PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo or Spirit of Aloha

browneyedgirl12
06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Which of these dinner shows do you think is better we want to do aqt least one of them for our upcoming trip and I would like your opinions. :mickey:

ResQRanger82
06-19-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm more of a Hoop-Dee-Doo person myself. Though I haven't been to either in a few years, the food is more up my alley at HDD and I love the show. In fact, I'm going to HDD in a couple weeks!!! Both are great shows, though.

KAT1811
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
We LOVE the Hoop-Dee-Doo and didn't really care for the Luau. In fact we do the HDDR every trip. I think it's more fun and slap happy. We always have a ton of fun when we're there. We are going with a party of 9 this year so I'm really excited!!

WVDisneyFan
06-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Hoop Dee Doo! Food is better and we love the show. The atmosphere at Fort Wilderness is awesome. If you can, take some extra time just to visit this resort.

CU Tiger
06-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Hoop Dee Doo for sure!! :number1: We feel it has a better show and the food is also tastier :eat:. :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
This is a NO brainer!! The HDD is such a better show and the food is GREAT!!! I would suggest you do HDD and then make an ADR for O'Hana if you want the Hawaii experience. O'Hana is GREAT!!:thumbsup:

tink2006
06-19-2007, 10:56 AM
I'll be the lonely vote for Spirit of Aloha :number1: The reason is my DS14. As a teenager he enjoys the Luau much more than HDD :blush:
We also enjoy the food and walking around the Poly. We are not very big on Fort Wilderness.

disneycouple2004
06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
We didn't care for the Aloha show..we waited to be seated almost one hour..(standing)..we were sitting so far to the back we could not see anything..we shared a table with another family.(thank goodness that went well)..the food and the service was about the only thing we did enjoy..

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-19-2007, 11:11 AM
I'm a huge HDD fan! We've been twice and LOVED it each time.

DH and I have gone on our own, and with DD, then 8, and we all had a great time!

The food is good, filling, and the show is soooo funny. You will enjoy yourself :thumbsup:

lovetheprincesses
06-19-2007, 11:23 AM
We didn't care for the Aloha show..we waited to be seated almost one hour..(standing)..we were sitting so far to the back we could not see anything..we shared a table with another family.(thank goodness that went well)..the food and the service was about the only thing we did enjoy..

You do have different tiers now. Instead of first-come, first serve or the luck of the draw, you now choose which tier of the luau.

moe513
06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
The hoop dee doo gets better reviews.

LibertyTreeGal
06-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Hoop Dee Doo in 160 days. Yipeee!!!!!!!!!

It's the best :thumbsup:

lyle21
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
my family used to do both back in the 80's and early 90's. but since then we have just done the hoop dee doo. it is a blast. food is just ok, though very toddler friendly. i love taking the boat over and the anticipation before being allowed in. the show is so corny, but a great time. i loved it even back when i was a teenager.

another vote for HDD!

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 02:55 PM
We saw the Aloha show. It was okay. But I would really like to see HDD. And with all these positive comments, I am changing our first night in from Trail's End to HDD.

Pocahontas
06-19-2007, 04:04 PM
It's been years since I've been to these shows, but I remember enjoying the Aloha show more than Hoop Dee Doo. The food was about the same quality at both places.

dolphinmickey9170
06-19-2007, 04:08 PM
I did it, just called, changed to HDD!! Table for 6 in cat2, kinda difficult, but we got it.:number1:

January-2007
06-19-2007, 04:26 PM
I voted for Hoop Dee Doo. Growing up, I went to the Luau a lot, at least three times, but it has changed and is not really that great anymore, so is no longer on my list. For the first time ever, on the other hand, we are going to Hoop Dee Doo is September, and couldn't be more excited! So I voted hoping it is better, since I haven't gone yet. I think we'll really dig it.

alpro2
06-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Did HDD twice and will do it again. Tried SOA once and won't go back.

mousetrapper
06-19-2007, 05:20 PM
If you had asked me which one I THOUGHT I'd like before I tried either of them, I would have said the Luau...but now that I've done both, Hoop Dee Doo Revue wins hands down for me.

I love the Poly and I really think everyone should do the Luau once in their life, but once was enough for me.

On the other hand, we've done HDDR several times now and haven't tired of it yet!!

I don't know what it is about the Luau I don't like...the long tables? The food? The atmosphere? The show? Probably a combo of all of these...it's not bad, really, but just not what I expected.

I think if they would change it to more of an authentic luau experience it may be better.

The one time we went though we had a cool experience: the kids from "Mike's Super Short Show" on the Disney Channel. It was the boy's birthday so they made a big deal out of it.

My DDs at the time thought that was very cool!:thumbsup:

mousetrapper
06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
The one time we went though we had a cool experience: the kids from "Mike's Super Short Show" on the Disney Channel.

Sorry, that didn't make much sense...!!

I meant to say that the two kids from "Mike's Super Short Show" were at the luau when we went...we actually stood in line with them before proceeding over to the show, and my DDs got to meet and talk with them. They were very nice and seemed tickled that we recognized them!

pogo
06-19-2007, 10:45 PM
We enjoyed the Spirit of Aloha show in April, 2006 when we experienced it.:mickey: But we really enjoyed HDD this past April. :thumbsup: The food was way better...... and the show was twice as good. :yes:

If you are going to do one dinner show..... make it HDD. :D

Mickey91
06-19-2007, 11:21 PM
We loved Spirit of Aloha!!:mickey:

Disney4
06-20-2007, 05:01 PM
My wife scammed and got me in the tutu for HDD. :blush:

I had a few sangrias in me already, so it was a real blast.

The show is really fun and the bar-b-que is good eats.

I also think I have hidden all the video and picture evidence . . . . :D