PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism Threat Raised?

iceicebritney
06-20-2007, 08:41 AM
I was just wondering all you upcoming travelers felt about the new Al Quida video that was just released yesterday about the graduation ceremony for the suicide bombers... I'm flying to the world tmrw and i'm not really looking forward to the flight now with everything going on. Does anyone know if they have elevated security procedures at all in wdw or at MCO (orlando international) because of this at all?
I dont usually get nervous before flying at all - but this is some pretty scarey stuff!

CleveSJM
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
I wouldn't worry much. Security procedures, visibile and behind the scenes, have been elevated for some time. They are doing an extremely good job. That is why you need so much time to get through airport security now. Just get to the airport early and don't get frustrated by the delay. It's for everyone's safety.

crazypoohbear
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
I haven't heard about that?!
I know how you feel though, I'd feel the same way.
Just remind yourself as you stand in the lines at the airport that they will catch this "new batch"

Darbylew
06-20-2007, 10:49 AM
I had not heard of the new threat either. I do
not fly. We live here in Florida and drive every
time to WDW. It takes us about seven hours as
we live up in the panhandle of Florida.
:car:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
NOVEMBER 2007! :D

vamaggie
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
I have not heard this either but if so, now is probably the safeest time to fly as everyone is extra vigilant and carfeul. Go, make sure you have plenty of time to get through security and ENJOY YOUR WDW TRIP!!!!

Polynesian Dweller
06-20-2007, 01:25 PM
It was actually a Taliban tape. That said, not personally worried at all. Fear is what they are really after and I refuse to let them make me afraid. They can only win if people let them by fearing every threat.

Security is better than its ever been and people are vigilant in ways they weren't before. So, just go on with your life and enjoy. That's the best and winning reaction.

Jen C.
06-20-2007, 02:47 PM
It was actually a Taliban tape. That said, not personally worried at all. Fear is what they are really after and I refuse to let them make me afraid. They can only win if people let them by fearing every threat.

Security is better than its ever been and people are vigilant in ways they weren't before. So, just go on with your life and enjoy. That's the best and winning reaction.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Be afraid and they win. Fear not, they lose.

iceicebritney
06-20-2007, 10:22 PM
thanks Polynesian Dweller.. you have an excellent point and that makes me feel a little better knowing that i am letting them win by letting all of this get to me!
for those of you who haven't heard about the new tape - taliban or whoever it may be, just go to your favorite cable news channel's website... i believe ABC NEWS had the exclusive rights to the tape and aired it yesterday afternoon at 1pm.
thanks so much all - see ya real soon!

LoriMistress
06-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I would suggest a few days before your flight I would check your airlines website to find out if there are any new polices.

snifflesmcg
06-21-2007, 12:05 AM
This is the first I've heard about this. I don't worry too much. My feeling is that I can't change what is going to happen and I refuse to let terrorist win by hiding under a rock. I was on vacation in FL for 9-11....thankfully I drove down.

mttafire
06-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't worry much. Security procedures, visibile and behind the scenes, have been elevated for some time. They are doing an extremely good job. That is why you need so much time to get through airport security now. Just get to the airport early and don't get frustrated by the delay. It's for everyone's safety.

i agree, i feel much safer now than before 9/11.I applaud the job this nation has done to try to prevent another attack. I would NOT worry, we just need to live our lives and be optimistic.:thumbsup:

psychotekkie
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Can't live your life in fear. There are a million ways we can get hurt or killed every day: car accident, random violence, trip and fall, struck by lightning, heart attack, kidnapping LOL I know I am exaggerating, but the likelihood of any of these things (including terrorist attack) is slim.

So just enjoy life. If it was ever cut short, you would not want to have wasted it being stressed out and afraid.

little disney lovers
06-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Don't be afraid, then they win!
The airport security is quite amazing, My family have been security checked a couple of times. While it is an inconvenience, time-consuming and frustrating, It is for everyones safety. Just be patient, and when the ask you to stand with your arms out and legs apart so they can pat you down, Just grin and bear it.
Close your eyes and think of where your going!:mickey:

T--
06-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't pay much attention to this.
By staying in a constant state of fear, one is more easily manipulated.
You don't know how much of this "terror" stuff is manufactured for that purpose.
I can remember countless "elevated threat levels" and that ridiculous rainbow color chart. Nothing came of any of it except a lot of unnecessary fear and behavior some would say is unbecoming of Americans.
Go live your life like you always have, that's the last thing the terrorists would want.

LibertyTreeGal
06-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Unfortunately, Al Qaeda isn't full of idiots, if they were about to do something they would want as little fanfare as possible since numerous attempts have already been squashed here in the US and abroad. They just like to prod at us every once in a while so they can have some bit of control.