PDA

View Full Version : Customized Maps

Dedivah
06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
I have been trying to order the maps for 2 weeks now. I have been getting this system error. At first I thought it was because I lived in the Virgin Islands and even though we are a US territory we still don't come up on a lot if sites. So I tried sending the maps to my boss's address in San Francisco. I still get the same error message.

Is this happening to anyone else?

I know that we will get maps when we get there but it won't be the same. This will probably be the last time DH and I get to go to WDW with out the kids and I want to get the stuff that I really want to do in. (child free) :pout:

beksy
06-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I had some trouble getting my order to go through, too. :confused: I tried at different times every day for about a week and finally got the order in. I don't know what the problem was but eventually they did go. My advice--keep trying! :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-19-2007, 03:34 PM
keep trying, they are worth the wait, i just got my second set in (my first was six months ago) they are so much nicer than what you get in the parks

SurferStitch
06-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Amazing...if there are technical problems, they will happen to me, but I actually got my order to go through on the first try about 10 days ago.

Just try again. Websites and servers can be quirky. Chances are it will work if you give it another try.

mickey-mouse35
06-19-2007, 07:18 PM
I ordered these free maps in April/May of this year with no problems and they are ADORABLE!!!! Great for the scrapbook/memory book. Keep trying!

Word of advice. I'm trying to apply for job online and keeping getting server down messages. The person there told me to delete all my temp files/cookies from the Web site and try again, and it worked. So you may try deleting that and see if it works! :mickey:

Eeyore's My Favorite
06-19-2007, 09:11 PM
I ordered these free maps in April/May of this year with no problems and they are ADORABLE!!!! Great for the scrapbook/memory book. Keep trying!
:mickey:
Absolutely love our maps - didn't have any trouble ordering online. Can't wait to use them in September. I keep pouring over them trying to see what I may have missed. Didn't think about scrapbooking them, so thanks for that advice!! :thumbsup:
--------------
Elynn :princess:
Pop Century 9/2007
Pop Century 9/2005
POR 8/2001
(too many others to count :mickey:)

mulderxcoltrane
06-19-2007, 10:15 PM
What maps are you guys talking about?

mickey-mouse35
06-20-2007, 09:32 AM
On the DW official Web site you can order free, customized maps of each of the parks. On the computer you go through and choose your favorite rides--you can pick by different categories like adventure, kids, etc., and it plots them on the map. The maps are on nice, thick paper and are personalized with your family's name--a wonderful keepsake as well as useful for planning your trip before you get to parks and use their maps. They say they take about six weeks to arrive but we got ours in about 3-4. :mickey:

amy711
06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I ordered my maps on Disney's web site last week and had no problem getting the order to go through. Just keep trying, I am sure once you get the maps it will be well worth the trouble you went through trying to get them.

cgriff
06-20-2007, 01:46 PM
I really like the custom maps that my family ordered/received; however, I thought it was interesting that the map highlights attractions/locations beyond those that I specified using the on-line customization tools. I'm not complaining really, but was wondering if anyone else received a map with *more* information on it than you had specified?

Also wondering if anyone might have tried ordering a BLANK map?!? :plot:

I wanted to do this, but then didn't want to have to wait three months before ordering my next set of maps! ::mickey:

cgriff

LarryBoy
06-20-2007, 03:29 PM
We got ours last week. They are awesome! :thumbsup: I was shocked they came so quickly. We got them like 5 days after we ordered them. We also got our Planning DVD in about two weeks.:rub::joy: I thought it would take at least a month.

crazykids
06-20-2007, 03:36 PM
I keep getting the system error also - not sure what's going on? After many attempts, I just gave up on them :sad:

tinksmom02
06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I ordered them last week and had no problems. Haven't gotten them yet, but not really expecting them. The ones I ordered in December didn't come for about 8 weeks.

I haven't tried to order blank maps, but for the last set, I didn't set any favorites for AK, as we weren't planning to visit. They ended up sending the map (I guess they're pre-printed, one on each side?), with some suggested attractions amight want to see. So I would assume that if you didn't select any favorites, they would just pick some for you. Could be wrong, though...

tinksmom02
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
My customized maps arrived today! Ordered 6/16; arrived 6/25! MUCH faster than when I ordered in December.

Have not opened them yet; I had them sent to DD, who is visiting Grandma this week.

Lily
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Make sure you clear your temporary internet files, cookies and history file. Go to Tools then Internet Options. Also, you may have blocked a pop up at some time that is required. Go to Tools, then Pop up blocker to make adjustments. I hope this helps!

LarryBoy
06-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I also think you need to be a member of Disney.com. Once I signed up and logged in it worked.

crazykids
06-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Just a heads up to anyone having trouble with the maps - click on the tab "low bandwidth" at the top of the page. This will remove some of the animation & the sound, but it did the trick & I was able to order the maps.

Imakejessicarabbitjelous
07-03-2007, 06:09 PM
i think its pretty daft(stupid) coz like i live in the UK and want the 4 my big collage but i cant get them!:(

mainemajor
07-03-2007, 07:15 PM
I had no problem and just received an email telling me that they were on their way:mickey:
My son has tried a couple of times and had issues each time:confused: So it seems to be a hit or miss. Just keep trying at different times of the day/week and I'm sure you will be successful

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Yes...do dump your internet files if you haven't done so..they can slow you down and interfere with running things. Go to your start menu....click on control panel...click on internet options - then click on delete all temporary files (off-line as well) - you can also dump your cookies, but keep in mind that you may have to sign in fresh to some siters where you're used to always being logged in....
If you don't get the maps before you leave...there's a nother thought....keep a log of everything that you do and then when you get home, order maps that mark off all the things that you did as a keepsake of your trip.
good luck,
lauren

carley
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
wanted to get these maps but they wont mail them to canada.... do you think if put down the resort im staying at disney will mail them to the resort for me ? :blush:

Becky'sMom
07-03-2007, 08:37 PM
Hmmm... having them arrive at the resort while you're actuslly staying there is probably logistically unlikely. Don't you have a friend in the states? WDW could mail it to them and they can foward them to you?

carley
07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
*smacks forhead* thanks ;) never thought of that... to excited about our first trip to disney to think straight

Gotta Love Eeyore
07-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Had no problem ordering/receiving. I did notice that mine had choices that I didn't select. I also thought they were more like keepsakes than anything that I would shove in a backpack while I was there. They are pretty nice.

True Disney Fan
07-04-2007, 10:53 PM
;)When my dgt. told me about the maps, I went on line and made up the choices I wanted.

I did not have any trouble which surprised me as I am not use to or very knowledgeable of the computer. :confused: I got the maps back within three weeks.

:thumbsup:They are really neat,cover all four parks and as earlier stated on the board,personalized. :mickey: