bratmaster
06-18-2007, 10:15 PM
cast members
me (bratmaster)
dh
dd age 11
dd age 7
ds age 4

Oops, i forgot to mention in my last post about that great off-site hotle we stayed at - $89 per night it cost us. We stayed 11 nights and it only totalled, with tax, about $1,100. Having stayed at Pop before, we got a lot more for our money there and the best part was when we came home at night we only had to walk to the elevator. At pop i swear we had to walk a mile to get back to our room. It was always exhausting to get back there. Also, having a kitchen was nice because we had a freezer and we froxe our water bottles every day so they stayed nice and cool. I am just mentioning this because having stayed both on and off property now, i can really compare the experinces. But simply put, once you get past 4 people disney does not accomodate families. (at least not cheaply!)
Anyhow, Day one we started our day nice and early at MK. The first thing i noticed was the lovebugs. They were just EVERYWEHERE. it was awful. i did not think i could take it for 10 days with those things flying all over. But for some reason which i cannot explain, this was the only day i ever saw them. I never saw another the whole trip. It baffled me. As i had mentioned before, my girls had lost their minds and were just totally complaining and crabbing over something the whole time. Here is the biggest thing to ever tick me off. We got a guest assistance card for my DS4, who has hyperlexia, a form of autism. For our entire trip we practically walked onto everything. i think we weaited no more than 5 minutes at the longest ever. And my girls had the nerve, after walking past an 85 minute wait line, to fight over where they got to sit on the ride. I have never wanted to beat my kids so deeply before, but that just did me in. The ungrateful little brats. Actually everything they fought/complained/cried over was always something trivial. Another biggie was somebody always refusing to be in a picture, or somebody having a fit becuase they could not stand where they wanted to in the picture. If they did not get their way they were just bratty. And DD11 just liked to push buttons and make DD& cry constantly. Anyways, by late afternoon my DS4 just suddenly got miserably crabby. I think he was still adjusting to the time change; his normal bedtime is 7:30pm. Not sure if it was lucky or not that he adjusted, because he never got crabby at night again like that, but we had the double edged sword of trying to get him to relax at 11pm from here on out! Needless to say, he adjusted quickly from his early bedtime. So that first day we had to leave by 5pm. He just couldn't handle it, and we were having no fun with him crying and being overtired the whole time. Besides, i was pretty sick of the girls attitudes by now.

Mickey'sGirl
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
I am so sorry that you aren't finding as much magic as you hoped! I am glad that you were able to avoid long waits with your son. Maybe the heat and humidity was upsetting the girls...It does get extreme!

faline
06-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Sounds like you got a great price on your resort!

offwego
06-19-2007, 01:43 PM
The resort price sounds great. And a good idea about the frozen water bottles.

Glad your son adjusted to the changes in sleep routines.

What rides did he enjoy the most? Thanks again for sharing with us.

January-2007
06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

Pocahontas
06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Wow, I can't believe the short waiting times. The only time I have had that kind of luck was in the end of January.

Glad your son was able to adjust somewhat easially. Just think, one day your DD's may be best of friends.

Lizzie
06-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Glad to hear your son eventually adjusted.

pdrlkr
06-22-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
06-23-2007, 11:23 PM
thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
06-27-2007, 11:48 AM
im so sorry your first day wasnt anything like you probably imagined!!...
the hotel you stayed at sounds very nice and very roomy!..and if you like it better!! than go for it...
believe me.. ill be thinking about staying offsite now..that i moved out and my parents dont pay for my vacations anymore...

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2007, 10:14 PM
our off-site visit was a 6 person suite for 45 a night. We got a length of stay discount because we stayed 18 nights. So I understand your feelings with staying on/off property.

Thanks for the report.

realtreebar
07-02-2007, 12:43 AM
thanks for sharing !

vizsla
07-02-2007, 05:39 AM
Thanks for the report.

ChipnDaleGal
07-02-2007, 05:41 AM
I am glad that you enjoyed your resort so much. It certainly does sound like you had a very good deal there.

mrsgaribaldi
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
We usually stay in a Disney resort but there's just 2 adults. Once we stayed at one of the hotels in DTD and it was great. A suite for 89 a night. You couldn't beat it. As for the kids, maybe the heat and excitement was just to much for them. 11 is still awful young. I know it must have been frustrating to have to put up with it but at least you were in Disney World;)