PDA

View Full Version : Aug ADR's...need some input

mouseaddict
06-18-2007, 09:12 PM
I have a few dilemmas for our Aug trip, and I coul use some advice from the pros...
day 1 Lunch at Hollywood and Vine..for the kids. I have heard it is very loud but I want them to enjoy it. For those who have gone..was it unbearably loud?
day 1..thinking of doing tea at GF..but don't think my DS5 will enjoy it. My friends daughter will eat it up tho.
Day 2 Dinner at Rose and Crown. (6:10) We know this is too early for Illuminations but we want to keep options open for either it or Fantasmic. I love R&C but I was hoping to try all new places this time. Would you do Kona instead?
Day 3 ok..this one is set..no change here..Narcoossees!!!!! Then P&P party!
Day 4...also no way we are changing this one.... Victoria and Albert's!!!! Leaving the kids with our "sitter" and going for a girls night out! (and yes..we WILL do the wine!)
Day 5 Akershus dinner (this is my friend's fave..and her daughter loves the princesses) We will also be eating late so we can catch Illuminations.
DAY 6 (DEPARTURE DAY) Ohana for breakfast

That is it..any input? Any room for changes? Kids are both 5 and there will be a 9 month old. I want to avoid buffets as much as possible.

KAT1811
06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
I have a few dilemmas for our Aug trip, and I coul use some advice from the pros...
day 1 Lunch at Hollywood and Vine..for the kids. I have heard it is very loud but I want them to enjoy it. For those who have gone..was it unbearably loud?.

I haven'y done it personally but "too loud" sin't in my vocabulary. Many restaurants people complain about being loud are just a result of poor design, there is nothing to absorb the sound. Plus the kids will love it so it will be worth it!

day 1..thinking of doing tea at GF..but don't think my DS5 will enjoy it. My friends daughter will eat it up tho. .

A little girl at tea, fabulous! Why not get DS a coloring book and markers or a new toy or book at the GF gift shop so he'll be entertained too?

Day 2 Dinner at Rose and Crown. (6:10) We know this is too early for Illuminations but we want to keep options open for either it or Fantasmic. I love R&C but I was hoping to try all new places this time. Would you do Kona instead?

Personally the menue at R&C doesn't grab me I would prefer Kona. On the other hand it may not be too early for Illuminations depending how they are running. If you have to wait a bit (which in my experience you do at any restaurant) you may be able to drag dinner out long enough to be just finishing when it starts. Think drinks, apps, entree, and dessert.

Day 3 ok..this one is set..no change here..Narcoossees!!!!! Then P&P party!
I'll have to try this one on our next trip. Everyone seems to like it!

Day 4...also no way we are changing this one.... Victoria and Albert's!!!! Leaving the kids with our "sitter" and going for a girls night out! (and yes..we WILL do the wine!)

Enjoy the wine!!! Maybe if we ever do an adult trip we'll try it. I feel too guilty leaving the kids for dinner. Although we love to go to the Adventurers club after they are all tucked in and Nanny & Poppy are watching them!

Day 5 Akershus dinner (this is my friend's fave..and her daughter loves the princesses) We will also be eating late so we can catch Illuminations.
I wasn't aware that they had the princesses at night. Is the menu the same?

DAY 6 (DEPARTURE DAY) Ohana for breakfast

We liked it didn't love it. But how hard is it to mess up eggs and bacon? I hear that Chef Mickey's is great. We LOVE the breakfast at Crystal Palace (in a park and a buffet so maybe it's not an option for you.)

Everything looks great!!! Have a great trip!!!

tinksmom02
06-19-2007, 10:16 PM
H&V is loud in the sense that they play Playhouse Disney music continually, and very often they have CMs who encourage the kids to get up and dance and sing around the restaurant. If the kids enjoy Playhouse Disney they will enjoy this meal. DD4 loved it, especially b/c of Little Einsteins (she's not really into jojo anymore, but still enjoy seeing her & Goliath!)