PDA

View Full Version : food around the world

last real pirate
06-19-2007, 06:14 PM
:eat::popcorn::pizza:when me and my mom go to wdw in dec. we want to taste something from all the countries in epcot. i am sure to do it in one day, we will do more snacking all day and not so much a sit down meal. what are some great treats we should look for?

LauraF
06-19-2007, 08:19 PM
:eat::popcorn::pizza:when me and my mom go to wdw in dec. we want to taste something from all the countries in epcot. i am sure to do it in one day, we will do more snacking all day and not so much a sit down meal. what are some great treats we should look for?
For snacks, here are some of my must haves.
In order around the World Showcase, left to right:

Mexico - Churros @ Cantina de San Angel
Norway - *any* pastries, though I like the Lefse a lot
China - Barbecue Chicken @ Lotus Blossom Cafe
Germany - Apple streudel (and the SO says the beer is great too)
Italy - espresso or the dark chocolate mousse
America - doesn't really have anything memorable. Get a coke to wash the other stuff down.
Japan - Shogun combination @ Yakitori house (BIG yum :D) or the Kaki Gori (shaved ice)
Morocco - mint tea
France - Coconut pyramid at the boulangerie
UK - Harry's fish and chips
Canada - if Trapper Bob's is still there, a nice glass of wine

Yes, I like to eat. Disney's gonna lose money on me with the free dining! :laughing:

Belle--86
06-19-2007, 08:46 PM
We do this every trip-- we set a day with no meal plans and snack around the world. My family looks forward to this every trip :eat::popcorn::pizza: and of corse DH and share drinks from around the world:marg::beer:

Shugoondola
06-19-2007, 09:02 PM
Treats I never miss in World Showcase are tangerine and honeydew melon kaki goris in Japan, cannolis in Italy, any pastries in France, and kiwi margaritas in Mexico. :cloud9:

:mickey:

last real pirate
06-19-2007, 11:03 PM
all of these sound good. thanks for the help.

beksy
06-20-2007, 11:04 AM
I think I'm in the minority since nobody else has mentioned it that I've seen, but I really like the rice-pudding type dessert in Norway with the fruit (I think strawberries on top). :tasty: They are a must for me each trip! I don't drink alcohol but I sure do enjoy eating my way around the world! :eat: Enjoy :cloud9:

Cinderelley
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Schoolbread in Norway is a must for us on every trip!!!!:cloud9:

mrsgaribaldi
06-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Lefse in Norway, cannoli in Italy:cloud9:

rnin02
06-20-2007, 03:43 PM
We love the rice pudding w/strawberries at Norway, also the school bread...so yummy! One of my favorites things is to go to Norway and just pick out a bunch of pastries and puddings, we usually do at least one meal like that. So good!!!

moe513
06-20-2007, 04:14 PM
The bakery in France.

EvilQueen2006
06-20-2007, 04:16 PM
schoolbread in Norway, sushi in Japan, anything from the bakery in France, fish and chips in the UK.

Disney4
06-20-2007, 04:54 PM
Lefse in Norway for sure! :thumbsup:

(If you've ever made it, you will appreciate it even more.)

I also really enjoy the brats in Germany.

Other than that, get a smpler platter from Morocco. Two can easily share it and it's one of my favorites!

r4kids
06-20-2007, 05:17 PM
We are staying in a DVC resort (full fridge). We are also traveling to Epcot out 1st day in Disney so I will be bring several treats from France back to enjoy for several nights:cloud9:. I LOVE the pastries.

LibertyTreeGal
06-20-2007, 05:27 PM
School bread in Norway! :thumbsup: :cloud9:

Crow
06-20-2007, 09:26 PM
schoolbread in Kringla bakery in Norway.
i also want to try funnel cakes in America, crepes in France, and Kaki Gori in Japan...amazing that in all my 16 trips i havent tried them. too busy w other treats.
theres also a bakery in France.
im usually too full from liquids and meals to snack

princessimagineer
06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
hot pretzil in germany mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :tasty: :tasty: :tasty: :tasty:

Disdad13
06-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Can someone explain what "school bread" is?

NJRRK
06-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Risengrynsgrøt is the name of the rice pudding.

If you're not of Norwegian descent don't even TRY to pronounce it.

ResQRanger82
06-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I don't think you could go wrong with anything from the patisserie in France. The ham & cheese croissant is outstanding. Have them warm it up for you and it is fantastic!!! Happy snacking!!!

Dedivah
06-21-2007, 04:14 PM
:thumbsup:Now these are my kind of people. :thumbsup:

My dream is to eat and drink around the world in Epcot. :cloud9: DH & I will be there in a few weeks but I don't think he will be able to be happy doing that when there are rides going on else where.

I really would like to go to the Food and Wine Festival in October but I'd have to go alone and that is no fun. :pout:

Disney4
06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Can someone explain what "school bread" is?

School Bread, or Skolebrod, is a typical Norwegian bread. By that I mean it has rye flour and cardamom, and is a double-rise dough. It is sweet, usually glazed and filled with a pastry cream. I usually dust mine with cinnamon.

Think of it as a Scandanavian jelly roll :D

I usually stuff myself with the Lefse. Funny thing, every time I go and order two orders, they always mention, "You know an order is two pieces, right?" I tell them to bring it on!

Yummy!

Cinderelley
06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
:
I really would like to go to the Food and Wine Festival in October but I'd have to go alone and that is no fun. :pout:

I've done the Food & Wine Festival alone. It was a blast!!!

I had my potato leek soup all to myself. :cloud9:

nel
06-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Backlava at Morocco...:mickey: