PDA

View Full Version : 50's Prime Time Cafe

disney crazy family
06-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Can you please give me your opinions on this ts? I have reservations for lunch in Sept and have not heard alot about it. I have a 5 year old- will she enjoy it?
:confused:

DisneyDreams09
06-19-2007, 11:12 PM
We ate lunch at the Prime TIMe and it was awesome, there were five of us, my hubby and I I was 21 and he was 24, our 3 year old, my mother, and my brother who was 12 at the time,
ONe thing I loved about there was that the specialty drinks were included with the dining plan.
Compared to the Dinner menu, I much perfered lunch, if I may make a suggestions the pot pie is wonderful
I think I five year old would enjoy it very much they will really cater to kids, :mickey:

Im a newbie too, nice to talk to someone else new to intercot!

Rachael the Newbie:mickey:

06/06-OKW FIRST TIME
10/09? (suggestions for 5)

Mickey91
06-19-2007, 11:20 PM
We have eaten there twice. We love it! You need to have a sense of humor. Realize that part of the experience is having your "cousin" or "Aunt" tell you to eat all your vegies and "don't put your elbows on the table" etc. They work to embarrass you!:mickey: It is a lot of fun!

HndrdPrcnt
06-19-2007, 11:23 PM
All I can tell you is that we LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! It is so much fun and it is great to have such fun interaction with your server and all the servers around you. It is a lot of fun. Be sure to wear your hat in to the restaurant!

snifflesmcg
06-19-2007, 11:30 PM
Been there twice and I love it there! It has great food that "Mom" would have cooked. It's alot of fun. I'm sure your daughter will love it.

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Can you please give me your opinions on this ts? I have reservations for lunch in Sept and have not heard alot about it. I have a 5 year old- will she enjoy it?
:confused:

We ate lunch at the Prime TIMe and it was awesome, there were five of us, my hubby and I I was 21 and he was 24, our 3 year old, my mother, and my brother who was 12 at the time,
ONe thing I loved about there was that the specialty drinks were included with the dining plan.
Compared to the Dinner menu, I much perfered lunch, if I may make a suggestions the pot pie is wonderful
I think I five year old would enjoy it very much they will really cater to kids, :mickey:

Im a newbie too, nice to talk to someone else new to intercot!

Rachael the Newbie:mickey:

06/06-OKW FIRST TIME
10/09? (suggestions for 5)

:welcome:to both of you!!!

My family loves it. The food is great, the atmosphere is cute, we had cousin ______, can't remember his name, but he and his "brother" were constantly arguing. Kinda cute. Make sure you use the restroom before you go, because when you ask where it is, they will announce as loud as they can to make sure you wash your hands.

Not2Loud
06-20-2007, 08:28 AM
I have eaten there once with DW and her mother. We had a good time. The food was good, dessert was tasty.

The atmosphere is fun; watching the reels on the tv sets is interesting as well.:chef:

TexasPrincessAurora
06-20-2007, 08:50 AM
The food is good comfort food. The atmosphere is really neat. How into their role your server is can really make or break the experience however...if you get a really good server it makes this experience truly memorable!

disneydeb
06-20-2007, 08:52 AM
It is one of my favorites! However it is not one of my daughter's faves, that is why I made ressies at Mama Melrose's our Studio day. I'll miss it! Have fun!

disneygirlie11
06-20-2007, 08:57 AM
The pot roast is really good. I don't know if it is on the lunch menu or not though. You MUST try to peanut butter and jelly shake. Unbelievable!! It sounds weird, but it is soooo good!

wilshade
06-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Prime Time is kind of underated as far as the food goes. I have found it to be very very good rendition of Mom's comfort food.

Also, make sure you ask about the wine. They serve a wine there that are from the vineyards of . . . . . Fess Parker. Ol' Davy Crockett himself.

The servers' "schtick" is entirely from the personality of the server. Go for the food. The wait staff schtick is a bonus.

moe513
06-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Food was okay but I did hear the meatloaf was delicious. Our server was on the quiet side so it felt awkward. We much prefer the sci fi. If your 5 yr old is a boy he might really enjoy all the cars.We liked the food there too. We went for lunch and had basic sandwiches and shakes. I dont think the dinner is as good.

milhouse
06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
We had a very good meal at Primetime. The Fried Chicken and Pot Roast meals were very tasty. "Mom" did tell me that she was going to have to put the rubber sheet on the bed after I had a few Coke refills.

septembergirl
06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
We went for DS bday and had a blast.Our server (Aunt Somebody) gave my DB37 an activity to keep him busy which involved coming up with 3 letter words for body parts. Guess what he came up with? He was made to put his nose in the corner as punishment. He was a good sport and my kids were delighted to see Uncle Ryan standing in the corner! We really enjoyed our food as well although it was way too much.
The only complaint I have is that, although we made ADRs well in advance, the 12 of us could not sit together at the same table. They did put us right next to each other but it wasn't the same.

dog-ears
06-20-2007, 04:47 PM
We've been there twice for dinner. I enjoyed it and thought the food was good, DH was less impressed (I think it reminded him too much of meals with his family as a kid).

The first time our server, "Mom", made me draw a picture with crayons of something that my state is famous for and then when I was done she gave it to another table of guests to guess what state we were from! It was a bad picture of Elvis :elvis: but recognizable I guess because the other table figured out that we live in TN. She also made us wash our hands before we ate and scolded us when we couldn't finish all the food (the portions are good-sized)! I had the pot roast that time.

The second time we got "Cousin Jimmy" who was a lot milder but friendly. Think I had chicken that time.

I think your family would enjoy it - you should go at least once to experience it ;)