PDA

View Full Version : Babe's FastPass & Baby Swap Tips

Babe the Blue Ox
06-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Just back from 10 days in Central Florida and thought that I would attempt to clear up some of the confusion and answer some of the questions concerning these valuable park programs.

FastPass
-FastPasses are available when each park opens, although there is a minumum 30 minute wait before the beginning ride time arrives.
-The next time that you can obtain a FastPass is clearly marked on the pass. It will often be the same time that the current pass becomes valid, unless the wait time is over two hours. In this case, the next pass will be available after two hours.
-At the Animal Kingdom the maximum wait time for another pass is only one hour.
-Even though the pass states a beginning and ending time, only the beginning time is enforced. I used multiple "expired" passes in every park and was never once questioned about their validity.
-The newly redesigned passes are larger than the old only and clearly state the date that they were obtained. I did not attempt to use any passes after their date so I don't know if this will work or not. This has never been a problem in the past, although the date on the old style passes was printed in nearly microscopic print.
-"Soarin" was the only ride where the attendant counted the passes to make sure that I had one for each rider.

Rider Switch Pass (aka Baby Swap)
-My youngest child (age 4) is now 45 inches tall so we only had to get swap passes on two rides: Aerosmith and Primeval Whirl. (Not sure why this one has a 48" minimum).
-Rider switch passes do have an expiration date but do not have to be used on the same date that they were obtained. The pass that I received for Aerosmith was valid until June 30 for example.
-Rider switch passes are still good for up to three guests.
-These are used just like FastPasses in that the first adult waits outside the ride with the child and then goes through the FastPass line when it is his/her turn to ride. Again they can take up to two additional riders with them.
-You must show the attendant the non-rider in order to obtain the pass. I made the mistake once of letting my wife and son go into a gift shop instead of accompanying me to the ride, which cost us a little time.
-It is still acceptable to combine these two programs. I would attempt to explain this, but the last time I tried to do that my thread got locked after over 100 replies and almost 5,000 views.

If you still have questions about either of these two programs just let me know. I may be able to help.

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the information, this is good to know as we are taking DGD 1 year old in December.

DawsonAR
06-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Thanks for the info. I hope you had a good trip.

amy711
06-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the info. I am going in December with a 5 year old who is very short for her age and it is good to know that my hubby can wait with her and still be able to go on the ride without the long wait all over again and take a couple of my other kids on the ride with him.