PDA

View Full Version : JPL's June stop at the World Day 2

JPL
06-19-2007, 05:22 PM
Day 2 June 15

I got up bright and early to head over to AK. Caught a bus at about 40 minutes before opening and was there in plenty of time for opening. Although I find it strange that they have to stop at Blizzard Beach even when nobody is going there and the park opens later than AK. I watched the opening show and made way over to Everest. I grabbed a FP and rode it stand by. After my trip on Everest I ran into Disneydoll and family and spent a good part of the morning hanging out with them. It's always great to have surprise run ins at the parks. My only complaint about AK in the morning is finding something to eat or drink(of course this goes for most parks). After Everest we rode Dinosaur with no wait and then headed over to Primeavl Whirl. And then tried for the 11 AM Nemo show which was canelled. We strolled throught the jungle trek.I finally grabbed a frozen coffee drink and danish on our way back towards the safari. I grabbed a FP and they used theirs for the Safari. I decided to head into Pangani Forest. On the way out I saw them again and headed back through with them for a second trip. At this point we parted ways and I headed to ITBAB. I rode Dinosaur again then headed towards to Asia and walked the Jungle trek again while waiting for my FP for the Safari. I had some time to kill so I wnet into some shops and looked around bought a few pins and had them shipped to my room. Then I headed over to the Flame Tree BBQ for luch had a half slab of ribs and a coke. Before I knew it, I was off on my safari. There were alot of animals roaming about and I saw both baby giraffes and the 2 baby elephants. The new spiel seemed to confuse the story line a little more and water down the conservation message IMHO. But I guess we all ride to see the animals. It was getting later in the day and the sun was blazing so I went looking for a dress for my niece that my brother had saw a week earlier but they didn't have her size. I couldn't find the dress he described so I called it quits since I had to meet my friend Lisa(Ladyvader) over at the studios.

I left AK around 3 anfter grabbing a coke for the wait at the bus stop and didn't arrive at the studios until about 4:10. I called Lisa and left a message since she was still working at the park. I chacked the tip board but the line for TOT was crazy since RNRC was down. I walked around to check out the Star Wars weekend festivities. I watched the Jedi Training Academy which was a pretty good show but man was it hot standing there. I felt sorry for the characters being out in the direct sun like that and performing. I needed to cool down so I headed over to Muppetvison AC sat through the entire preshow before entering to watch the show. I got some strange looks considering I could have just walked right in. After Muppets it was getting closer to 5 so I walked over to One Man's Dream to look around a little and then Lisa called when she was finished and I met her in Front of the Hat. We then proceeded to Jabba's Hut for some shopping and I picked up a few pins from Star Wars Weekend. We then decided to head out to Outback for Dinner her son was with her for all you VMK people,Horizons. We had a nice lesirely dinner nd talked for a while before she dropped me back at POP since I had to meet my friend there at 8.

My friend arrived at around 8:30 or so he went to the room settled in for a bit and we headed out to the food courst so he could grab dinner. WE explored the resort since he has never stayed there and caught up on things. We planned to go to morning EMH at AK the next day so we just hung around the resort and relaxed since it was a long day for both of us.

terri.m
06-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Everest and dinner with Ladyvader??? You are SO lucky!

January-2007
06-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for reporting!

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Sounds like a great day. Chance meetings in the park are the best!:cool:
Thanks for the report:thumbsup:

faline
06-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Nice day! Filled with great Animal Kingdom activities and friends!

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Sounds like another fantabulous day. Gotta love Animal Kingdom. It's a shame that RnRC was closed. It's a personal fav. I'm surprised that there were so many animals out on the Safari. I would think they'd be hiding in the shade.

Glad you had another good day and got to see so many people. It could have been one more if we had only postponed our trip by a week!

Lizzie
06-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Sounds like a great day in AK. Especially with all those animal sightings.

iceicebritney
06-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks so much for the report! Good to hear that much hasn't changed on the safari at AK - and you're right, most ppl go for the animals anyway so the storyline doesnt really play to big of a role.

It's always great when you run into ppl in the parks - but it definetly makes you double take! I know whenever i run into anyone i know at the parks, it makes things very confusing - like two worlds have collided, hehe!

RenDuran
06-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Baby giraffes and baby elephants....how cute! And I love Muppetvision....more than my kids do! And of course meeting Disney-dol! Sounds like a great day!:mickey:

pogo
06-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Wow Jeff......... I'm getting tired just reading this. ":whew: You really had a full day. :mickey:

I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. :D

Alligirl
06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Pictures!!! I want pictures!!!

Sounds like a great trip! I can't wait to hear about what else you did and who else you saw! How neat that you had dinner with Horizons and ladyvader!! :thumbsup::mickey:

gauvin4
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
:mickey:It sounds like you are having a great trip. I am very jealous that you saw the baby giraffes. Can't wait to hear more!!:thumbsup:

Beach Club Babe
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Another great day! I agree about the storyline on the Safari.

Patricia
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Wow, a chance meet is always fun.

The preshow at Muppets is as good as the real show.

I had no idea Horizons was related to Ladyvader.. I think he used to be on my friends list, or maybe I just bumped into him a lot in VMK.

To bad RnR coaster was closed. I hope you made it back to Nemo at some point, it's an excellent show.

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 12:30 PM
I would've been standing right next to you for the Muppet pre-show- I loved it! YOu had a busy second day. Thanks for sharing it with us!

JPL
06-20-2007, 12:34 PM
The second day was relaxing compared to the third :blush:

Chescat
06-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Sounds like you might have been lucky not to be able to ride RNR Coaster. I think its still down and was awaiting the arrival of Imagineers to find out what the problem was.

It was cool you could meet up with Ladyvader and Horizon. :)

Did you sing, buzz buzz buzz buzz in Tough to Be a Bug? :D

JPL
06-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Did you sing, buzz buzz buzz buzz in Tough to Be a Bug? :D

I hummed along to it :D

pdrlkr
06-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-24-2007, 12:19 AM
Sounds like a busy day.

wilshade