PDA

View Full Version : Craziest VP mishap?

KAT1811
06-18-2007, 11:22 PM
I was just thinking back upon all of our past trips and one jumps out as the craziest :crazy: yet. I was wondering what crazy things have happened to all of you while planning a WDW trip. What obstacles :hurdle: have you overcome in order to be in the happiest place on earth?

Mine was a blizzard! :snowball: No way a ton of snow was goin to keep me from my beloved WDW!!! This was our girls trip, mom, DD#1 8 (at the time), DD#2 3 1/2 months (at the time), cousin, her DD 2 (at the time), and myself. We were heading down to WDW for a couple of days and then on to Fort Myers/Sanibel to see the grandparents.

We were leaving RI at the end of February, begining of March and a blizzard was heading our way. I'd been trying to change our flights all week but SW wanted some obscene amount of $$$ for the change of fares because they had not "officially" gotten the weather warning redirecting flights.

The day before we were set to leave I was still trying to no avail, I'd called the airline first thing in the morning. DD#1 came home "sick" :ill: from school (I think she was just too excited because she wanted to help pack as soon as we got home). We went on packing, very slowly I may add after all I had all day and night.

DH was flying out the next morning as well on business. Afraid he was going to miss his Miami meetings (I'm sure that is what he was afraid to miss!! LOL!!) :vacation: he asked if I would call and try to get him out that evening. Much to my surprise his airline said no problem and put him on the next avaliable flight. So I went and packed him up and sent him on his way. Now the wheels are really turning here people. I was determined to get the girls all out that night as well.

With the house phone I called SW and yet again asked to redirect us, apparently the "official" word had been given and the operator worked with me to get us out. She gave me two flight options one was on the late side so I called cousin and asked what worked best for her (my DD's were fine her's was the only one that may be affected by a very late flight).

With the house phone on one ear and cell on the other I went back and forth trying to figure out a flight. She asked me how long it would take us to get to the airport because she had a flight leaving in a little over an hour. I live 10 minutes from the airport and cousin lives about 20 minutes out. We decided to take the chance and go for it. :bolt:

Remember I'm not packed, the kids aren't packed, neither are cousin and her DD, Oh and Mom is in a board meeting and she's not packed either!!!! What a laugh we still get over the next few hours!!!

I packed like a mad woman!!! Keep in mind I have a 3 1/2 month old! I finally track Mom down and get her out of her meeting and gave her a small heart attack :faint:, time to go!!!

Now that we are all scrambling to get to the airport my next problem arises. DH is already on the way to the airport and I need a ride. I was driving a Jaguar at the time and there was NO way, even with a small miracle we could have all fit in the car with all of our luggage!!! (Stroller, carseat, luggage, carryon, diaper bag, pump, etc.) DH and his friend have to turn around and come back and get us!!! We looked like the family in Home Alone!!!

We all make it to the airport and on the flight successfully! Laughing all the way!!! I get stopped in security for a compact mirror to boot!!!

After we land it dawns on all of us as we stand at baggage claim that we have no car, no hotel, no where to go!!! That is when my love for Disney pays off. We hopped in the next taxi and told him to head to WDW as I called reservations from my cell. I figured that in the 30 minute ride they'd find us something and they did, connecting rooms none the less!!! :wave:

mrsgaribaldi
06-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I have nothing that gets anywhere near as tense as your story. The best I have is getting stuck on the Goethals bridge on the way to the airport and freaking out that we were going to miss our flight. We made it with plenty of time:blush:

Checkers
06-19-2007, 10:04 AM
I have nothing that even gets close, Kat1811! I loved your story. Oh, what we "mouse lovers" do to get our fix!:mickey:

disneycouple2004
06-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Mother-in-law made all our dinner ressies one year..somehow they got all messed up..she kept calling and changing them..forgot to write down the changes..it was a total chaos..i think we may have only had 3 out of about 15 correct..:mad:..never again..now we make all the ressies..:D...the karma part is her credit card was charged for some of the ressies we didn't make...oops...:thumbsup: