PDA

View Full Version : Too Funny not to share....

mook3y
06-19-2007, 04:05 PM
So... last night, my wife and I were sitting watching tv when the doorbell rang around 10:30pm.

Opened the door to find no one there. We were victims of being ding dong ditched.

Well having been a young male and being a little familiar with this activity, I snuck out my back door and went over to our gate.

I was able to see the 2 culprits just as they were pranking our neighbors across the street.

Well, their refuge to hide was my pine tree that is right by my back gate... :thedolls:

These two boys, both probably around 12 were both about 3 feet from my back gate when I came through it loudly saying "HEY i want to have a talk with you!"

They looked like they saw a ghost and both about fell over each other trying to get away, running into the neighbors yard and straight into their swing set... more than once. :D

kids these days.....

should know better....

Because some of us adults are wise to their ways! :cool:

WDWFanatic
06-19-2007, 04:22 PM
How funny. I guess now that kids can't prank call anymore they still have this option.

I bet their hearts are still racing, lol.

MMouse6937
06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
You probably literally scared the snot out of them!! :D

How funny, I have to say how refreshing somewhat that young people are doing something harmless (although possibly annoying) with their time and not out doing drugs or stealing things from people.

Thanks for sharing!! :thumbsup:

disneyfan369
06-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Ha, that's pretty funny. They must have been so shocked!

Dakota Rose
06-19-2007, 04:47 PM
That's hilarious! :) Next time, turn the hose on 'em! hehehehehehehehe :thedolls:

mook3y
06-19-2007, 04:48 PM
That's hilarious! :) Next time, turn the hose on 'em! hehehehehehehehe :thedolls:

LOL that is exactly what I told my wife I should of done. Then they could of explained why they were coming home all wet.

But then......

I don't need my house egged either.
:D

kakn7294
06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
How funny! Too bad you didn't hose them down! I love it when kids, including my own DD's, will try to pull off stuff we used to do as kids and then act surprised that Mom or Dad figured it out!

Dakota Rose
06-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Makes me think of my teenage days when we'd go out toiletpapering. Whenever someone tried to TP our house, my parents would break out the hoses. It is good to see kids having harmless fun instead of complaining they're bored or something.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Now that's funny. But what were they doing out at that hour of the night? Or am I really old fashioned thinking they should be home at that hour.

mtown71
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM

I agree with this one!

mook3y
06-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Now that's funny. But what were they doing out at that hour of the night? Or am I really old fashioned thinking they should be home at that hour.

Uhm my kids are 3 and 5. No way my kids will be out that late at 12/13. Well, not that I know about anyways.... But, I think they might have a difficult time pulling one over on me. **crosses fingers** :D

Besides, thats why you get them the Disney phones... with GPS.. that they wont know about ;)

snifflesmcg
06-20-2007, 12:03 AM
That's great!!! I think if somebody did that to me when I was that age doing the same thing, I would have had a heart attack. I'm actually glad to hear these kids still do it. It shows kids are still kids and that they aren't out doing something illegal.

PirateLover
06-20-2007, 12:43 AM
I'm glad you can scare the kids in your neighborhood! Good for you!

My boyfriend's family has been having a lot of trouble with teenagers crossing through their back yard for almost a year now. The other night we had the window open and were watching some Twilight Zone episodes when we heard yelling and screaming (his room is on the ground floor). This was around 12am I believe. I looked at him and said "They're definitely in your back yard, get out there!" Then we heard some one yelling "Calling 911!". Turns out that was the neighbor's tactic to get them to leave-by the time we got out the door they were around the corner already.

Just the day before that incident, his parents were sitting in the backyard in broad daylight when a skate boarder came traipsing through. My bf's dad asked him to please stay out of the yard and the punk dropped the board, put his arms out and said "What are you gonna do about it?!" Needless to say his parents were dumbfounded. I would've never spoken to an adult like that.

disneydrmr
06-20-2007, 08:44 AM
:funny: That's too funny. I agree - it's good to see kids up to some 'fun' no good.... and that hose idea - THAT would've been funny! or even a few well placed water balloon tosses....

Dsnygirl
06-20-2007, 09:54 AM
:thumbsup: Good job! Bet they won't be back... :D

Juggalotus
06-20-2007, 01:42 PM

That is a great idea (and why we never used the same hiding place twice when doing this).

Of course, I can already see their parents calling the cops to say you assaulted them. Hopefully the cops would show up just in time to write them a bill for wasting their time.

JPL
06-20-2007, 03:48 PM
That is too funny :rotfl:

I see this everyday when teaching kids trying to pull the oldest tricks in the book and surprised when I catch them and tell them exactly what they are doing or trying to do.

T-Belle
06-20-2007, 05:56 PM
I have to say how refreshing somewhat that young people are doing something harmless (although possibly annoying) with their time and not out doing drugs or stealing things from people.

I couldn't agree more. A little harmless mischief and a "cool' adult to make memories that these boy's will probably never forget.

Bethis26fan
06-20-2007, 09:50 PM
lol that's great. :)