PDA

View Full Version : Wishes and Dreams Come True - Day 1

MOJoe
06-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Sunday 6/10/07

Minnie and i didn't sleep well. Just too excited. I get up at 7:00, get coffee, stroll around the pool with U2's "One" playing on the grounds sound system. Cool moment. I enjoy just taking it all in. I get back to the room to find everyone still asleep. "Hey, we've got to get going". This is the last day Daniel Logan is giving autographs. But we are moving kinda slow. We don't get to MGM till 9:00 and i don't see the autograph line. I ask a cast member where the end of the line is. She gives me a worried look and points across the lake. "You are probably too late". We run over to get in a fairly long line. Solo runs over to RnRC to get 4 fastpasses while Indy and i wait for our fastpass for Daniel Logan. We get it! Guaranteed 4:20 session. Yea!

With tickets in hand we meet under Mickey's hat and decide to get on The Great Movie Ride. In the queue, where the movie screen is, Solo says he can't wait. We have to find a restroom. Now. Dang! So we all exit. Then we watch High School Musical, and the Star Wars Parade. Oddly, no mention of the Parade was listed on the times guide. Strange. It was fun though. Ray Park (Darth Maul) jumped out of his car and did some martial arts moves. Cool. Afterwards we try to get Indy in Jedi Training. SOOO many kids. Indy is not chosen. We'll try later i tell him. Then it's time for our RnRC fastpass time. Indy decides not to ride. So he and Minnie go get a seat for Beauty and the Beast, while Solo and i ride RnRC. We exit and run to the show just as it starts. Minnie has saved us seats! She loves this show. Always crys. The boys however...it's kicking and screaming for them. After this we hand our other 2 fastpasses to a nice young couple, because it's time for Sci-Fi Dine In.

As we are checking in, an overweight man is pleading with the castmember to be seated. "But sir, your ADR is not for 2 hours" "But it is so hot outside, can't i just go in and sit down?" "No, but you can wait here if you like." Disgusted he leaves. We, being on time, are seated quickly. I know this place has its detractors, but we had a great time. We had front row seats. Great burgers, raspberry lemonade, milk shakes. Perfect place to refresh in the middle of a hot June day. After lunch we see the Indy Stunt Show. Indy's favorite. Then we pay a visit to the gift shop and get the Indy Hat that we meant to get last year. The rest of the week, all the cast members referred to my son as Indy or Dr. Jones. It became hillarious. We take another look at the throng hoping to become Jedi. Hopeless. There must have been over 200 kids waving their arms. So we go watch the afternoon parade.

It's now time for our autograph session with Daniel Logan. Minnie and Solo decide to go back to the Dolphin to rest, because we plan to attend Magic Kingdom EMH. So Indy and i get in line. It starts to rain, so the session is moved to the ABC Theater. As we wait it starts to storm. Think blowing sideways sheets of rain. We are trying to keep the book from getting wet. This book was purchased from a school book club. It has Daniel Logans picture on the front as young Boba Fett. The other people in line oooh and aww as they see it. We get to the front of the line and as Daniel Logan signs the book he tells us to "Take care of that book, you don't want it to get wet." Good advice. Because the storm has turned fierce. Indy is tired and impatient. "Lets go", "5 more minutes", "I want to go to the room", "I don't want to get soaked". We wait. 5 minutes turn into an hour. It is still storming. Lightning. Thunder. Torrents of rain. I ask a cast member if she knows anything. "Just saw a weather report. Huge storm, some hail, dangerous lightning, going to be here awile." I give up. We wrap the book up, along with my camera in a plastic bag and run for the boats. We get to the dock soaked. But the boats are shut down due to the lightning. "We can't get much wetter" i say to Indy, so we run all the way back to the Dolphin. "I AM SO MISERABLE", i yell to Indy passing the Boardwalk. "So why are we laughing?" Once inside we walk to our room getting some funny looks from scores of IBMers there for a convention. We get to the room and dry off. Minnie and Solo tell us they got the last boat out of MGM. We then unwrap the plastic bag, to inspect our treasure. The Boba Fett book has survived the ordeal, but my camera did not.

After a short rest we go to the Boardwalk for dinner at Spoodles. Good place. The atmosphere is nothing really special but the food is very good. The best Disney food on our trip. Really. Afterwards we head to Magic Kingdom for EMH. As we get our wristbands at Town Hall a day guest is trying to "buy" wristbands. "They are not for sale" a cast member explains. She is still arguing as we leave. We begin our tour at 11:00 with a Jungle Cruise. Crazy Captain. I think he had more fun than anyone else on the cruise. Then we see Pirates. Much improved! Loved the new additions. Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, love it! Snow White, TeaCups, then over to Tomorrowland. We all love Buzz, then we see Monsters. Solo loves it, and begs to do it again. "Instead," i say "lets do Space Mountain". He agrees. Huge Line! So we all hop on the TTA. As we enter Space the lights are on. The ride is shut down. Wierd. In the dark this place is awe inspiring. But with the lights on, it looks old, tired and creepy. So we all do Buzz and Monsters again. We leave the park at 2:00 and get to bed at 3:00. "What a day," i think as i drift off.
One wish has been granted.

BrerSchultzy
06-19-2007, 11:52 AM
You have such a great style of narration. I look forward to reading the rest of your reports...I really feel invested in you all having a great time.

Thanks!

faline
06-19-2007, 12:00 PM
There was another flyer at Disney Studios which listed Star Wars events including the parade. It was not displayed when we entered. We had to ask two cast members and be directed to a security guard who whipped a flyer out of his back pocket! You'd think these flyers would be prominently displayed during Star Wars weekends?!

Quite an adventure you and your son had in the storm! Glad the book was okay. Sorry about the camera!

Talk about a full day! I would have been exhausted!

January-2007
06-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the trip report!

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
This is awesome!! I can't wait for the next installment. It's like a good book, you just can't "put it down".

Lizzie
06-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Sounds like a great day.

pogo
06-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm glad you had a great day in spite of the rain.:mickey: Thanks for sharing. :D

Figment78
06-19-2007, 11:22 PM
Thank you for sharing! This is a fantastic trip report! I'm having so much fun reading it. As said previously, you have a great style of writing, I can't wait to read more!

T-Belle
06-20-2007, 05:38 PM
I am SOOOo glad you got the autograph! You had me worried when the storm came up!!! What a long day!

Bethis26fan
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Thanks for sharing.

BronxTigger
06-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Wow what a long day! It's too bad about your camera. I guess I'll have to read more to find out if you got a new one?

...off to day 2!

Dopey's Girl
06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Great report! I'm on the edge of my seat!

Gotta go read more!

pdrlkr
06-22-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

sleepingbooty
06-23-2007, 09:43 AM
What a bummer about the camera! Well, at least the book survived - you can always buy another camera:mickey:

wilshade
06-24-2007, 08:23 AM
Loved the report! The info about SciFi Diner and Spoodles was good for me, since I have adrs for them for my own trip.

KylesMom
06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
OMG - we were at MGM the same day, saw the parade & Ray Park do his "moves", and had an 11:40 ADR at Sci Fi. What are the odds! We, however, bailed & watched the storm from our resort.

Great report! Can't wait to read more!:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-26-2007, 08:22 PM
thanks for sharing

castlelady36
06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Loved your report!! Thanks:thumbsup:

DizNee143
06-28-2007, 12:23 PM
sounds like a pretty good day!! glad you were able to get one wish granted so far!!:mickey:
sorry about the camera!! was it totally ruined?

Pocahontas
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow, what a fun day. What is it about running in the rain that makes you feel miserable, but can crack you up as well. Similar thing happened to DD and me at disney. We both hate getting wet in our street clothes, but we found ourselves laughing uncontrolably at the time.

princessgirls
06-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the terrific report.

It seems that you all had a great time!

Julie:mickey:

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:46 AM
thanks for sharing !

mrsgaribaldi
07-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm sorry that your camera didn't make it but I'm glad that you got the autograph you wanted:mickey:Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
07-04-2007, 11:35 AM
WOW you got a lot done! I am so glad that you enjoyed your day! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

ElenitaB
07-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow... that is one loooong day! The Force must have been with you! ;)

Sorry that your DS didn't get picked for the Jedi Training Academy. I'll have to wait and see if you tried again later in the week.

Your storm story had me reminiscing about the deluge we experienced last year when DS was signed up for the trivia challenge (which ended up cancelled). Is rain required for SWW?