PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think this?

Narawen
06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
I think there should be four hotel "levels" instead of 3. I have visited the boardwalk and Y&B club and would love to stay there, but don't want to pay "deluxe" pricing. To me, the deluxe hotels should be limited to the monorail hoels and AKL, maybe WL. The rest should be somewhere between deluxe and moderate pricing. I just can't see spending that money without the closeness to the MK and unique experience the monorail gives, or the animals the AKL has.

Are the Boardwalk, Y&B club, etc worth the deluxe price without the monorail or animals just outside your room?

Mackflava99
06-20-2007, 01:34 AM
I am at the beach club right now and say "yes"

Easy walk to Epcot- long walk to MGM- LOTS of dinner places, fun at night and AM-
Plus the hotel pool is great-

DawsonAR
06-20-2007, 07:09 AM
I would have to say theYC with the walk to EPCOT and MGM is worth every penny. We stay there more when we don't have the little ones with us.

big blue and hairy
06-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Funny, some people say the same thing about the levels, but they say it about WL & AKL. Saying that they should be on a slightly lower level, I don't agree with that, though. WL and AKL are on a slightly different level price-wise, but they are definitely deluxe. It just goes to show that different people like different things. DW and I want to stay at BC/YC because it's such a deluxe hotel and because it's close to Epcot and Disney-MGM. I guess that's why there are so many different choices.

:sulley:

Spaceship Tigger
06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I think there should be four hotel "levels" instead of 3.

I think there really already are 4 levels of pricing, but not what you're thinking. The rooms at AKL and WL are considerably cheaper than most of the other deluxe rooms. I believe this is mainly attributed to the slightly smaller room sizes and distance from the parks. Since the Boardwalk and YC/BC have larger rooms and are within walking distance to Epcot and MGM, they fall in the higher deluxe category.

CanadianWDWFan
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
I feel that the BW/YC/BC resorts have better locations than the monorail and other deluxe resorts. Why wait for the monorail when you can walk to two parks?

Since the rooms at these three resorts are bigger and you can walk to Epcot and MGM easily puts them in the Deluxe range, IMO.

big blue and hairy
06-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Not to give any Disney bean-counters any ideas, but as I've said before, I think Pop Century is actually a little more moderate than the All-Stars, not as much as the actual moderates, but a little nicer than the All-Stars.

I also feel that way about Coronado Springs, it feels a little more deluxe to me than CBR and PO, not as nice as the deluxes, but a little nicer.

:stop: No, we don't need twelve levels Disney guys!! I'm sure lots of folks disagree with me anyway.

:sulley:

faline
06-20-2007, 08:40 AM
I can't say I agree with your reasoning. The Epcot area resorts are every bit a deluxe as are the other resorts.

MNNHFLTX
06-20-2007, 09:10 AM
I think there really already are 4 levels of pricing, but not what you're thinking. The rooms at AKL and WL are considerably cheaper than most of the other deluxe rooms. I believe this is mainly attributed to the slightly smaller room sizes and distance from the parks. Since the Boardwalk and YC/BC have larger rooms and are within walking distance to Epcot and MGM, they fall in the higher deluxe category.Exactly what I was going to say. The Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge are very cool and have their own special amenities, but the Beach/Yacht Club and Boardwalk deserve to be priced somwhat higher, due to their location and room size/amenities.

Dakota Rose
06-21-2007, 11:15 PM
I think POP could be bumped to moderate, too. And I've also wondered what makes certain deluxe hotels deluxe. Maybe we could have a superior level. I'm not going to get into the discussion about which hotel should be in which category...but, if we're only basing categories on proximities and alternate trans to parks (i.e. walking paths, boats, etc) then what do you do with the PO resorts? They have boats to DTD. Course I'm partial to PO....so just disregard me.:blush:

Polynesian Dweller
06-22-2007, 06:16 PM
We stay at the Poly because its on the monorail and has great transportation to MK. Our friends stay at YC because its near Epcot and the Boardwalk nightlife. Both choices are deluxe and worth the money for each of us. Each suits our different tastes and needs. As someone else said here, maybe that's why they have choices.

TheRustyScupper
06-23-2007, 02:58 PM
1) WL and AKL are called Deluxe.
2) But, they are actually "1st Class", per Disney.
3) Thus, the slight price break from Deluxe resorts.
4) BC/YC and BW do classify as Deluxe, per Disney.

NOTE: Sure, it would be nice to get BC/YC or BW for the price of a Moderate, but they do qualify as Deluxe. Plus, the convenience to the Boardwalk and Epcot/MGM keep them near a par with Poly/GF/CR.

mprewitt
06-23-2007, 03:34 PM
I think there should be four hotel "levels" instead of 3.

There already are 4 levels:

1) Value
2) Moderate
3) Deluxe
4) DVC