PDA

View Full Version : Which is better for breakfast? 1900 Park Fair, Chef Mikeys or Crystal Palace

Alpha Jeanie
06-19-2007, 07:02 PM
Please tell me which one you think is better for breakfast,1900 Park Fair, Chef Mikey's or Crystal Palace? We will have our DD6 and DD10 with us and are trying to decide between the 3 restaurants for breakfast. We don't like dinner buffets and think that breakfast is a better time for us to experience one of these buffet style character restaurants.

MMouse6937
06-19-2007, 07:17 PM
I have to preface this by saying I haven't been to breakfast at CP or 1900 but I LOVE the breakfast buffet at CM. You get the classic characters, good food, and fun. I have done CP for dinner and really liked that, but I vote for CM for breakfast!!! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-19-2007, 07:18 PM
We have experienced all 3 that you have mentioned. And our favorite is Chef Mickey's. We do like Crystal Palace too, especially since it is in MK. But I love the atmosphere at Chef Mickeys. Have a great trip, and you won't be disappointed whatever you choose.

LoriMistress
06-19-2007, 07:30 PM
I've only eaten at a few Character Meals: Crystal Palace & Donald's Breakfastsaurus. So I would have to say Crystal Palace. But this time we're going to CRT, Crystal Palace, Garden Grill.

mickey-mouse35
06-19-2007, 07:38 PM
We are trying CP this trip and haven't been to CM yet, so can't comment on those. I do not recommend Park Faire, though--thought it was very noisy and just fair food. I would go with either CP or CM instead. Have fun! :mickey:

Shugoondola
06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I voted for Chef Mickey's. That place really puts you in a Disney mood for the day. :party:

:mickey:

tinksmom02
06-19-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm not voting b/c I've only been to 1900. We really, really enjoyed it there, the characters were great and the food was fantastic. We are trying CP on our trip in Sept, and we've only done CM's for dinner.

What characters do you think your DDs would enjoy seeing more? Usually, CM is the fab 5, CP has Pooh and Friends, and 1900 is Mary Poppins, Alice and Mad Hatter, and Tigger and Pooh. What would they prefer?

Why don't you give 2 of them a try on your trip?

blake5
06-19-2007, 11:19 PM
We love to finish our vaction with Chef Mickeys! We love this one and think that it is by far one of the best - if not the best! We have done many of them and still love this one!

HndrdPrcnt
06-19-2007, 11:29 PM
My vote is for CP. Be sure to book your ADRs for the first reservation time of the morning and then you will be able to enter the Magic Kingdom before it is open to the public. You will get to walk down Main Street with no one else in the park and you can take some awesome pics of you in front of the castle with no one else in your pic. The kids will love feeling so special that they are in the park when no one else can be.

As far as the food, the puffed French toast is to die for!!

dolphinmickey9170
06-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I have to say CM is our favorite. Not only do you get great food and character greetings, but you also get your pix taken (yes, they cost extra) and you get the pix, keychains, and magnets. The atmosphere is wonderful. Something about being inside with the monorail wizzing by. It's really neat. Your kids will love it. I know mine sure did. Even as teens they like it. We'll be there in December.

Maybe we'll see you next May, as we will be returning then.

51 and 178 more days!!

Narawen
06-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I would say CP if you can get in before the park opens. The other 2 may actually have better food, but being inside the MK with virtually no one else there is wonderful. And then if you're eating when the park opens, you miss the big surge down main street. By the time we got done eating, the main wave had already gone to the different lands and we had a leisurely stroll down mainstreet and were able to get good photos of the castle, etc before we headed to the attractions.

Also consider the character selection and which you prefer.

Queen Stephanie
06-20-2007, 12:50 AM
The first time we visited a breakfast buffet with characters was at Chef Mickey's. WOW! It was so exciting, the food was great, good music, but the characters were the best. Mickey, Minnie, Goofey, Pluto were awesome! If your kids prefer Princesses, then I would recommend 1900 Park Fare...very good as well. Pooh fans should try Crystal Palace, another thought is O'hana at Polynesian Resort...Mickey and friends are there as well, and it is fabulous! The food is basically the same at each resort...good luck!

Mackflava99
06-20-2007, 01:46 AM
CM is alot of fun and the food is very good too-
1900 does have Mary poppins which was worth it for my kids who love her.
You cant go wrong with anh of the 3

Actually we like the Cape May Character breakfast the best of all- the buffett is totally the best around.

On another note:
We tried Garden Grill (swan) for Character dinner tonight- wow ! the food was tremendous

Mary Poppins fan
06-20-2007, 06:24 AM
My family does CP every year. We go before 8:30, have a great breakfast, and are ready to go by the time MK opens. :thumbsup: We've tried CM, but it was a little too "frantic" for us so early in the morning. :blush:

BritCody
06-20-2007, 06:34 AM
We have been to all 3 and we try and go to a character meal at all 3 each trip, be it breakfast or dinner. That being said we prefer Chef Mickey's

mickey-mouse35
06-20-2007, 09:29 AM
We love to finish our vaction with Chef Mickeys! We love this one and think that it is by far one of the best - if not the best! We have done many of them and still love this one!

I just called dining and added Chef Mickey's to our trip plans for the last day before we head out! Yeah--thanks everyone!

mtown71
06-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I have ate at both Chef Mickeys & at Crystal Palace for the breakfast buffett. I liked them both but I prefer Chef Mickeys. I love having the classic characters.

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
My vote is for CP. Be sure to book your ADRs for the first reservation time of the morning and then you will be able to enter the Magic Kingdom before it is open to the public. You will get to walk down Main Street with no one else in the park and you can take some awesome pics of you in front of the castle with no one else in your pic. The kids will love feeling so special that they are in the park when no one else can be.

John, you took the words right out of my mouth! There was no better feeling than entering the Kingdom and seeing empty street! Though I do disagree about the French Toast - I say it's the Breakfast Lasagna that is to die for!:D

Tink's Friend
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
If you're going to the buffet on the first or second day of your vacation, I'd vote for Crystal Palace, with an early reservation and not on an morning Extra Magic Hours day. Reason: You get to go in before the park opens, and you're already there and ready to start your day at Magic Kingdom after you finish eating.

Later in the vacation, I'd go with Chef Mickey's because, well, it's just fun to see Mickey and the Gang. LOL

Both have pretty good breakfast buffet food, and the service was fine at both, as was the character interaction.

Either way, you'll have a good meal and a bunch of fun, but I lean ever so slightly in favor of Crystal Palace.

Suzanne Q
Bristol, TN

JPL
06-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I have eaten at all 3 for breakfast as far as food goes they are all about equal in quality and selection. I voted for CP because if you make your ADR early enough you are in the park before it opens :thumbsup: You can get some great pictures of your party on Main Street with no people in the way. It really feels like you have the park to yourself:mickey:

LarryBoy
06-20-2007, 10:40 AM

Ditto! We love being in the MK early in the morning. You can get some great pictures in front of the castle without all the crowds. Also we are partial to our friends from the 100 Acre Woods in our house. I still have my Pooh Bear from childhood. As for food, I love the build your own omlet station. :thumbsup: :tasty:

tyandskyesmom
06-20-2007, 12:51 PM
We have not done 1900 park Fare yet (doing it in 13 more days!) and have only had dinner at CP but breakfast at CM was awesome! Good food, fun activity, great characters, great location...

11 and 195 more days!!!

Tynkerbelle
06-20-2007, 01:14 PM
We've done all three - I would rank them:
#1 - Crystal Palace. This is our favorite, we go every trip. The food, service & character interaction are very good (we do love Pooh & Pals!).
#2 - 1900 Park Faire. Good food and service, the character interaction is OK, but it was a strange mix of characters when we went (Mary Poppins, Mad Hatter, Tigger, etc.).
#3 - Chef Mickey's. Our least favorite af all character buffets (breakfast & dinner). We did not care for the food at all. It gets so busy that the service is slow and the character interaction is worse, plus it gets very loud.
I didn't read the other posts, so I'm not sure what has already been suggested, but....
A couple of other character options:
Donald's Breakfastosaurus at AK - good buffet choices and we enjoyed the service and characters.
Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK - it's a sit down all you can eat dinner. We never had a bad experience there.
I hear the breakfast buffet at 'Ohana (Poly) is very good, too.

GrmGrninGost
06-22-2007, 11:43 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that Chef Mickeys is a little better. I like the characters better. There is a more upbeat atmosphere. And the food is great!:mickey: This is our can't miss it place!