. Can I bring my dog?

Dogs are always welcomed!

Golf clubs need a cart and I will pulll them then.

Would I look strange walking a dog while pulling a golf cart?

pogo
06-27-2007, 02:23 PM

You make me laugh. :funny: :laughing:

I've never seen Tiger Woods' caddy pulling a golf cart. :confused: But OK...... for you.... OK.:thumbsup:

Do they allow dogs on the golf course's in space ? :D

disneydrmr
06-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Works for me...SOLD!

I am sitting here looking at vacation sites and find myself wishing I could book a WDW trip, a Mexican all inclusive trip and a Hawaii trip...anyone have any extra money lying around that you are not sure what to do with? I would gladly take it off your hands :D Perhaps we need to go in search of hidden space treasure? Are we still pirates even though we are on a space ship now?

I have some spare Monopoly money.. would that help? I've been looking at different vacation sites also in my free time.. I want to book a Hawaii trip (I wanna meet Dog the Bounty Hunter - hey Scott - did you ever find out about his event in August?)... book a trip to one of those Sandals all inclusive resorts.. an Alaskan cruise...and so many others.. so I'm with you if you wanna search out that space treasure! Wasn't one of Stitch's cousins a metal detector?

Nothing much up here...your coffee smells pretty good... got any to share?

You'd look stranger if you were walking the golf cart and pulling the dog.. don't you think?

Christine
06-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Did you know that them expensive wines don't even have a screw-top? They put some kind of cork thingy in 'em.

Wine comes in bottles? I thought it came in a box! :D

Man that is painful. I got mine out about 12 years ago and I remember it VIVIDLY! :pixie: to her...tell her it WILL get better, even if it doesn't seem like it right now!

Where's Big Al?

drummerboy
06-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Ugh, how crude. [quickly slides boxes of wine to back of refrigerator and hides them behind the Grey Poupon]

Man that is painful. I got mine out about 12 years ago and I remember it VIVIDLY! :pixie: to her...tell her it WILL get better, even if it doesn't seem like it right now!
Talk about vivid, I just had my last wisdom tooth pulled within the last year. Now I aren't wise no more. (Well, I dunno--lots of people call me a wise guy. Is that the same thing?)

marlyn
06-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I have some spare Monopoly money.. would that help? I've been looking at different vacation sites also in my free time.. I want to book a Hawaii trip (I wanna meet Dog the Bounty Hunter - hey Scott - did you ever find out about his event in August?)... book a trip to one of those Sandals all inclusive resorts.. an Alaskan cruise...and so many others.. so I'm with you if you wanna search out that space treasure! Wasn't one of Stitch's cousins a metal detector?

Woohoooo we are going on a treasure hunt! What does one where on a treasure hunt? Will I need comfortable shoes?:pirate:

:drama::funny:

Nascfan
06-27-2007, 04:48 PM
Scott....... are you sure it was after 1:00 PM in Canadian time ? :D

Haha! Good point, but since she's east of me, I'm pretty sure it was. Could I be wrong?

alpro2
06-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Where's Big Al?

Ugh, how crude. [quickly slides boxes of wine to back of refrigerator and hides them behind the Grey Poupon]

Here I is (I only have one wisdom toof left). The boxed wine I get has a foil bag inside. This way, the box won't get soggy.

Hump day is almost over. Heading towards the finish line. What's on tap for tomorrow gang?

marlyn
06-27-2007, 06:14 PM
Hump day is almost over. Heading towards the finish line. What's on tap for tomorrow gang?

While you are all preparing for the weekend, I will be returning to work. I work all weekend. It is our Canada Day weekend here on July 1st and I have to work. Only good thing is that I get double time on Canada Day.

I am also working for your July 4th Holiday. Do you think they will pay me double time on July 4th if I explain that I have lots of friends in the US and I want to celebrate with them?

Hope you all have a great weekend.:thumbsup:

Christine
06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
What's on tap for tomorrow gang?

A box of wine??? :D

ElenitaB
06-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi, everyone! Anyone miss me?

I've been really, really busy at work (yes, it's only hump day and I've already worked my required hours for the week). It's all good though... forging foward on my intranet redesign and other projects. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to post a link for you all to see me (hope you don't faint from the fright) in a new firm video. It's up internally... waiting for it to be put on our external site. Last night my manager invited me and Ben into the city for dinner. Ben, of course, chose Bubba Gump right in the heart of Times Square. What else? Today I had Jury Duty. It took a gazillion hours to go downtown by bus (late buses and a loooong ride there). I've been excused for two years thanks to a letter from my doctor. I'm looking forward to being healthy again and to be able to serve.

So who can do the Reader's Digest version for me?

On tap for me tomorrow is 1600 mg of gemcitabine, some Aloxi and a yucky steroid. No screw tops... only a screwy patient. :crazy:

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 09:21 PM

:drama::funny:
I thought it came in a six-pack.:confused:

On tap for me tomorrow is 1600 mg of gemcitabine, some Aloxi and a yucky steroid. No screw tops... only a screwy patient. :crazy:

Ellen,
I've been wondering where you've been. Good luck tomorrow.
Would you rather have your wine in a box of a six pack?:D

disneydeb
06-27-2007, 09:42 PM
You'd look stranger if you were walking the golf cart and pulling the dog.. don't you think?

:rotfl::laughing::funny:

I'm having an annual ultrasound on my "good" carotid artery. Before my heart surgery six years ago, I found that one of my carotid arteries was 100% blocked. Now I have to go see if the other one is closing off, so I can have surgery to prevent a massive stroke. I've had a small stroke that effects my left hand. You have probably noticed that when I key, my left hand seems to have a mind of its own. I don't know why it closed at such an early age, my mother's did the same thing.:confused:

Does anyone want their dog walked?:D

Christine
06-27-2007, 10:28 PM
I have! I remembered you said you were going to the city this week. I can't imagine just nonchallantly strolling into Times Square whenever I felt like it! That's gotta be cool!

Good luck with your treatment tomorrow. So will you be bouncing off the walls again tomorrow night?? :eyes:

I'm having an annual ultrasound on my "good" carotid artery. Before my heart surgery six years ago, I found that one of my carotid arteries was 100% blocked. Now I have to go see if the other one is closing off, so I can have surgery to prevent a massive stroke. I've had a small stroke that effects my left hand. You have probably noticed that when I key, my left hand seems to have a mind of its own. I don't know why it closed at such an early age, my mother's did the same thing.:confused:

Wow, Deb! I didn't know you had been through all of this! I will say a prayer tonight that your ultrasound shows one big empty artery tomorrow!

Dsnygirl
06-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Hi all... just zooping in before bed while I finish my :marg:... did I ask recently if this is becoming a bad habit??? :D

I am holding out hope for you, too - even if it's just some crazy seat sale that allows you down for the wknd, and not the week. That's all we'll be there for - Thurs - Sun - but even if you can't make it, you'll still be there w/ us...

How's Wednesday going for everybody?
It was a nice, quiet day... probably b/c I spent half of it sleeping... :blush: ... but all told, it's come to a nice finish! (must be that :marg:...)

Are we still pirates even though we are on a space ship now?
I sure hope so!! Space pirates sounds good! :pirate:

Wine comes in bottles? I thought it came in a box!

Housework, errands, putt-putt with the girls... probably another margarita night & a movie...

On tap for me tomorrow is 1600 mg of gemcitabine, some Aloxi and a yucky steroid. No screw tops... only a screwy patient.
We sure did miss you!! Good luck tomorrow - I hope it all goes well!! And your not screwy - at least not more than any of the rest of us, from what I can see! (Which isn't much... I think I overpoured that margarita...:crazy:)

Good luck tomorrow, too, Deb, with your carotid ultrasound - I hope it's all okay and you can come celebrate with us later! :fingers:

drummerboy
06-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Did I mention that we still have an infirmary on board? It's right next to the bakery.

Any JQers that haven't been to Pogo's "Today is..." thread on the Watercooler need to get up there and see his new look (heck, I never saw the old look).

We had our first rehearsal with the band (well, most of the band) tonight and it wasn't too bad, although I thought I was going to go into whisper mode with the number of times they had the chorus go over parts where I have to sing some verrrry high notes (and I'm a bass/baritone).

On tap tomorrow is just plain work, followed by a band rehearsal with the choral group that's singing for the Fourth.

Did I tell you I named my new fish? Gill.
:drummer:

It's really neat when you can do your own bada-bing.

ElenitaB
06-27-2007, 11:56 PM
I thought it came in a six-pack.:confused:
That's actually a four-pack. :blush:

Good luck with your treatment tomorrow. So will you be bouncing off the walls again tomorrow night?? :eyes:
More than likely!

Deb, good luck with the ultrasound tomorrow.

Do you think that there are still pirates working in the infirmary?

Beast_fanatic
06-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I hope your rain stops. May we send you a :boat: just in case? :D

Yes, please. :blush: It's still raining :rain: off and on, and there's more and more flooding taking place all over the area. :( We have at least a 50% chance of rain in the forecast through Saturday, and after that there's still chances of rain every day through the 4th.

Do you think Mikki washed away? :unsure:

:pixie: to all that need it!

marlyn
06-28-2007, 12:50 AM
I'm having an annual ultrasound on my "good" carotid artery. Before my heart surgery six years ago, I found that one of my carotid arteries was 100% blocked. Now I have to go see if the other one is closing off, so I can have surgery to prevent a massive stroke. I've had a small stroke that effects my left hand. You have probably noticed that when I key, my left hand seems to have a mind of its own.

:pixie: for a good ultrasound report. I will be thinking of you!

Hi, everyone! Anyone miss me?On tap for me tomorrow is 1600 mg of gemcitabine, some Aloxi and a yucky steroid.

I always miss you! :D Sending :pixie: for you for tomorrow and hugs too.

Hi all... just zooping in before bed while I finish my :marg:... did I ask recently if this is becoming a bad habit???

I have the same habit! :blush:

I am holding out hope for you, too - even if it's just some crazy seat sale that allows you down for the wknd, and not the week. That's all we'll be there for - Thurs - Sun - but even if you can't make it, you'll still be there w/ us...

Thanks...sometimes I wish I didn't live so far away. I wonder how much it would cost to own my own jet?

Any JQers that haven't been to Pogo's "Today is..." thread on the Watercooler need to get up there and see his new look (heck, I never saw the old look).

Running off to look now...

Yes, please. :blush: It's still raining :rain: off and on, and there's more and more flooding taking place all over the area. :( We have at least a 50% chance of rain in the forecast through Saturday, and after that there's still chances of rain every day through the 4th.

Isn't it supposed to be hot and dry in Texas?

trackbarroness
06-28-2007, 04:52 AM
I'd guess yes but it looks like here in Florida has Texas weather. Looks like I wasn't the only one who did some sleeping in yesterday and taking a few naps through the course of the day. Did anyone else have a Dinsey kind of day? :cool:

pogo
06-28-2007, 07:33 AM
Good morning all. Hope you all slept well.

Thanks buddy............ want to see the old look ? Look at this from our trip in April 2007....http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2969356080092087367ePjUGi

Hi all... just zooping in before bed while I finish my :marg:... did I ask recently if this is becoming a bad habit??? Only if you think it is. Do you like frozen or regular ? :D

Now I know why you are pushing veggies ! Good luck with your ultrasound.:thumbsup:
Does this mean you can't caddy for me today ?:confused:

On tap for me tomorrow is 1600 mg of gemcitabine, some Aloxi and a yucky steroid. No screw tops... only a screwy patient. Yummmmmm..... good stuff. Does it come in a six pack or a box ?
Good luck with your treatment. :hug:

Do you think Mikki washed away?

I hope not...... I sent her a boat already.

Thanks...sometimes I wish I didn't live so far away. I wonder how much it would cost to own my own jet?
I'm not sure....... Why can't Ken just divert the spaceship and take us all there?:D

alpro2
06-28-2007, 07:35 AM

Yesterday was shaved head day so I wonder what "Today" will be? Hopefully it won't be "Wear a dress" day. :drummer: bar-rum-bump!

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM

Scott....... are you sure it was after 1:00 PM in Canadian time ? :DBeggar's can't be chooser's on a Wednesday! It was the first chance I had!!

Talk about vivid, I just had my last wisdom tooth pulled within the last year. Now I aren't wise no more. (Well, I dunno--lots of people call me a wise guy. Is that the same thing?)Proud to say I have all mine. I will be wise for all of you wiseacres.....

Hi, everyone! Anyone miss me? :here: ! I had heard about the power outage in Manhattan and the Bronx -- I was hoping your time in the city wasn't disrupted! I hope you had fun at your dinner!!

I'm having an annual ultrasound on my "good" carotid artery. ....Does anyone want their dog walked? Good luck with everything Deb. Can you come and walk both of my doggies? They don't pull...much.

It's really neat when you can do your own bada-bing.Just like in Nemo....(voiced by the ever cool Willem Dafoe)

Yesterday was shaved head day so I wonder what "Today" will be? Hopefully it won't be "Wear a dress" day. :drummer: bar-rum-bump! Is Ken doing the bada-bings for you Big Al??

alpro2
06-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Is Ken doing the bada-bings for you Big Al??
I guess I have to thank Bladder Babe, uh I mean, Christine, for the new nickname. :thedolls:

Now is it bada-bing because I am an I-talian, or does the drums actually sound like that? :D

Dsnygirl
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Good morning all. Hope you all slept well.

Only if you think it is. Do you like frozen or regular ?

I wish I could say we slept well... :bored:... but I think that margarita last night actually did NOT help the sleeping. Guess it'll have to be some warm milk tonight... :ack:

(And I like them frozen OR regular... any flavor... salt or no salt... My friend who lives near you in Farmington makes a KILLER :marg:... no mix, just lime juice, tequila and triple sec... it'll knock you over!! :faint: :D)

Hope everyone's having a good beginning to their Thursday... it's supposed to really cool off here today, so that'll be nice... today's an errands and housework kind of day, maybe a little putt-putt w/ the girls later... what's everyone else got in store??

disneydrmr
06-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Happy morning all! I'm zooping in for my daily visit!

Woohoooo we are going on a treasure hunt! What does one where on a treasure hunt? Will I need comfortable shoes?

Well, since this treasure hunt is in space I guess we need to wear Lederhosen Spacesuit treasure hunting gear! And some comfortable hiking space boots will be necessary. Hmmm.. the only problem I foresee is the whole lack of gravity thing... are we sure the x will remain in one spot?

I am also working for your July 4th Holiday. Do you think they will pay me double time on July 4th if I explain that I have lots of friends in the US and I want to celebrate with them?

You can always try! Make sure you wear some red/white and blue, and maybe light a few sparklers.. that will show them that you really are celebrating with us!

I missed you! Glad you are ok. Good luck with the treatment.

Does anyone want their dog walked?:D

Good luck! Praying that the artery is 100% open! SURE! You can walk both my doggies! Can you also groom them? Brush their teeth?

It's really neat when you can do your own bada-bing.

Yeah, especially for such a corny joke...

Do you think that there are still pirates working in the infirmary?

Nope, no pirates in the infirmary.. sorry.. but we do have several of Stitch's experiment cousins working the space ship for your comfort and needs.

Yesterday was shaved head day so I wonder what "Today" will be? Hopefully it won't be "Wear a dress" day.

According to one greeting card site - today is "Handshake Day".. :hands: So get out there, shake some hands and remember to use your Purell sanitizer!

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Now is it bada-bing because I am an I-talian, or does the drums actually sound like that? :D
I always thought of them more like
Ba-dum-bum
Our resident drummer will need to confirm.

What kinda cookies does one eat with boxed wine?:confused::confused:

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2007, 08:48 AM
You can walk both my doggies! Can you also groom them? Brush their teeth? Does my lifetime clipper ban apply to dogs outside my home?

disneydeb
06-28-2007, 09:15 AM
Good luck! Praying that the artery is 100% open! SURE! You can walk both my doggies! Can you also groom them? Brush their teeth?

Of course I'll take care of the pupsters! I'm sure I can borrow a brush from a 57 year old who no longer needs one and maybe BIG AL will offer his tooth brush!:D

What is POGO's real name?

Dsnygirl
06-28-2007, 09:17 AM
What kinda cookies does one eat with boxed wine?:confused:

Box cookies?? :D

No, really!! Here's the recipe:

Swedish Ice Box Cookies

INGREDIENTS
1 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons caraway seed
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 cups chopped walnuts

DIRECTIONS
In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light. Stir in the eggs and vanilla.
In another medium bowl, combine the caraway seeds, flour and nuts. Add to the butter mixture and blend well.
Form dough into a long roll and wrap with plastic wrap or waxed paper. Chill for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheet.
Thinly slice the chilled dough and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.

Sound good??

Enjoy!! :D

disneydrmr
06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
Hey - anyone know what part of England Mikki is from? I know she was talking about being on a river, and it rising.. just read this on the net...

Flood-hit UK braced for more rain
Many parts of the country are still affected by flooding
Britain is set to be hit by more heavy rain following severe floods which claimed the lives of four people.
Forecasters say up 50mm of rain could fall in parts of the country on Saturday, and the Met Office has issued an early warning of severe weather.

The Environment Agency estimated today that more than 3,000 properties in the UK have been flooded.

Fire crews have been working non-stop and have rescued around 3,500 people this week.

The Fire Brigades Union (FBU) chief has described the rescue effort as the "biggest in peacetime Britain".

Other developments:

More than 350 people have been evacuated from their homes in north Doncaster after the River Don burst its banks, flooding villages, including Bentley

FBU General Secretary Matt Wrack said the fire service had received more than 7,300 calls to flood-related incidents on Monday and Tuesday and warned it was being stretched to the "point of collapse".

Hundreds of families in the worst-hit areas are still unable to return to their homes and thousands are still without power.

This week's floods have been most severe in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the Midlands.

The Queen has expressed her shock at the devastation caused by the flooding. She said her thoughts were with people who had lost family, friends and homes.

And Prince Charles intends to visit flood victims on Friday.

A huge operation has been undertaken to pump out water from the reservoir behind the Ulley dam and reinforce the embankment.

The M1 reopened as a result but police warned it could be closed again at short notice if the risk from the dam increased.

About 1,300 people affected by flooding across South Yorkshire spent their third night away from home on Wednesday.

Families from Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield slept in refuges including local schools and student residences.

Some residents who live downstream from the Ulley Dam, near Rotherham were told they could return home on Thursday as the risk of a breach subsided.

The Environment Agency has in place 12 severe flood warnings and 67 standard flood warnings.

disneydrmr
06-28-2007, 09:34 AM
What kinda cookies does one eat with boxed wine?

Wouldn't it depend on what type of wine you are serving? You know.. is it a fruity wine? A Merlot? A 'desert' wine....

Does my lifetime clipper ban apply to dogs outside my home?

Um, maybe I better speak to someone about this clipper ban.. is Brian available?

Of course I'll take care of the pupsters! I'm sure I can borrow a brush from a 57 year old who no longer needs one and maybe BIG AL will offer his tooth brush!:D

Oh yeah! We know that Big Al LOVES doggies and I'm sure he would just LOVE to lend us his toothbrush for this effort! In fact, let's borrow his toothbrush to brush all the JQ doggies teeth and we can also borrow Big Al's hairbrush for the grooming of all the JQ doggies also! I was gonna say we could borrow his nail clippers also for nail clipping of said JQ doggies, but that might be getting a bit pushy on Big Al's generosity - don't you think? :D

disneydeb
06-28-2007, 09:48 AM
Oh yeah! We know that Big Al LOVES doggies and I'm sure he would just LOVE to lend us his toothbrush for this effort! In fact, let's borrow his toothbrush to brush all the JQ doggies teeth and we can also borrow Big Al's hairbrush for the grooming of all the JQ doggies also! I was gonna say we could borrow his nail clippers also for nail clipping of said JQ doggies, but that might be getting a bit pushy on Big Al's generosity - don't you think? :D

OK, YOOOHOOO, A L E X !
May we ? ummm Could we? umm We need your tooth brush, clippers, and hairbrush.:D

Has Mikki been around in the last few hours?

offwego
06-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Hi, everyone! Anyone miss me?On tap for me tomorrow is 1600 mg of gemcitabine, some Aloxi and a yucky steroid. No screw tops... only a screwy patient. :crazy: We always miss you. I hope your treatment goes well.

We had our first rehearsal with the band (well, most of the band) tonight and it wasn't too bad, although I thought I was going to go into whisper mode with the number of times they had the chorus go over parts where I have to sing some verrrry high notes (and I'm a bass/baritone/QUOTE]
The vision of you trying to do smokey robinson is quite funny. too bad we don't have audio right gang?
[QUOTE=disneydrmr;1337104] And some comfortable hiking space boots will be necessary. According to one greeting card site - today is "Handshake Day".. :hands: So get out there, shake some hands and remember to use your Purell sanitizer!
No comfy shoes please. I have a huge meeting today I'll be all handshook out.

I always thought of them more like
Ba-dum-bum
Our resident drummer will need to confirm.

What kinda cookies does one eat with boxed wine?:confused::confused: savory biscotti?

Wouldn't it depend on what type of wine you are serving? You know.. is it a fruity wine? A Merlot?
Have you tried icewine?

pogo
06-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I guess I have to thank Bladder Babe, uh I mean, Christine, for the new nickname.
I think the nickname should stick ! Don't you Big Al ? :D

(And I like them frozen OR regular... any flavor... salt or no salt... My friend who lives near you in Farmington makes a KILLER :marg:... no mix, just lime juice, tequila and triple sec... it'll knock you over!!

Maybe We'll have to have you and your friend out here to try mine........ please bring a driver with you. :D

Yesterday was shaved head day so I wonder what "Today" will be? Hopefully it won't be "Wear a dress" day. :drummer: bar-rum-bump!
If I thought it would make my Mom feel better, I'd wear a dress today and every day. :D

You can always try! Make sure you wear some red/white and blue, and maybe light a few sparklers.. that will show them that you really are celebrating with us!
Do they have a fourth of July in Canada ?

What is POGO's real name?
You can have my brush and my comb....... but not my washcloth.

And pogo's real name is Tom..... but you can call him pogo. :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Do they have a fourth of July in Canada ?Yessssssss...and a 5th, 6th and 7th too! Alas, we do not celebrate Indepence with our Cousins on the 4th.... we are content to remain members of the Empire. We can celebrate the fact that we have :marg: and :beer: with you on the 4th if you wish. What can I bring?

pogo
06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Yessssssss...and a 5th, 6th and 7th too! Alas, we do not celebrate Indepence with our Cousins on the 4th.... we are content to remain members of the Empire. We can celebrate the fact that we have :marg: and :beer: with you on the 4th if you wish. What can I bring? You can bring Brian, Harry and Euan. Nothing more or less. When can we expect you to pull into our driveway ? :confused:

Oh...... also....... bring your bathing suits. :D

alpro2
06-28-2007, 04:45 PM
(in a dark corner all by myself whispering...."Big Al" aye? I wonder if I am eating too many cookies? Or is it because I am 6'2''....yeah that's it, I am tall.")

Anybody have any extra cookies? :D

Originally Posted by disneydeb
May we ? ummm Could we? umm We need your tooth brush, clippers, and hairbrush.

NO! But you can borrow some pink golf balls.

Originally Posted by pogo
Maybe We'll have to have you and your friend out here to try mine........ please bring a driver with you.

Ooooh, can I come too? I love :marg:'s. You want me to bring my driver? Why are we going to be hitting golf balls?

By the way, what is Pogo's real name? :D

dlpmikki
06-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Hey - anyone know what part of England Mikki is from? I know she was talking about being on a river, and it rising.. just read this on the net...

Hundreds of families in the worst-hit areas are still unable to return to their homes and thousands are still without power.

This week's floods have been most severe in Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and the Midlands.

The Environment Agency has in place 12 severe flood warnings and 67 standard flood warnings.

You almost have better info than we do! I live in Lincolnshire which has been badly hit. The waters on the river near us went very high but did not quite overflow thankfully. Two days with little rain has seen the levels drop but the rain forecast for the weekend will fill it right back up!

Has Mikki been around in the last few hours?

I'm back now. Have I missed something again? :blush:

Anyway - I'm off to bed in a few minutes. Have a good evening all!

Christine
06-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi all! I just got home. I took DD to her friend's house for VBS at 7:30. She is spending the night with her tonight, so I won't have any kiddo to worry about til tomorrow! So I drove out of the driveway after dropping her off, then accidentally drove over to Tyler to shop all day! :secret: I was SOOOOO tempted to drive on to Dallas, but I have bunko tonight, so I had to be back by 6:30.

I was LONG overdue for some retail therapy. But guess what I bought? A ton of stuff for OLIVIA! Happens every time...:shrug:

I guess I have to thank Bladder Babe, uh I mean, Christine, for the new nickname. :thedolls:

You're welcome! :fresh:

Does my lifetime clipper ban apply to dogs outside my home?

You're welcome to take a whack at my poodle if you want to. The groomers cut his HAT off at his last appt! Have you EVER seen a poodle with no top notch? He looks like Mr. T!
Poor thing...I pity the fool! :D

Hey...what's pogo's real name? :funny:

disneydeb
06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
NO! But you can borrow some pink golf balls.
Why woul I want pink golf balls?

By the way, what is Pogo's real name? :D
His real name is Tom, but we can call him Bongo... Am I channeling Dori?

You almost have better info than we do! I live in Lincolnshire which has been badly hit. The waters on the river near us went very high but did not quite overflow thankfully. Two days with little rain has seen the levels drop but the rain forecast for the weekend will fill it right back up!

I just missed you! I became concerned about you, Andrew and Figaro.

[/QUOTE]

Ken, could I have a drum roll please?:drum:

My good carotid artery is good for another year!

AND I've been cleared to ride Mision Space and whatever else I want in October!

Yay! I'm doin' the HAPPY DANCE!!:joy::woohoo::yay::trio:

Christine
06-28-2007, 06:08 PM

That's wonderful news! :cheer:

I better go get ready for bunko tonight. Wish me luck... I haven't won in the longest time!!!

Do you think a dice game can be fixed?? :scratch:

ElenitaB
06-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Yummmmmm..... good stuff. Does it come in a six pack or a box ?
Convenient bags! It's just getting it in the body that's the issue. Wish I could just chugalug! ;)

Box cookies?? :D

No, really!! Here's the recipe:

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Swedish Ice Box Cookies
We used to make those but a different version... not Swedish. Considering where I grew up, it would have been a NY melting pot version: Italian, Irish and Jewish.

Mikki, glad to hear that you are all okay. I've been a bit worried. How's your deck and property doing?

His real name is Tom, but we can call him Bongo... Am I channeling Dori?
Pogo, you actually look like a Tom. Isn't it funny how some people "fit" their names so well?

Woo hoo! Dancing with you! :dance: While you're on Soarin' and Everest, I'll watch your stuff.

So we have a few national holidays on tap for next week: Canada Day on Monday for our friends north of the border, and then the 4th for the rest of us. Anyone making a long vacation of it? (I have off on Tuesday and Wednesday... thinking about taking Thursday off and maybe Friday. It's my "week off" from chemo so this might be a nice rest.)

Christine
06-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Woo hoo! Dancing with you! :dance: While you're on Soarin' and Everest, I'll watch your stuff.

I'll go on Soarin' with her, but I will help you watch her stuff when she is on Everest! :chicken: :blush: :secret:

What would you do for a Klondike Bar???

Nascfan
06-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Are we going on Soarin'? I LOVE SOARIN'!

Dsnygirl
06-28-2007, 08:16 PM
You can bring Brian, Harry and Euan. Nothing more or less. When can we expect you to pull into our driveway ? :confused:

Oh...... also....... bring your bathing suits. :D
Is that an open invitation? Wish I could take you up on it - your margarita offer sounds wonderful. Alas, I am working the night of the 3rd, so sleeping part of the 4th... but I'll be up in time for a picnic and fireworks!!

Anyway - I'm off to bed in a few minutes. Have a good evening all!
Mikki, I'm glad to hear your still in your own home and not on a boat somewhere... good luck with the rains this weekend! I hope your pier - I mean deck ;) - withstands the next bout of water!!

I better go get ready for bunko tonight. Wish me luck... I haven't won in the longest time!!!

Good luck!! I've never played, but I've heard it's fun... are you playing for Disney Dollars?? :D

Just about anything, at the moment... :blush:

Me too!! Can I sit up front???

Hope everyone's Thursday has been nice - mine wasn't the greatest, but for no particular reason - just a few stressful things going on today. I'm looking forward to waking up to a new start tomorrow - if anyone could spare a little pixie dust to send our way, that'd be great... :)

alpro2
06-28-2007, 09:06 PM

Great news! Now, you are not going to chicken out and do the Non-spinning version (Green Team?) of M:S are you?

Originally Posted by Dsnygirl
...if anyone could spare a little pixie dust to send our way, that'd be great... :)

How about a few more :marg:? :thedolls: I'm such a smart-alex, ain't I?

pogo
06-28-2007, 09:17 PM
Hi everybody...... anybody seen Big Al ? I want him to see my dress. :D

You're welcome to take a whack at my poodle if you want to.
Can I take a whack at your poodle ? :D

Our prayers have been answered once again.

Do you have to look out for the "Bunko Squad" ? :D

Pogo, you actually look like a Tom. Isn't it funny how some people "fit" their names so well?
Errr......... thanks I think........ did you see the before or after picture ?

I'll go on Soarin' with her, but I will help you watch her stuff when she is on Everest!
Would you ride EE with me if I came down in October ?;)

Is that an open invitation? Wish I could take you up on it - your margarita offer sounds wonderful. Alas, I am working the night of the 3rd, so sleeping part of the 4th... but I'll be up in time for a picnic and fireworks!!

Your family has an open invitation to come out and swim any time. PM me for my address and telephone number. :D

mtown71
06-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Hey everyone! Just thought I would zoop in to say hi while I am getting ready to leave work. I am too tired to read all the posts for the past couple days so I will need a reader's digest version. I am so looking forward to the weekend.
Anyone want to share some key lime pie with me??

alpro2
06-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Take him up on it Christine. Maybe then Pogo will have to come with us to the Intercot bash. ;)

Is it really from the Keys?

pogo
06-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Take him up on it Christine. Maybe then Pogo will have to come with us to the Intercot bash. ;)
I'm trying to find a way to be there........ I was wondering ......... if I were to come to the Intercot bash, could we play a round of golf together........... BIG AL ? :D

disneydeb
06-28-2007, 10:53 PM
That's wonderful news!

Do you think a dice game can be fixed??

Thanks! Dice can be fixed if they are broken. Are yours broken?:D

Wish I could just chugalug!

Thanks for watching my stuff. This is the first trip in quite a while I've been given the OK to ride all I wanted! I'll probably ride till I'm sick!:D
Soon we will let you chug a lug as much as you want. I promise. Do you think maybe in October you'll be ready for a Lapu Lapu?
I'll abstain and be your designated driver.:D
Can you see me driving the bus?
Beep- Beep, Piglet!:bus:

I'll go on Soarin' with her, but I will help you watch her stuff when she is on Everest!

I won't chicken out on Everest OR Soarin'!Thanks for riding with me!
A Klondike bar does sound good right now!:thumbsup:

Yes! Hop On!

Mikki, I'm glad to hear your still in your own home and not on a boat somewhere... good luck with the rains this weekend! I hope your pier - I mean deck - withstands the next bout of water!!

Good luck!! I've never played, but I've heard it's fun... are you playing for Disney Dollars??

Just about anything, at the moment...

Me too!! Can I sit up front???

Hope everyone's Thursday has been nice - mine wasn't the greatest, but for no particular reason - just a few stressful things going on today. I'm looking forward to waking up to a new start tomorrow - if anyone could spare a little pixie dust to send our way, that'd be great...
Here's some spare dust from me!:pixie:

Great news! Now, you are not going to chicken out and do the Non-spinning version (Green Team?) of M:S are you?

I'll probably start out slow, then move to the big guns!

Hey everyone! Just thought I would zoop in to say hi while I am getting ready to leave work. I am too tired to read all the posts for the past couple days so I will need a reader's digest version. I am so looking forward to the weekend.
Yes! Thanks!

and pogo thanks for the yearly prayer!:D

Dsnygirl
06-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Your family has an open invitation to come out and swim any time. PM me for my address and telephone number.
I will do that - I'd really love to meet you & Patti! Although I'll hardly recognize you w/ the new "do" - I like it, though!! Very nice of you to do... :thumbsup: And you'll have to let us know when you'll be here in July... the invite to Carrabbas (sp?) is still on... :D

How about a few more :marg:? I'm such a smart-alex, ain't I?
But you've got nice legs, so you're forgiven... ;)

I'm trying to find a way to be there........
All the way from Albequerque?? That'd be some feat, but AWESOME... it'd be great if you guys could make it. How about hiring a Lear??

This is the first trip in quite a while I've been given the OK to ride all I wanted! I'll probably ride till I'm sick!:D
I won't chicken out on Everest OR Soarin'!Thanks for riding with me!

Deb, I'm so glad to hear that your u/s went okay - what GREAT news!! I'll ride w/ you on everything as much as you want!! :D

Hope everyone's having a good night - things are a little better here, just a few bugs to work out re: the girls' school next year, etc... but so far, so good. (And no, Alex, no :marg: were involved... :))

Off to bed... have a good sleep, everybody!!

drummerboy
06-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Good night all. Anybody glad tomorrow's Friday?

Beast_fanatic
06-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Congrats on the carotid news, Deb! :yay:

So we have a few national holidays on tap for next week: Canada Day on Monday for our friends north of the border, and then the 4th for the rest of us. Anyone making a long vacation of it?

:here: Me! I'm off Monday through Wednesday! :muscles: Although I'm sure my boss will try to talk me out of it. :rolleyes:

Did I mention that I'm now in the double-digits in my countdown to my October trip? :woohoo: And, I finally even made a few dining ressies.

ElenitaB
06-29-2007, 02:04 AM
Hope everyone's Thursday has been nice - mine wasn't the greatest, but for no particular reason - just a few stressful things going on today. I'm looking forward to waking up to a new start tomorrow - if anyone could spare a little pixie dust to send our way, that'd be great... :)
Always have a supply on hand for my friends. Here's a nice glow-in-the-dark batch :pixie:

Errr......... thanks I think........ did you see the before or after picture ?
It's good, I've never met a Tom I didn't like.

I am too tired to read all the posts for the past couple days so I will need a reader's digest version. I am so looking forward to the weekend.
I asked for the RD version too... maybe with two requests, someone will take pity on us.

Is it really from the Keys?'
For you, we'll stick a key in it... kind of like the plastic baby they put in King Cakes. The finder has to tell the next joke.

Soon we will let you chug a lug as much as you want. I promise. Do you think maybe in October you'll be ready for a Lapu Lapu? [/Quote}
I'll be ready (heck, I'm ready today), but I sure hope that my docs will think I'm ready too! I need a good :thedolls:-be-gone spell! I'll be sure to share with Pogo's mom too!

[QUOTE=drummerboy;1338055]Good night all. Anybody glad tomorrow's Friday?
Do you mean today? (Yes, I'm still wired... using the time well... just one more article and the next issue of my newsletter is done!)

Did I mention that I'm now in the double-digits in my countdown to my October trip? :woohoo: And, I finally even made a few dining ressies.
You're putting me to shame. I haven't made my plane reservations yet. (Just where are those vouchers that Delta sent me last year for my incision opening up thanks to them?) I also found out this afternoon that I might have to stay home on Thursday, the 11th, for a big firm dinner that I'll be helping to organize (I'm taking over the project with my manager for next year... this year is the transition year).

Who's making the coffee in the morning? I could use a Venti when I settle back down to work in a few hours, thank you!

dlpmikki
06-29-2007, 04:46 AM
Well the rains are back. I haven't been down to look at our deck/pier yet :( I did manage to mow the grass yesterday so it does not look like a forest any more. Forecast for the next 3 days is more and more rain. I suspect my tennis match tomorrow will berained off.

Sounds like we are going to do lots of fun rides together at the meet! For those who don't go on everest maybe we should arrange something to amuse them while they wait? Like a showing of star wars films perhaps? :thedolls:

Anybody got fun plans for the weekend once they get today over with?

alpro2
06-29-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm trying to find a way to be there........ I was wondering ......... if I were to come to the Intercot bash, could we play a round of golf together........... BIG AL ? :D
Sounds good, Tommy! :D Maybe you could fly one of those balloons to WDW.

But you've got nice legs, so you're forgiven... ;)

....(And no, Alex, no :marg: were involved... :))

Still need to make ADRs. Where should I dine?

Sounds like we are going to do lots of fun rides together at the meet! For those who don't go on everest maybe we should arrange something to amuse them while they wait? Like a showing of star wars films perhaps? :thedolls:
Here, here! I second that. All 6 episodes - uncut, unedited, with no commercial interuptions.

So, who is waiting on line today for the new iphone?

disneydeb
06-29-2007, 08:01 AM
:pixie:Morning All!:pixie:

Here's some rain-be-gone :pixie: for Mikki!

Some feel better and good health :pixie: for Pogo's mom.

Some worry-be-gone and good health :pixie:for Ellen.

And some general :pixie: for anyone else who needs any!

I'm still feeling like I'm walking down Main Street and have Pixie dust to spare!

Happy Friday and God Bless Everyone!

Can we have a group hug now?:grouphug:

pogo
06-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone...... what a beautifull day to be alive ! Everybody sleep well ?

and pogo thanks for the yearly prayer!
You'll get one every morning and every night.

I will do that - I'd really love to meet you & Patti! Although I'll hardly recognize you w/ the new "do" - I like it, though!! Very nice of you to do... And you'll have to let us know when you'll be here in July... the invite to Carrabbas (sp?) is still on...

All the way from Albequerque?? That'd be some feat, but AWESOME... it'd be great if you guys could make it. How about hiring a Lear??I don't know if it's possible or not, but Southwest has a RT for $195. I just don't know if DW would want me to be leaving her in ABQ.

It's good, I've never met a Tom I didn't like.
Aw shucks........ thanks Ellen. :blush:

I'll be ready (heck, I'm ready today), but I sure hope that my docs will think I'm ready too! I need a good :thedolls:-be-gone spell! I'll be sure to share with Pogo's mom too!
Thanks Deb.

Sounds like we are going to do lots of fun rides together at the meet! For those who don't go on everest maybe we should arrange something to amuse them while they wait? Like a showing of star wars films perhaps?

HEAR THAT CHRISTINE ?

Sounds good, Tommy! Maybe you could fly one of those balloons to WDW.
Do you think I'd make it all the way to Orlando ?:confused:

Some feel better and good health :pixie: for Pogo's mom.

I'm still feeling like I'm walking down Main Street and have Pixie dust to spare!

Can we have a group hug now?:grouphug: Hey...... I'm always up for a :grouphug:

How much pixie dust do you have anyways ? :D

Mickey'sGirl
06-29-2007, 09:39 AM
You're welcome to take a whack at my poodle if you want to. The groomers cut his HAT off at his last appt! Have you EVER seen a poodle with no top notch? He looks like Mr. T!
Poor thing...I pity the fool!

Can I take a whack at your poodle ?
Please -- no poodle whacking on my watch! I think I can fit your poodle in at 3:30 -- after all I am only banned from clipping DOGS..... :D

:drum:

AND I've been cleared to ride Mision Space and whatever else I want in October! Terrific news ... but I will NOT be joining you on Mission Space. We can do a drop on the TofT if you want though?

So we have a few national holidays on tap for next week: Canada Day on Monday for our friends north of the border, and then the 4th for the rest of us. Way to be Internationally aware Ellen! Long weekend for this babe!

I'm looking forward to waking up to a new start tomorrow - if anyone could spare a little pixie dust to send our way, that'd be great... :sing: There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....and Tomorrow is just a dream away!!! :sing:

Did I mention that I'm now in the double-digits in my countdown to my October trip?
How many do I have left Rhonda?

Well the rains are back. I haven't been down to look at our deck/pier yet I am thinking of you and Andrew and Figaro ... :pixie: for a drought..

Happy Friday everyone!

offwego
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Anyone want to share some key lime pie with me?? Where's Di when we need her? And is there still pie? That's my ll time fave.

Ya know I really have been wanting to go to this, but if we are wrecking a pefrectly good trip with a golf game I might start to feel better about this.

Good night all. Anybody glad tomorrow's Friday?
you have no idea!!!!

I'll be ready (heck, I'm ready today), but I sure hope that my docs will think I'm ready too! I need a good :thedolls:-be-gone spell! I'll be sure to share with Pogo's mom too!Who's making the coffee in the morning? I could use a Venti when I settle back down to work in a few hours, thank you!
here's a venti...sumatra ok? and I sure hope you have a wonderful time and it's great that your doctors are thinking it will be good for you as well.

pogo
06-29-2007, 10:19 AM
Ya know I really have been wanting to go to this, but if we are wrecking a pefrectly good trip with a golf game I might start to feel better about this.
I doubt it will happen...... but if it does, your invited !

Anybody else want to come ?:D

Dsnygirl
06-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Good morning, everybody! Well, today is my "baby's" 6th birthday... as of 2:10 pm, she will officially no longer be 5. :( Where'd the time go??? We're having a party for her tomorrow, and she CAN'T WAIT!! :joy:

Always have a supply on hand for my friends. Here's a nice glow-in-the-dark batch :pixie:

Thank you, thank you!! I think it helped!! :)

Well the rains are back. I haven't been down to look at our deck/pier yet
Anybody got fun plans for the weekend once they get today over with?
Good luck w/ the rains, Mikki - let us know how you are floating - I mean doing... :D
As far as this weekend, tonight I'm having a Lia Sophia jewelry party for a friend of mine who is just starting out... it should be fun... what could go wrong with jewelry, snacks & wine?? (Maybe not a good question to ask... ;)) Then fireworks tonight @ 9:30... two places almost side by side are launching @ the same time!! Yeah!! :fworks:
Then tomorrow is Emma's party, followed by a concert @ a nearby lake and more fireworks... and Sunday, we're going to visit friends for the day. I think I'll need a vacation after the wknd!!

Can we have a group hug now?
Thanks Deb!!

Good morning everyone...... what a beautifull day to be alive ! Everybody sleep well ?

I don't know if it's possible or not, but Southwest has a RT for $195. I just don't know if DW would want me to be leaving her in ABQ.

I actually did sleep well, thank you!!
Well, I'd hate to ask/beg you to leave Patti in NM... don't think she'd like me much when we meet someday... but if you can swing it, it'd be great to have you there!! Could she come, too, or wouldn't she want to?

We can do a drop on the TofT if you want though?
There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow... Shining at the end of every day. There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow... and Tomorrow is just a dream away!!!

Thanks for the song!! Today is definitely a beautiful tomorrow. (???)
I'll join you on ToT... no Mission Space for me, either... :sick:

Hope everyone's having a good Friday! Did I ask a question answering all those quotes??

Christine
06-29-2007, 02:43 PM

I'm so sorry you had a bad day yesterday! Hope today is going much better! :hug:

Sorry. I wouldn't ride that thing with Capt. Jack Sparrow himself! :nope:

And, I finally even made a few dining ressies.

Where ya gonna eat???

I haven't made my plane reservations yet. (Just where are those vouchers that Delta sent me last year for my incision opening up thanks to them?)

Ellen, you better get those vouchers found and get booked!

:sing: La la la la la la la...I'm not listening to you! :noevil:

I think I can fit your poodle in at 3:30 -- after all I am only banned from clipping DOGS..... :D

Are you saying my poodle is not a real dog, or do you know that he doesn't consider himself one??? The spoiled little toot!

As I predicted, I didn't win again last night at bunko. But we did discuss going to next year's national bunko tournament in Vegas!!! If we do it, my luck better turn around fast or I'll be on the very next plane home!

Jasper
06-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi there!! How is everyone? I really don't have anything to say right now, I am just checking in because I have not had time to get on the boards all week. (Ok, I know that the nothing to say comment is just setting you all up so feel free to jump on it!!)

I am going to try to back up a few pages and get the general lay of the land. However, if anyone wants to give me the 30 second update I would welcome that as well!!:D

marlyn
06-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Sorry. I wouldn't ride that thing with Capt. Jack Sparrow himself! :nope:

But he would have to put his arm around you and hold you close to keep you safe! That is enough to get me on the ride! :D

Good morning, everybody! Well, today is my "baby's" 6th birthday... as of 2:10 pm, she will officially no longer be 5. :( Where'd the time go??? We're having a party for her tomorrow, and she CAN'T WAIT!! :joy:

Happy Bday to Blythe's DD! :birthday:

Like Jasper, I am a little out of the loop today. I hope everyone is having a good Friday!

I am off today but then back to work nights over the weekend. Anyone care for a :marg:? I plan on having a couple of those on my deck today. Don't plan on doing a thing. Sounds nice doesn't it?

Dsnygirl
06-29-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm so sorry you had a bad day yesterday! Hope today is going much better! :hug:

Sorry. I wouldn't ride that thing with Capt. Jack Sparrow himself!

Today is definitely better - phew!! Thanks for the :hug:!!

So - if you're not going to ride w/ Jack - can I??? :D

Hi there!! How is everyone? I really don't have anything to say right now, I am just checking in because I have not had time to get on the boards all week. (Ok, I know that the nothing to say comment is just setting you all up so feel free to jump on it!!)

I am going to try to back up a few pages and get the general lay of the land. However, if anyone wants to give me the 30 second update I would welcome that as well!
Seems we're pretty bad at that 30 second update, but I just wanted to say hi!! :hi: glad to see you!! Hope your day has quieted down a bit...

Happy Bday to Blythe's DD!

I am off today but then back to work nights over the weekend. Anyone care for a margarita? I plan on having a couple of those on my deck today. Don't plan on doing a thing. Sounds nice doesn't it?
Emma says thanks!! :)

Sorry you have to work the wknd... we'll watch for you to pop in now & then.
I'd love a :marg:, but I had my fair share during the week (just ask Alex ;)) so I'll pass... tonite I'm actually going to make some Appletinis and some Pomtinis for the girls... along with some Red Cat (local sweet wine... VERY yummmy....) That ought to sell some jewelry, no?? :plot:

How's everyone's Friday ending up??

marlyn
06-29-2007, 05:41 PM
So - if you're not going to ride w/ Jack - can I??? :D

Get in line girlfriend! :D

Sorry you have to work the wknd... we'll watch for you to pop in now & then.
I'd love a :marg:, but I had my fair share during the week (just ask Alex ;)) so I'll pass... tonite I'm actually going to make some Appletinis and some Pomtinis for the girls... along with some Red Cat (local sweet wine... VERY yummmy....) That ought to sell some jewelry, no?? :plot:

How's everyone's Friday ending up??

Well...pour me one of what you are having. Sounds yummy! My Friday is ho-hum. How is yours?

I am here planning a DL trip :D

ElenitaB
06-29-2007, 06:15 PM
Happy birthday, Emma! :cake: Hope it's fun!

So how was everyone's Friday? I ended up going to sleep at 4:00 am and was up around 8:00 am. Why does the mind wake up when the body still needs sleep? And then I ended up working from 9:30 to 5:00. I can't believe it took me the whole day just to write that one article (well, I did some other stuff too... I am a world champion procrastinator). The only thing I didn't get out to do was go to Staples to buy some office supplies before FY07 ends tonight at 10. We're planning on going to the 8:20 showing of Ratatouille.

Have a great evening, everyone!

Christine
06-29-2007, 07:43 PM
Have fun at the movies, Ellen! :popcorn: Hope you stay awake! (You know your track record with movies on treatment week! ;) )

Okay, I need some help! My daughter has aged about 8 years in the last 8 days!

She got invited to a swim birthday party for tomorrow. She asked me if I would take her to get a new bathing suit. I told her fine, and she said, "let's go to Old Navy" (you have to understand, that's the hottest store in our po-dunk town! :ack:) Anyhoo, she picks out a leopard print string bikini!!! I told her, "Oh I don't think so!" and then asked, "by the way, why do you need a new suit?" You know what she said? Because all of mine have cartoons on them (Nemo, Ariel, princesses, etc).

Newsflash! You're SEVEN! So we compromised with a tankini. :rolleyes:

THEN, she decided she wants "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne as her ringtone on her cellphone (yes, my seven year old has a cellphone!). Currently she has "Spoonful of sugar" by Mary Poppins. But that is "too babyish!"

Should I be worried???

Those of you with tweens and teens, please tell me it gets better! Lie if you have to!

disneydeb
06-29-2007, 09:52 PM
As wonderful as I felt this AM, this evening I have tears streaming down my face.
Chloe, my cat was attacked by 3 dogs and died today. She was sitting in my next door neighbor's yard, where she enjoyed his shade trees.
She loved me and depended on me so much and I was not there to save her. She was a sweet kitty. She sat on my desk often as I visited Intercot. I will miss her terribly.

Why don't people keep their dogs fenced?

Nascfan
06-29-2007, 10:16 PM
Happy Birthday Emma! :party: :cake:

Christine, it gets better. Soooo much better. Really. Better. Yeah. Am I helping?

Deb, I'm so sorry about Chloe! That is horrible! I can't imagine how you must feel, but trust in knowing this was in no way your fault. :hug:

Christine
06-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Christine, it gets better. Soooo much better. Really. Better. Yeah. Am I helping?

Thanks for trying, Scott. But somehow your answer doesn't seem to be ringing with truth! ;)
Do you think it's easier with boys???

Deb, I am SO sorry about Chloe. That is just awful. I hope you are able to get some rest tonight. I wish I were there to make you some tea and give you a big hug. Losing a pet is hard enough...losing one like that is unreal!

marlyn
06-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Those of you with tweens and teens, please tell me it gets better! Lie if you have to!

I hear where you are coming from. My boys just turned 12, they have "girlfriends" and it is all about being cool. But when we are alone, just the three of us, they snuggle with me and watch Disney shows. They still sleep with their Mickey Mouse and Stitch stuffies and wear Disney pyjamas. In public they are cool cats but at home they are still be my little boys. When we were at Disney this past May they wore all their Disney clothes proudly (they won't wear them to school, but that is ok).

I know they are still kids at heart and always will be, like their Mom! :mickey: It is just a stage they all go through. In time they won't care what others think. I know I carry my Mickey Mouse purse proudly (but I doubt I would have as a teen!) We all went through that stage didn't we?

Hang in there!

marlyn
06-29-2007, 11:05 PM
As wonderful as I felt this AM, this evening I have tears streaming down my face.
Chloe, my cat was attacked by 3 dogs and died today. She was sitting in my next door neighbor's yard, where she enjoyed his shade trees.
She loved me and depended on me so much and I was not there to save her. She was a sweet kitty. She sat on my desk often as I visited Intercot. I will miss her terribly.

Oh My....I am so sorry about Chloe. :( I have a big dog and I keep him fenced or on a leash. He is a harmless, sweet boy, but you just never know. I also have 2 cats so I understand how close you were to Chloe. It is tough to lose a beloved pet...they are a part of our familes also.

Would a hug help? :grouphug:

Dsnygirl
06-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Hi all... just popping in now that the "girls" are gone and the night is over... I am SO ready for bed!! We had fun, though... gotta love any excuse for a party, even jewelry... :blush:

Well...pour me one of what you are having. Sounds yummy! My Friday is ho-hum. How is yours?

My Friday was good - and I saved you an Appletini!! They were yummy!! Hope you enjoyed it... not as good as planning a DL trip, though... ;)

Happy birthday, Emma! Hope it's fun!
Thanks for the b'day wishes for Emma - if she was awake, she'd be thrilled!
Hope you enjoyed "Ratatouille"... can't wait to take the girls next week. :D

Okay, I need some help! My daughter has aged about 8 years in the last 8 days!

She got invited to a swim birthday party for tomorrow. She asked me if I would take her to get a new bathing suit. I told her fine, and she said, "let's go to Old Navy" (you have to understand, that's the hottest store in our po-dunk town! :ack:) Anyhoo, she picks out a leopard print string bikini!!! I told her, "Oh I don't think so!" and then asked, "by the way, why do you need a new suit?" You know what she said? Because all of mine have cartoons on them (Nemo, Ariel, princesses, etc).

Newsflash! You're SEVEN! So we compromised with a tankini.

Oh my... and my Emma's only 6... as of today, even... and she is ALL about fashion, esp. tankini's lately. We went shopping for a new suit about month ago, and she declared she wanted a "zuchini"... translated after much thought... "bikini"... so, we settled on a Disney Ariel tankini, and that sufficed, for now. :) God only knows what the next 10 years will bring... my DD8 could care less!! Amazing how different kids are... :confused:

Deb, I am SO sorry about Chloe... I know what it's like to lose a beloved friend. That is so sad... but like Scott said, it wasn't your fault - I don't know what else to say to ease the pain. Pets are so dear - I am so sorry this happened to you, and to her. Sending a :hug: your way. :(

Okay, I'm finally off to bed - hope you all are sleeping well!! Who's making the coffee in the AM??? I am SO going to need some...

alpro2
06-30-2007, 07:38 AM
So sorry about Chloe, Deb. That is awful.

A perfect day for Christine - sitting at home watching a Star Wars marathon while her DD is at a pool party with a leopard string bikini. ;)

Blythe - hope you enjoyed the girly martinis. I like my martinis clear (preferably with Grey Goose). Although it is :marg: season. Then again, when isn't it :marg: season?

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.

Nascfan
06-30-2007, 08:03 AM
A perfect day for Christine - sitting at home watching a Star Wars marathon while her DD is at a pool party with a leopard string bikini. ;)

:laughing: Alex, you're not helping, but I found that funny!

We're going out for 18 holes today with some friends. Lauren against 3 guys. She's going to absolutely kill us! Should be a gorgeous day.

Have a great Saturday everyone! Where did I put that extra question?

Dsnygirl
06-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Blythe - hope you enjoyed the girly martinis. I like my martinis clear (preferably with Grey Goose). Although it is :marg: season. Then again, when isn't it :marg: season?

We did!! :D And I will have you know, I've had a Grey Goose martini, and I highly approve!! :thumbsup: (Did I just compliment you?? Sorry... now back to regularly scheduled programming... :D)

Have a great day, everyone!!

ElenitaB
06-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Jasper, hey there! How are you doing and how's your mom?

Have fun at the movies, Ellen! :popcorn: Hope you stay awake! (You know your track record with movies on treatment week! ;) )
Which is exactly why I begged off last night and fell asleep watching TV at home around 10:00 after playing Mario Party on the Wii with DS. We'll go today, once DS finally wakes up.

Good luck with that! I only remember my pediatrician's face when I mentioned that it seemed that adolescence was making its appearance. I was hoping that she'd prescribe drugs for either me or DS (or maybe both). Ben still has his sweet moments but the adolescent moments are becoming more and more frequent. Sorry, girlfriend, but that's the honest truth... take two :marg: and call us in the morning! (Last night Ben and I had a discussion about his dragging this little Pokemon plush all over the apartment with him... but Lord knows it doesn't go out of the house. He does, however, have a 12 yr old friend who still drags either a Godzilla, a Pokemon or a dragon plush out in public with him. :confused: As for clothes, I love school uniforms! And he will still wear certain Disney t-shirts out in public on the weekends.)

Deb, I'm so sorry. That was an awful thing to have happened to your little friend. BTW, do you know what dogs did it and who their owners are? It won't be Chloe back, but they should know what pain their dogs have caused.

We're going out for 18 holes today with some friends. Lauren against 3 guys. She's going to absolutely kill us! Should be a gorgeous day.
Hey, will she teach my DS to play? He's been interested in golf since he was a wee thing. There's a program up here for teaching kids, but not in any golf course near us.

Christine
06-30-2007, 11:20 AM

Gee Alex, I'm surprised you didn't add something about camping in there...are you slipping or are you just turning into a big softy??? ;)

pogo
06-30-2007, 11:27 AM

Pets are like our little kiddies in a lot of ways. We love themalmost as much and they bring us their unconditional love. However, we can not always be there to protect them any more than we can be there to protect our kids. How can you blame yourself ?

Thanks for trying, Scott. But somehow your answer doesn't seem to be ringing with truth! ;)
Do you think it's easier with boys???
I know it's much easier with boys...... and it's going to get worse. Girls sneak and lie. Hang on....... it's just begun.

Can you remember how you acted during your teenage years ?

We all went through that stage didn't we? You too ? :faint:

Okay, I'm finally off to bed - hope you all are sleeping well!! Who's making the coffee in the AM??? I am SO going to need some...
I made the coffee....... but I already drank it. Want me to make some more ?

And may I add camping to the mix? :funny:

Where did I put that extra question?
Right next to the 9 iron. :D

disneydeb
06-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Thank you all for your hugs and thoughts on Chloe. I do know people on our street that allow their dog to run freely, not obeying leash laws. Buat since another neighbor got the dogs off her ( I did not witness it, Thank God!) I can't accuse anyone specific.

On a better note, should I go see Ratouille today? Gee, I hope I spelled that correctly!

drummerboy
06-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Gee Alex, I'm surprised you didn't add something about camping in there...are you slipping or are you just turning into a big softy??? ;)
I thought the Star Wars marathon was going to be at the campground.

Can you remember how you acted during your teenage years ?
That's why she's so worried.

I am so sorry to hear about Chloe.

Just zooping in and zooping out, in between chores and such. Anybody want to finish cleaning the back yard with me?

disneydeb
06-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Just zooping in and zooping out, in between chores and such. Anybody want to finish cleaning the back yard with me?

Do you vacuum, mop and dust your back yard?:D

pogo
06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Do you vacuum, mop and dust your back yard?:D

Is that what they do in NC ? :D

marlyn
06-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh my...what a morning. Where did my nice young boy go? One of my boys had a hormonal fit this morning. I can't believe what he said to me. He hates me, wishes I wasn't his mother and he wants to move. :( My heart is breaking. I know it was hormones talking, I know he didn't mean it, I know teens say stupid stuff like that...but I am raising them alone and do so much for them it hurts so much to hear those words.

I have to work tonight. I need to sleep. My Mom took them out so I coudl lay down, but I can't get what he said to me out of my mind.

Teens....:confused: It is starting and I don't know how to handle it. Help?

Christine
06-30-2007, 04:13 PM

Poor Lynne! I am sorry, but you are right...he didn't mean it!

My friend has a son, and they used to butt heads a LOT as he grew older.

The thing that got her through it was the book about raising sons by Dr. James Dobson. I will try to call her this weekend and PM the actual title to you. She said it saved BOTH of their lives!
Hang in there!

Hmmm...maybe it's not easier with boys?

disneydeb
06-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh my...what a morning. Where did my nice young boy go? One of my boys had a hormonal fit this morning. I can't believe what he said to me. He hates me, wishes I wasn't his mother and he wants to move. :( My heart is breaking. I know it was hormones talking, I know he didn't mean it, I know teens say stupid stuff like that...but I am raising them alone and do so much for them it hurts so much to hear those words.

I have to work tonight. I need to sleep. My Mom took them out so I coudl lay down, but I can't get what he said to me out of my mind.

Yes, this is how it begins. When they are little they step on your toes, and when they are older they step on your heart. :hug:

I saw one of those inspirational church signs a couple days ago. It said, "Sticks and stones can break bones, but words can break a heart."

This is true . I'm sorry your heart is breaking now.

God allowed our children to enter this world as babies so we could fall in love with the precious bundles of joy. Then in His wisdom he allows them to grow into teenagers with their own attitudes and urge for independence knowing how to push our buttons, so it will be easier for us to let go in due time.

I never thought my girls would say the things to me they have said. They did and I lived. I'm looking forward to the day they are on their own.

Can you guess what I'm having for supper?

drummerboy
06-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Always remember that grandchildren are the Good Lord's reward for letting your children live through their teen years.

DW did sorta mop the back yard. She pressure-washed all the walkways. I finally got the doggie-doolie buried so she can get rid of the doggie-do-dads without throwing them over the fence into thte neighbor's yard. (Just kidding) (Well mostly kidding--If you saw the neighbor's yard, you'd know why he wouldn't notice if we did do that.)

So, how's the Saturdays going? We're just waiting for the rest of the crowd to come in and stay through the fourth. (DD2, SIL and the other three grandchildren)

pjbs35a
06-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Did you know that when you go to WDW when you are 54 years old you can't keep the same pace as you could when you were 24 years old ??? :ill:

Not talking about myself, mind you, just making a statement for all the other 54 year olds !!!

marlyn
06-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Well, I actually managed to sleep for a little bit. I am tired. My boys will be home soon for dinner. Do you think things will be back to normal?

Poor Lynne! I am sorry, but you are right...he didn't mean it!

My friend has a son, and they used to butt heads a LOT as he grew older.

The thing that got her through it was the book about raising sons by Dr. James Dobson. I will try to call her this weekend and PM the actual title to you. She said it saved BOTH of their lives!
Hang in there!

Hmmm...maybe it's not easier with boys?

Thank you!! I would appreciate it!

Yes, this is how it begins. When they are little they step on your toes, and when they are older they step on your heart. :hug:

I saw one of those inspirational church signs a couple days ago. It said, "Sticks and stones can break bones, but words can break a heart."

This is true . I'm sorry your heart is breaking now.

God allowed our children to enter this world as babies so we could fall in love with the precious bundles of joy. Then in His wisdom he allows them to grow into teenagers with their own attitudes and urge for independence knowing how to push our buttons, so it will be easier for us to let go in due time.

I never thought my girls would say the things to me they have said. They did and I lived. I'm looking forward to the day they are on their own.

Can you guess what I'm having for supper?

Thanks for that. :) As to what is for supper? No idea, but could you send me some? I don't want to cook.

Always remember that grandchildren are the Good Lord's reward for letting your children live through their teen years.

I am going to have to remember that! :thumbsup:

Did you know that when you go to WDW when you are 54 years old you can't keep the same pace as you could when you were 24 years old ??? :ill:

Frankie, you can't do it when you are 40 either!

trackbarroness
06-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Oopsies then I must be not be obeying some sort of humane law, or something. :blush:
I get told by my Mom to slow down and smell the flowers :haha: :haha: So who wants a :bar: :bar: :bar: ?

disneydeb
06-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Hubby's fishing, older DD is gone with my grandson to visit his other grandmother, and younger DD is out with boyfriend.

So-------------------------------------------------------I'm having WATERMELON for supper!And if that is not enough, I'll have a coke float too!

Isn't it nice to be old enough to make your own decisions?:D

drummerboy
06-30-2007, 07:54 PM

Not talking about myself, mind you, just making a statement for all the other 54 year olds !!!
Thank goodness I'm 57 so I won't have to worry about such as that. They just don't make young'uns like they used to, do they Pogo?

Mickey'sGirl
06-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Chloe, my cat was attacked by 3 dogs and died today. She was sitting in my next door neighbor's yard, where she enjoyed his shade trees.I am so sorry for your loss Deb. It was not your fault....it was a horrible accident.

Blythe - hope you enjoyed the girly martinis. I like my martinis clear (preferably with Grey Goose). Although it is :marg: season.You know...I have never had a martini...but I do enjoy a :marg:. Can you shake one up for me Big Al? You playing barmaid tonight?

There's a program up here for teaching kids, but not in any golf course near us.We have a golf course right across the street Ellen. Maybe Ben should summer in Ajax in exchange for me summering in NY?

On a better note, should I go see Ratouille today? Gee, I hope I spelled that correctly! It's Ratatouille (and that is a very tasty dish indeed :eat: ) ... Yes, go! We went last night and we all thoroughly enjoyed it! The artistry was amazing.

Oh my...what a morning. Where did my nice young boy go?I'm so sorry Lynne. Here's a :hug: to get you through the next few years. Just remember to send one back my way in a couple of years, ok?

So who wants a :bar: :bar: :bar: ? Taht would be me. I am always ready for a :bar: . Thanks Sandy!

Nascfan
06-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey, will she teach my DS to play? He's been interested in golf since he was a wee thing. There's a program up here for teaching kids, but not in any golf course near us.

She'd love to! Suffice it to say, she won....by a lot. But I don't care what my score was, it was a beautiful day and beautiful course, and we had a beautiful time. I'm whipped.

Right next to the 9 iron. :D

That's where it was! Now if only I could figure out how to hit a durned 6 iron, things would be much better.

Christine, I don't think it matters whether it's boys or girls, it's just different with each, that's all.

Sorry your son said that Lynne! I'm so glad our daughter has never gotten to that point. That hurts bad.

Can I have a :bar: Sandy? Or do I want a float? Hmm, both sound good. Can I have both?

Christine
06-30-2007, 08:37 PM

Me thinks you protest too much!

So who wants a :bar: :bar: :bar: ?

Can you get me a Mickey Rice Krispie treat too??

Jenn, I am so glad you liked Ratatouille. I think me and my family are the only people on the planet who didn't like it! :confused: Did you like it too Ellen?

Oooooooey! It is storming like crazy here!

Mikki, is your monsoon season over yet?

pogo
06-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh my...what a morning. Where did my nice young boy go? One of my boys had a hormonal fit this morning. I can't believe what he said to me. He hates me, wishes I wasn't his mother and he wants to move. My heart is breaking. I know it was hormones talking, I know he didn't mean it, I know teens say stupid stuff like that...but I am raising them alone and do so much for them it hurts so much to hear those words.
Oh my....... is this from one of the great kids we met in April ? Send him to stay with me for a couple of weeks this summer...... he'll be begging to come home. :D

Wow......... Deep ! Did you just make that up ? :D

So who wants a :bar: :bar: :bar: ? Got any left ? Or did Jenn eat them all ?

Hubby's fishing, older DD is gone with my grandson to visit his other grandmother, and younger DD is out with boyfriend.

So-------------------------------------------------------I'm having WATERMELON for supper!And if that is not enough, I'll have a coke float too!

So...... what happened to the veggies ?

Thank goodness I'm 57 so I won't have to worry about such as that. They just don't make young'uns like they used to, do they Pogo?
Nope........ can you believe these kids these days? :D

Oooooooey! It is storming like crazy here!

Do I need to send you a :boat: too ? :D

drummerboy
06-30-2007, 10:47 PM
Lynne, I forgot to mention something one of my DDs said to me in her teen years. Fortunately, I was prepared for it so I think she was more devestated after she said it than I was when she said it.

Both DDs are stepdaughters, but they've been with me since they were 5 and 3. The inevitable came one night when DD2 was in her teens. She and I were going head to head and she said, "Well, you're not my real father anyway!" She was in such a dramatic moment that I didn't dare laugh, but I wanted to. Evidently she misread my face, because she thought I was crushed.

At one time we had a chat with our preacher about the way things were going. His advice was that as long as we gave them a good foundation in their early years, they'd swing back to us once they got through the teens. Very good advice.

Did I mention that the eighties are kind of a blur to us? I think we've blocked that era from our memories.

Needless to say, we all lived through the teen years and we're all very close now (they're in their 30s).

See the fun you have to look forward to? :thedolls:

Dsnygirl
06-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Hi all... just zooping in before bed... how was everone's day??

I am so sorry, Lynne... I hope your night once the boys got home was better. Just remember.... he doesn't mean it.... I know how much it hurts, though, and I'm sorry you had to hear it. My neice is 15 and starting this with her dad - it is so hard - but you WILL get through it, just like our parents did - and you'll have stories to tell when you get older... ;)

So true - thanks for the reminder... it's good to know others go through it and survive it to have good relationships with their kids once it's over!! Glad my girls are still 6 and almost 9... but even now, you can still see the beginnings... ouch!

:laughing:

Hope everyone's Saturday was a good one - we had our DDnow6's party today, and it was fun - I think she really enjoyed her birthday! Of course, when I came upstairs tonight to put them to bed, I saw a bag in our room I'd forgotten to bring down for her to open - so she is VERY excited that she has another present to open tomorrow!! :blush: How wonderful would it be to be that age again, where just knowing there's a present to open makes the whole world a wonderful place... :D

Good night, all!

pogo
06-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Did I mention that the eighties are kind of a blur to us? I think we've blocked that era from our memories.
Would you believe I can't remember the seventies either ? :D

pogo
06-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Good night, all!
Good night neighbor....... you making coffee in the morning for everyone ? :D

disneydeb
06-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Pogo,
Watermelon ....is GREEN.....it grows on a vine..it has some vitamins and minerals , so it COULD pass as a healthy vegetable type food...

Besides I ate tomatoes and cucumbers at lunch and tomatoes at breakfast.

What veggies did you eat today ?

pogo
06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
What veggies did you eat today ?
Todays menu was......

Breakfast: coffee, whole wheat toast w/butter, cheerios and a banana.

Lunch: Salami on whole wheat w/ skim milk (big glass)

Dinner: 16 oz. NY Strip Steak, baked potato w/butter, grilled green beans and two glasses of merlot.

Did I do good today ? :D

Beast_fanatic
06-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Where ya gonna eat???

So far, we're dining at Concourse Steakhouse (figured we should try it before it goes away), 'Ohana, and Biergarten. I'm going to make a couple more ressies, but I haven't decided just where yet.

Deb, I'm very sorry to hear about Chloe. Lots of :pixie: to help you through.

I tried to post this last night, but right after I hit Post Reply, there was flash/boom/blip and the power went off. It scared the bejeebers out of me since until then I didn't even know more storms had worked their way into my area, and it caused my computer to reboot. After a couple more flash/booms, I decided I should get off the computer for awhile and then I never got back on until this evening.

Today's plans of cleaning more of the house fell to the wayside as our garage door opener went on the fritz and we spent a big portion of the day replacing it. But, tomorrow is another day... Was that too Scarlet O'Hara of me? :blush:

disneydeb
07-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Pogo,
You did really good with the green beans!:thumbsup:

I'm proud of you!

Rhonda,
Thanks for the pixie dust!

So far we are eating at Le Cellier, Boma, Cindy's for lunch one day- (DD's friend has not been to Disney since she was a baby and I thought she might like to see inside the castle), and Moma Melroses.

trackbarroness
07-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Of course you can, that's the beauty of living, working and umm playing near and close to WDW. Lucky me eh? :D lol
I'm going to get my Disney fix for the day and I'll remember to bring more goodies home for us from the MK. got to turn in two quests in at VMK today or sometime this week. :D Lol
And perhaps pick up a couple more to do whilst I'm there.
By the way have a Magical day everyone And my boss aka :mickey: says hello. :cool:
Anyone else working 6 day work week besides me? Good Morning here's Mickey shaped waffles for anyone who wants them.

alpro2
07-01-2007, 08:06 AM

Yes, they don't make those scooters the way they used to. :D

You know...I have never had a martini...but I do enjoy a :marg:. Can you shake one up for me Big Al? You playing barmaid tonight?

I can shake one for you Jen, but the new :marg: machine makes them perfectly smooth. Do you think these legs will get me some tips? :D

That's where it was! Now if only I could figure out how to hit a durned 6 iron, things would be much better.

Only the 6 iron Scott? ;)

Nascfan
07-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Only the 6 iron Scott? ;)

That hurt Alex, that hurt bad. True, but that hurt. :D;)

Have a great Sunday everyone! We've got a picnic/party thing with a portion of wife's family, and then daughter is hitting the links with her cousin. That'll be nice, they don't get to spend much time together.

Isn't it a beautiful day?

disneydeb
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Pogo,

Grilled green beans sound interesting! Could you please tell me how you did it?

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Fresh green beans are coming in now at the farmer's market, I'd like to fix them according to your method.:)

Mickey'sGirl
07-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Fresh green beans are coming in now at the farmer's market, I'd like to fix them according to your method.:)I'll grill any vegetable....corn on the cob, beans, asperagus, tomatoes, peppers...it's all good. I'm not sure how Cousin prepares his veggies, but I will either oil the grill or oil the veggies. Corn can be done in the husk or out and they all cook so quickly (and become sweeter in my opinion!). I just found a recipe for grilled corn/peppers and onions that I can't wait to try!! Do you want me to send the recipe along? :tasty:

ElenitaB
07-01-2007, 12:06 PM
We went to see Ratatouille last night and really enjoyed it. I thought it was sweet and LOVED the animation and artistry. Today we're going to go to Barnes and Noble to check out the cookbook and also to find a Spanish textbook because la profesora Mamita is going to finally teach the hijo to hablar español. (It was supposed to be his dad's job.)

Today's plans of cleaning more of the house fell to the wayside as our garage door opener went on the fritz and we spent a big portion of the day replacing it. But, tomorrow is another day... Was that too Scarlet O'Hara of me? :blush:
Hey, Scarlet! :hi: Pollyanna here! :blush: Was it one of the boom/flashes that did the garage door opener in? Good luck with changing it.

By the way have a Magical day everyone And my boss aka :mickey: says hello. :cool:
Anyone else working 6 day work week besides me? Good Morning here's Mickey shaped waffles for anyone who wants them.
Say hi to your boss back for us! I miss him! I don't work for him, but I work to be able to go visit him! ;)

How's a 7 day work week? I'm still super busy on my intranet site redesign (but loving it). Today I finish org chart graphics for all but one of our umpteen teams, and then go on to produce their pages.

I sure could have used those Mickey waffles this morning for breakfast... instead I had oatmeal. There's a fresh pot of coffee here though in case someone would like it.

Lynne, sorry that you've had such a rude awakening to what is sure to be the "wonderful world of adolescence." You, unfortunately, will be getting a double dose. Do know, however, that you are not alone. We have quite a crop of 11/12 yr olds among us, so we'll be able to commiserate and share a few :marg: even if it is virtually. Ben's hit me with a few zingers and it's hard not to react and get hurt. We're just human after all.

pogo
07-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Pogo,

Grilled green beans sound interesting! Could you please tell me how you did it?

Would you believe we line the beans up on the grill so they don't fall through ? :funny:

OK..... enough joking. Have you ever seen a grill wok ? It's square, with little holes all around it. I use this for all my veggies.

First we marinate the beans in some white wine vinegar, garlic and onion powder and a little canola oil, for about two to three hours.

When we put this on the grill, we constantly stir them just like a stir fry.

I'll grill any vegetable....corn on the cob, beans, asperagus, tomatoes, peppers...it's all good.
Your right, cousin........... any veggies are good on the grill... we love corn (husk on, soak in water for about an hour). One of our favorites is Bell peppers, onions, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, summer squash, zucinni and asparagus all in the same basket. At the very end, add pineapple chunks and stir untill they warm through.

We are having this today with routisirie chicken and grilled sweet corn. :D

disneydeb
07-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll grill any vegetable....corn on the cob, beans, asperagus, tomatoes, peppers...it's all good. I'm not sure how Cousin prepares his veggies, but I will either oil the grill or oil the veggies. Corn can be done in the husk or out and they all cook so quickly (and become sweeter in my opinion!). I just found a recipe for grilled corn/peppers and onions that I can't wait to try!! Do you want me to send the recipe along? :tasty:

Yum! Yes I would love to see that if you don't mind! Thanks!:thumbsup:

Would you believe we line the beans up on the grill so they don't fall through ? :funny:

OK..... enough joking. Have you ever seen a grill wok ? It's square, with little holes all around it. I use this for all my veggies.

First we marinate the beans in some white wine vinegar, garlic and onion powder and a little canola oil, for about two to three hours.

When we put this on the grill, we constantly stir them just like a stir fry.

Your right, cousin........... any veggies are good on the grill... we love corn (husk on, soak in water for about an hour). One of our favorites is Bell peppers, onions, carrots, mushrooms, green beans, summer squash, zucinni and asparagus all in the same basket. At the very end, add pineapple chunks and stir untill they warm through.

We are having this today with routisirie chicken and grilled sweet corn. :D

Thanks for sharing your humor and your recipe!
I enjoy both!:D

OOhhh! Did I forget a question?

marlyn
07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
I'm so sorry Lynne. Here's a :hug: to get you through the next few years.

Sorry your son said that Lynne!

Oh my....... is this from one of the great kids we met in April ? Send him to stay with me for a couple of weeks this summer...... he'll be begging to come home.

At one time we had a chat with our preacher about the way things were going. His advice was that as long as we gave them a good foundation in their early years, they'd swing back to us once they got through the teens. Very good advice.

I am so sorry, Lynne... I hope your night once the boys got home was better. Just remember.... he doesn't mean it.... I know how much it hurts, though, and I'm sorry you had to hear it.
:laughing:

Lynne, sorry that you've had such a rude awakening to what is sure to be the "wonderful world of adolescence."

Thanks to you all for all these words of wisdom and support! I know it will pass and it is nice to know I have a place to come vent and get help!!

My boys just phoned. They entered the Canada day Mile run today and in the under 16 age group they placed 1st and 2nd with times of 5min 21sec and 5min 28sec. Do I look proud? :D They had to phone and tell me right away. That makes me feel good. They just turned 12 so to win the Under 16 category is a huge success for them.

pogo
07-01-2007, 09:30 PM
My boys just phoned. They entered the Canada day Mile run today and in the under 16 age group they placed 1st and 2nd with times of 5min 21sec and 5min 28sec. Do I look proud? :D They had to phone and tell me right away. That makes me feel good. They just turned 12 so to win the Under 16 category is a huge success for them.
Aaawwwwwwwwww....... I knew they were good boys when I met them.:thumbsup:

Where do they get their athletism from ? :D

disneydeb
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Thanks to you all for all these words of wisdom and support! I know it will pass and it is nice to know I have a place to come vent and get help!!

They love you so! They couldn't wait to share their news with the one that would mean the most to them in the world, YOU, their mom!
Congratulations on having such wonderful and talented sons!:thumbsup:

Today they are the wind beneath your wings, aren't they?

pjbs35a
07-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Ready for Fun Monday ???

Beast_fanatic
07-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey, Scarlet! :hi: Pollyanna here! :blush: Was it one of the boom/flashes that did the garage door opener in? Good luck with changing it.

I don't think so as it was acting up a bit the day before as well. :shrug:

Ready for Fun Monday ???

Yes, but only because I'm on vacation! :yay: Unfortunately, I've got to continue cleaning house as we didn't get enough done this weekend.

Anyone else off Monday?

dlpmikki
07-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes, but only because I'm on vacation! :yay: Unfortunately, I've got to continue cleaning house as we didn't get enough done this weekend.

Anyone else off Monday?

Good morning all! I am off today. Does that count as I am off everyday? :D

I am going to play tennis this morning and watch Wimbledon this afternoon. What is everyone else up to?

trackbarroness
07-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Working, I'll be at work until 6 something and am hoping probably against hope that it won't be storming when I leave work later on today. Did anyone else have a T-storm yesterday afternoon from about 5:15 on? Which lasted for at least 2 hours? Funny thing is the weather radio didn't go off yesterday and that's how bad the storm was so it seemed to both my Mom and I. I didn't leave the car parking lot until an hour after I got there before I ran to my car and by the time I got to it I was very wet. Like I had been on Kali River Rapids, for which I usually end up being soaked after everytime I ride that ride. Go figure eh? :D suppose to get more storms today I just hope their not as bad today as that one yesterday.

disneydeb
07-02-2007, 07:10 AM
Ready for Fun Monday ???

I'm ready for fun ANY day!

Anyone else off Monday?

I'm off just because it is still summer break! :D But Break soon ends :(as I have a reading conference the end of next week.

Good morning all! I am off today. Does that count as I am off everyday? :D

I am going to play tennis this morning and watch Wimbledon this afternoon. What is everyone else up to?

Yes, Mikki, we'll count that!

I'm going to the chiropractor today. I fell last Thursday to my knees and must have jarred something in my hip. It's giving me fits!
Do you think I'll live?:D

drummerboy
07-02-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm floating in the escape pod (my office) right now. The house is full of Munchkins and they're already fighting with each other.

So how's everybody's Monday going?

disneydrmr
07-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Zooping in for a quick second to see if there's a Mickey Ice Cream bar left over? Busy week for me this week.. two of my sales guys are off so I'll be covering their routes...Plus we'll be shorthanded in our department... so bring on the Starbucks/Timmies/or anything else with caffeine! Could someone please take good notes all week cause I may need a Readers Digest version of all that's gone on by the time I can zoop back in!

Dsnygirl
07-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Good morning, all... just popping in for a bit to see how everyone's doing today!! We spent the day w/ friends yesterday, which was nice - but it was such a busy wknd., my DH and I feel like we need a few days off just to relax!!

Congrats to your boys!! That is so great... and see?? They love you - they just had to share the news w/ you first... it's so hard when love & pain go hand in hand!! :blush: I'm sure it'll be tough at times as those hormones really start to kick in, but you guys seem to have a great relationship, so that ought to really help. :thumbsup: (Remind me I said that in a few years... ;))

I posted a long post about this in the WC forum, but I'm struggling a little bit today... my DH and I are considering pulling our girls from the Christian school they attend to go to the public schools here in our new town. We have very sound reasons for doing it, and it may just be for the year - but it's still hard - we're so accustomed to their small, sweet school - and they still seem so little to us, and the classes here are so much bigger... and although I think Emma (6) will be fine w/ it, Julia (almost 9) has had 4 years at her school, and LOVES it there... I think she'll struggle a little, no matter how positively we present it. Sigh. We're not 100% on the decision yet - but it's just odd... I feel good about it and sad at the same time. :confused: If any of you have any spare pixie dust to send our way as we consider this, it'd be greatly appreciated!! :)

So - what's everyone's Monday got in store?? I'm taking the girls to see "Ratatouille" this afternoon - that should be fun - and then a few errands... then I'm off to work tonight and tomorrow night. Who's got the coffee this morning??

drummerboy
07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I've got work all day and a concert tonight. This is a repeat of the choral group's July 4 offering (Got one more to go on Wednesday). We're doing the concert in the largest church in town and they packed the house Friday, and probably will tonight and Wed.. :flag:

Somewhere in there I'll get some time in with the grandchildren and maybe even wave at DW on the way through. :hi:

Do you ever get those times when everything seems to be happening at once? Whoa, I felt the breeze from all the hands going up at the same time. :D

pogo
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I'm off just because it is still summer break! :D But Break soon ends :(as I have a reading conference the end of next week.
Wow.... a reading conference. What do you do at a reading conference ? Sit around and talk about reading ? :blush:

So how's everybody's Monday going?
So far.... so good. :thumbsup: But the day's still young. What are the odds of it turning out that way ?

Who's got the coffee this morning?? You come into here this late and expect coffee ? :confused:
Lucky for you I saved you a cup. What would you like in it ? :D

Dsnygirl
07-02-2007, 10:40 AM
You come into here this late and expect coffee ? :confused:
Lucky for you I saved you a cup. What would you like in it ? :D
Yes, please... and thank you for saving me a cup!! :D Couple scoops of sugar, liberal amounts of cream... maybe a shot of espresso... :blush:

This week is looking like a wash-out for summer stuff... pretty cool and off & on rain all week. :( Anybody having better luck weather-wise??

alpro2
07-02-2007, 10:47 AM
Played yesterday. Whooped some "you-know-what". I had to teach somebody a lesson (you see, they were all cocky that they are in a league). Came back to win three straight games. Can you guess who that smart-alex is? ;)

pogo
07-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Yes, please... and thank you for saving me a cup!! :D Couple scoops of sugar, liberal amounts of cream... maybe a shot of espresso... :blush:
Good morning..........
So..... you really don't like coffee ? :confused:
If so..... you'd drink it black. :D

Played yesterday. Whooped some "you-know-what". I had to teach somebody a lesson (you see, they were all cocky that they are in a league). Came back to win three straight games. Can you guess who that smart-alex is? ;) Are you better at tennis than you are in golf ? :D

drummerboy
07-02-2007, 12:05 PM
Good morning..........
I think our kids used to call that kind of mess coffee-milk. :thedolls:

Time for lunch (except Mikki, who's probably about to have supper). Anybody up for some home-made potato salad?

Christine
07-02-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm going to the chiropractor today. I fell last Thursday to my knees and must have jarred something in my hip. It's giving me fits!
Do you think I'll live?:D

OUCH! I'm sorry...hope you get things all "a-lined" out! (get it? aligned?? as in you're getting an alignment at the chiropractor? Never mind...guess that was funnier in my head!) :blush:

The house is full of Munchkins and they're already fighting with each other.

Whoa there big guy! What about all that "grandchildren are the rich reward of surviving parenting" hoo-haw you fed us a while back? Please don't tell us there's no hope!!

*as for the "big guy", there is an attorney here in town that is hysterical! He has these hokey commercials where he says, "Car wreck? Call the BIG GUY!" while he pounds his fists on the hood of a totalled car. So for the longest time, I have affectionately nicknamed you "the big guy!" You like it??? :D Big Al seemed to like his!!

Busy week for me this week.. two of my sales guys are off so I'll be covering their routes...Plus we'll be shorthanded in our department... so bring on the Starbucks/Timmies/or anything else with caffeine! Could someone please take good notes all week cause I may need a Readers Digest version of all that's gone on by the time I can zoop back in!

Here's a cafe mocha for ya! Schedule yourself a massage or pedicure or something for the end of the week...it will give you something to look forward to!

This week is looking like a wash-out for summer stuff... pretty cool and off & on rain all week. :( Anybody having better luck weather-wise??

NO luck here weather wise! We went to Canton Tradedays yesterday (a HUGE craft/ antique/ flea market once a month event about an hour away) and it rained and rained and rained! Today DD wanted to go swimming and it is turning black outside as I sit here typing! This has been a rough summer...45 days of rain!

Good morning..........

That's not true! I take lots of stuff in my coffee too. Blythe and I are just the "I'll take a little coffee with my milk" or "I'll take a little lettuce with my ranch dressing" kind of girls! Right Blythe??? :D

alpro2
07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Are you better at tennis than you are in golf ? :D
Actually I am better at golf (for what's that worth :confused:). I guess I just must be a natural at tennis, isn't that right Maria....oops, did I divulge who I whoooped? :secret:

*as for the "big guy", there is an attorney here in town that is hysterical! He has these hokey commercials where he says, "Car wreck? Call the BIG GUY!" while he pounds his fists on the hood of a totalled car. So for the longest time, I have affectionately nicknamed you "the big guy!" You like it??? :D Big Al seemed to like his!!

Yes, Ken, fall in line now. We all must accept our Christine-given names. Do you like it Big Guy? ;)

Christine
07-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Yes, Ken, fall in line now. We all must accept our Christine-given names. Do you like it Big Guy? ;)

That's a good boy....have a cookie!!

Hey Ellen, are your ears still sore???? :D

drummerboy
07-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Never mind...guess that was funnier in my head!) :blush:
Did you mean that the voices in your head said it funnier? :thedolls:

Whoa there big guy! What about all that "grandchildren are the rich reward of surviving parenting" hoo-haw you fed us a while back? Please don't tell us there's no hope!!
I forgot to add the part that thier mama is here with them, which seems to be the time they misbehave the most. Keep that in mind for the future. Also, that was all going on as I was trying to eat breakfast. DW knows the Big Guy tends to be grumpy before breakfast.

Acutally, it fits, size-wise. As long as you don't associate me with the TV-boys who advertise their legal wares. Can I have my cookie now?

Riri529
07-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Played yesterday. Whooped some "you-know-what". I had to teach somebody a lesson (you see, they were all cocky that they are in a league). Came back to win three straight games. Can you guess who that smart-alex is? ;)

Actually I am better at golf (for what's that worth :confused:). I guess I just must be a natural at tennis, isn't that right Maria....oops, did I divulge who I whoooped? :secret:

Easy now Bobby Riggs!! Do you think you won on your own, or that perhaps I went easy on you? Hmmmm, you'll never know, will you?
:tennis:
Hi all. How is everybody's summer going?

Christine
07-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Did you mean that the voices in your head said it funnier? :thedolls:

No, not the voices in my head! ...just that one! :blush:

Acutally, it fits, size-wise. As long as you don't associate me with the TV-boys who advertise their legal wares. Can I have my cookie now?

Yes you may...that's a good big guy!

Hi all. How is everybody's summer going?

Hi Maira! Our summer has been soggy :umbrella: but fine other than that.

Looks like you've kept busy this summer with some charity work :tennis: :secret:
(sorry, Big Al!)

alpro2
07-02-2007, 03:09 PM
That's a good boy....have a cookie!!

Who says us men aren't trainable? :thedolls:

Easy now Bobby Riggs!! Do you think you won on your own, or that perhaps I went easy on you? Hmmmm, you'll never know, will you?
:tennis:

Hahahahahahahahaha! :rotfl::laughing:
You should have seen the look of horror on her face! :D

disneydeb
07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow.... a reading conference. What do you do at a reading conference ? Sit around and talk about reading ? :blush:

That's part of it! Mainly we discuss ways to best educate learners in reading and in the main components of reading.

Did you begin reading with Dick and Jane?

trackbarroness
07-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Do you suppose we're getting our weather over here near WDW this week? No worries about the :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: I can just run over to any WDW park and get them :D So who asked for the chocolate chip cookie one? Was that you Frankie? :cool: No worries dude I've got plenty of those two. :D Lol
Say who wants to go ride EE real soon? Besides Space Mountain that is. :D

pogo
07-02-2007, 09:15 PM
That's part of it! Mainly we discuss ways to best educate learners in reading and in the main components of reading.

You expect me to remember that far back ? After all...... I'm almost as :old: as the "Big Guy"

marlyn
07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Aaawwwwwwwwww....... I knew they were good boys when I met them.:thumbsup:

Where do they get their athletism from ?

I suppose they get a little bit from me (I was a figure skater and skier) and also from their dad (he is a runner). Wouldn't a track scholarship be nice?

Today they are the wind beneath your wings, aren't they?

They certainly are! :D

We're not 100% on the decision yet - but it's just odd... I feel good about it and sad at the same time. If any of you have any spare pixie dust to send our way as we consider this, it'd be greatly appreciated!!

Pixie Dust going out your way. Some decisions are so hard to make. I am sure all will work out fine...but sending :pixie: just in case!

No worries about the :bar: :bar: :bar: :bar: I can just run over to any WDW park and get them :D

Rub it in..... :P

Dsnygirl
07-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Good morning..........
D

That's not true! I take lots of stuff in my coffee too. Blythe and I are just the "I'll take a little coffee with my milk" or "I'll take a little lettuce with my ranch dressing" kind of girls! Right Blythe??? :D
:thumbsup: Absolutely!! I was taught by my dad, who liked a little coffee with his cream & sugar. :D
There was a time, for a summer, that I drank coffee black - long story, had to do w/ dating an Englishman who couldn't drink (alcohol) while he was here working for the Salvation Army camp we were at - so my "punishment" for the summer was taking my coffee black. Can't quite figure out why I agreed to it... must've been that accent. ;) How do you resist that??

Anyway - I can drink it black - I just choose not to. :) I won't even tell you what my dad called it... :shake:

pogo
07-02-2007, 10:28 PM
:thumbsup: Absolutely!! I was taught by my dad, who liked a little coffee with his cream & sugar. :D
There was a time, for a summer, that I drank coffee black - long story, had to do w/ dating an Englishman who couldn't drink (alcohol) while he was here working for the Salvation Army camp we were at - so my "punishment" for the summer was taking my coffee black. Can't quite figure out why I agreed to it... must've been that accent. ;) How do you resist that??

Anyway - I can drink it black - I just choose not to. :) I won't even tell you what my dad called it... :shake:
OMG neighbor............. putting cream and sugar in your coffee is as bad as putting lime juice with your tequilla !:confused:

You and Christine are too much alike. Are you related ? :D

marlyn
07-02-2007, 10:35 PM
Black coffee? Straight tequila?

The straight tequila I can do....but the coffee? :sick:

pogo
07-02-2007, 10:46 PM

Are you for kidding me ? A sweet little lady like you drinking straight tequilla ? :faint:

I think we need another "Mini Meet" just to see you do that. :D

marlyn
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Are you for kidding me ? A sweet little lady like you drinking straight tequilla ? :faint:

I think we need another "Mini Meet" just to see you do that. :D

Name the place!! :D I really like tequila. Maybe it is due to my many trips to Mexico?

pogo
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Name the place!! :D I really like tequila. Maybe it is due to my many trips to Mexico?
Wow...... a pretty lady....... fun to be with..... with two funny DS's.... lovely Mom and Dad...... and you drink straight tequilla.

Can you be at WDW in Oct. 2008 for the F&WF ? I'll bring the Quervo Gold !:D

Dsnygirl
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
OMG neighbor............. putting cream and sugar in your coffee is as bad as putting lime juice with your tequilla !:confused:

You and Christine are too much alike. Are you related ?
Absloutely!! JQ sisters!! :thumbsup: Except for the Star Wars thing... ;) Gotta admit, I'm with her on the camping thing, too - at least, the "sleeping bag in the middle of the woods" torture - that's not really camping, in my book. Gotta make a camp to actually "camp"... doesn't that entail a roof & walls of SOME sort, even a tent maybe?? :D Can't stand those bugs....

Right there with you... I like tequila just about any way you serve it. ;) Coffee, on the other hand, must be sweet - just like me. ;) (Did I REALLY just say that???)

pogo
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Absloutely!! JQ sisters!! :thumbsup: Except for the Star Wars thing... ;) Gotta admit, I'm with her on the camping thing, too - at least, the "sleeping bag in the middle of the woods" torture - that's not really camping, in my book. Gotta make a camp to actually "camp"... doesn't that entail a roof & walls of SOME sort, even a tent maybe?? :D Can't stand those bugs....

Right there with you... I like tequila just about any way you serve it. ;) Coffee, on the other hand, must be sweet - just like me. ;) (Did I REALLY just say that???) I agree with the camping thing/
My idea of camping is staying at a value resort.

But you better be carefull talking about tequila.... you live too close. I might have to call your bluff. :thumbsup:

What is your favorite drink ? :D

pjbs35a
07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
Was that you Frankie?

Did it look like me ??? :spy:

Dsnygirl
07-02-2007, 11:36 PM
But you better be carefull talking about tequila.... you live too close. I might have to call your bluff. :thumbsup:

Well, at this point, I would have to say a :marg:... straight up, salt ... but I'm liking those "golden" margaritas, too.... hate it when you start liking "top shelf" stuff!! ;) Of course, then there are those yummy frozen strawberry :marg: with a little extra triple sec... :D

What's yours?? (And you can call my bluff anytime... now that I've got your address, we'll have to bring a bottle out to share w/ you & Patti... )

(PS - Problem now... I'm at work, craving margaritas... :()

Beast_fanatic
07-02-2007, 11:40 PM

We're having rain here too. Actually, our entire summer has been rainy so far. The lake that supplies our drinking water was 17 feet below normal at the beginning of the year and is now 7 feet above normal. :eek: And, there's rain in the forecast everyday for the next week.

See Dick. See Dick run. Run Dick, run.
See Jane. See Jane run. Run Jane, run.
See Dick and Jane run.

Does that answer your question?

Margarita - yes, I like lime with my tequila. Of course, I'm not supposed to drink them, but I did find some "lite" margarita mix that should be OK.

Christine
07-03-2007, 12:40 AM
John just got home from watching the sneak peek preview of Transformers. He literally jumped up and down while telling me how good it was! He said it's the best movie he's ever seen. That he's never been to a theater where people gave a standing ovation at the end of the movie.

Anyone else going to see it when it opens in a few days???

Dsnygirl
07-03-2007, 01:15 AM
John just got home from watching the sneak peek preview of Transformers. He literally jumped up and down while telling me how good it was! He said it's the best movie he's ever seen. That he's never been to a theater where people gave a standing ovation at the end of the movie.

Anyone else going to see it when it opens in a few days???

Hadn't really been planning on it, but we saw the reviews a few weeks ago, and had to admit we were impressed. So - now that we've seen "Ratatouille" (and liked it... how can a rat be so cute??? And why do I now want to make ratatouille?? :blush:) and after we get to "Ocean's Thirteen", maybe that'll be next. Glad to know John liked it so much!!

Is everyone asleep out there, or is anyone up with me??? :(

pjbs35a
07-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Anybody else awake ???

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 04:25 AM
See Dick and Jane run.

Does that answer your question?

Great long term memory, Rhonda!:thumbsup:
Teaching reading is not what it used to be.:read:

Is everyone asleep out there, or is anyone up with me??? :(

It's 3:00 AM here. I got up after a disturbing dream.

Anybody else awake ???

See above. I may just stay up as grandson will be awake soon and his mom goes to work @ 4:30.

Who'll make the coffee?

Dsnygirl
07-03-2007, 07:00 AM
Anybody else awake ???

I may just stay up as grandson will be awake soon and his mom goes to work @ 4:30.

Who'll make the coffee?
I was.... and still am!! So - I'll make the coffee, but then I'm off to bed - you guys enjoy it!! Save a wee cup for me for later, if you don't mind... :)

How's everyone's day starting?? Anybody w/ the day off?? Any special plans?? (I'm living vicariously through you all today.... I'm just sleeping and going back to work. But - tonight's the "pay" night for the hospital - double time and a half.... whoo hoo!! :woohoo: :joy: I really won't mind working tonight!! :D)

alpro2
07-03-2007, 07:02 AM
See Dick and Jane run.

Is that like:
You can pick your nose
You can pick your friends
But you can't pick your friends nose
???

Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic
Margarita - yes, I like lime with my tequila. Of course, I'm not supposed to drink them, but I did find some "lite" margarita mix that should be OK.

Rhoda - I have found a sugar-free margarita mix, made with Splenda. I haven't tried it yet, but how bad can it be when you add tequila? PM me if you want the website.

pogo
07-03-2007, 07:11 AM
Good morning...... I slept soooo good..... glad I didn't have to stay up all night. Anybody else ?

(PS - Problem now... I'm at work, craving margaritas... :()
Sorry neighbor. :D

Lite Margaita ? Sounds like something Deb would drink. :D

Who'll make the coffee?
I'll make the coffee for you.

Want to talk about your dream ? Did it include Big Al and his pink golf balls ? :D

alpro2
07-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Want to talk about your dream ? Did it include Big Al and his pink golf balls ? :D
Oh yes, that would be disturbing. :D Wait until you see them, um, fly? (worms beware)

Anybody working today?

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 08:41 AM
I was.... and still am!! So - I'll make the coffee, but then I'm off to bed - you guys enjoy it!! Save a wee cup for me for later, if you don't mind... :)

How's everyone's day starting?? Anybody w/ the day off?? Any special plans?? (I'm living vicariously through you all today.... I'm just sleeping and going back to work. But - tonight's the "pay" night for the hospital - double time and a half.... whoo hoo!! :woohoo: :joy: I really won't mind working tonight!! :D)

Great Coffee!, Thanks!:surf:

Is that like:
You can pick your nose
You can pick your friends
But you can't pick your friends nose
???

:confused:Why Not? :D

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 08:41 AM
The straight tequila I can do....but the coffee? :sick:I haven't done the straight tequila since that night one of Brian's friends kept buying them for me (about 20 years ago!)....Man what a mess....I'll take mine in a :marg: if you don't mind...

I agree with the camping thing/
My idea of camping is staying at a value resort.
Agreed.

John just got home from watching the sneak peek preview of Transformers... Anyone else going to see it when it opens in a few days???It opens here tonight....Harry wants to go...so maybe..

Anybody else awake ???I was awake at 3. Euan decided it was time to get up....I disagreed, but it was a futile discussion. Why don't little kids keep their dad's awake?

Great long term memory, Rhonda!:thumbsup:
Teaching reading is not what it used to be.:read: I learned by reading Dr. Seuss books. My mom got very sick just after I was born, so she amused me by teaching me to read. I remember reading Mr. Whisker's books when I was little....My dad bought the Dick and Jane books for my kids to read. They wouldn't have anything to do with them.
It's 3:00 AM here. I got up after a disturbing dream.Was it the dream where I was kept awake by my DS3? It was quite disturbing....

Happy Tuesday everyone! I had yesterday off in honour of Canada Day ... so it's a nice short week! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Lite Margaita ? Sounds like something Deb would drink.

I'll make the coffee for you.

Do you think I would drink anything?:marg::beer::wine::papple::cheers::coffee :

offwego
07-03-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh my...what a morning. Where did my nice young boy go? One of my boys had a hormonal fit this morning. I can't believe what he said to me. He hates me, wishes I wasn't his mother and he wants to move. :( My heart is breaking. I know it was hormones talking, I know he didn't mean it, I know teens say stupid stuff like that...but I am raising them alone and do so much for them it hurts so much to hear those words. Sorry about this Lynne...you will get through this it just often doesn't seem like it. Please feel free to use us as a sounding board as often as you need to!

We went to see Ratatouille last night and really enjoyed it. I thought it was sweet and LOVED the animation and artistry. There's a fresh pot of coffee here though in case someone would like it..
Is that coffee still here? Glad you liked the movie..

D suppose to get more storms today I just hope their not as bad today as that one yesterday. Hope your weather is getting better. Are you working on the 4th? If so lots of pixie dust headed your way to deal with the crowds!

I'm floating in the escape pod (my office) right now. The house is full of Munchkins and they're already fighting with each other. If the tin man shows up you should worry. The monkey's too.

I haven't done the straight tequila since that night one of Brian's friends kept buying them for me (about 20 years ago!)....Man what a mess....I'll take mine in a :marg: if you don't mind...
I learned by reading Dr. Seuss books. My mom got very sick just after I was born, so she amused me by teaching me to read. I remember reading Mr. Whisker's books when I was little....My dad bought the Dick and Jane books for my kids to read. They wouldn't have anything to do with them. Was it the dream where I was kept awake by my DS3? It was quite disturbing....

Happy Tuesday everyone! I had yesterday off in honour of Canada Day ... so it's a nice short week! :thumbsup:
Yep like those short weeks! I too no longer do the dreaded tequila thing...there was a wedding..and water glasses instead of shot glasses...and a big headache..and a toddler to get out of a kilt and well a lot of blurry. However not so blurry that the groom and I couldn't notice that the best man should not give said toddler a water glass with teqila in it too. Apparently he felt the wee guy should celebrate. We didn't think so.

I was also a Dr. Seuss reader..can't recall the other ones however.

Now where did we leave the coffee?

Oh and Alex the grey goose idea sounds mighty fine...olives or twist?

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Oh and Alex the grey goose idea sounds mighty fine...olives or twist?Did you know that Alex is the barmaid now? He counts on his legs to get him extra tips..... Tequila and toddlers never go together Nat.... They should start with Scotch.. :D

OMG -- I forgot to congratulate Adam and Scott, Lynne! I fully expect to be supporting them at the Commonwealth and Olympic games in the not so distant future!!! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
07-03-2007, 09:43 AM
OK, why does it work this way? I popped awake about 4:30 and lay there with my mind racing until a few minutes before the alarm went off. Then I fell into a hard sleep. Punched the snooze button several times and then overslept by several minutes. Somehow I still made it to the office sort of on time.

I just know that sometime in the middle of the day I'm going to zone out.

Tomorrow's the big day around here. Our little town of about 4,000 swells to 40,000-50,000. We host the "official" NC Fourth of July festival. The big naturalization ceremony was yesterday, and the second concert I play in was last night.

We're closing at noon, so I'd better get to workin'.

alpro2
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
Oh and Alex the grey goose idea sounds mighty fine...olives or twist?
Twist all the way. I am not a olive person (despite my heritage).

Did you know that Alex is the barmaid now? He counts on his legs to get him extra tips.....
As opposed to counting on my fingers?

I think all of us have at least one tequila story from our past. What do you think? :blush:

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I think all of us have at least one tequila story from our past. What do you think? :blush:I'll bet some have two.... (Good thing you have two legs, eh Alex?) ;)

offwego
07-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Twist all the way. I am not a olive person (despite my heritage).
Hmm..I can do a straight up martini but like it with the olives (at least two). I've tried the twist thing but it doesn't give you enough umph...maybe cause I normally have them pretty dry?

I just know that sometime in the middle of the day I'm going to zone out.
We're closing at noon, so I'd better get to workin'. So your plans are to zone out as soon as you finish work?

I'll bet some have two.... (Good thing you have two legs, eh Alex?) ;)
Two stories like that would be one way to many. Mind you there are other stories..a couple perhaps..more like articles then stories though. Anyone remember caps?

alpro2
07-03-2007, 10:54 AM
I think you ladies may have more stories than us guys. If memory serves me, it is always the gals who try to keep up with us "He Men". ;) Guys - feel free to join in. Guys? Guys? Anybody out there? (something tells me that I am about to get slammed :-o)

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Hmm..I can do a straight up martini but like it with the olives (at least two).Aren't the olives the meal part of a martini???

Anyone remember caps? or quarters? Both are equally messy experiences.....especially since I don't like or drink beer -- the rum goes to the head much quicker! :ill:

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 10:56 AM
I think you ladies may have more stories than us guys. If memory serves me, it is always the gals who try to keep up with us "He Men". ;) Guys - feel free to join in. Guys? Guys? Anybody out there? (something tells me that I am about to get slammed :-o)
oooooooorrrrr Is it the He Men plying us with liquor in order to better their odds of acceptance???? :D

alpro2
07-03-2007, 11:02 AM
oooooooorrrrr Is it the He Men plying us with liquor in order to better their odds of acceptance???? :D
:funny::rotfl: (that was very good Jen).

Do you really think that we need to peddle the liquor to gain acceptance? Don't most of us "have you at hello"? :D

offwego
07-03-2007, 11:06 AM
Do all holiday's do this to you? How do you know the stories aren't about guys? For instance poor DH was so far into those water glasses he didn't even see DS being handed one...so there smarty!

Aren't the olives the meal part of a martini???
or quarters? Both are equally messy experiences.....especially since I don't like or drink beer -- the rum goes to the head much quicker! :ill: that's what I always thought about the olives. And yes I remember quarters.

I've always thought so...why else do they buy so often?

offwego
07-03-2007, 11:08 AM
:funny::rotfl: (that was very good Jen).

Do you really think that we need to peddle the liquor to gain acceptance? Don't most of us "have you at hello"? :D

No I'm pretty sure that happens at "here's that big hunk of diamond you wanted"

If liquor peddling isn't effective shouldn't someone tell all those young men to stop wasting their paycheques?

alpro2
07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
For instance poor DH was so far into those water glasses he didn't even see DS being handed one...so there smarty!

Was that your wedding Nat? :D

Originally Posted by offwego

Then there comes the wedding cake....and you know what they say about wives and wedding cakes? :D

offwego
07-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Was that your wedding Nat? :D

Then there comes the wedding cake....and you know what they about wives and wedding cakes? :D
No at our wedding DS was heavily into the gingerale...the tequila was at our best friends wedding where he was ring bearer...which he was at ours as well. (confused yet)

I'm not following you on the wedding cake. Is there a thing there?

pogo
07-03-2007, 11:42 AM
I think all of us have at least one tequila story from our past. What do you think?
Or two .... or three.... or ....... I don't know how many. Do you think I drink too much ? :D

I'll bet some have two.... (Good thing you have two legs, eh Alex?) ;)

I think you ladies may have more stories than us guys. If memory serves me, it is always the gals who try to keep up with us "He Men". ;) Guys - feel free to join in. Guys? Guys? Anybody out there? (something tells me that I am about to get slammed :-o) Would you believe you're on your own here ?

oooooooorrrrr Is it the He Men plying us with liquor in order to better their odds of acceptance???? :D Will that work ?

We do ? you mean I've wasted my money in the past ?

Then there comes the wedding cake....and you know what they say about wives and wedding cakes?
Huh ? :shrug:

alpro2
07-03-2007, 11:49 AM
Pogo, Pogo, Pogo....leaving me hanging. I can see my call for support fell upon deaf ears.

As far as the wedding cake crack, wedding cake to brides can be compared to Salt Peter to the soldiers in the Revolutionary War. Do I need to explain further?

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 12:00 PM
As far as the wedding cake crack, wedding cake to brides can be compared to Salt Peter to the soldiers in the Revolutionary War. Do I need to explain further?
Now it's my turn to laugh. :funny: :rotfl: That was funny Alex.....

Our wedding cake was dropped on the walkway outside of the reception....What does that tell you?

Christine
07-03-2007, 12:05 PM
I think all of us have at least one tequila story from our past. What do you think? :blush:

I'm sure I do...but I can't remember it :scratch:

Have fun, Ken, at your Fourth celebration!

Hope everyone has a safe holiday. We will be heading to Shreveport to spend the fourth at the Louisiana Boardwalk for some shopping, fine eats, kids activities (including a candy apple eating contest...who thought that up? :sick:) and fireworks.

How much luck do you think I'll have keeping John out of the boats??? :spend:
Did you know there are no poker or slot machine smilies??

offwego
07-03-2007, 12:41 PM
Now it's my turn to laugh. :funny: :rotfl: That was funny Alex.....

Our wedding cake was dropped on the walkway outside of the reception....What does that tell you? That you had an open bar?

How much luck do you think I'll have keeping John out of the boats??? :spend:
Did you know there are no poker or slot machine smilies??

I had not noticed that....what would a poker smiley look like?

Christine
07-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I had not noticed that....what would a poker smiley look like?

Oh I don't know...maybe a little dude with the green visor, maybe dealing cards with a stack of chips in front of him...something like that?

Now if it were a smiley of ME playing poker, this :confused: would suffice.

offwego
07-03-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh I don't know...maybe a little dude with the green visor, maybe dealing cards with a stack of chips in front of him...something like that?

See I was thinking of that doggie poker poster. Do you need good luck for the apples or good luck to avoid the apples?

Christine
07-03-2007, 01:02 PM
See I was thinking of that doggie poker poster. Do you need good luck for the apples or good luck to avoid the apples?

Oh I am SO not doing the apples! DD is convinced she is. So I guess she needs good luck to win, and I need luck to avoid a mess later on the car ride home!

The shop that sponsors the apple eating contest is called the Chocolate Crocodile. They make all different kinds of gourmet apples. Do you think if I get a caramel apple with nuts and close my eyes I will feel like I'm in WDW??? :cloud9:

Nascfan
07-03-2007, 01:07 PM
Whoa, there's no way I can catch up on 3 pages of posts since I last was here.

Just zooping in to say "hi" to everybody, so...Hi everybody! :D How's that?

Christine
07-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Hi Scott!

Where ya been?

I'll try to catch you up...

something about tequila, Canadian and US holidays, wedding cake, and poker.

Better?

Nascfan
07-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Hi Scott!

Where ya been?

I'll try to catch you up...

something about tequila, Canadian and US holidays, wedding cake, and poker.

Better?

LOL! Much better, thanks. :thumbsup:

Been totally swamped at work, I was able to pop in a couple times over the weekend, but with golf practice for the daughter and all the other homelife obligations, ICot time gets tough.

Did I ask a question somewhere? Oh look, there it is.

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 01:23 PM

:funny::rotfl:

drummerboy
07-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Zooping in to catch up then right back out. Off to do Fourth stuff (or zone out, whichever comes first).

Everybody doing OK?

offwego
07-03-2007, 01:41 PM
Zooping in to catch up then right back out. Off to do Fourth stuff (or zone out, whichever comes first).

Everybody doing OK?

Deb is laughing so hard she forgot her question. Does that count?

Aren't you on minus minutes?

pogo
07-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Pogo, Pogo, Pogo....leaving me hanging. I can see my call for support fell upon deaf ears.
Hey Big Al....... do you want me to hang with you ? :D

Our wedding cake was dropped on the walkway outside of the reception....What does that tell you? That you ley Harry try to carry the cake all by himself ?? :confused:
Sorry cousin.... the devil made me do it ! :D

Do you think if I get a caramel apple with nuts and close my eyes I will feel like I'm in WDW???
Aren't you "nutty" enough already ? :D

:funny::rotfl: Are you trying to say :funny::rotfl: ?

Everybody doing OK?
Doing fine skipper ? Can I drive the ship while you're gone ?

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 01:58 PM
oooops!:blush:

Will this one suffice?

Mickey'sGirl
07-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Just zooping in to say "hi" to everybody, so...Hi everybody! :D How's that?Hey howdy Hey Scott! Have a great holiday!

Zooping in to catch up then right back out. Off to do Fourth stuff (or zone out, whichever comes first).Enjoy the fourth with your grandbabies Ken!

That you ley Harry try to carry the cake all by himself ?? :confused:He didn't arrive for another 5 years silly!

Does this mean that only Nat and Lynne and I will be around tomorrow?

pogo
07-03-2007, 02:06 PM
oooops!:blush:

Will this one suffice?
That will work. It's tough getting old isn't it ? :D

Hey howdy Hey Scott! Have a great holiday!
Enjoy the fourth with your grandbabies Ken!
He didn't arrive for another 5 years silly!

:nope: I'll be zooping in and out tomorrow. Would somebody please explain how do you zoop ? :D

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 02:11 PM
That will work. It's tough getting old isn't it ? :D:

BeHAVE!:D

Could someone please shoot some fireworks for me?

offwego
07-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey howdy Hey Scott! Have a great holiday!
Enjoy the fourth with your grandbabies Ken!
He didn't arrive for another 5 years silly!

Were you watching toy story this weekend perchance?

:nope: I'll be zooping in and out tomorrow. Would somebody please explain how do you zoop ? :D
I think it means you don't look where your going. Not sure of anything else but I'm pretty sure of that part.

pogo
07-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Good one...... so you do watch Austin Powers ? :D

Could someone please shoot some fireworks for me?
You want me to shoot you with some fireworks ? OK..... duck.... :fworks:

I think it means you don't look where your going. Not sure of anything else but I'm pretty sure of that part.
Thanks Nat ! Wanna bet I'll be good at that ? :bolt::D

Jasper
07-03-2007, 04:27 PM
So, you all may have already answered this, but how big of an impact does an all American Holiday like the Fourth of July impact the workload of those of you in other countries? I would especially wonder about you Nat up there in Canada because I would think the impact would be less on the other side of the pond in England and such places.

dlpmikki
07-03-2007, 04:46 PM
So, you all may have already answered this, but how big of an impact does an all American Holiday like the Fourth of July impact the workload of those of you in other countries? I would especially wonder about you Nat up there in Canada because I would think the impact would be less on the other side of the pond in England and such places.

Hi Jasper! Hope the back is OK at the moment!

So you have a holiday on the 4th July do you? Why is that then? ;) Tomorrow will be the same for me as usual - no impact on the 7 day weekend.......

Jasper
07-03-2007, 04:54 PM
Hi Jasper! Hope the back is OK at the moment!

So you have a holiday on the 4th July do you? Why is that then? ;) Tomorrow will be the same for me as usual - no impact on the 7 day weekend.......

Thanks for asking, the back is ok but not great. All I can say is thank God for pharmecuticals!!!

As for that little thing we do on the fourth of July, that would be to honor our kicking someones behind!! Now who would that be? :D:DHmm, maybe you can help answer that???

Ok, I know what you are going to say, "typical American, it's been 231 years and he still can't quit bragging about it!!":D:D

Of course, then you have your own bragging to do personally because you get that permanent 7 day weekend don't you?:D:D

Dsnygirl
07-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow - you guys have been busy!! Is anyone else out there shocked that it is the 4th of July already?? I just cannot believe we are halfway through this year already - where did it go?? (And NO comments from the peanut gallery, ALEX, re: margaritas....;))

Good morning...... I slept soooo good..... glad I didn't have to stay up all night.

:fresh:

Anyone working today?
Tonight... bring on the babies, 'cuz the $$ is good!! :baby:

I was awake at 3. Euan decided it was time to get up....I disagreed, but it was a futile discussion. Why don't little kids keep their dad's awake?

Question of the century.... although I have to say, my DH has had his "mom" ears on when I'm at work and has pulled a few all-nighters himself... but if I'm home?? The house could fall down around him, I swear...

I too no longer do the dreaded tequila thing...there was a wedding..and water glasses instead of shot glasses...and a big headache..and a toddler to get out of a kilt and well a lot of blurry.

I think you ladies may have more stories than us guys. If memory serves me, it is always the gals who try to keep up with us "He Men". Guys - feel free to join in. Guys? Guys? Anybody out there? (something tells me that I am about to get slammed)
Okay, I will confess to once (let me repeat, ONCE) trying to keep up with my DH and his :beer:'s while tailgating before a Bills game... call it being young and stupid, but I don't remember too much of the game except getting home to his mom's house and collapsing on the carpet in the family room for a long, deep sleep. (Luckily, this is what everyone else did, too, and as we were of age and her future in-laws, she forgave us...:blush:) Never tried THAT again!!

oooooooorrrrr Is it the He Men plying us with liquor in order to better their odds of acceptance????

Do you really think that we need to peddle the liquor to gain acceptance? Don't most of us "have you at hello"?

So you have a holiday on the 4th July do you? Why is that then? Tomorrow will be the same for me as usual - no impact on the 7 day weekend...
:fresh:

Christine
07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Yummmm! Just got back from running a few errands, and decided to treat myself to a :coffee: from Starbuck's on the way home!

When will the rain stop??? :umbrella:

Poor Olivia, she wakes up every morning and gets her towel and swimsuit, only to find more black clouds outside.

Oh well. As much of a damper (no pun intended) as it's been on her summer, we sure did need it! We've already replenished what the past four years of severe drought had taken away.

Blythe, have fun at work tonight as you roll in the dough! Where are you staying in October? Maybe this holiday pay could upgrade you???

mtown71
07-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi everybody!!!!! :hi: I'm at work now so I only have a minute to say hi. I can't read what all everyone typed. Anyone feel like giving me a reader's digest version?? Has anyone missed me? Does anyone care??? :pout: ;)
I have some tortilla wraps, veggies & some cherries to share if anyone wants some.
Happy 4th of July to all! Have a safe holiday!!!

alpro2
07-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi everybody!!!!! :hi: I'm at work now so I only have a minute to say hi. I can't read what all everyone typed. Anyone feel like giving me a reader's digest version?? Has anyone missed me? Does anyone care??? :pout: ;)
I have some tortilla wraps, veggies & some cherries to share if anyone wants some.
Who are you again? :D

Where's Ellen today?

pogo
07-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Tonight... bring on the babies, 'cuz the $$ is good!! :baby:
You mean to tell us you're selling babies ?

Poor Olivia, she wakes up every morning and gets her towel and swimsuit, only to find more black clouds outside.
Want to stick her on a plane for Rochester ?
I've been in our pool eight out of the last 10 days and loving it. Started to get a tan on my bald head.:thumbsup:

Happy 4th of July to all! Have a safe holiday!!! I missed you. ;) OK..... I lied.... who are you ? Just kidding....... I needed a question.

I'll try the Readers Digest version.
Christine is being mean.
Blythe is selling babies.
Alex is making us all laugh.
Jenn is being a sweatheart.
Ken is :old:
Jaspers back is getting better.
Lynne has two fantastic sons that just won a race in the under 16 catagorie.
Ellen is being a doll.
Mikki is Mikki with her usual witt.
Scott is trying to play golf and working hard.
Deb is eating veggies and watching Austin Powers movies.
Nat has more cool shoes.
Diane and you were AWOL.
and I've shaved my head. :D

alpro2
07-03-2007, 09:54 PM
Christine is being mean.
Ellen is being a doll.
Scott is trying to play gold and working hard.
Nat has more cool shoes.
Diane and you were AWOL.
and I've shaved my head. :D
Bravo, bravo! Very well put. But do you know who you forgot?

Sandy is giving away Mickey Bars.
Maria lost in tennis (to yours truly :D).
Frankie is still undercover.

Shall we call ourselves Cliff (as in Cliffs Notes)?

pogo
07-03-2007, 09:57 PM

Maria lost in tennis (to yours truly :D).

AAAaaaaaaaaaaa....... how much trouble do you think I'm in for forgetting them ? :D

disneydeb
07-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Boys, good job with the synopsis!

Do you see anything new?:party:

Did I GAIN anything?:party:

Does this make me look fat? or fatter?:D

pogo
07-03-2007, 10:14 PM

Yep ! Did I notice about a 14 post weight gain ? Congratulations !:D

Dsnygirl
07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Blythe, have fun at work tonight as you roll in the dough! Where are you staying in October? Maybe this holiday pay could upgrade you???
We're staying at All Star Movies - figured since we'll never be in the room, why pay for CBR, even though we LOVE it there... and we'll see what we think of it, as the girls would probably love to stay there next time!! (and that would allow us to spend a few nights at AK, maybe... :blush:)
This holiday is actually paying for the rest of the trip in October, and allowing me a little bit of freedom @ the LLBean outlet in Maine in August... :D

Hi everybody!!!!! :hi: I'm at work now so I only have a minute to say hi. I can't read what all everyone typed. Anyone feel like giving me a reader's digest version?? Has anyone missed me? Does anyone care???
I'm joining you from work - and yes we missed you!! Of course we care!! Esp. with all those yummy things you brought to eat - I'll add in my frosted chocolate chip cookie cake... :eat: Happy 4th of July to you, too!!

Dsnygirl
07-03-2007, 10:40 PM
:whew:

:party: Congrats on 10K!! Wow!! I was just feeling good about hitting 3K a while ago... you're WAY ahead of me!! Glad we're a part of your posts... :)

Ooops... did I forget a question?? Oh -nope... there it is... phew!!

pogo
07-03-2007, 10:47 PM
This holiday is actually paying for the rest of the trip in October, and allowing me a little bit of freedom @ the LLBean outlet in Maine in August... :D
:hi:Neighbor.......... are you going to buy me a gift from LLBEAN with the money you are making from selling the babies ? :D

Beast_fanatic
07-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Christine is being mean.
Ellen is being a doll.
Scott is trying to play golf and working hard.
Nat has more cool shoes.
Diane and you were AWOL.
and I've shaved my head.

Maria lost in tennis (to yours truly).

AAAaaaaaaaaaaa....... how much trouble do you think I'm in for forgetting them ?

Not as much trouble as Alex. Not only did you forget me, but Alex left me off his list, and he called me Rhoda yesterday. :nono:

:sad: I'll just be over here in the corner pouting. :pout: :humph:

Can I be exempt from asking a question since I seem to be invisible? :ccat:

pogo
07-03-2007, 10:58 PM

Oh Rhonda....... I'm so sorry. I knew I would forget someone. Can you ever forgive me ? :D

marlyn
07-03-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi JQ gang. How is your day going? I had the day off so spent a quiet day here with the kids. Didn't so anything special, just hung out.

Well, I am officially NOT going to make it to the big INTERCOT meet in October. Looks like we are having a bit of a family reunion here on October 14th. I look forward to seeing you all at another time though.

Wow...... a pretty lady....... fun to be with..... with two funny DS's.... lovely Mom and Dad...... and you drink straight tequilla.

Can you be at WDW in Oct. 2008 for the F&WF ? I'll bring the Quervo Gold !

:blush: Awww, shucks. 2008 huh? Hmmmm, you just never know. ;)

Right there with you... I like tequila just about any way you serve it. Coffee, on the other hand, must be sweet - just like me. (Did I REALLY just say that???)

Yes, you did just say it....but I can see why! You are sweet :)

I haven't done the straight tequila since that night one of Brian's friends kept buying them for me (about 20 years ago!)....Man what a mess....I'll take mine in a :marg: if you don't mind...

:marg::marg:

Sorry about this Lynne...you will get through this it just often doesn't seem like it. Please feel free to use us as a sounding board as often as you need to!

Thanks a ton. Things have been better the last few days. It is the teens I guess...a hormonal mess of a time.

OMG -- I forgot to congratulate Adam and Scott, Lynne! I fully expect to be supporting them at the Commonwealth and Olympic games in the not so distant future!!! :thumbsup:

We can cheer them on together and sip :marg:

Beast_fanatic
07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Oh Rhonda....... I'm so sorry. I knew I would forget someone. Can you ever forgive me ? :D

Shouldn't you at least offer me some sugar-free cookies?

Christine
07-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Christine is being mean.

How am I being mean???

how much trouble do you think I'm in for forgetting them ? :D

Not near as much trouble as you are for calling me mean!

May I join you? :cry: :pout: