PDA

View Full Version : The Shutterbugs Season Finale (Final Thoughs and Pictures)

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Sorry about the wait, folks! I had to build suspense by going on hiatus for a few days.

And now our feature presentation.

They woke up early. They got in the car. They had a safe trip home.

The end.
Exciting, no?

And now Thoughts of the Trip with Yours Truly
-Our best day was the last full day in the parks. We relaxed, the crowds weren't bad, and we had fun just the three of us. Plus, we ended the day with the rest of the gang (Karen and Rob) at Ghiradelli eating a chocolate sundae. What could be better?

-A close second was Wednesday, where we went to MGM in the morning, had the feast of our lives at 'Ohana and then I spent the evening at MK, just me and my mom. Then, of course, our transportaton fiasco, which was more funny than anything else.

-E:E. I've gotta say, I'm impressed. Well done, Disney Imagineers.

-And just when you thought I was off this subject for good, oh no. Tourist Cattle. Crowds were to be expected and I probably shouldn't have complained as much as I did. At least we didn't go right in the middle of summer. The reason I was so uncomfortable was every time we've gone before, we got lucky when it came to crowds. We went to Disneyland in the middle of October and walked on practically everything. I guess it was a bit of a shock at first, but by the end of the week, we were perfectly content.

-Overall: Great trip as usual. It only got better and better as the week went on, plus, we got enough pictures to... fill a very very very large scrapbook. :)

Speaking of pictures...

I present to you: Picture-palooza!
Just take a little detour to my homepage and check out all the Disney pics you can handle (minus Downtown Disney stuff.. didn't get many good ones there)
Take this little section of my trip report as your guide to the many photos we took. The albums are in chronological order, so if there is something in particular you would like to see, it's easy to find. And now my guide:

-WDW June 4 2007: Pics are kind of out of order here. I started by uploading Dad's (Kelvin) pictures, then mom's (Cindy), then mine. Tons of pictures of Everest and a few of the resort. My pictures start on page 8. Most of my pics are similar to dad's but I took a lot more close-ups. (Very proud of the bird pic on page 11, img_2734). Meerkats on page 12 and 13 and a beautiful shot of a bunch of prayer flags on the last page.
-WDW June 5 2007: I accidently uploaded these in the wrong order. Epcot EMH by Dad are first, then his shots of MK. I forgot to upload mine, but they're generally the same. Kona Cafe pics are on page 8 and some amazing night shots taken by Dad are on page 6. Oh, and the infamous Spaceship Earth pic is the first one on page 2 (that's where dad/Kel got left behind). And there are some awesome shots of BTMRR on page 19, especially img_1307. Great color.
-WDW June 6 2007: Your average MGM pictures. The sky wasn't cooperating with us that day. It was cloudy so it's that whitish gray color that makes you say, "Bleh". But you have to check out the Darth Vader pics Dad took at the Jedi Training Academy. They're brilliant. They start on page 6. img_1714 is especially good. Good fist action.
-WDW June 7 2007: AMAZING, I repeat, AMAZING pictures of Old Key West in the morning start this album off. Dad's an early riser and got a ton of pictures of the resort. He saw the reflection of all the buildings and couldn't resist. Actual MGM pics start on page 6, some good GMR pics start on page 8, and Sci-Fi Dine In pics start on page 14. These are all by Dad as well. I think there are some from my camera, but they're not as good. I might upload them later.
-WDW June 8 2007: Another amazing day for pictures. The sky was that brilliant, bright blue color that everyone wants for their photos. Unfortunately, it got cloudy by the time we were in World Showcase, but the Future World pictures are awesome. Dad's absolute favorite picture that he took is on page 3, #2291. Perfect sky, monorail, flowers and the Epcot logo. My favorite is #2317 because of the color. There's a picture of those tiny frogs I was talking about on page 7 as well as some great China pics, and some really great shots of the trains between Germany and Italy on page 10 and 11. The Japan pics are awesome, too. They start on pg 13. Family photo on page 24 and some of the best Test Track photos I've ever seen on page 26 (#2741 and 2743), but I'm bias. :) You typical Illumniations pics follow.

And there's still more coming. I haven't uploaded my pictures of the last day. I'm putting them in a separate album. Dad and I were competing to see who could get the best picture from each country. (I think I won Italy, Mexico, and Morocco, but he got the rest. He had a great advantage over me, though. Better camera and more memory card space.) And my famous picture of Donald smelling the flower is there too. I'll have them up in a few days.

And now my Top Ten Moments:
10. Getting over 100,000 points on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
9. Eating my churro before Illuminations
8. Seeing the "Mine, Mine, Mine" Seagulls at The Seas with Nemo and Friends (they alone make Finding Nemo an awesome movie)
7. Competing with Dad over who could get the best shot of a butterfly in the UK gardens
6. Getting lost in the Contemporary (yes, that was fun, and it was also ridiculously funny)
5. Watching mom get embarassed at the Monster Inc show
4. Getting surprised by Donald and then taking his picture
3. Riding E:E for the first time next to Daddy (and watching his face get paler and paler as the ride went on)
2. Dinner at 'Ohana
1. Seeing a Norwegian singing the Oompa Loompa song

And so I wrap up this tale of a small family of three traveling to Disney World and having the time of their lives. It was sad to leave but our 2100 pictures will remind us of our wonderful time.

Fade to black...

Okay, in about a week, I'm going to look back on this Trip Report and ask myself what was I thinking when I decided to write the entire thing in third person. It's pretty insane, but I've never been one to do the "sane" thing anyway.
I hope you all enjoyed this wackiness, and in the words of a famous mouse...

"See ya real soon!" :mickey:

faline
06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks for your reports and your pics. Glad it was a good trip for you and your family!

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 08:02 PM
I just realized I made a goof on the thread title.

I make final "thoughts", not final "thoughs". Arg...

Lizzie
06-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Thanks for all your great reports.

January-2007
06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I just realized I made a goof on the thread title.

I make final "thoughts", not final "thoughs". Arg...

I didn't even see the mistake until you said something. Thanks for the awesome trip reports, I have enjoyed them all a lot. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip, it was a lot of fun to read.

pdrlkr
06-22-2007, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2007, 02:56 AM
I loved all of your reports. My 16yo DD thinks you are cool. She likes the writing and the pix, just like me. Keep up the good work. Lookin forward to seeing those last day pix. Enjoy your summer and maybe we'll see ya there sometime.

ChipnDaleGal
07-01-2007, 07:37 AM
Thank you for all your time and effort that you put into your reports. They wwere a real treat for us readers. Love your top ten moments, it was obviously a very good trip for all five of you. Looking forward to going through your pictures next. :mickey:

iheartmickey
07-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed reading your trip reports. It's was so much fun to read it, I really liked all the small details that others might have left out, I think it made it so much more personal.

Thank you again! :thumbsup::mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:16 AM
thanks for sharing !

snifflesmcg
07-02-2007, 12:24 AM
For some reason I can't find where I can view the pics. :(

mrsgaribaldi
07-05-2007, 05:41 AM
How nice that you got to go with your mom and dad, mine would never go with us. I'm off to look at the pics now. I really enjoyed your vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us:thumbsup: