View Full Version : Our Unexpected Trip 5/19 - 5/25 Day 6

Mom to a Princess and a Prince
06-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Cast:
Me - Amy, Disney fanatic and planner, 38
DH - Gene, willing participant, 40
DD - Sam, totally hooked, 6
DS - Chris, huge Pirate fan, 4

On Thursday, Gene went alone to the food court for our drinks. The kids were getting worn out and weren't quick to get moving, to say the least! We had an early ADR scheduled for Cape May Cafe so we took the bus to Animal Kingdom in order to get the bus to the Beach Club. There were lots of buses there and someone asked where we were heading. We told him and he pointed us to a bus that took us straight to the Beach Club and we were the only ones on it. Chris thought that was so funny. My cousin was meeting us for breakfast and she was running a little late so when I checked in I asked to be seated in about 1/2 hour when she would be arriving and the hostess said it wouldn't be a problem. She gave us a pager which went off about 3 minutes later. We just decided to sit without my cousin since I didn't want to mess up the schedule for anyone else. We were barely sitting when Goofy came to visit. What a cutie! Chip followed quickly, but no Dale. Then Minnie, but still no Dale. My cousin showed up shortly after our visits and we all enjoyed the wonderful breakfast buffet! As we were finishing up, Goofy and Minnie came back, followed by who I thought was Chip. He actually scared me when he tapped me on the shoulder! I laughed and said, "Chip, you scared me!" He picked up a pen and wrote "dale" on the paper table cloth. I felt so bad, but we hadn't seen him through the whole breakfast and he really did scare me. Oh well, he didn't seem too upset and we got some great pictures! We all really had a great time at the breakfast and will definitely do this one again.

After breakfast, Gene took the kids back to Animal Kingdom after we confirmed with the concierge that the safari was open. They had a very busy day - they did the safari, Samantha got a hair wrap done, both kids got tattoos, they saw the Pochahantas show and got some autographs. I was bummed that I missed that time with the kids, but I had a great time with my cousin. She took me shopping where only cm's and their guests can shop. What a great time! I bought so much stuff that I left 1/2 of it with her and she shipped it to me the following week! After shopping, my cousin dropped me off at Sports so I could leave my bags and I headed to Epcot to meet up with Gene and the kids. The line for the Epcot bus was huge and there was no bus, so I hopped the bus to MGM and took another bus from there to Epcot. I got there before our meeting time so I just hung out at the fountains and enjoyed the scenery. It sure is nice to get a little relaxation in! When we finally met up, we kind of just wandered around. We had yummy :marg:s and the kids enjoyed some time in a playground and making crafts. We waited in line to meet Koda, but he took a break before our turn and the kids were getting restless so we didn't wait. We got lots of great pictures of the topiaries and caught a little bit of Off Kilter. We were all exhausted so we called it quits and headed back for a quick dinner in the food court and a swim in the pool.

Tomorrow: MK and departure day

faline
06-19-2007, 02:40 PM
You must have found lots of wonderful things on your shopping expedition!

Glad you got to spend time with your cousin!

Lizzie
06-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Sounds like a great day. And a lot of fun shopping.

January-2007
06-20-2007, 11:54 AM
Sounds like you had a great time with your cousin, thanks for the trip report!

Bethis26fan
06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a great time was had by all.

DizNee143
06-22-2007, 02:57 PM
breakfast sounds great!!
im glad that the safari was open you guys were able to tape it then for Sam (how did that go btw?)..
dont you just loooove the shopping places that CMs get to go...i went there a few time while my sister was working there!! its great!!! i wish she still worked there so i could get back there!!
and yet another great ending to the day...:mickey:

pdrlkr
06-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: