bratmaster
06-20-2007, 12:24 AM
cast members:
me
DH
DD11
DD7
DS4

Today the mood finally improved. The girls started out good; my little talk seemed to have really helped. We headed to Epcot today to focus on future world. Today would go down in history for us as DS4's epic tantrum at the turnstyle. DS4 was pretty much as good as he could be on this trip, excpet for a few tantrums. (which in comparison to the girls i would take a few blow-out tantrums over all day whiny any day, so this was not a major damper for me.) But this tantrum was by far the worst of the trip, possibly in the top 10 worst of his life. Upon entering the park i pushed in our tickets and quickly pushed the turnstyle for everyone, as i had always done. For some reason today DS4 just had his little heart set on doing the turnstyle HIMSELF. I wish he had given me a heads up, because for the next 20 minutes we were stuck at the entrance to the park with a screaming mass hysteria fit from DS4. Once he gets like this there is virtually no distracting him. He just had to push that [edit] turnstyle. We were helpless. nothing we tried to say helped. DH even got a lady to agree to let him re-enter the park, but DS wanted to go through THAT turnstyle, not HERS. It was just mortifyingly embarrassing, as every poor person entering the park was greeted by DS's eternal bloody screaming fit. I have learned over the years with this boy and his completely pointless fits to just try to picture myself invisible. It is my only defense. I really wished i had a shirt with the words "AUTISTIC" going across him, because people just think you can't control your kid when they see him act like that. (Ok, we CAN'T control our kid, but at least we have a reason!) Finally, some park employee came over and hauled DS4 away. i was not sure where, becasue i was going from embarrassed to trying to fish out the video camera in the hopes that at least maybe someday we would find this amusing. DH said that we must look really awful now; our kid throwing a fit and us standing there video taping him. But i said hey, there's nothing we can do anyways, we may as well record this for our future defense when DCFS shows up. So by the time i got the camera out DS was taken away and i missed the actual fit. But i did trn it on in time to see him standing back in the line, and somehow magically they let him push his own way through the SAME turnstyle through which he origionally entered. I think people actually applauded; i know we did. The little punk came out all smiles as if nothing had happened, and we continued cheerily on our way. He was an angel the rest of the day.
The day went pretty wel, the girls were being decent. and then the rain started. Hereafter it would rain every day of our trip, but other than today it was only inconvenient showers. But today it was a mass total downpour. Our shoes were all drenched completely. The dryer at the hotle was being used already (no surprise). I was worried about them being ruined, and then remembered a trick my mom taught me. She taught me to keep stuffing them with paper towels and the towels absorb the moisture pretty quick. just keep replacing the paper towels. But of course we had no roll of paper towels. Then it occured to me to stuff them with washrags from our room. Excellent idea, but we did not have enough of them. (I hope housekeeping has forgiven me for stealing off the washrags off their cart.) This worked like a charm, and after today i brough my crocs in a plastic bag to switch into when the rain came, and DD's just wore their crocs from here out. Lesson well learned. The only other real event of the day was that we were trying to make a relatively early trek out of the park, at 7pn when future world closed. We had gotten some pictures made at journey into imagination where they morph your images into the background, about 3 hours prior, and stopped at photo pick-up to get them on the way out. I was never so irate in my life. not only were the pics. not there, but we wound up waiting an infuritaing hour+ for them to be sent over. It was again pouring, and we wanted some downtime at the hotel, but this was never to be our fate tonight. i was complaining to everyone in there, and then complained to guest services. it was supposed to be a 10 minute wait, and i was livid by an hour's end, and even more so at the poor customer service that i was provided. Nobody did anything, nobody offered and condolenses, let alone compensation. I asked for a nubmer to file a complaint and was not even directed tp any number or person to complain to. Even asking for a manager did me no good, so i felt very much at the mercy of disney, who i expected would be jumping hoops to insure guest satisfaction. DH is a restaurant manager and is quick to keep his customers happy. If there is any dissatisfaction at all the customer is quickly given whatever they want to make them happy again, so i was just very shocked that disney had no guest satisfaction like that. I wound up getting handed my pics. in the pouring rain and i could not even take them out to look at them for fear of ruining them. The person just handed them to me and left. I still am looking for a complaint #, if anyone has one!
Otherwise, our day was uneventful and enjoyable.

faline
06-20-2007, 05:53 AM
Hope you had a chance to enjoy Future World's attractions and that the rain didn't interfere too much with your touring!

Here's the contact information if you wish to file a complaint.

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

[email protected]

January-2007
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Thanks for reporting.

Lizzie
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the report.

Mickey'sGirl
06-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I understand about the independence of little boys! Our DS3 loved to put his card through himself. I'm glad it got all sorted out and you enjoyed your day at Epcot...and that you eventually got the photos you had been waiting for. :mickey:

offwego
06-21-2007, 01:07 PM
I hope they pics turned out after all that waiting.

pdrlkr
06-22-2007, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-23-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
this truel sounds like THEE best day so far!! expect for the minor tantrum of your son..but nothing can go perfectly!!..but i think that whole picture thing would of ticked me off more than anything on this day!! sometimes disney is just off...but i hope those pictures came out good, and that your glad you finally got them!!! :mickey:

iheartmickey
06-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Despite the tantrum sounds like you all had another good day.

Thank you for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2007, 10:45 PM
Thanks for sharing

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:42 AM
thanks for sharing !

vizsla
07-02-2007, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
07-02-2007, 05:53 AM
I am glad that you had a better day today despite the tantrum and the downpour.

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Sorry about the rocky start and the rain. Still I would rather be in Disney:thumbsup:I hope the pics came out good too:mickey:Thanks for sharing:geek: