PDA

View Full Version : Which Value Resort for Lil' Ones

prshell
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey Everyone! Haven't posted in a while. We are taking my 3 grandchildren to WDW for their first time in February (4, 3, 1). We've stayed at ASMu a couple of times and really liked it. Which Value would you suggest for younger kids? I'm thinking Pop might be fun and the bus system with a stroller might be a bit eaiser. Thanks for the help and have a Magical Day!!:mickey:

biodtl
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
The theming in all of them is like eye-candy to kids, but ASMo could be good, because the icons from the movies might be more familiar to them. If they are Dalmation or Toy Story fans, having a giant dalmation or Buzz Lightyear outside their room is very exciting.

wilshade
06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Pop Century is great for kids! I have yet to see a kid not laugh when they see the "Hippy Dippy Pool". And they seem to love saying that name over and over.

Also, the big icons are stuff from most adults' childhood, and it is a great way to get kids to ask "Did you really have one of those Big Wheels when you were a kid, Dad?"

The smaller icons have their own appeal for kids. Take them to the permanent Twister game and let them play it.

Everything Pop is one of the best hotel gift shops on property.

Tye-dyed cheesecake for dessert!

And . . . the coolest Pizza Delivery vehicles in WDW.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I would lean towards POP, just so you're sure that you won't share busses, as I'm sure that the kids will be worn-out and you'll want to spend as little time as possible on transportation.

We were going to stay at POP a couple of years ago, and went to visit it, and thought it was great for kids, bright, lots to look at, I think they would enjoy it.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm always in the minority with questions about Value's. ;)

We love Movies. My kids love everything about it. Especially Buzz and Woody. We have not stayed at the other AS but, I know they are pretty similar. We never had a problem with the buses and they hardly ever shared with the other AS. The Fantasia pool is great. The food court is average. The kids were happy with their choices.

We did not like Pop too much. It is a really big resort and was just too busy all the time. Especially the food court. The food selection is better then Movies but, it was packed all the time. My kids asked to go eat back in the room. It might be better in Feb. though. Not as busy as September.

I think the kids will like them all. Movies is just a favorite of ours. Have a great trip!!

thejens
06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I've only stayed at ASMovies, but I have to agree with the above poster, it's great. My kids (3 and 9) don't really get the humor and nostalgia of PoP, but absolutely love Herbie the Love Bug and Toy Story. We found the courtyard really fun to walk through and look at all the big characters. There are a few little squirty water features in addition to the big pool and baby pool area. They really enjoyed it. I am a bit of a deluxe snob, but was quite impressed by the cute room and beautifully landscaped grounds too. You might want to see if any of the kids involved are "into" any special movies or characters. You should have seen the look on my 3 year old son's face when he saw a life size "real Herbie!!!" Older kids might enjoy POP more than my boys.